Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Welp, hot toys announced their toy fair exclusives. Holographic Iron Man, Whiplash (racing version), Barber Stan Lee from Ragnarok, and Spiderman 2099 (black version) from the game.

I love the idea of the holographic one, but I'm also wondering where spidey's cape is on the 2099 version.

They've got tons of pics on the Facebook page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I figure this is the best thread for this question...

Anyone know what the delays for airmail are out of Japan right now? Not sure if I should just drop the extra $15 for DHL.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Unfortunately that MOTU toy book appears to have gotten delayed into next year, on the plus side though that means increased odds that it'll get even cheaper for those of us who have it preordered on Amazon

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

The new Ghostbuster figures are weird in that Hasbro's face capture technology seems kinda being used here but is a bit of a hit and miss. Egon looks excellent while Winston suffers from small head syndrome. Peter is soooo close to looking like Bill Murray but the head's too stout and wide. Ray's head has dead eyes and the mouth is weird.

Yeah but basically all of them still look better than the Mezcos, in terms of actually looking like the actors. The Egon screaming head is particularly egregious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Anyone know what the delays for airmail are out of Japan right now? Not sure if I should just drop the extra $15 for DHL.

I selected SAL when I preordered from AmiAmi, and that’s shipping soon, so I’m wondering what’s going to happen with that when it ships.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Aphrodite posted:

It depends on where you live and what option you chose. SAL and EMS will be delayed(or be completely unavailable if you're in certain countries) based on how many planes are traveling between Japan and your country and as there is a lot less running for obvious reasons expect lengthy delays. SAL will be delayed especially as that's low priority mail that kinda gets put on a plane whenever there's space available(which isn't often at the moment). DHL runs their own planes so the delays leaving the country aren't as bad and then it depends on how things are at home. For a lot of countries, such as Australia, DHL is the only real option you have if you want to receive anything in a timely manner(or at all depending on store policies). Personally speaking only 15 bucks extra isn't that bad a price for certainty in these trying times

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1278371373514141701

Mondo 1/6 scale Man at Arms is coming next Thursday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I did the math wrong and I was comparing DHL to SAL. DHL is actually only $7 more than Airmail (which is neither SAL or EMS but something in between and probably slow right now) so I may as well DHL.

The customs fees from DHL will also cost me a bit, but that's always a possibility with Airmail too.

I'm in Canada, so all services are available to me except SAL which is currently shutdown worldwide.

The_Doctor posted:

I selected SAL when I preordered from AmiAmi, and that’s shipping soon, so I’m wondering what’s going to happen with that when it ships.

With Amiami the shipping method you choose on preorder doesn't really matter. When you get the payment request, it asks you to choose your method again. It'll have all the prices at that point too.

SAL is shut down completely right now, as is Airmail and EMS to the US. The only method Amiami has to the US right now that will ship is DHL.

Until recently they used to not even let you pick a service that wasn't running, but now it seems they've changed it so that if you choose one that's not they'll hold your package until it opens up again.

They also expanded the period you have to pay for preorders when they come in from a week to 2 months so you can wait it out a bit too but I don't think SAL to the US will be coming back in 2 months either.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Open Marriage Night posted:

They made the infamous snake arms shirt into an action figure. Who would've thought the people in charge of mashing Masters of the Universe with WWE would be huge nerds?

The didn't do the Hulk Hogan Fist Helmet though, so they clearly dropped the ball.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Does anyone know of a good source for vintage MOTU accessories other than eBay? I recently found a decent Trap Jaw at a flea market but he’s missing his belt and arm attachments. Reproductions/3D printing are fine if they mean I don’t have to spend $40+shipping for four bits of plastic. Thanks in advance!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Grant DaNasty posted:

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1278371373514141701

Mondo 1/6 scale Man at Arms is coming next Thursday.

Man I don't even collect MOTU stuff and I know this will be Many Dollars and I still want it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still waffle back and forth on the Mondo MOTU.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

NECA Alien 40th series hit Target today. I really only want Parker and Brett but couldn't pass up Ripley with Jonesey.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m trying not to run errands this weekend since Houston has become a covid wasteland, but if anyone else heads to Target to grab those NECA Alien 40th figures and finds an extra Ripley I would happily pay you for your troubles.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I REALLY dislike Walmart's online ordering system. The GITD MOTU Undertaker was in stock three times today, with apparently only 10 available each time. All three times I got to the end of the process only to be told the item was out of stock.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake

Obviously I HAVE to own this.

