Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Sitting down at the bar and ordering a pint of ale and a pint of hot Stouffer's macaroni and cheese. What a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hope none of ya are in Florida. 9000 cases in one day. gOD BLESS THE AMERICAS :911:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

prayer group posted:

Sitting down at the bar and ordering a pint of ale and a pint of hot Stouffer's macaroni and cheese. What a dream.

It'll be cheaper by the pitcher.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
By the way, in Illinois it's still illegal for me to sit down and order a pitcher by myself, which is dumb and bullshit.

Also, remember pitchers?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

do they do growler fills tho?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hope none of ya are in Florida. 9000 cases in one day. gOD BLESS THE AMERICAS :911:

Yeah they had to re-close bars because people wouldn't stop being idiots. TBH they shouldn't have reopened the state at all.

So yeah I bought some beer today after work because of that and a poo poo day. gently caress everyone in this state.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

prayer group posted:

i believe the appropriate glassware is a 20oz dimpled stein

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Drinking some OEC Coolship Lager.

It’s quite nice. Very refreshing. I was expecting more funk since OEC but I’m pleasantly surprised.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah they had to re-close bars because people wouldn't stop being idiots. TBH they shouldn't have reopened the state at all.

So yeah I bought some beer today after work because of that and a poo poo day. gently caress everyone in this state.

California is supposed to be the smart Liberal Communist Hellhole and they went from full lockdown to "fuckit pretty much everything but concerts is open" in like a week and it's been predictably poo poo. Counting the days until our second wave shutdown, but at least the Governor ordered masks again after a bunch of CHUD counties immediately removed the requirement.

I bought a bunch of Boulevard beer this week for a podcast which isn't something I normally do so we'll see how that goes, gang.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

air- posted:

Aw I won't be doing much drinking in July anyway, no biggie~

Anyway :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/stouffers/status/1276493262489038848

I hope it actually has that tap handle IRL

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

MunchE posted:

California is supposed to be the smart Liberal Communist Hellhole and they went from full lockdown to "fuckit pretty much everything but concerts is open" in like a week and it's been predictably poo poo. Counting the days until our second wave shutdown, but at least the Governor ordered masks again after a bunch of CHUD counties immediately removed the requirement.

I bought a bunch of Boulevard beer this week for a podcast which isn't something I normally do so we'll see how that goes, gang.

Illinois elected a billionaire as governor and... he's good? Extremely well handled, at least compared to the inept states.

Boulevard still rules. Was in KCMO for a wedding in the fall and made a trip to their beer hall and everything was great. I very rarely buy their packaged goods but that's more out of a desire to buy local breweries.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

MunchE posted:

my friend owns a brewery in Miami and they made a post yesterday about returning to to-go only. can't say i was surprised!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

funkybottoms posted:

my friend owns a brewery in Miami and they made a post yesterday about returning to to-go only. can't say i was surprised!

There's a few breweries in LA County (where the largest portion of the new CA cases are at) that are opening in the next week and just today posted their "social distancing setup".

I fully expect them to be closed before the 4th. As a state CA may not close, but I think LA County is headed that way again.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Basically this, I'm not surprised, though I would have rather Desantis mandate masks than close all places with revenue over 50% coming from on site alcohol consumption. I'm wondering if this second wave of tap room closings will be a death sentence for some of the smaller places.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I hate how breweries weren't given an exception in the TX closure... the lovely tourist bars around here were ignoring the rules, but I've ordered online and picked up at several breweries - every brewery made a huge effort in taking precautions VERY seriously

My buddy told me about his experience with doing a reservation at Oddwood's patio a few weeks ago, where they even went as far as requiring customers order food/drinks through Toast, in other words there's zero interaction with any brewery employees.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

My buddy told me about his experience with doing a reservation at Oddwood's patio a few weeks ago, where they even went as far as requiring customers order food/drinks through Toast, in other words there's zero interaction with any brewery employees.

so i guess there's a window/station where their orders are set and they go get them? we've got hosts and servers bring out the orders, but Toast takes care of the rest

still not letting anyone inside except to use the restroom (masks required) and we're lucky to have enough outdoor space to spread the tables out and still do good business

air-
Sep 24, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

so i guess there's a window/station where their orders are set and they go get them? we've got hosts and servers bring out the orders, but Toast takes care of the rest

still not letting anyone inside except to use the restroom (masks required) and we're lucky to have enough outdoor space to spread the tables out and still do good business

