Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

DAMMIT KRAGGER! :argh:

I should have learned not to talk about not being sure whether to buy a game or not in this thread lest someone gifts it to me.

Thanks a lot, mate. :D

Welp, see you in 100 hours. Although 15-20 of those hours were spent in the (quite large) DLC areas for me. I enjoyed the hell out of the game, but for the last third I was using Cheat Engine to raise the speed to 5X to cut down running/sailing times between story points.

Fargin Icehole posted:

I dunno. I spent 58 hours doing the assassin's Creed Odyssey storyline and I wanted to get it over with.

I spent about 160 hours in Witcher 3 and I'm afraid if I continue the last bit of blood & wine, the story will be over.

Plus I rocked the bear armor, with a handle bar mustache and long hair, like revolver ocelot nearly at all times. Witcher 3 best game

Posts like this are troubling. I have some great new games I need to play, but Witcher 3 has been calling my name again (I already 100% the game and DLC) since the Netflix series hit. My broken as hell brain tells me "You have a nice new video card and CPU now. Just give it a quick launch and see how it looks. Just fire up New Game + for a minute. It'll be quick I promise..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

GhostDog posted:

Rename Current to _Current.

.... You. You are the smartest person in the thread. Thanks.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Veotax posted:

Because there is way too much of it and it just intrudes on the game some times. Villain from a previous game calls you out for a boss fight? gently caress you, he's in a tank!

I loved doing the challenge maps in the previous games. At launch there were like four combat maps, four stealth maps and fifteen Batmobile maps.

I haven’t played enough of the game to notice anything about its overall content.

However, it is extremely funny that everyone suddenly has a tank and it makes me smile. I also appreciate that the batmobile has a strafing mode that makes it highly nimble.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Help me thread. I need a category name for my steam library for all these card games, but the catch is it can't start with C. I want all of my categories to start under my Current one.
Paper Crack, like actual TCG's.
Wizard Poker, like Yu-Gi-Oh

Ty for the link btw!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

StrixNebulosa posted:

.... You. You are the smartest person in the thread. Thanks.

Rename Current to Active

Or Aactive

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I refunded a game for $12 what should i get with that? Not interested in card or puzzle games right now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Kly posted:

I refunded a game for $12 what should i get with that? Not interested in card or puzzle games right now.

What kind of games DO you like? And do you have Invisible Inc?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kly posted:

hollow knight

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Kly posted:

A medium sized pizza.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
two artifact drafts

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

What kind of games DO you like? And do you have Invisible Inc?

I like most types of games. Not puzzle games cause i suck at them and im not into vns. I like deck builder games but am burned out for now. Im currently playing mass effect 1 for the first time, star traders, battletech and that islanders game for 5 or 10 minutes before bed. I just gave up on xcom 2 after 250 hours and still getting my poo poo kicked in on the 2nd highest difficulty.

I played and loved invisible inc. I do like metroidvanias but not looking for one right now. Something good for shorter play sessions would be good, something easy to jump in and out of for 30 or 60 minutes

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Det_no posted:

A medium sized pizza.

I refunded to my steam wallet

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

15 copies of both Bad Rats and Bad Rats Show.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Holy smokes I decided to install this eight year old Sonic And All Star Racing Transformed game because, I think Sonic is funny and this title is terrible and I like kart racers so whatever.

First of all: I haven't played a Mario Kart since... Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS, and this game is so much better. Also, it's like eight years old and there are multiplayer races going on. I haven't had to wait for any full match. This is awesome.

I suck at it but this is awesome. This game has a ludicrous amount of poo poo going on in it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Kly posted:

I like most types of games. Not puzzle games cause i suck at them and im not into vns. I like deck builder games but am burned out for now. Im currently playing mass effect 1 for the first time, star traders, battletech and that islanders game for 5 or 10 minutes before bed. I just gave up on xcom 2 after 250 hours and still getting my poo poo kicked in on the 2nd highest difficulty.

I played and loved invisible inc. I do like metroidvanias but not looking for one right now. Something good for shorter play sessions would be good, something easy to jump in and out of for 30 or 60 minutes

Alder's Blood it's stealth creepy xcom
Battle Brothers it's german low fantasy xcom
EDF 4.1 is cheap and really really good if you like a casual hoard shooter
Gemcraft Frostborn Wrath - absolutely amazing evolution of the earlier Gemcrafts and my current fave TD
Gujian 3 Chinese Witcher 3 action game, very pretty
Hellsinker - hard confusing complex shmup that I think everyone should experience
In Other Waters - I kickstarted this I should play it. Explore an alien ocean
Neo ATLAS 1469 - weird Japanese trading sim/visual novel/define the world's map, feels like edutainment?
A Player's Heart - gay
Ritual of the Moon - you play this once per day for 5 minutes and meditate and do a few puzzle things and make choices
Umineko - half of a long visual novel. Solve a murder mystery!
Forager - relaxing clicker/idle game with a lot of crafting
Heart of the House double plus gay
Intergalactic Fishing - weird chill indie fishing game. the No Man's Sky of fishing games
Strain Tactics - if Doorkickers were actually good and about fighting aliens

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

credburn posted:

Holy smokes I decided to install this eight year old Sonic And All Star Racing Transformed game because, I think Sonic is funny and this title is terrible and I like kart racers so whatever.

