Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Jeez the citizens of Alcamoth sure seem to have a problem about dropping their treasured possessions on the ground...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I just got Dunban in my party officially. How long until I get Riki? I don't give a poo poo about anyone else, I just want him and I want that pineapple costume.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I just got Dunban in my party officially. How long until I get Riki? I don't give a poo poo about anyone else, I just want him and I want that pineapple costume.

A few hours, I forgot about the swamp, sorry.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 3, 2020

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Right after you exit Makna Forest I believe.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ether Mines to Makna Forest is "we're sorry about Sharla" apology tour

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ogmius815 posted:

Jeez the citizens of Alcamoth sure seem to have a problem about dropping their treasured possessions on the ground...

And not just in Alcamoth either, no wonder those two clowns ended up stuck on Valak Mountain.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Ogmius815 posted:

Their city is also about 3x bigger than it needs to be, considering how many of them there are. I've spent so much time running between them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The absolute funniest thing about Alcamoth was the first time I went there and went "Huh... so... every single side quest here is time limited, huh? That isn't suspicious at all."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I forced myself to finish Future Connected

Xenoblade 1 is my favorite JRPG of all time so the like absolute abyss of enjoyment as the DLC campaign made me really depressed. I hated just about everything about it and only enjoyed having a army of chicken nuggets follow me around.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I forced myself to finish Future Connected

Xenoblade 1 is my favorite JRPG of all time so the like absolute abyss of enjoyment as the DLC campaign made me really depressed. I hated just about everything about it and only enjoyed having a army of chicken nuggets follow me around.

You didn't even like the design of the zone?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

XB3 should just be Tactical Ponspector Action

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Taear posted:

You didn't even like the design of the zone?

I thought it was okay but a good part of the time I felt like I was just on the bionis field just rearranged a bit.

It's just man, the voice acting was all over the place- I feel like Adam only really did the quiet shulk voice and didn't have any range at all. Melia was understandable but still jarring and everyone else was just *bad*. Teelan and Kino especially.

The obviously evil guy sucked and was boring as poo poo in every scene he was in. I don't even remember his name, and the big bad of the DLC is a reskin of a Xenoblade 2 asset that doesn't get explained or covered and is just dropped in the ending.

Even the gameplay side sucked because without visions I felt like almost every encounter would be me stomping a monster, it suddenly pulling out "gently caress you IX" and wiping me, so on a replay I'd have to constantly spam shield to not die. Then the final boss topple'd me and I had to sit there for a good 2 minutes watching my characters get picked off one by one because nobody got up for a comically long period of time and just ugh

Did not enjoy it at all.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
They should add Nene and Kino into the main game so I can run a full Noppon party.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zarfol posted:

They should add Nene and Kino into the main game so I can run a full Noppon party.

At least make them available in challenge mode, since they're just Reyn and Sharla anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

What do y'all think is the best way to bridge the gap from low 90s to mid 90s in Xenoblade 1? There's very few sidequests left available that have targets I can actually take out, so I need to grind, but I don't know the best way to go about it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Tephra Cave is probably your best bet. It's nothing but level 90+ enemies past the corridor of bone.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Alxprit posted:

What do y'all think is the best way to bridge the gap from low 90s to mid 90s in Xenoblade 1? There's very few sidequests left available that have targets I can actually take out, so I need to grind, but I don't know the best way to go about it.

Turn on casual mode and defeat the high level monsters. You can easily take them down.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Alxprit posted:

Tephra cave near the Heavenly Window, don't fight the apes because they've got annoying spike abilities, but there's tonnes of quite weak spiders who'll get you to 95 without much bother.
I never went higher than that, there's not much need.

The other alternative is the enemies near Frontier village in makna - they look sorta like triceratops. And the Deinos Sauros near Frontier is mid 90s too and really close to a fast travel point so he's easy to kill over and over.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Alxprit posted:

Low 90’s is high enough to do Stupid AoE Chain Attack Tricks on the spiders in Tephra Cave. Just round them all up, start a chain attack, use aoe’s (Shulk/Reyn/Dunban in that order is good here, you can Monado cyclone Lariat and whatever dunbans amazing aoe is called that I’m forgetting the name of in order.) Once you have killed at least 3, you’ll have full party meter, end the chain and repeat until all monsters are dead.

(You get double xp/AP/sp from chain attack skills).

Link everyone rikis full xp when not in party skill and grats everyone is 99 now.

(Alternately, do what I did and farm the glory slobos Dudes on three sage mountain because you want breastplates/gauntlets for everyone and just be 99 by the time you’re done doing that)

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I had been using Shulk/Rikki/Dunban, but it seems like Shulk/Reyn/Dunban is just way, way better. Am I wrong? I do ridiculous damage and occasionally get really crazy chain attacks.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ogmius815 posted:

I had been using Shulk/Rikki/Dunban, but it seems like Shulk/Reyn/Dunban is just way, way better. Am I wrong? I do ridiculous damage and occasionally get really crazy chain attacks.

Riki/Dunban/Shulk is good if you're playing Riki. Then you can pile DoTs on a mob and use Say Sorry for huge damage.
If you're letting the AI play Riki they're going to do a poo poo job almost always.

