Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Also, yes, being Jewish has been relevant several times throughout history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
E: nevermind, I am very slow.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sagebrush posted:

Well it's more that being the prophet and spiritual leader and emancipator of your people comes with a lot of responsibilities but that's the gist of it yeah.

Yeah, you're probably right. He was kinda a failson prince-wise.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is a rubber raft with a canvas top. You have invented an extremely terrible houseboat.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Supposes

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ok i'm imaging myself camping on the river in my raft-tent. it's the middle of the night and i wake up and need to pee, so i just step outsi

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
BUGS! JUST SO MANY BUGS EVERYWHERE!!!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anybody else think the people most likely to drop $1,500 on a tent-boat are gonna be the least prepared campers in the world? They are going to look at that picture of a tent floating in the middle of a calm river and think it is somehow safer than land camping, completely unready for the additional challenges of sleeping in a dingy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Given the complete lack of any not-enclosed area on that raft, I foresee the first person trying it to just gas themselves with a portable stove on the first night.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Looks like a life boat, so if you get spotted you may be visited by a SAR unit asking some very pointed questions. :v:

Also ^^^^just wait until they try to have a campfire

Edit: ^^^ :argh:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Forgot to put the buttplug in my tent, now I'm trapped inside a sinking tent.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/vwlM9Gj.mp4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ah man, it almost loops

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Bears can swim. Doesn't matter. Your floating tent is merely a FLOATING DEATH POD.
Until it sinks, then its a SINKING DEATH COCOON.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:thunk: seems like a cool place to just hang out and take some video

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

"How does it feel to be poor, motherfucker!"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:thunk: seems like a cool place to just hang out and take some video

That cop is trying to shoot it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Baba Oh Really posted:

"How does it feel to be poor, motherfucker!"

i think the joke is the slow one is the more technologically superior chair

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

"What's the worst thing that can happen? I'm gonna break my spine?"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

that raft is a stupid viral post that get put up on twitter every 3 months so everyone can dunk on it gets to feel smart pointing out how dumb it is and mashable or nowthis or whomever gets a ton of engagement

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jabor posted:

Given the complete lack of any not-enclosed area on that raft, I foresee the first person trying it to just gas themselves with a portable stove on the first night.

You can't have your kayak and heat it too.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

RedSnapper posted:

That kind of thinking may have led him to a life in a chair in the first place.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/l8rx3RN.gifv

Trams never don't have right of way, for a good reason.

My tramwich!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Free Market Mambo posted:

You can't have your kayak and heat it too.

:getout:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

What is that thing that appears to be ejected from the tornado near the end?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

You mean the out-of-focus raindrop on the filming vehicle's windscreen?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

new twister sequel looking good

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

RedSnapper posted:

I heard about a paraplegic saying that after converting their motorcycle to hand controls.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
From another thread

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A White Guy posted:

The only tent that will survive decent winds is staked down. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was watching some old dipshit boomer run after his tent as it flew through the Anza-Borrego desert, after telling me: "Oh, it's all good, my stuff will hold it down". Poor dumb rear end in a top hat chased that loving thing for like three miles before it finally got stuck on some rocks and a bunch of octillos. It was completely shredded by that point, so he had to walk back to camp with a bundle of rags and sleep outside, on a tarp, in the desert.

And that was only the start of two week trip :getin:

We were driving back to California after settling my grandmother's estate, so late summer of 1982. We'd just turned south after driving through the Heartland; "amber waves of grain" are all very nice in song, but 100 miles between tree or hill made for a less than scenic landscape.

As I recall we ended up at a campsite somewhere South of Pueblo, Colorado. That's high desert if you haven't been through it. More gravel than sand, more hill than flat, and more brush than trees - and not a lot of either. Forbidding country, and I call it that having been through the Black Hills. The Black Hills in North Dakota is a downright spooky region, it's an old and inimical land.

South of Pueblo you don't don't get the same sense of nature brooding in ancient silence. What you do get is a very real hostility to all the works of man. In our case, a simple two person tent. The permanent structures in the campsite were your usual windblown, run down structures needing more care and paint than they were ever going to get. The classic early 80s, Triple-A rated - and not very highly - campground.

The permanent fixtures wee there to stay, weatherbeaten and dust blasted as they were. We were just two travelers trying to get a night's sleep in our tent.

Didn't happen. Didn't remotely happen.

I'll swear on a stack of anything you care to name, that the big wind came down from the mountains that night with a purpose, and that was to flatten the one human structure it could. the one we thought we were going to sleep in.

Oh, we got our heads down and eyes closed. But the wind started howling like I've never heard, a hurricane included. A hurricane is just passing through, this wind was after us specifically. It knocked the tent down and we put it back up. Five times. Somewhere in the small hours of the morning we gave up and got a couple of hours sleep in the collapsed tent.

Shortly after dawn we threw everything in the truck and drove an hour before stopping for coffee. In almost forty years since I've never had nature be that specifically hostile, and I don't think mom has either.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

wesleywillis posted:

Bears can swim. Doesn't matter. Your floating tent is merely a FLOATING DEATH POD.
Until it sinks, then its a SINKING DEATH COCOON.

Bold of you to assume I want to live.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress me, massive landslide at a jade mine in Myanmar. At least 150 dead and hundreds more missing. The conditions in these places are already bad enough.

Going to link this one instead of embedding it even though it's a video from a long way away and doesn't show details.

:nms:

https://twitter.com/davepetley/status/1278799993181278210

:nms:

This isn't embedded for me on either windows/chrome or the Awful App on Android but let me know if it's embedding for other people and I'll edit it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Watch this one where no one died and you’ll get an idea of what the jade mine video looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa3nFLZIvbU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Watch this one where no one died and you’ll get an idea of what the jade mine video looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa3nFLZIvbU

It also gives you a goo idea of what the Black Sea deluge hypothesis would have looked like!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
This totally safe looking thing is available on Wish!!

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

dog nougat posted:

This totally safe looking thing is available on Wish!!

I'm losing money not buying this

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

CarForumPoster posted:

I'm losing money not buying this

Lose money without it, lose fingat with it, up to you!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The price is a huge warning sign, but other than that it doesn't look much more dangerous than a regular circle saw?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

For $6, I would assume the actual product is just a blade (or the whole thing is a scam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

BMan posted:

For $6, I would assume the actual product is just a blade (or the whole thing is a scam)

Most of the cost of a product on wish is the shipping. That thing looks like the dremel saw max which I've used a couple of times. It's fine for an overpriced little saw thing that doesn't cut that deep so you're probably better off buying an actual skilsaw.