Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've been several episodes behind and probably not going to listen to the LMM ep but holy poo poo was the porky pig bit good.

That whole episode (514) owned tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The LMM ep is good, everyone needs to stop being whiny little pissbabies

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah why can't people just put aside their moral disgust at a neoliberal vampire actively destroying a territory of the united states to laugh at his ha ha funny jokes

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Alaois posted:

yeah why can't people just put aside their moral disgust at a neoliberal vampire actively destroying a territory of the united states to laugh at his ha ha funny jokes

But he wrote a rap about how slave owners were good!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
gently caress. now if i dont like the episode im a piss baby. like that one person said up there. Right into their trap

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Once they get into the question Lin barely gets a word in edgewise so it’s almost like he’s not there

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

sexpig by night posted:

plus as much as Lin is a vampire sucking PR dry and a generally dogshit rapper tailor made to be 'the guy who brought rap to broadway audiences' he is a charming guy.

this is the correct take. I hate his guts because of what I know about him but it’s not like the segment he’s on is unlistenable

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Most entertainment celebrities are charismatic, that's how they become celebrities. But like anyone worth over a million dollars, you have to slash and burn your way in front of other candidates. So it should come as no surprise that a lot of them are a tiiiiny bit sociopathic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If a fart so much as breaks the seal of your clenched buttcheeks by even a millimeter, your entire intestinal system will be decompressed right out your rear end in a top hat. But yes the force of that happening would be counteracted by an equal but opposite force pushing you forward. Hope it was worth it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If a fart so much as breaks the seal of your clenched buttcheeks by even a millimeter, your entire intestinal system will be decompressed right out your rear end in a top hat. But yes the force of that happening would be counteracted by an equal but opposite force pushing you forward. Hope it was worth it.

I mean, I think we're assuming you're inside your spacecraft in zero G.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, I think we're assuming you're inside your spacecraft in zero G.

Same answer. If you fart someone will crack a window

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Finally caught up with Adventure Zone after fallible off around episode 11 (partly because I didn't have 2 hours of commute each day) and wow, it's so much more interesting when things actually happen.

Edit: and the LMM episode of MBMBaM was good.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

yuuup

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It would be great if the world were that black-and-white. (Well it's McElroy related, so white and white.)

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Zutaten posted:

I know, at this point, I'm not supposed to be frustrated when they blatantly play d&d wrong, and normally I'm not too annoyed, but Clint is being purposefully hamstrung by Travis not understanding how sneak attack works in general and especially for a Swashbuckler.

I finally caught up and it was painful to hear Clint literally step through the rules of sneak attack to verify that he got the bonus damage and have Travis go "yeah and he can't see you so you're good"

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

im loving these radical gamer facts

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

this is the best mbmbam in a long time

edit: ahhhh poo poo, hes just started doing the munch quad theme. oh well, it was good while it lasted

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 3, 2020

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Initially I agreed with the folks saying Griffin was coming on too strong with his annoyance at Travis but then when he got right up on the mic and hosed up his sound quality in protest of the bit and Justin started guffawing like he does it came back around to being funny again :)

I also would have liked to hear more of the boy’s musical theater memories but Mario death match talk was funny too. Mario must get home and the pipe is inside of you.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This munch squad was actually a good one. Short and sweet and good contributions from the other brothers rather than just Justin reading ad copy incredulously.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ve seen roughly 3000 commercials for shaqaroni since Monday

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

worst munch squad this year was probably the toasted cheddar chalupa from one of the live shows where there was just 2 minutes of no laughter as justin read ad copy trying to find something funny (and also it wasn't even an interesting food item, like a 2 on a scale of 10 of Weird Taco Bell Things)

he probably should at least read them ahead of time before it goes live instead of googling "fast food" into google news 30 seconds before he JUT JUTTA JUTTA DAJUT

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

I am definitely in the realms of 'hating on Travis is now getting awkward and a bit much' I'm afraid

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

From the fans or from the other brothers?

I sent an email to mbmbam with subject line: Travis and Body: Thank you for Travis

So hopefully that makes him feel better

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

From the fans or from the other brothers?

