Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
michelob ultras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

we made blts since we had some actually decent tomatoes

i went hog wild and made mine a double decker

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
gthat sounds good., but i had steak fajitas for dinner, which was also good, so i'm not jealous

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Flunky posted:

we made blts since we had some actually decent tomatoes

i went hog wild and made mine a double decker

truly a god-tier sandwich when you use backyard/farmers market tomatoes

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I had some really nice bacon the other day and made a BLT, but the tomato was lacking. Still nice though, but that's a good tip for next time

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

I grilled a burger but it was okay. The cheese is weird tasting. I hope i dont get sick.

Oxnards, Only you can see this message; it is hidden from everyone else thanks to some hacks I learned back at the academy. I just wanted to say that things got heated in the other thread and we said some things; i think i can we can move past this after I tongue kiss you in the mouth. check y/n plz

yes [ ]
no [ ]

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
baba booey baba booey

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i might post my lunch here tomorrow if i remember

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dustcat posted:

i might post my lunch here tomorrow if i remember

:pray: you remember

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Tomato soup. I have a basil plant so I added some to the soup

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

brownies. pan should be gone tomorrow

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kolby posted:

can you guys just stop? you have no redeeming value. thank you

-kolby

Well, ok I guess

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

Well, ok I guess

Kolby is a huge -, ah, well, right, C-SPAM. He uh, shares a lot of traits with the president of the united states.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Arrhythmia posted:

Kolby is a huge -, ah, well, right, C-SPAM. He uh, shares a lot of traits with the president of the united states.

being mean to kolby in the colby clubhouse, how rude

twoday
May 4, 2005

I made another BLT, with a better tomato, which was nice. But I stacked it wrong, I had bacon on the bottom, then lettuce, then tomato, but the tomato soaked into the upper bread and it didn’t soak all the way through but definitely made it soggy at least halfway in. I did it in BLT order so what’s the problem here?? Should it be BTL???

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

been thinking about this soup way too long and really do want to give it a try whenever possible

https://www.thegundruk.com/aalo-tama-soup/

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

proper BLT:

lightly toasted sandwich bread
bacon
mayo
tomato (and salt and pepper)
lettuce
lightly toasted sandwich bread

lettuce on the bottom so it's not unruly, then tomato with the mayo spread onto it (the tomato juice+mayo mix is primo), then bacon on top of that to protect the top toast from the juicy tomato a bit

also if you use a great tomato, it's going to drip juice and sopping it up with the bread as you eat is just part of the whole thing

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 2, 2020

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

to buffer the tomato juice i like a very light mayo on both slices of bread and shredding the lettuce thinly so you can spread it into two protective layers above and below the tomato without ruining the whole thing by having too many greens. assuming you have plenty of good tomato to make up the bulk of the sandwich since that's the only important thing in the whole deal anyway

or just do whatever works with the quality of ingredients you have to work with, but i'm strongly against soggy bread and sandwiches that dont stay together in your hands the entire meal

how do you folks like your blt bacon? floppy, lightly crispy, turned to bacon bits? i get decent thick cut stuff but keep it more on the lightly crispy side, and dont use too much of it

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
straight roasted a chicken last night, so lunch today was a shitload of chicken in a sub with cheese melted over the top.

Is this the right forum for this or should it be in GWS?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Flunky posted:

to buffer the tomato juice i like a very light mayo on both slices of bread and shredding the lettuce thinly so you can spread it into two protective layers above and below the tomato without ruining the whole thing by having too many greens. assuming you have plenty of good tomato to make up the bulk of the sandwich since that's the only important thing in the whole deal anyway

or just do whatever works with the quality of ingredients you have to work with, but i'm strongly against soggy bread and sandwiches that dont stay together in your hands the entire meal

how do you folks like your blt bacon? floppy, lightly crispy, turned to bacon bits? i get decent thick cut stuff but keep it more on the lightly crispy side, and dont use too much of it

I prefer crisp but not so much that it shatters, cause then it falls out of your sandwich in little pieces. I overcooked the bacon in my club sandwich the other day and it did this :(

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I made breakfast burritos with carne adovada, hash browns, eggs, and green chile.

They were very satisfying. Slow cooking pork butt in red chile sauce is good stuff.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
tromf

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Professor of Cats posted:

I grilled a burger but it was okay. The cheese is weird tasting. I hope i dont get sick.

Oxnards, Only you can see this message; it is hidden from everyone else thanks to some hacks I learned back at the academy. I just wanted to say that things got heated in the other thread and we said some things; i think i can we can move past this after I tongue kiss you in the mouth. check y/n plz

yes [ ]
no [ ]

hmm i may consider but could you tell your friends to work on deleting like YLLS instead of CSPAM

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

oxsnard posted:

hmm i may consider but could you tell your friends to work on deleting like YLLS instead of CSPAM

Listen, I'll try my best but no promises. But if a) ylls is deleted or b) after a certain amount of time passes and cspam isn't deleted, we KISS. Ball busting in the meantime is fine though.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i remembered to post my lunch

it is parmesan crusted chicken thighs with potato salad, and a green salad of bibb lettuce, spinach, sorrel, and mini beet greens with tomatoes and caesar dressing

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dustcat posted:

it is parmesan crusted chicken thighs with potato salad, and a green salad of bibb lettuce, spinach, sorrel, and mini beet greens with tomatoes and caesar dressing

looks like a very good lunch. the salad especially is making me jelly

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Looks tasty

I want to make lentil burgers today but my shoulder hurts and I might just order a pizza instead :(

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
im glad this thread is still going. there will be peace in our time

ps kolby is russian intelligence

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made chicken katsu curry

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

whats in the curry?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

made last night: roast chicken, mushroom leak and chive sauce over trader joes grain medley and barley with sour cream

oxsnard fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 2, 2020

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

oxsnard posted:

made last night: roast chicken, mushroom leak and chive sauce over trader joes grain medley and barley with sour cream

Imho need some red there ox, but that recipe looks interesting, suggestions for subbing the chicken? Tofu is the main goto, but that's boring.
Maybe jackfruit with a splash of curry...

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

deets please

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Dustcat posted:

nice looking lunch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Dustcat posted:

oxsnard posted:

Hell yes.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also if you look carefully at the top of the photo, behind the monitor, under the viewsonic logo, you will see a paw

if you squeeze that paw, this kitten comes out from underneath the monitor to stare at you and possibly chomp at your fingers and/or the bottom of the monitor

twoday
May 4, 2005

I had too many apples so I skinned them and chopped them up and boiled them with a stick of cinnamon and mashed them into applesauce

now I am eating the applesauce

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dustcat posted:

also if you look carefully at the top of the photo, behind the monitor, under the viewsonic logo, you will see a paw

if you squeeze that paw, this kitten comes out from underneath the monitor to stare at you and possibly chomp at your fingers and/or the bottom of the monitor

:kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

twoday posted:

I had too many apples so I skinned them and chopped them up and boiled them with a stick of cinnamon and mashed them into applesauce

now I am eating the applesauce

i loving love apples. phenomenal food all around. but I cannot eat applesauce due to a minor childhood trauma. glad you can though