Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whos worse
george bush jr
trump
obama
View Results

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

bush may have choked on a pretzel but imagine if he choked on the GODAMN CHEETO IN THE WHITE. HOUSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
sorry but bush did Iraq and Afghanistan and the patriot act and DHS. And 9/11.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
if you answer is Trump what are you even doing in cspam.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

i say swears online posted:

best prez since carter

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also it's bush in a loving landslide, loving zoomers itt

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bush jr is ez mode. change thread title to obama or trump to weed out the succ

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
forget the massive, horrific military and security state excesses,

bush was way worse than anyone is giving him credit for because of his absolute transformation of the political system

chief among this is the curse that keeps on cursing and will likely lead to the end of american democracy (lol): unitary executive theory

this is the dude that felt powerful enough to put a signing statement on a supreme court decision against torture

the bush presidency was transformative for executive power in a way that likely surpasses lincoln and roosevelt, except bush's hasn't been clawed back yet and likely will never be

and it bugs the poo poo out of me that bush gets a pass on "social issues" because we know that society hasn't collapsed, yet, and the whole "gays" thing worked out so let's all forget that this dude was dead serious about passing a constitutional amendment against gay marriage

now let's get back to those horrific security state excesses: we have a torture island. and gina loving haspel is now the director of the cia

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There’s never been a more saliently homophobic presidential campaign than bush-cheney '04. Different times sure but they went over the top and put gay hatred at the top of the agenda.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

GalacticAcid posted:

There’s never been a more saliently homophobic presidential campaign than bush-cheney '04. Different times sure but they went over the top and put gay hatred at the top of the agenda.

That is before polls moved in the other direction and gay marriage wasn't a big deal. The Democrats generally followed along during that era.

As for total murdered, it is TBD, but I would say Trump is probably up to 500k by now. The Iraq war was at least a million, but Trump can maybe count on the second/third waves to get him the crown.

I do think the Trump depression is going to blow 08-09 out of the water, it is looking like a tidal wave.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Trump did almost get us into a war with Iran. Yes, I know it was probably DoD ghouls taking advantage of him being a moron, but still that does have to count for something imo

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

the reopening has nothing to do with parties, it’s their behind the curtain rich donors who are calculating mortality vs GDP and hope no one notices

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Trump did almost get us into a war with Iran. Yes, I know it was probably DoD ghouls taking advantage of him being a moron, but still that does have to count for something imo

From a Vox article about the Bolton book:

quote:

Key in that passage is “as long as the current regime remained.” Before reentering government, Bolton consistently said he wanted regime change in Iran, and it appeared he held on to that belief as national security adviser. If Trump didn’t have some innate inclination to sign a new accord with Tehran, Bolton’s sentiments may have carried more weight.

Which may help explain why he was so angry Trump didn’t attack Iran last summer after the regime shot down a US surveillance drone. Trump at the last minute called off planned strikes on Iranian sites because he felt it wasn’t “proportionate.”

“‘Too many body bags,’ said Trump,” according to Bolton, “which he was not willing to risk for an unmanned drone — ‘Not proportionate,’ he said again.” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Bolton tried to change Trump’s mind to no avail.

Bolton clearly is still furious. “In my government experience, this was the most irrational thing I ever witnessed any President do,” he wrote. “Trump had behaved bizarrely.”

Let that sink in for a moment. The most irrational thing Bolton says he ever saw a president do wasn’t, for example, invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction it didn’t have (Bolton was in the State Department at the time as the undersecretary of arms control and international security). No, he saves that designation for Trump’s decision not to put Iranian lives in danger over a downed pilotless aircraft.

Trump de-escalated over their objections.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
when i was a little kid i sat down in front of the tv and i saw the bombs falling on bagdad, and george w bush....it was crazy.... like all the texts of marx and a centruy and a half of philosphy and anti-capitalist sentiment just started pouring in through my eyes and i had a convulsion on the floor and started bringin noam chomsky to my 3rd grade classroom and poo poo

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

comedyblissoption posted:

bush jr is ez mode. change thread title to obama or trump to weed out the succ

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

LastInLine posted:

From a Vox article about the Bolton book:

Trump de-escalated over their objections.

