Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why spend all that time to dig ore in order to smelt it into ingots in order to forge them into chains in order to bind Asherah?

Instead, let's just eat Asherah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Catpetter1981 posted:

Why spend all that time to dig ore in order to smelt it into ingots in order to forge them into chains in order to bind Asherah?

Gonna need a fork

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

JT Jag posted:

they meant for us to bind the hunger forever by, like, staying celibate and poo poo

but what if we literally chained asherah to the bottom of the ocean forever

This is the real reason Ish taught us how to move water, we are meant to part the sea like black Moses.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

EmpyreanFlux posted:

So create the platonic ideal of a binding material?

I'm now devoting all of my voting to the invention of duct tape

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
We need to make Blooded Duct Tape, must invent and then break the very will of duct tape.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
1 C
2 GGGGG
3 AH
4 B
5 G
6 - Nothing from me

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Lmao. A guy doesn't like us, obviously he has been corrupted by foreigners abloobloobloo

Boba Pearl posted:

We need to make Blooded Duct Tape, must invent and then break the very will of duct tape.

Good post, good plan :hai:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's not that the chains are breaking on asherah. The padlock on the end is the old annoying kind with a bunch of spinny number wheels and asherah has been patiently brute forcing it with every combination from 00000000000000000000 to 99999999999999999999. If we can replicate it and add our new alphabet, we can swap 'em out and save everyone a lot of grief.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, a 64-disc tower of Hanoi is approaching completion.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Sneak into Gershom's house in the middle of night and shoot him in the head with a blooded bronze arrow.

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 2, 2020

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Cornuto posted:

Sneak into Gershom's house in the middle of night and shoot him in the head with a blooded bronze arrow.

Yeah! How dare he think that we're a bad guy!

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

I dunno maybe we should just leave Glockenspiel alone?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

TacoNight posted:

Yeah! How dare he think that we're a bad guy!

Lmfao

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Brain Candy posted:

I dunno maybe we should just leave Glockenspiel alone?

No way I'm leaving a guy alone who is only giving us the respect due an uncle instead of genuflecting before us like the golden god we are.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We got enough hate from the old men of Zepath, now some young upstart is going to start hating on us too.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Catpetter1981 posted:

I have to say I admire your consistency. It's nice seeing Hunger Team win new adepts even this late.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:

Mr. Nemo posted:

I have to say I admire your consistency. It's nice seeing Hunger Team win new adepts even this late.

Is that not just one of Slaans alts?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Commission an adventurous Blooded (but expendable) inhabitant of Kavodel to retrace Gerbok's path to see if the Cyclops exists. We can reward them with a suit of fancy armour or membership of the Balls.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Plan SniperWoreConverse

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Theglavwen posted:

Every weapon we make is a weapon that's intended to make things we kill be dead. That we don't know how to do that is exactly the problem.

Ashera's stuff comes back to unlife. Fishmen, Shushem, rotting amorphous globs of flesh with ten million eyes and mouths

I wanna make one that will kill for real, so this can't happen.

Hexenritter posted:

Honestly I feel like the "kill it deader than dead" property we're seeking is currently far beyond us and will be some much later-game El-tier blessing or bestowal rather than something we discover we can do, but all we can do is strive to perfect our art, which we're doing.

edit: ^^^^ oh my
    i think we have the start of it in the form of:
  • somewhat understanding the will of bronze for real now
  • a baby idea of the "lineage of arts" -- we have a seed of great works in us because of Labaras, not merely being able to make poo poo like Amok or Amos made one day when we're older
  • Ganal-Garal's connection to gatekeeper / guardian / father of urchins / reef / paradise / Har / the righteous dead
  • It's good and a route to powerful things to reforge something detestable into something righteous, and some of those are urchins, and it would be right to close the circle and use one against Asherah
  • Things like searchens and other monstrosities are "made" out of non-repugnant things in the first place by Asherah in some way
  • Rudimentary apprehension of how bad stuff if is made like the ridiculous powders and items Shushem beat us into rote knowledge of, but also seeing so many hosed up jars full of human eyes and poo poo. Getting electrocuted by a sword.
  • Experiencing weird feels and presences of strange weapons and hosed up monsters for a century or w/e.
  • It's not even a thing to be MEGADEATH but more that it can pierce the perverse machinery of unlife (as well as chopping off a deadly huge crab arm or w/e like a powerful spear must be able to do)
i think if we focus very hard on turning these things over in our memory we can produce this thing over a number of years. Plus Danal swore to El to liberate Athar, saved Ruth & Bagar, and tried to 1v1 Shushem -- as a kid. This is the man who needs this thing. Like, we were practically born for something like this. Our whole life experience has led up to being able to begin to make something for this purpose.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ShotgunWillie posted:

I have no alts, only adherents

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Seriously Danal, this is the exact reason you don't raise a Gazorpazorp, have you learned nothing from Rick and Morty?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

ShotgunWillie posted:

Between Slaan and I you think we'd have enough accounts to actually eat someone.