I sent an email to mbmbam with subject line: Travis and Body: Thank you for Travis

So hopefully that makes him feel better

From the other brothers. Yeah I get it's exaggerated and a bit but I kind of rely on MBMBAM as one of the few podcasts which has a nice atmosphere and it's a bit jarring to be taken into 'oh no, this is sad bullying??' territory

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Griffin just needs to ease off a bit. He can absolutely dunk on Trav, but god he gets lovely about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can kinda understand where it comes from, if you're having a hard time, seeing someone be kinda aggressively happy like Travis can be at times can really piss you off.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Griffin can dunk on him, he just needs to at least make it funny. What he’s been doing makes the show worse than Travis’ segments. They should honestly cut those parts out of the show if he’s actually getting mad about Travis’ forced happiness.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Griffin can dunk on him, he just needs to at least make it funny. What he’s been doing makes the show worse than Travis’ segments. They should honestly cut those parts out of the show if he’s actually getting mad about Travis’ forced happiness.

Ironically, I find that when the brothers complain about a bit/intro/episode not being funny, it makes the show much less enjoyable to listen to than the supposedly unfunny part.

But then, I'm OK listening to the show when it's not a laugh-a-minute riot and just taking in, as Curious Symptoms says, the "nice atmosphere" of the three brothers goofing around with each other, sounding like they're having a pleasant time even if the jokes don't always land. But that gets undercut when I'm reminded that they're extremely self-conscious about being entertaining and at least one them is actually getting upset about it.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

misadventurous posted:

John Hodgman was on a couple times and he was a delight

John Hodgman is a professional podcast guest who does side gigs so he has something to promote. It's stranger when he has a miss.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Honestly I dunno what you folks are talking about with this one, the Play Along at Home segment was great. Griffin was obviously exaggerating his reaction to it, and it made for a great contrast to Justin actually engaging with the bit for once (in between fits of laughter at Griffin.) I had to pause the podcast because Griffin’s delivery of “like a dead body... made me laugh so hard that I missed the next part.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I know it's a bit of an over-running gag and all but the idea Griffin's anger at the bits is 'real' is kinda wild. Like, I don't think Travis is literally doing a reoccurring goof he knows his brother genuinely is angry about him doing while Justin gleefully laughs along.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Yeah, that's fair. I was listening to that particular episode at like 2 AM so that probably didn't help.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
actually scratch that it's really funny to imagine that Griffin is genuinely deeply upset by this bit and Travis continues to do it near every week, while Justin laughs and mocks his brother's discomfort.

"Trav I gotta say, for real, between recordings, I hate that bit you did, it made me actually upset,"

"Haha awesome I'm gonna do it every week."

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Of course I know it's performed and exaggerated - so was The Office. I didn't like The Office either.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
gently caress all this, here's an animatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvJ3SqMyeaI

yibbahuhyibbidaibbaAHAHHAHAH

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
They’ve said before that the taking Travis down a peg is all preventative and prophylactic. It’s like taking baby aspirin daily to reduce risk of heart issues.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

gently caress all this, here's an animatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvJ3SqMyeaI

yibbahuhyibbidaibbaAHAHHAHAH

jesus christ

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

misadventurous posted:

this is the correct take. I hate his guts because of what I know about him but it’s not like the segment he’s on is unlistenable
ok but the first thing is more important than the second. I don't like that the bros associate with someone like him

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

That’s fair. I don’t know the extent to which his meddling in Puerto Rico is public, and it seems like he plays nice/dumb about it enough to keep it buried. Most people I know who like him as an actor/celeb aren’t remotely aware of the PR stuff. It’s frustrating. Kind of the same reason Hamilton sucks: it has this veneer of being progressive and kind of benign at worst, but think about it for more than two seconds and it’s obvious how hosed up it is as a contributor to the awful American civic religion

Honestly, before I knew about Miranda and his dad being colossal monsters I was just frustrated with the brothers for having the awful taste to enjoy Hamilton lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This latest episode dunking on Travis felt very much exaggerated like a bit. In earlier episodes they'll be very dismissive him in a way that feels too real but now it's clearly A Bit between Travis and Griffin and Travis is obviously egging him on.