Going to be honest I had forgotten about that. Killing that Iranian general I don't want to google the spelling of still was really bad and it could have easily lead to a lot of people being killed, though I would not be surprised if Trump was the one who lead the deescalation based off of that. He does seem to realize that war is bad, on some level, so that is good

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Donald Trump is worse than George W. Bush

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

THE VIRGIN TRUMP
- Historically low approval rating
- Almost all of the damage he's done is actually just from continuing policies of the Chad Dubya and the Brad Obama
- Insecure, lashes out at anyone who doesn't stroke his ego enough
- Ever-shifting cabinet of incompetent sycophants
- Can't even assert himself by embarrassing the US because our global standing was already destroyed by Dubya
- Elites don't take him seriously because he's from Queens

𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂℍ𝔸𝔻 𝔻𝕌𝔹𝕐𝔸
- Dictator-level high approval rating after a disaster he caused
- Invented kids in cages, destroyed American institutions so Trump could step on the rubble
- Confident, doesn't understand enough to know anyone doesn't like him
- Rock-solid cabinet ruthlessly efficient at spreading terror in a bloody swath across the globe
- Can't be killed by any pretzel
- Scion of an American dynasty

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

No way it hasn't been pointed out already but W. did what he could to make his office seem dignified, legitimate, and dressed up his actions in the decorum that has always just been a facade for monstrosity...

He did endeavor to make the president to seem llike something other than a warlord. His admin took some care to pay lipservice to democracy in a way that allowed him to cheat while still joining the dems in not saying the quiet parts loudly.

Trump has never really worked inside that framework. He's behaved in such a way that has more or less permanently damaged the optics about what the United States really is, in an age where those optics probably needed to be maintained to whatever degree possible.

I think it's a good thing, like that facade needed to come down before anything good can ever happen again, but it's really regrettable it had to happen like this.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Anyway bush 1 is the best because he assassinated a president, and Trump is the worst because he tried distracting from that by accusing ted Cruz's dad of doing it

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
*joins the counterstrike 1.6 surf server*
BUSH SUX LOL

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Anyway bush 1 is the best because he assassinated a president

but reagan lived??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Algund Eenboom posted:

wrong, idiot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
bush 2. I’ll hang up and listen

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

doesn’t matter they both suck rear end

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

baby rear end sadlibs screaming cheeto man bad while gw laffs

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
OP basically set up a giant bug zapper for all of C-SPAM and the brain-poisoned liberals just keep pirouetting into it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if u picked Trump ur a fuckin dumbbell and nobody likes a dumbbell

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Prince Myshkin posted:

OP basically set up a giant bug zapper for all of C-SPAM and the brain-poisoned liberals just keep pirouetting into it.

Either position is super defensible imo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

shovelbum posted:

Either position is super defensible imo.

yeah if you're a racist and don't value Iraqi and Afghani lives

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

indigi posted:

yeah if you're a racist and don't value Iraqi and Afghani lives

the millions dead are certainly a factor but that's just as much America's fault as it is Bush's

I think I was 14 when 9/11 happened and it was obvious to me that we were going to war and it really didn't matter to anyone who it was with at that point. Not that I supported it even then but there was no other way it could have gone in 2001-2003.

meanwhile there's a dang CHEETO in the white house

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

BeefThief posted:

the millions dead are certainly a factor but that's just as much America's fault as it is Bush's

I think I was 14 when 9/11 happened

Yeah, it shows.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wrongo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Algund Eenboom posted:

your an idiot

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Stringent posted:

Yeah, it shows.

sorry you are dumber than 14 year old me i guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BeefThief posted:

sorry you are dumber than 14 year old me i guess

:ironicat:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Are you seriously arguing that a war to topple Saddam Hussein would have occurred in reaction to 9/11 if Bush hadn't been President?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

he is.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Stringent posted:

Are you seriously arguing that a war to topple Saddam Hussein would have occurred in reaction to 9/11 if Bush hadn't been President?

No but there definitely was going to be war somewhere. You think Al Gore would have stood up to the forces of the MIC? I'm also not saying the wars were a good thing in any way, just that it was pretty much inevitable.

e: this precludes the fact the bush did 9/11, so maybe if Al Gore were president it wouldn't have even happened. All other things held constant though there was gonna be war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Trump managed to do it.