Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I guess it’s not surprising it says “don’t walk on the fish”.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Randaconda posted:

I dunno what that is :ohdear:

Constance is a big badger in Redwall, and she murders rats and stoats and ferrets like it's her job (which it kind of is). She's mean and badass and one of the coolest characters in a cool book series.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

I suffer bad with hay fever so I detest summer with a passion. Autumn and spring are the only good seasons.

Same but ragweed hay fever so gently caress fall too.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jaguars! posted:

My favorite "NZ was a complete fucken backwater" facts:

• First Colour TV: 1974
  • First TV, period: 1960
  • An SA goon had a party line in 2013

we still have a party line at our bach

we also had a black and white tv when I was a kid, but that was more because my parents were povvo than because I'm super old. The first time I watched star wars it was in black and white. We also didn't get a microwave until I was like school age. I was born in 88.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the only thing I remember about redwall is the four page long descriptions of food

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

The rights to Five Nights at Freddy's could not have possibly been all that expensive.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

This looks great.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

hawowanlawow posted:

the only thing I remember about redwall is the four page long descriptions of food

there's only two kinds of genre fiction: the kind with gently caress breaks, and the kind with food breaks

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"One Night at Willy's"

Cage is the poster boy of "Hollywood person who is bad with money"

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Doc Hawkins posted:

there's only two kinds of genre fiction: the kind with gently caress breaks, and the kind with food breaks

Might I recommend George "Rail Road" Martin's masterwork, 'A Song of Ice and Fire'? It has both.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My preferred genre is just food followed by loving followed by more food

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Splicer posted:

My preferred genre is just food followed by loving followed by more food

Quarantine has been pretty good to me too

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Scratch Monkey posted:

"One Night at Willy's"

Cage is the poster boy of "Hollywood person who is bad with money"

contraband dinosaur skulls don't come cheap, friend

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"there were red currant cakes and black currant cakes and red currant jam etc etc"

me, an American child: "must be some kinda rat food"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Unkempt posted:

Might I recommend George "Rail Road" Martin's masterwork, 'A Song of Ice and Fire'? It has both.

Wait until 2136 if you want to read the finished series.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

bike tory posted:

we also had a black and white tv when I was a kid, but that was more because my parents were povvo than because I'm super old. The first time I watched star wars it was in black and white. We also didn't get a microwave until I was like school age. I was born in 88.

This reminds me of a story I read on the Trademe boards. In the late 1990s, the guy writing it was visited by his neighbour, a woman in her 80s, who asked him to fix her TV. He went over to find the TV in question was a Phillips K7 dating from the commonwealth games (NZ introduced colour TV specifically for the event). The lady said that it wasn't playing the right show so he clicked it over to channel 2. She'd never once changed the channel since she'd bought it!

I guess I should post funny picture, this is all I have at the moment

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

bike tory posted:

Remember when Channel 4 first came out?

Our TV only had three channel buttons so we had to go to my nans house, with the flash four button TV, to see the magic fourth channel lol

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

luxury handset posted:

spring is awful in new england compared to the south

and then the pollen hits and spring in the south is awful too

fall kicks rear end in the north though, in the south it's just maybe summer maybe winter are the leaves turning? no now it's just kinda cold and all the plants are brown

To be accurate for the north it needs to be summer and winter teaming up to kick the poo poo out of fall while spring smothers it with a pollen-stuffed pillow. Every season here except fall sucks rear end.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

The translation is very literally "Don't walk on fish."

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

hawowanlawow posted:

"there were red currant cakes and black currant cakes and red currant jam etc etc"

me, an American child: "must be some kinda rat food"

Yeah, I had no idea a "currant" was a kind of berry for a looooooong time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

d3lness posted:

Seems like pretty good advice :shrug:

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Rozzbot posted:

Our TV only had three channel buttons so we had to go to my nans house, with the flash four button TV, to see the magic fourth channel lol

Similar, our TV had four channel buttons, but I remember 1,2 and 3 being pretty much worn away, while the 4 was glowing and white and unused, which made Channel4 somehow more magical. 'Network7' was great, but I still don't understand or see the point of NFL.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is their version of the circle with a line through it this angry, red, accusatory finger? A no smoking sign would show someone with a cigarette in their mouth and the giant crimson finger of judgement pointing at them?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Where in Russia do you expect to find a no smoking sign?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Underwater, but it’d just be a frustrated frowny face.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

hawowanlawow posted:

I love that scene because it's clear that Brian Jacques just wants to show off how much he loves food. There's no point to it, and it happens so early that it doesn't interrupt anything. It's just, "Hey gang. You know what's fuckin' great? Baked goods."

I recently reread Redwall for my daughter so it's fresh in my mind.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Railing Kill posted:

I recently reread Redwall for my daughter so it's fresh in my mind.

My brain will always retain the phrase "Deeper 'n ever turnip 'n tater 'n beetroot pie".

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Literally Esoteric posted:

My brain will always retain the phrase "Deeper 'n ever turnip 'n tater 'n beetroot pie".

The best. Loved all the red wall books

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Spider-Man is a dickhole.
https://twitter.com/TheoShantonas/status/1277990210425552896?s=20

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

hawowanlawow posted:

Same but also the weird race realist one where they raise a weasel from birth and it betrays them because that is its nature.

Like I get that that might be literally true for animals but uhhhhh

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Chitin posted:

Same but also the weird race realist one where they raise a weasel from birth and it betrays them because that is its nature.

Like I get that that might be literally true for animals but uhhhhh

Ive never read any of that, but it's been talked about before. Isn't that a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy since they continually talk how much weasels suck, and are all thieves, and just keep making GBS threads on the weasel?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

d3lness posted:

Please comrade, no fish walking

A nuclear reactor?

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Jul 2, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah, I had no idea a "currant" was a kind of berry for a looooooong time.

Seems like you're knowledge was not... Up to date

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Doesn't have to be smoking, it could be anything. No littering, no entry, no homosexuality.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

First off, no T-34s, so this is automatically invalid. Also, I think only 7-8 (depending on what the M8 is, not familiar with it) of those vehicles are actually tanks; the rest are regular ol' AFVs :colbert:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jaguars! posted:

I guess I should post funny picture, this is all I have at the moment

So Zack Parsons is into astrology now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CommissarMega posted:

First off, no T-34s, so this is automatically invalid. Also, I think only 7-8 (depending on what the M8 is, not familiar with it) of those vehicles are actually tanks; the rest are regular ol' AFVs :colbert:

It’s all U.S. stuff. Only 5 are actually tanks: the M3A3, M26, and the three M4 variants. M10 and M18 are tank destroyers, M7 and M8 are self-propelled artillery, the “M3 MGMC” is an AA vehicle, LVT(A)4 is an amphibious tank, LVT-3 is an amphibious landing craft. :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Rozzbot posted:

lol yeah and it was meant to be ~teen content~ like Beavis and Butthead and Daria and poo poo

btw there seem to be a lotta kiwi goons itt so if you haven't yet hit up the new discord if you haven't yet