Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmug
May 20, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

We Are All Gonna Get Evicted, Go Bankrupt, And Then Die is probably just too depressing of a thread title for GBS

haha have you heard who's president? just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

renaissance fairs just went full plague cosplay i guess

e:

https://www.amazon.com/PartyCostume-Plague-Steampunk-Halloween-Costume/dp/B07CG2VH6N
gotta love this in the product description-
【ODOR 】 When you open the package for the first time, you will smell something.

e2: and this

welcome to 2020

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 2, 2020

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

schmug posted:

Turns out people are gross af.

*Old lady fondles every tomato in the tray until the finds the correct one*

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

schmug posted:

Does this mean I can stop washing and sanitizing my hands constantly as well? I put it more into that category than the actual whether or not there is food born transmissions going on.

Please keep washing your hands, your dick isn't as clean as you think it is.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

schmug posted:

Does this mean I can stop washing and sanitizing my hands constantly as well? I put it more into that category than the actual whether or not there is food born transmissions going on.

I go the grocery every two weeks or so and the last time I was there I literally saw a cashier blow her nose, stuff the kleenex back into her pocket, and then continue to ring up the person in front of me without even sanitizing her hands first. I dunno, but I just feel better wiping poo poo down when I get home. At the very least I feel it mitigates the chances of transfer no matter how small.

gently caress. I may keep doing it after all this poo poo is over. Just look around you the next time you're in a store. Turns out people are gross af.

Yeah, I was thinking about how the bathrooms are right next to open bins of produce. How many people were washing hands before? I should have been washing my fruit and veggies better for a long time.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

Please keep washing your hands, your dick isn't as clean as you think it is.

mom?

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

zer0spunk posted:

i mean if anecdotal is your problem, which your sarcasm seems to point to, maybe do some research on transmission rates from surfaces like the goon i was quoting suggested.

or be defensive about your routines like the last time i mentioned with people getting more and more aggressive about how i must be infected and wrong lmao

do you bud

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7190947/

You should read it.

There is a cool tables of lifetimes on surfaces that makes me want brass doorknobs and copper counters!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7190947/table/T1/?report=objectonly

Transmission is certainly possible on a variety of surfaces, including the surfaces of some packaging and is still possible on vegetables.

Not nearly as likely as some chud sneezing around you, not by a long shot, but if you are immune compromised and/or are living in a hot spot taking other precautions of course, wash vegetables like you normally would and wash hands after handling objects that could carry the virus..

Guy Axlerod posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about how the bathrooms are right next to open bins of produce. How many people were washing hands before? I should have been washing my fruit and veggies better for a long time.

In that table linked above there are interesting numbers for survival and transmission possibilities for various poop. TLDR; keep washing your hands and produce..

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

unpacked robinhood posted:

Florida looks ripe

:lol:

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

zer0spunk posted:

I hate to ruin your fun but America is a pretty large import/export country, not to mention the world's largest economy,

We're also about to see what lack of American tourism does to global economies as the first step, wanna guess how that's going to go?

you shouldn't be rooting for any country to fail unless you're myopic as gently caress or just incredibly petty (why not both?)
American tourism has like no impact on our economy, what are you talking about.

Actually even if you guys manage to ruin the whole world, it’s still gonna be hilarious. It is, really. And I say that as someone who actually got hosed by Americans burning down their country. Most likely we will be fine. If not, then there will be a sweet little period where I am gonna enjoy you guys loving the entire planet and yourself first, because of pettiness and stupidity. The more your actions gently caress over people in sane countries, the more you deserve it.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
lack of tourism hurts economies, i'm not going to debate at what length based on each country and the amount of revenue they gain from it, i know you know tourism is a factor

the rest of your posts are just weird bloodlust grudges soooo, cool? enjoy laughing at death, maybe try therapy someday

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

if you're outside and more than 6ft away from people, can you take off your mask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv9JQ0iPfgE&t=11s

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cool fart cloud

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Saved the last 85 posts for later reading. But has anyone said anything about us being out of the cool zone yet? I miss it already. According to Big Don we only have like 11% UE.

*storms out of thread*

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1278707327554781184

not great

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100k a day is a low end estimate, Christ.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Hell has apparently frozen over. The governor of Texas just issued a mask order.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Hell has apparently frozen over. The governor of Texas just issued a mask order.

not doing it months ago earned him rightful scorn, and now the conservative anti-mask base are gunna drag him

sucks to be him

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 2, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
yikeseroo, a 2 act play

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1278444266881273856

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1278735184893009921

e: for context he went to that trump tulsa rally and didn't wear a mask apparently or distance, 2 weeks ago

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 2, 2020

simble
May 11, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

not doing it months ago earned him rightful scorn, and now the conservative anti-mask base are gunna drag him

sucks to be him

"I've stoop up for you many times..."

Poor taste, Carol.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

schmug posted:

yes determining whether or not someone who is making GBS threads their guts out bought bagged lettuce is exactly the same as contact tracing a highly communicable virus.

Whether you're at the doctor because you have food poisoning or you have covid, once that is determined the doctor will collect some info or refer you to the health department to give information, which will include things like what you've eaten where for food poisoning, and the health department proceeds from there. They're building all new infrastructure to trace the human to human spread of coronavirus, but the infrastructure to trace the food you ate and correlate your info with other people with food poisoning to determine what you had in common already exists and has trained staff and procedures in place to perform such an investigation. On the health department side following up this angle is, in fact, almost exactly the same.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s crazy that we are deep into this and cleaning supplies are so hard to find. I was just in target and they were completely cleaned out except for the organic bullshit.

