Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I will simply ask to be seated in the no-COVID section of the pub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
The page on the Israeli Krav Magna school in Brooklyn which had a big picture of knee on neck technique + thumbs in eyes + list of police forces (including several USA ones) has been taken down.
What a sad shame it has been captured over 100 times on the internet archive in the last week.

ed: link: https://web.archive.org/web/20200630030153/https://israelitacticalkravmaga.com/law-enforcement/

Now this is interesting: just went to the links and the photos have disappeared!

Ed: photos have appeared using a different browser so shall remove :tinfoil:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 3, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who the hell goes to pubs? It's 2020 and I'm a millenial, I sit at home in front of a computer like a normal person.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Joking aside, that looks the complete opposite of fun and I'll be staying away until things get a bit more normal.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Pistol_Pete posted:

James Cleverly dunking on Starmer again and there's some very salty FBPE'rs in the replies lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/1278710513417977857

This whole thing is so loving pathetic, for hell's sake

First Starmer takes the knee for BLM; literally the least meaningful token gesture, fits his character as a liberal, but whatever doesn't hurt either I guess

Then he goes on BBC News to explain that actually BLM is not a movement but a "moment" and also it's bollocks and nonsense

Then there's this article where Starmer is begging black people to not leave the Labour party because of him being a worthless sack of dung. Yes that looks good right there Starmer, strong leadership

Just a nice big unforced error there. For gently caress's sake

And what annoys me even more is that this was clearly a situation where Starmer accidentally said what he actually thinks about BLM: that it's nonsense, not a movement, etc - so his conclusions from this farce will of course be: make sure you never say what you actually think, instead focus-group your responses and opinions and soundbites even more closely. See, this was the only time he's said what he actually thinks in the last two years, and it was a major embarrassment! Quick, obfuscate it!

I'm so glad we longer have a Labour leader who isn't a total oval office and therefore was able to be honest and genuine. Certainly this "pretend you're not a piece of poo poo" will work much better

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Angepain posted:

It is a great plan in shifting the blame for a second wave onto individuals being dumb, as nobody is ever willing to acknowledge that individual choices may ever be influenced by anything other than internal rational logic, so the tories will be very excited

Anecdotal, but some of my (older) work colleagues have already internalised that it'll clearly be the public's fault if there's another lockdown.

Although most are cautious enough that they say they're going to avoid the pubs.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Might wander down King Street in Bristol tomorrow evening, just to guage the scale of the carnage (it's a short street with about 12 pubs on it).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The page on the Israeli Krav Magna school in Brooklyn which had a big picture of knee on neck technique + thumbs in eyes + list of police forces (including several USA ones) has been taken down.
What a sad shame it has been captured over 100 times on the internet archive in the last week.

Link?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://web.archive.org/web/20200630030153/https://israelitacticalkravmaga.com/law-enforcement/

Just went to the link and the photos have disappeared!

Ed: they reappeared in a different browser so maybe they're still there. Shall remove :tinfoil:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 3, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
that's more realistic than the pub one imo

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Someone screenshot it:

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Guavanaut posted:

Honestly my first though when I saw the Guardian Graphic was that someone had revived Habbo Hotel as a mechanism for 'social' drinking.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Why is he actually gouging the eye of who I assume is a volenteer!?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I think it's pushing it a bit to say that restraints like that are some super secret krav maga/Israeli military technique, like there are similarities between sleeper restraints and arm bars and judo holds but nobody goes "oh he used Japanese techniques".

I mean, the British army has/used to have judo instructors teaching unarmed techniques.

Edit:oh haha I didn't twig the bit about the picture being quietly removed.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why is he actually gouging the eye of who I assume is a volenteer!?

I do not know.

Also found it here:

https://internationalprotectionservices.com/portfolio-item/protective-intelligence-training/

I'm just wondering why the images no longer exist in the wayback machine for the original site! I've checked a handful of the screen captures and all the images are gone.

ed: images reappeared in different browser so shall remove :tinfoil:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 3, 2020

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Some remain: https://web.archive.org/web/20200625192841/https://israelitacticalkravmaga.com/law-enforcement/

... or are being removed at this very moment :tinfoil: or a weird element adblock thing https://web.archive.org/web/2020062...rcement-min.jpg

It seems to pop in and out depending on refresh. Maybe its people hammering that capture.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 3, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Can you see images - they seem to have gone. Just checking it's not some issue with my internet (though I don't see how it can be). Time 13:24 (so 5 mins after you posted).