First of all: I haven't played a Mario Kart since... Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS, and this game is so much better. Also, it's like eight years old and there are multiplayer races going on. I haven't had to wait for any full match. This is awesome.

I suck at it but this is awesome. This game has a ludicrous amount of poo poo going on in it.

it's one of the best racing games I've ever played

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay I have a better grasp on Cepheus Protocol now. Here is my less frustrated take on it:

It's an RTS about retaking an island from zombies, played out in terms of you capturing zones (which give you income) and enduring hoards. You build bases, move between spots, and manage your troops' ammo. Unfortunately in its current state it's lacking a lot of polish and features - see that Year One roadmap image - and it has a weird design thing about how long it takes a squad of units to move between one zone and another. Like, I was waiting around in the tutorial for a minute for my troops to get to the point, and then it wanted me to come all the way back and I'm talking to the devs about that in the discord because it's a very weird choice. Or how the intro video is a nonstop man talking to you and there's SO much information in it that I was and am overwhelmed by it.

That said, I was beginning to really get into it just now? Juggling ammo drops (which cost money) against my troops needing to keep shooting against building walls around my base - those are fun questions, and I like watching my dudes shoot things.

So ultimately I'll put more time into it, but I can't recommend it yet. Better than how I was last night, but it's still not ready for the lime light, imho.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is a loving blast, and the soundtrack is a banger too.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So what happens if you refund a game you bought during the sale and got the $5 discount?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
They come for your kneecaps

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Either that or they reverse the whole transaction

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Intergalactic Fishing - weird chill indie fishing game. the No Man's Sky of fishing games

Woah, cool. I mean, it looks like rear end but this is totally my jam. Gonna make a new category in steam, FISH GAMES and put it besides Subnautica and Megaquarium.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Posts like this are troubling. I have some great new games I need to play, but Witcher 3 has been calling my name again (I already 100% the game and DLC) since the Netflix series hit. My broken as hell brain tells me "You have a nice new video card and CPU now. Just give it a quick launch and see how it looks. Just fire up New Game + for a minute. It'll be quick I promise..."

Yeah, this is where I'm at too. 100%ed TW3 & DLC 3 years ago with Ghost Mode and am now in the midst of setting it up all over again with W3EE. My broke brain logic is that I promised myself I would play it again when I upgraded to a 21:9 monitor even though it makes no sense to take a break from AC Origins with TW3 of all games. Especially when I have all these other games to play. I should be playing Outward if I want this style of game anyway.

Speaking of, Outward DLC write up by their CEO: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/07/02/looking-inward-on-outwards-the-soroboreans-dlc/

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

credburn posted:

There was a really active goon group racing against each other years ago. It was an absolute blast.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ragequit posted:

There was a really active goon group racing against each other years ago. It was an absolute blast.

I'm P sure I was in that. Great times with that game irregardless. IMO only Mario Kart 8 Deluxe managed to reclaim the Kart Racer crown.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Attack on Titan 2 not being sale AGAIN is genuinely pissing me off.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I have to spend more than $30 in one purchase in order to get the $5 right? Buying 2 $20 games separately will not get me the $5 credit?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

buglord posted:

I have to spend more than $30 in one purchase in order to get the $5 right? Buying 2 $20 games separately will not get me the $5 credit?

Yep

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

It's time to solve crime: Mahjongg Investigations: Under Suspicion is 2.50$ and it's all about using the power of regular matching tiles mahjong to solve crime. Hell yeah.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
At last, I got my refund for AC3. :toot: gently caress you, Ubisoft.

Now what should I spend my 12 bux on...

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's time to solve crime: Mahjongg Investigations: Under Suspicion is 2.50$ and it's all about using the power of regular matching tiles mahjong to solve crime. Hell yeah.

Hmmmmm!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

At last, I got my refund for AC3. :toot: gently caress you, Ubisoft.

Now what should I spend my 12 bux on...

Hmmmmm!

You investigate crime via Mahjong by matching tiles to get clues like "a glass eye was found at the scene" or "Tom Jones has brown hair". There's a lenient time limit as you go from scene to scene collecting clues and looking in your notebook to put together everything and finger the perp.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Breadallelogram posted:

it's one of the best racing games I've ever played

:same: Although, I think I dropped it after unlocking the post-game tracks, though I think it was because I was trying to clear space for other games at the time.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

So what happens if you refund a game you bought during the sale and got the $5 discount?

You get a proportionally reduced refund. I refunded something that was $20 and got like $17 back.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

In rear end Creed 2, are the pigeon assassination quests finite? Or are they radiant like Skyrim?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cartoon Man posted:

In rear end Creed 2, are the pigeon assassination quests finite? Or are they radiant like Skyrim?

Pretty sure they're finite. I remember clearing out areas of all activities when I played that game, but it's been many years.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Also throwing my hat in for loving the poo poo out of Sonic Racing Transformed. Too bad it sounds like the sequel was less than spectacular.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Did someone mention Delver earlier in this thread? Or was it Dwelvers? Or something? Delver looks cool but I can't find the post and I'd like to know opinions about it.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dweller is a short puzzle game that owns hard. Its also 60 cents

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Oooh no wonder. Well, not what I was looking for but it does look interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Send me a friend request and I'll gift it to you. Its 75 minutes long.