Shulk isn't really a huge damage dealer though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've been using Shulk/Dunban/Reyn for topple locking. Shulk can start them off and then aid them with Cyclone and Shaker Edge later. Also every late-game enemy has spikes so he needs to help get them going with early Purges. I'm sure Melia would work just as well with the Starlight Kick combo, but it really depends on what you're looking for.

Oh yeah while I'm here, what skills would y'all recommend getting to level 12? The grinding for Noponstone is annoying so I'd like to simply pick a few that would be worthwhile.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

Shulk/Reyn/Dunban is the strongest party by a pretty large amount. They just do a ridiculous amount of damage due to their strength up and phys defense down buffs and they can topple lock really easily. Plenty of other parties are viable, of course, but that one is definitely the strongest.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If I can ever find a loving gentleclam I can finish obsessively doing side quests and then finish this thing. I'd give it a very strong meh. As much as I hate the nopon, I do like ponspector battle things. The result of them, I mean.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I swear Rainbow Slugs don't exist. I found one up on the Distant Figertip and then nothing. I found Ice Cabbages with no problem, though I haven't even gotten to the area with Black Liver Beans yet..

Really REALLY wish you could track Colony 6 materials the same way you can quest stuff!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I swear Rainbow Slugs don't exist. I found one up on the Distant Figertip and then nothing. I found Ice Cabbages with no problem, though I haven't even gotten to the area with Black Liver Beans yet..

Really REALLY wish you could track Colony 6 materials the same way you can quest stuff!

I found my solitary rainbow slug in the same place, so that may be one of its spawning areas?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

In theory they only spawn at night and one good spot for them is the digit where you've got to swim around to climb up a little ladder. (I say in theory because while it says this on the wiki we did get at least two in the day, so I think this may have been changed)

It's strange that they left in some rare collection items like Rainbow Slugs and the loving horrible black liver bean but most of them are a billion times easier to find.

The xenoblade wiki is really handy for helping you find the right spawn points for the collection items though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The strategy for collection is you have to save your game where they spawn, then load and wait an in-game hour before they respawn and take another look in their best area. The Distant Fingertip as noted before works well for this, even if you aren't high enough level for the unique up there it's easy to sneak behind it and grab the 3 or 4 orbs on the fall right behind it. The Black Liver Beans were way worse, and at least if you play your cards right you can get Ice Cabbage through trading from Yura at Valak before you send him to Colony 6. It pays to be lazy sometimes!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I keep hearing how Future Connected is disappointing. Is this accurate?

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

punk rebel ecks posted:

If what you want are more sidequests, Nopon shenanigans, and a more satisfying resolution to Melia's character arc, you'll enjoy it. Beyond that, there isn't really much to it, IMO. I'm glad I played it but I definitely felt a little let-down.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

The best summary is that it's exactly what everyone expected it to be, nothing more and nothing less. The combat is narrowed in scope but not really improved (apart from why-wasn't-this-in-the-base-game stuff like just giving you gems) and the story doesn't have anywhere obvious to go because the of how complete the original was.

Most Takahashi games rollercoaster between entertainment from being a great game and entertainment from being a bad game and this is just kind of neutral throughout with no surprises.

Also it is automatically the worst Xeno* game due to not having any giant robots.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Future Connected was the perfect length for a game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

GFBeach posted:

If what you want are more sidequests, Nopon shenanigans, and a more satisfying resolution to Melia's character arc, you'll enjoy it. Beyond that, there isn't really much to it, IMO. I'm glad I played it but I definitely felt a little let-down.

Microcline posted:

The best summary is that it's exactly what everyone expected it to be, nothing more and nothing less. The combat is narrowed in scope but not really improved (apart from why-wasn't-this-in-the-base-game stuff like just giving you gems) and the story doesn't have anywhere obvious to go because the of how complete the original was.

Most Takahashi games rollercoaster between entertainment from being a great game and entertainment from being a bad game and this is just kind of neutral throughout with no surprises.

Also it is automatically the worst Xeno* game due to not having any giant robots.

I see thank you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I know it's mostly :effort: but I can't believe they didn't fix sharla, and ontop of that gave you sharla 2 via Kino with the exact same problems.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know it's mostly :effort: but I can't believe they didn't fix sharla, and ontop of that gave you sharla 2 via Kino with the exact same problems.

I can kind of get it.

Sharla isn't quite an easy fix without making her comically broken. They could fix her Talent Art but any fix is going to be a gigantic boost in her overall power short of just removing it which would be a boost but would still leave her as the worst character in the game because she has no talent art and terrible chain attack potential. However people still use her because Party Needs A Healer and Sharla is the only character in the game who fits the healer archetype. So when they decided what to bring into FP they did Reyn (because he's the most straightforward tank) and Sharla (because no other healers exist) so that someone couldn't get into the post-game and find themselves without a reliable team.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Yeah but Kino is super cute and the perfect shade of green.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Do you all feel that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 should continue 2's Blade System or should it follow the original game and just have common party members do all of the attacking?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do you all feel that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 should continue 2's Blade System or should it follow the original game and just have common party members do all of the attacking?

I'd expect it to build off neither and work from Torna instead, where they struck a much more fun balance of the two.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kino works better because there are no chain attacks. Also, with no visions the healer actually works to keep you alive.

Back attack gems are overpowered as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd expect it to build off neither and work from Torna instead, where they struck a much more fun balance of the two.

This is my hope; Torna has by far my favorite of the Xenoblade battle systems.