The last victory for team hunger was calling the lightning, unless you count eating a rock.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Plus we're well equipped in other ways to make this thing. The hundreds of zealot fighters & smiths & heroes & artisans at our beck who are entirely willing to help in any possible way. And our money and merchant connections to find weird doodads we might need. And all the people willing to do baseline stuff like build walls or whatever so that we can physically get the correct kind of detestable thing into the forge without risking it eating our town. And the hammer. And snarls who can help smell for the right thing.

This isn't something to pierce the sky or destroy death itself or anything. All this hosed up poo poo is a disgustingly modified version of normal stuff, which was made by an evil process. A process that can be disrupted. I think the blooded arts are pretty much having a more nuanced understanding of how things actually work, and correctly reworking them in accordance with the will of El. I think we can do this if we really focus on it and look at it from every possible angle.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Have we asked Gimli if he’d like to go hunting with just us and have a chat? I would think if your honored uncle asks you to accompany him you’d have to go?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

TK-42-1 posted:

Have we asked Gimli if he’d like to go hunting with just us and have a chat? I would think if your honored uncle asks you to accompany him you’d have to go?

Perfect plan! Then we just have to claim that Gloin was eaten by goblins!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ashera's stuff comes back to unlife. Fishmen, Shushem, rotting amorphous globs of flesh with ten million eyes and mouths

I wanna make one that will kill for real, so this can't happen.

Mercy pasting your enemies into unrecognizable goo is the correct way to avoid undead problems in the future.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah but some of them are literally formed of goo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This goo needs more mercy!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

pumpinglemma posted:

Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, a 64-disc tower of Hanoi is approaching completion.

:golfclap:

Gonna just assume that Gershwin is a regular turd of a dude we have to worry about in a century.

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. G
2. BDFFG
3. H, and if possible I'd like to try and get a lot of it to nearby cities we think likely to be attacked the upcoming Jubilee
4. B
5. G

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Just let Gertrude go. He's second in command of the Shafts and a ZMM in all but name at this point it seems, he's got better things to do with his time than go hunting with a relative he doesn't like who is imposing on his time. That's a great way to get him to dislike us even more. If he thinks Danal should be king, well, he can take that up with Danal (who very much does not want to be king).

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Keep pounding them and make them into Balls.

Fishballs.

Or light Mercy on fire and pound them with that. Everything's better when it's on fire.

Edit - Take Gebeb out hunting and trip him into the Orm hole.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

We need to throw him in the lake

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
To all the naysayers saying a slice of life is of empty of impact, if Diog is telling the truth about this game (and there is no reason to suspect otherwise) being primarily sim then things don't revolve around Enkidel, events happen regardless of us and the world evolves on it's own. This includes things Gershom coming back with a mysterious blooded bronze suit of armor and a story full of pigshit, things that could impact the GZMA.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

EmpyreanFlux posted:

To all the naysayers saying a slice of life is of empty of impact, if Diog is telling the truth about this game (and there is no reason to suspect otherwise) being primarily sim then things don't revolve around Enkidel, events happen regardless of us and the world evolves on it's own. This includes things Gershom coming back with a mysterious blooded bronze suit of armor and a story full of pigshit, things that could impact the GZMA.

Yeah. I know it's hard, but it's important to bear in mind that the world does not revolve around us, no matter what our Well tells us.
Stuff can and does happen independent of us.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The world doesnt revolve around us, but plenty of incredibly powerful beings have us as a major component of various plans and probability trees (if nothing else than as a potential spoiler)

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Team hunger should be voting for plan Sniperworeconverse because the best weapon to permanently neutralize enemies would be the Celaphot claw spear(which eats them.) Then, when we finally fall to hunger, we can eat the spear for a spam-like condensed meal of everything the spear’s eaten!

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Team El should be voting for plan Sniperworeconverse because it’s the best way to kill demons, especially “invulnerable to normal weapons” demons, and there’s nothing more pleasing to El than killing demons.

Team Adventure should be voting for it because if and when we go out again, if we hit a greater demon, it’s game over without something that can damage it.

Team SimKavodel should be voting for it because it’s the best way to protect Kavodel and stay in Kavodel, especially the “arming other people to do the dirty work” part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Yeah, agreed.

Plan SniperWoreConverse instead