This new GoldenAxe game is looking weird.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Anyone have experience selling figures on Facebook toy groups? I’m considering joining One Sixth Republic’s B/S/T group since eBay doesn’t seem to work out for me but I’m a bit wary of using an unregulated platform like that. Im planning on selling a few of my older Hot Toys. I’m pretty inexperienced selling stuff online in general so if anyone has tips I’d appreciate it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Colonel Whitey posted:

Anyone have experience selling figures on Facebook toy groups? I’m considering joining One Sixth Republic’s B/S/T group since eBay doesn’t seem to work out for me but I’m a bit wary of using an unregulated platform like that. Im planning on selling a few of my older Hot Toys. I’m pretty inexperienced selling stuff online in general so if anyone has tips I’d appreciate it.

I sold most of my Dragon Ball Figuarts through Facebook groups.

Selling is pretty safe considering you don't have to ship them anything until you've received the money in your Paypal, it's buying that's riskier.

Usually, people would ask for others to vouch for them because they've had other exchanges with them. Obviously if you've never bought or sold, no one can really vouch for you, so you're doing it on faith.

Sometimes I've heard of people sending figures to a group moderator as an intermediary to make sure that everything is legit. But then someone is paying for twice the shipping.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They're doing an Izu Figuarts, with extra pieces for Zero One so you can do this pose

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No one should buy or own Big Trump Fundraiser WWE merch in 2020.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
eyyyy I'm Casey Jones over hea

Figure is seriously badass. The mask doesn't come off thanks to the actor signing off too late for using his likeness but there's a repainted pic of the face underneath that's going around that looks exactly like Elias Koteas.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

Figure is seriously badass. The mask doesn't come off thanks to the actor signing off too late for using his likeness but there's a repainted pic of the face underneath that's going around that looks exactly like Elias Koteas.

gently caress I am so jealous. I want this Casey figure so badly. Nice grab!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Gripweed posted:

They're doing an Izu Figuarts, with extra pieces for Zero One so you can do this pose

I strongly dislike modern KamenRider designs, but the core Zero One suit is so drat good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

That’s some serious sweatpants bulge going on. :stare:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Tonight. You.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looks stained too - they did some good paint work there, hehe.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I must have blacked out yesterday. I was reading an article about the new black series shadow stormtrooper and when I came to I had an order confirmation email.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

gently caress I am so jealous. I want this Casey figure so badly. Nice grab!

I’ll keep an eye out at Wal-Mart for you. In the meantime, this Brickseek link should be helpful:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=249031665

Always wear a mask folks.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Endless Mike posted:

No one should buy or own Big Trump Fundraiser WWE merch in 2020.

Ugh. It sucks that I have to chose between my love of GITD figures and the utter destruction of a nation and it's people.

The_Doctor posted:

Now I can't unsee that.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 3, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Does Casey come with a Jose Canseco bat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You wouldn't want to pay money for that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

You wouldn't want to pay money for that.

lol, and no

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The_Doctor posted:

Casey Bones.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Here's how my She-Ra shelf is shaping up, after I finally got a nice acrylic case for the carded figure, and wallpapered the backdrop with some sparkly prismatic wrapping paper:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

She-ra reboot still needs some good figures, but that’s passed now it’s finished. :saddowns:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Here's how my She-Ra shelf is shaping up, after I finally got a nice acrylic case for the carded figure, and wallpapered the backdrop with some sparkly prismatic wrapping paper:

I love it!

So of course I decide to grab up the WWEternia guys and wave 1 is no longer available anywhere.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The_Doctor posted:

She-ra reboot still needs some good figures, but that’s passed now it’s finished. :saddowns:

It's not like the original show being over has stopped them from making toys for it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got the Winston and Venkman Plasma Series figures today. Winston is great, but there's something "off" with Venkman's resemblance. It looks vaguely... animated? Like if this figure was for the Real Ghostbusters Venkman it'd be great. It's just slightly off, weird considering how amazing Egon looks.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

So who’s going to try to get these ?

NECA Coming Out of Our Shells

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/tmnt-neca-coming-out-of-our-shells-tour-figure-set-sdcc-target-exclusive/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Judging by the mixed reaction from people, I suspect they'll be pretty easy to get, especially since they'll show up in Target too. It's an easy pass for me, especially since I feel the NECA turtles are some of the most perfect figures ever made. Happy for those that want this set.