I don't use any adblock thing and I saw the images earlier today.

ED: ok I used a different browser I've used hardly ever before and they show up. I shall go back and edit my tinfoil hats.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 3, 2020

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It just loads very slowly.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Really enjoying any criticism of Starmer from BAME people now being framed as bad faith Corbynista factionalism. Extremely good.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Bet chuka is kicking himself for leaving the party now it needs him the most

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

hey! i only do that on fridays.

i'm still kind of in limbo not knowing the gently caress is going to happen in sept. i haven't moved or anything but my current role has me "wfh" until i leave and i don't want to go back to the old ways.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Seriously wouldn't put it past Labour at this point just to invite the CUKTIGs back in some advisory capacity - Umunna, yeah. Probably less so Gapes.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Might wander down King Street in Bristol tomorrow evening, just to guage the scale of the carnage (it's a short street with about 12 pubs on it).

I wonder what Park Street and Corn Street are going to look like.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Pesky Splinter posted:

Seriously wouldn't put it past Labour at this point just to invite the CUKTIGs back in some advisory capacity - Umunna, yeah. Probably less so Gapes.

Bad to allow any of them back into politics but the boiling miwky piss would be a thing to behold.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hey who had "the extended lockdown in Leicester uncovers an extensive grooming clique within the music scene" for July? Because I didn't and it sucks.

CoolCab posted:

hey! i only do that on fridays.
:same:

It is Friday, right?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

Hey who had "the extended lockdown in Leicester uncovers an extensive grooming clique within the music scene" for July? Because I didn't and it sucks.

Wut?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Johnny Foreigner don't even know how to die properly.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A lot of it is happening in less than public airings, but https://www.facebook.com/thealternativelive/posts/1022021148214818

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

Who the hell goes to pubs? It's 2020 and I'm a millenial, I sit at home in front of a computer like a normal person.

Look i know Twilight Struggle has a version on steam, but it's not the same as taking up a six-seater and shimmying a pint in between piles of counters and cards, is it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so pubs are opening at 6am tomorrow? :psyduck:

imagine queuing outside a Wetherspoons so you can have that early-morning Ruddles

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Look i know Twilight Struggle has a version on steam, but it's not the same as taking up a six-seater and shimmying a pint in between piles of counters and cards, is it?

Ome of my mates bought Twilight Struggle and tried to get us to play it but none of us want to lmao

or Twilight Imperium, one of those

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I think that's being pretty misreported. The rules allowing pubs to open come into force at 6am, but they'd still have to open in line with their licensing terms i.e. 11am for the vast majority.

If you can be in an airport or around Smithfield Market at 6am then fill your boots

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
My mum works for the nhs and apparently they're gearing up for tomorrow night like they usually would for new year's eve lol

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Perhaps everyone's over-reacting 'cos we've got used to the pubs being shut? It all sounds too restricted still for things to get really mental.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Do you think people are going to follow those restrictions sufficiently?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Perhaps everyone's over-reacting 'cos we've got used to the pubs being shut? It all sounds too restricted still for things to get really mental.

After months of cabin fever do you really think a huge number of people aren't going to take this as 'pandemic's over, pubs are open, let's go get trashed to celebrate wheeeeyyy'?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm assuming everyone involved - landlords, customers and government - all know the restrictions are a complete fiction that will have been entirely forgotten within an hour of opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mrpwase posted:

Do you think people are going to follow those restrictions sufficiently?

I think that's the innate contradiction at the heart of a flawed pandemic strategy - I think some people will gladly and fragrantly take risks. I suspect they are a noisy minority. The real problem is when everything opens up and the majority of people stay home, and as such there's a fraction of the demand needed to keep businesses running. This is on top of social distancing obligations which will also radically impact footfall.

It's a contradiction because if say, one pub opened today, they would post record business as they're the only one open and can cater to people in the "virus is overrated" crowd. Once they all open then you really see the economic impact of a plague.