Couldn’t find a drat thing with beach.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

That's a hell of a sign in that last image. :stare:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MarcusSA posted:

It’s crazy that we are deep into this and cleaning supplies are so hard to find. I was just in target and they were completely cleaned out except for the organic bullshit.

Couldn’t find a drat thing with beach.

Where do you live? I'm in Ohio and went to Aldi today and got what I wanted, but there was a one per limit on a lot of stuff, and overpriced hand santitizer (i'll never know how to spell it right and am resigned to this fate). I got a super super quad roll that is 72 rolls in 14 or something for 10bux, cool, I guess. Also, never trust a flyer or ad for a grocer they are either, sold out, have it priced above the ad and say gently caress you when you ask about it, or say 'due to food shortages we can't honor this sale price. I just go in blind now, cool like that.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

My bowl really needs a good clean in some rubbing alcohol and sea salt, but I'm making the sacrifice of not buying the stuff because people need it for better reasons right now

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

My bowl really needs a good clean in some rubbing alcohol and sea salt, but I'm making the sacrifice of not buying the stuff because people need it for better reasons right now

just hold it under the hottest tap water you can rustle with chopsticks for ten minutes

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Doggles posted:

All hail the corona, lets us serve the corona, and spread its good news

schmug
May 20, 2007

Doggles posted:

i have to imagine the irony is lost on her

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My work place closed for 3 days last week because we found out we all got exposed to someone at work. It had happened 11 days before so they had everyone quarantine for 3 more days so it would be 2 weeks from exposure. My work has a program where you apply for covid related time off for up to 2 weeks so i used a couple of days of that for the days i was scheduled to work. I am planning on moving later this year and i may have to quarantine before I can start work at the new place so i hope i don't use up more of my covid time.
We had a stern talking to from our manager about how if we go out and socialize we are putting not just ourselves but also the people we work with at risk. I feel bad because i did meet someone new and hang out with him a few times in the last few weeks. I had already decided to stop seeing him but it really drove home that i wasn't taking things as seriously as i should. I heard everything is shutting down again in California for the next few weeks. I'm getting pretty tired of staying home and playing video games but I guess it's just not safe to go out.

schmug
May 20, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

i read that as bowel and it was a lot more interesting

schmug
May 20, 2007

especially after the chopsticks quote

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

schmug posted:

especially after the chopsticks quote

haha yeah squirting saucy spaghetti noodles shooting them everywhere

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

My other home state/region is starting direct flights from Italy next week, and this time they will not be Russian passengers because the Russian border is closed indefinately for civilians. This will surely go well in a country that has its new cases in low twos, most days in ones, and not here, or any other Eastern regions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

looking at 10 COVID-19 patients who were <18 years old, they had 43 close contacts, and none of them became ill, whereas 8.3% (55/566) of the close contacts of the 221 patients who were ≥18 years old became ill.

So it’s probably true that children leas readily transmit the virus, but at those numbers, it could easily be a fluke that no cases were found.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Where do you live? I'm in Ohio and went to Aldi today and got what I wanted, but there was a one per limit on a lot of stuff, and overpriced hand santitizer (i'll never know how to spell it right and am resigned to this fate). I got a super super quad roll that is 72 rolls in 14 or something for 10bux, cool, I guess. Also, never trust a flyer or ad for a grocer they are either, sold out, have it priced above the ad and say gently caress you when you ask about it, or say 'due to food shortages we can't honor this sale price. I just go in blind now, cool like that.

I’m in LA. Target and the Ralph’s were completely sold out of anything worth a poo poo (the organic stuff was there and 4x the price).

I went to the 99 cent store and they have a cleaner with bleach but quite frankly it smells like poo poo.

I wish I had an Aldi closer or I’d have tried them.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

icu bed availability in OC is now at 36% and we're starting to get cases from riverside and stuff that are having to be turned away

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

boar guy posted:

icu bed availability in OC is now at 36% and we're starting to get cases from riverside and stuff that are having to be turned away

I’m sure LA isn’t doing much better.

Progress!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Flatten the curve” was such a poisonous meme.

This disease fills hospitals even when a tiny proportion of the population is infected. Between that, the nearly a month of lag time between any action and people showing up at—and especially leaving the hospitals (in a wheelchair or a body bag)—and immunity potentially waning after months, it’s not a great strategy even divorced of the human cost.

It turns out that it’s totally possible to drive Rt below unity and hold it there long enough to bring the case counts to manageable level. Every other developed nation did this.

The U.S. declared victory after briefly seeing the curve go flat, and they are paying for this mistake on a scale not seen since the Second World War.

I can’t blame this all on the idea of “flattening the curve”, but it sure didn’t help to set that as a goal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well the protests didn’t help either let’s be honest.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

zer0spunk posted:

sucks to be him

remember the alamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Haramstufe Rot posted:

American tourism has like no impact on our economy, what are you talking about.

Actually even if you guys manage to ruin the whole world, it’s still gonna be hilarious. It is, really. And I say that as someone who actually got hosed by Americans burning down their country. Most likely we will be fine. If not, then there will be a sweet little period where I am gonna enjoy you guys loving the entire planet and yourself first, because of pettiness and stupidity. The more your actions gently caress over people in sane countries, the more you deserve it.

I'm sorry, but

You really hold all 330 million Americans responsible for this poo poo? You think we're literally all the same? It's super lovely (and almost kinda racist?) to imagine us all as fat white Trump-loving dummies and hate us all accordingly. A lot of the people you're gleefully wishing misery and death on are poor people, queer people, people of color, people who realize our system sucks and are trying to change it right this minute, and so on and so on.

Like, sure, Death to America and all that, but just...I'm asking you to remember you're talking about actual individual human beings and when America dies it won't be just the bad Americans who are going to suffer and die with it.