Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lmao at gently caress you and Bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

docbeard posted:

I never really felt strongly about whether FYAD should stay or go but I also kind of don't really see why the only way to shoot the poo poo with your posting buddies is in an environment where none of the site's rules and standards can ever apply to you and you can bully anyone else on the site with impunity oh and also you take credit every time a scandal breaks about a bad moderator.

:hmmyes:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I just saw this and I think that posters itt will want to save it for future use:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

I just saw this and I think that posters itt will want to save it for future use:

quoting to save for future use

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I'd ask which QCS Thread this is all referring to, but maybe I don't want to know. It's not like reading it will improve my mood any.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

docbeard posted:

I never really felt strongly about whether FYAD should stay or go but I also kind of don't really see why the only way to shoot the poo poo with your posting buddies is in an environment where none of the site's rules and standards can ever apply to you and you can bully anyone else on the site with impunity oh and also you take credit every time a scandal breaks about a bad moderator.

If it really is only 15-30 people then they can just hang out in a discord and pop in to threadshit/accuse mods on their regular account. The entire argument is they're all such good friends using hard slurs at each other isn't mean or hurtful, and I'd think people who claim to be that close could easily make their own offsite space to do the same thing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zarin posted:

I'd ask which QCS Thread this is all referring to, but maybe I don't want to know. It's not like reading it will improve my mood any.

It's funny because you can see just how deeply the poison runs in SA as an organism
Like it looks like the forum may be able to get out from under Lowtax's control, probably time to consider bringing back the slur forum right?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

pentyne posted:

If it really is only 15-30 people then they can just hang out in a discord and pop in to threadshit/accuse mods on their regular account. The entire argument is they're all such good friends using hard slurs at each other isn't mean or hurtful, and I'd think people who claim to be that close could easily make their own offsite space to do the same thing.

They already have an offsite and it's filled with exactly the poo poo you would think it's filled with.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

tyvm, quoting for later

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zarin posted:

QCS thread #__________ gets derailed by the usual crew: relitigating the death of FYAD, railing against CSPAM and TMNR existing, and arguing that transphobic slurs aren’t actually slurs you see it’s a fetish and they’re only stalking those posters because they post bad and can’t take a joke and f

if you’ve read one, you’ve read em all. I don’t recommend it. the only interesting part is the internal discussion in that leaked mod forum thread... but that only got leaked so any “anti-FYAD mods” could be exposed and called to answer for their crimes.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

The reconciliation thread taking less than 24 hours to become a discussion of the merits of AGP and less than 48 to become a celebration of harassment is something else.

yeah now they're mocking a picture of some goon's outfit lol

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Fly Molo posted:

QCS thread #__________ gets derailed by the usual crew: relitigating the death of FYAD, railing against CSPAM and TMNR existing, and arguing that transphobic slurs aren’t actually slurs you see it’s a fetish and they’re only stalking those posters because they post bad and can’t take a joke and f

if you’ve read one, you’ve read em all. I don’t recommend it. the only interesting part is the internal discussion in that leaked mod forum thread... but that only got leaked so any “anti-FYAD mods” could be exposed and called to answer for their crimes.

drat, even our leaks are fake! Lame.

Yeah, I found it and it is pretty pathetic how it's just retconning and rules-lawyering. Maybe it's a cultural holdover from Helldump, but I guess I just don't "get" mocking other Goons (unless there's an exceptionally drat good reason to do so, of course).

I find it hard to understand why people are surprised when the group that went too far with that lost their space to keep doing that in. :shrug:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

TTerrible posted:

FYAD is coming back so fast
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Please do NOT make fun of the person wearing a beanie like a member of the coneheads- thank you.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Algund Eenboom posted:

Please do NOT make fun of the person wearing a beanie like a member of the coneheads- thank you.

gently caress you i wont do what you tell me

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

burt was garbage and im glad he's gone

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Algund Eenboom posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Did Burt ever get his 10k back from the cruise

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I didn't even support closing FYAD but the revisionist bullshit and AGP defense and mod support of all of it is beyond gross. I don't have much faith in this place.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Did Burt ever get his 10k back from the cruise

i hope so...

NOT

:grin:

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Zarin posted:

idk about that, pretty tasty argument in that thread about whether Chess is 2D or 3D and both sides are making some really good points

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

idk the past few days have changed my attitude from 'drive out the problem admins/mods to save the decades old community' to 'actually the community is rotten at its core and will never learn, let it burn'

gently caress it let the narcissists and psychopaths fight it out over the ashes, SA may not ever actually fully die but it's going to continue limping along bleeding out long term members with no new blood to replace them

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

QUEER FRASIER posted:

idk about that, pretty tasty argument in that thread about whether Chess is 2D or 3D and both sides are making some really good points

You can't trick me! I already tricked myself, you see.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I didn't even support closing FYAD but the revisionist bullshit and AGP defense and mod support of all of it is beyond gross. I don't have much faith in this place.

yeah, sometimes I think to myself “maybe they did get done dirty to some extent, maybe a containment zone for them would be a net benefit for everyone else”

then I read those posts and reconsider :shepface:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

lmao of course pick is going to come out in defense of loving fyad

of course that's a thing that would happen

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fly Molo posted:

yeah, sometimes I think to myself “maybe they did get done dirty to some extent, maybe a containment zone for them would be a net benefit for everyone else”

then I read those posts and reconsider :shepface:

Wheeee posted:

idk the past few days have changed my attitude from 'drive out the problem admins/mods to save the decades old community' to 'actually the community is rotten at its core and will never learn, let it burn'

gently caress it let the narcissists and psychopaths fight it out over the ashes, SA may not ever actually fully die but it's going to continue limping along bleeding out long term members with no new blood to replace them

:same:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

lmao of course pick is going to come out in defense of loving fyad

of course that's a thing that would happen

pick owns

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Pick's whole gimmick is the embodiment of polite hitler

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Wheeee posted:

The people who most desperately want things to remain the same who have never heard of brain drain, either. The amount of "and when we get new users...!" comments is amusing but sad

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZEa_zx80pk

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wheeee posted:

Same. I am only still here to check 1/2 threads and otherwise watch the death spasms.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loving lol at someone posting a bunch of the gross poo poo that got posted and people tripping over themselves to go "well what were we supposed to do, tell them to stop?"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Oh Snapple! posted:

loving lol at someone posting a bunch of the gross poo poo that got posted and people tripping over themselves to go "well what were we supposed to do, tell them to stop?"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

pick wanting D&D to debate slavery was pure ownage lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

pick wanting D&D to debate slavery was pure ownage lol

you can't just say this and not post it lmao

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

pick is one of the ones i'm pretty sure isn't putting on a persona and is actually insane

which may or may not own depending on one's point of view

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
i touched the poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

oxsnard posted:

i touched the poop

i'm so tempted but no good can come of it