Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SilentChaz posted:

I have some extra cancer fragments if you want to stop by and pick them up sometime. Don't need anything in return.

Also, Redd is visiting. The paintings he has left for sale are fakes. Dodo code and details in the PGS thread here

I would love to grab some cancer fragments, I think I just need two for that crab table - I can head over in a few minutes since you're open. Thank you in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sorry to double post, just wanted to say thanks again, that really made my day :tipshat:

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
Soxingtown is open for some night touching! The good kind! Details are in the PGS thread.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So do goons sell or trade for gold nuggets in any capacity?

I bought 40 (1,200 pieces) stacks on eBay for $7. I don’t know if that’s what you meant by sell, but yeah.

Azure
Oct 30, 2010
Quick question to the people that advertise departing villagers, is it a first come first serve basis?

I may have a villager to be advertised in the next few days. She seems to be very popular (and probably one of the most sought after).

Just want to be fair to the people that are interested and/or have empty slots.

Thanks!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorry to double post, just wanted to say thanks again, that really made my day :tipshat:

Hrrrngh, crab battle.,.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

e: closed

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 1, 2020

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020

Azure posted:

Quick question to the people that advertise departing villagers, is it a first come first serve basis?

I may have a villager to be advertised in the next few days. She seems to be very popular (and probably one of the most sought after).

Just want to be fair to the people that are interested and/or have empty slots.

Thanks!

I can’t access the SA AC Discord because I’m too new, so I don’t know if there are specific rules in there. In my experience on other Discords, if you are giving them away for free, it’s first come, first serve and the person has to have an open spot on their island. If they can’t immediately come to claim them, I go to the next person who DMed me.

If I’m selling for NMTs, I ask for a photo of their open plot and NMTs at the airport before I lead them to the villager’s house. If it’s a high NMT transaction, sometimes that’s multiple trips for them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nips in beautiful New Jersey are selling for 505, Leif's here, and there's a ton of DIYs I don't need that I beg of you to take. Posting the code in PGS.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

New month, new bugs and fish! And they’re spawning like crazy for me. I don’t want to spoil it, but one of them was a really fun surprise.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It's Curt's birthday on Fiorina! Come visit and drop off a gift for the cranky bastard! Full info on PGS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=11#post506181408

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I put this game down for awhile and now I'm stuck. It wants me to make my island pretty for KK to come do a concert, but i dont understand what it wants from me. I also dont understand how to get more villagers to move in.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who on earth greenlit Blathers' Al Franken reference? Fuckin' Treehouse...

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Goobish posted:

I put this game down for awhile and now I'm stuck. It wants me to make my island pretty for KK to come do a concert, but i dont understand what it wants from me. I also dont understand how to get more villagers to move in.

Talk to Isabelle about Island Evaluations, she'll tell you exactly what you need to do. Just so you know, the max number of trees before penalty is 220 ;)

runchild
May 26, 2010

Goobish posted:

Isabelle will tell you your current score. If your current island evaluation is 1-star, you need more villagers. If it’s 2, you need to increase two separate scores. One is based on island infrastructure and NON-DIY furniture outside. The second score is based on flowers, trees, and DIY furniture outside. Isabelle will hint at what score needs increased, but you don’t have to use the exact thing she says, just add more stuff in that category until she’s satisfied. There’s a few other conditions that can prevent 5-stars but I don’t think they stop you from having the 3 you need.

As for villagers, if you’ve already invited your mandatory first campsite visitor then you need to talk to Tom Nook about building more houses. Once a housing plot is set down it will randomly fill up in a day or two, unless you invite someone from the campsite, someone else’s island, or from a Mystery Tour. Villagers will only show up on Mystery Tours if you have an open plot.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Strap in, Blathers! I got a whole bunch of new bugs to donate and I'm gonna want to know alllll about 'em

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

gently caress. Tex was walking around thinking (presumably about moving out, thank god) only I accidentally smacked him with a net and that apparently knocked him off his train of thought.

You’ll be gone soon enough, you boring penguin.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Tree bugs like cicadas and beetles spawn even when it rains nice.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Is there anything gated behind the KK concert? I'm also at that point but I've intentionally avoided building any roads or fences because I'd prefer it not to look like a city.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Is there anything gated behind the KK concert? I'm also at that point but I've intentionally avoided building any roads or fences because I'd prefer it not to look like a city.