Servers drop off orders on a empty stool by every table, here's their protocol when they were open: https://www.oddwoodales.com/covid-19-info

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

funkybottoms posted:

[quote="funkybottoms" post="506077678"]

You guys have been handling this very well in relation to distancing. I’ve stopped by a couple times recently and I’ve been impressed. I was almost surprised by the lack of contact. Plus, it seems like you guys have had reservations filling tables non-stop. I was also impressed with how thoroughly the tables are wiped down after uses.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

trauma llama posted:

You guys have been handling this very well in relation to distancing. I’ve stopped by a couple times recently and I’ve been impressed. I was almost surprised by the lack of contact. Plus, it seems like you guys have had reservations filling tables non-stop. I was also impressed with how thoroughly the tables are wiped down after uses.

that's great to hear; taproom business has been robust and the food is actually good, so if we don't get a resurgence of cases and all this beer we've brewed over the last few weeks can go into kegs instead of cans, well, i'll be feeling optimistic about something for the first time in a while.

also, i keep meaning to catch up with you, but i am obviously bad at communication. if you're not up for drinking a beer next to someone not of your household, i won't be offended, but let me know the next time you're stopping by so i can at least wave and hook you up with some beer!

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

air- posted:

I hate how breweries weren't given an exception in the TX closure... the lovely tourist bars around here were ignoring the rules, but I've ordered online and picked up at several breweries - every brewery made a huge effort in taking precautions VERY seriously

A couple of breweries here are doing that, one is going as far as only serving beer in bottles/cans (but having taproom exclusives). All of the places that have opened in Minneapolis/St.Paul proper are taking it SUPER seriously but rural MN and the suburbs are a very different situation. No masks, no distancing, etc. :smith:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Kinslahger Cherry Dunkel goddam slays. The cherries are subtle but definitely present. This feels darker and bigger than it is, but still chuggable. Going to go great with this chicken adobo.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ill open when i want for whatever i want!

*goes to 7-11 buys a buncha O.Es 40s*

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
In Burlington VT, at Vermont Pub And Brewery. Dogbite Bitter tastes exactly how Sir Edmund Healy's in Charlotte smells. It's delightful.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So I've actually never had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale before. I plan to rectify that tonight.

It's often shown being drank in films, is it known as a commercial beer in America???

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's the dadliest craft beer, so yeah

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dell_Zincht posted:

So I've actually never had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale before. I plan to rectify that tonight.

It's often shown being drank in films, is it known as a commercial beer in America???

I wouldn’t call it “commercial” but kind of like Sam Adams in the sense that it’s pretty ubiquitous. You can find it in just about every package store, even the little corner ones where it and Sam are the only “craft” offerings.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

Very well known, they have one of the widest distros for a craft brewery, it's at least 35-40 states I believe?

e: every state
https://sierranevada.com/faq/where-are-sierra-nevadas-beers-distributed/

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s also consistently delicious, so enjoy!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
They also currently have their six packs in its retro original packaging.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Never got to try that triple hopped Bitburger collab lager and that sounded really good too...

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is great if you can get it fresh, and pretty good even with some age on it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, sam adams Oktoberfest is great. Sam Adams aint so bad either

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Agreed. I wasn’t knocking Sammy A, just saying you can get it anywhere.

I drink Boston Lager all the time. It’s the best beer to pair with a steak imo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I had Boston lager for the first time in a while a few weeks ago and it hasn't aged well to me. But I do love them for getting me into beer all those years ago.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

True true. This just got me wondering if they have the biggest difference in ABV for a brewery between their highest and lowest ABV beer.

Then I remembered snake venom exists. :barf:

I know that's fortified so it shouldn't count but ugh why

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

True true. This just got me wondering if they have the biggest difference in ABV for a brewery between their highest and lowest ABV beer.

Brewdog.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I only drink iced brewed beers

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Yeah, has to be.

0.5% to 41%

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

air- posted:

Never got to try that triple hopped Bitburger collab lager and that sounded really good too...

It's pretty good, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one. IMO the Bitburger Oktoberfest collab was way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://twitter.com/OffcolorBrewing/status/1278482854859718661?s=19

Off Color not loving around.

That said, there's literally no reason to do this since it amounts to drinking beers at home.