Construction is gated behind the concert, no? Also the golden watering can if you care about that.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you put up all the fences Nook gives you, that’s usually enough to get to 3* on its own.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I managed to get my island up to 5 stars without it looking like a city, it's fairly rustic and "islandy" looking. It's open at the moment if you wanna come over and get an idea of what you can do without overstuffing every free are with furniture and decorations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Goobish posted:

You have to talk to Tom a bunch, gulliver style. That's the worst part of the game really. I too was stuck on that for days.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ruinous orchid posted:

I have a bunch of mushrooms and mushroom items I can trade you, but there's no way to show you what anything looks like without spoiling, so... and if it helps, as far as I know, it's similar to how Summer Shells wash up and now there's Summer Shell recipes.

Thank you. If I could grab some mushroom stuff from you (almost exclusively mushrooms I can put outside on the island) I would appreciate it. I will send you a PM, as well. If you can't find the time to help me no big deal.

Edit: nvm. The forums says you have PMs turned off so I can't message you there.

As for anyone looking for rusted parts, you can get them from the recycling center, as well. PM me if you want any. I don't really care and I like paying it forward. Hit me up by PM. If you don't have PM then post in this thread but I'm sporadic about checking on it.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Tree bugs like cicadas and beetles spawn even when it rains nice.

The jokes I got for catching a few of the cicada types directly referenced the rain, which I thought was weird since they’re not rain-only like snails. Presumably it has a different joke for when the weather’s clear.

BTW there are multiple types of cicadas and beetles this month that are tricky to tell apart. Don’t stop catching after just one.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A bug list mentions cicada shells as a catchable - I'm guessing they might turn up later in the month since they have a really low value but I didn't see any in like 2 hours of catching bugs.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I love how the bug sound effects add to the feel of the environment (locusts & cicadas. gently caress mole crickets tho). I wish frogs did the same in ponds. I've thought about stashing some hidden frog cages around my ponds.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Oxyclean posted:

A bug list mentions cicada shells as a catchable - I'm guessing they might turn up later in the month since they have a really low value but I didn't see any in like 2 hours of catching bugs.

They're super rare, bf finally just caught one after a few hours of playing. I don't think any bugs or fish are specific to a certain part of a month, they're all either in a month or not.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine. I never understood a single word he said. And that’s probably why he’s in boxes and moving away if anyone wants him.

His neighbor is also making gold lucky cat DIYs and there’s a bunch of DIYs littering the beach to the right of the airport if anyone wants them. Not much else going on in my town. Kicks is here I guess. So come get DIYs, shoes and a frog if you like.

Dodo code is: 5DQFG

Also Jeremiah’s birthday is next week. Don’t let him be alone on his birthday!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Nothing says Animal Crossing like cicada season :getin:

runchild posted:

New month, new bugs and fish! And they’re spawning like crazy for me. I don’t want to spoil it, but one of them was a really fun surprise.

the leaf thing right? I was wondering when I knocked it out of a tree, got distracted by a villager, and then suddenly it was moving.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Not sure what the hell to do with this part of my island.

Money forest?

https://twitter.com/BoomMike/status/1278404781304713217

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The walking leaf bug is a trip.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Poque posted:

They're super rare, bf finally just caught one after a few hours of playing. I don't think any bugs or fish are specific to a certain part of a month, they're all either in a month or not.

Weird, would have figured them to be more common when they sell for nearly nothing.

From what I saw, southern hemisphere folks last month didn't get snow covered ground till mid-month, and I thought I saw a bug listed as "rolling snowballs" or something which I assumed didn't show till there was actually snow on the ground.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I finally got rid of Rodney. He was my first camper and I was FORCED to accept him, and let him live amongst us. I've cycled slowly through all of my least liked neighbors, but despite Rodney being on the top of my list, he always evaded my wrath. Now he's gone and I have Goldie moving in.

I just really didn't like being forced to pick him.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Astro7x posted:

Money forest?

I’ve built “Bellionaire Ridge” but I don’t feel like it’s brought me as much joy as I hoped knowing I had all that money for the shaking.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Astro7x posted:

Money forest?

I had that, but it felt real good cutting them down when I got tired of it

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Poor Blathers. July is just not his month.

It's also not really my month, tbh, because rare beetle season is mostly nothing but frowny faces.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

War Wizard posted:

I finally got rid of Rodney. He was my first camper and I was FORCED to accept him, and let him live amongst us. I've cycled slowly through all of my least liked neighbors, but despite Rodney being on the top of my list, he always evaded my wrath. Now he's gone and I have Goldie moving in.

I just really didn't like being forced to pick him.

It’s hosed up that there’s three villagers named Rod, Rodney, and Rooney.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My first campsite villager was Poppy so I won the lottery on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Astro7x posted:

Money forest?

You got a good amount of space there, friend!

Uh... Large hedge maze!