Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

MRLOLAST posted:

I was thinking if having a thin metal sheet that I then cover with a thin game mat and then add magnets to the bottom of my terrain and models. I already put magnets on the bottom of my models since they are so much easier to paint and transport that way. Also easier for when I use movement trays as well.

I like this idea. You could even cut the metal into sections and join with hinges for easier storage.

Also if anyone leaned carelessly on the edges Khorne would get his offering. What is 40k without a little real bloodshed?

Bad snipe, have models. My scions are coming together

Their shoulder lamps suck, I tried doing pure white, shade yellow and then a yellow glaze. Looked bad so I tried stippling it white and grey and then glazed again yellow. Still bad. Not sure what I was going for tbh or what to try next.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Floppychop posted:

Spergs are already trying to cheese in 2++ saves.

I was wondering how long it would take for this to make it here. GW knows about 1+ saves from Sigmar and they're explicitly mentioned in the Crusade rules so this seems pretty intentional. It's not like terminators are going to magically become meta breaking good because weight of fire, something top meta armies have no issue with, will still slap them off the table.

GW will do one of three things:
1. Leave it alone because it's intentional.
2. Revert storm shields back to what they were.
3. Just not update anything that has old storm shield rules so only fancy new bladeguard have that.

I don't really see GW doing 2 but if the outcry is loud enough from people who hate terminators and want them to be forever bad they might go for 3.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ThoraxTheImpaler posted:

I was wondering how long it would take for this to make it here. GW knows about 1+ saves from Sigmar and they're explicitly mentioned in the Crusade rules so this seems pretty intentional. It's not like terminators are going to magically become meta breaking good because weight of fire, something top meta armies have no issue with, will still slap them off the table.

GW will do one of three things:
1. Leave it alone because it's intentional.
2. Revert storm shields back to what they were.
3. Just not update anything that has old storm shield rules so only fancy new bladeguard have that.

I don't really see GW doing 2 but if the outcry is loud enough from people who hate terminators and want them to be forever bad they might go for 3.

Terminators have a place: on a Space Hulk gameboard.

Beyond that: :shrug:?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'd be fine with Terminators with a 2++. It would also splash over to custodes too, but they're not exactly game breakingly good right now.

I'm more worried about people finding ways to do poo poo like finding other ways to give +1 to save and having something cheap and spammable with it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been putting together some Acolyte Hybrids and was delighted that the heavy weapon models's matching heads had safety masks and goggles. You might be organizing a massive rebellion to summon the Star Gods to bless your planet, but workplace safety is just as serious.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
The exact same thing happened with the AOS Bastiladon and the said explicitly that the rend (ap in sigmar) doesn't apply while it has a 1up and it's working as intended.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Floppychop posted:

I'd be fine with Terminators with a 2++. It would also splash over to custodes too, but they're not exactly game breakingly good right now.

I'm more worried about people finding ways to do poo poo like finding other ways to give +1 to save and having something cheap and spammable with it.

SO far the only actual issues with it, because terminators would not be, are custodes and SM characters. For custodes it's not a big problem because you can give a stormshield to a generic on foot shield captain, the base custodian squad if you give them the swords, and the vexilus praetor with the banner but it gives up his melee weapon. I think the shield captain will see more play because of this, but it doesn't really make him better than any of the other options, it just drags his rear end up from the mud. Custodians with the swords just aren't very good at doing anything and just get brought as ablative wounds anyway so little will change in that regard it'll just make them stick around a little bit longer than before. For generic SM characters you could run into an issue though as you can boost a smash captain to a 1+ by giving him artificer armor as his relic, and this is true for any SM character that can take a storm shield, but then again it takes a relic which is something smash captains rely on for boosting damage output to do their jobs properly. Until other stormshields gets updated I will absolutely slam artificer armor onto that bladeguard captain all day long because it's funny.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up a Impulsor!

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It's an extremely simple fix to make it so AP and save bonuses cancel each other out like a normal person would make the rule. In that case terminators could have a 1+ armor. Weapons would need to be at least -2 to have a better chance than that 1 in 6 lucky shot everything has, from the lowliest grot blasta to the marine combat knife.

Wrt the unrendable bastiladon, it's hilarious and very in-character for GW to be like: "Oh math broke the save mechanic, let's just roll with it and pretend it was intended all along, it's either that or they'll think we're being stupid!" *clears throat* "Yes, it was indeed our intention all along that that the mechanic completely changes the way it works when it gets to +1. Very intentional". The exact same thing happened a bunch of times with different things too. The errata'ed 'loot it' stratagem for example.

Regardless, I feel the best, proven to work, solution to terminators feeling too soft (without save shenanigans) is giving them a 5+ FNP and extra toughness. It really goes a long way to make them feel tough as nails, and also a big part of the reason why blightlords are/were a competitive choice.

e: not saying the bastiladon is bad, I think it's fine. It's more that they pretend that breaking their mechanic was intentional (they literally had to errata the same thing several times).

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 3, 2020

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Revelation 2-13 posted:

blightlords are/were a competitive choice.

We've been playing two very different games apparently.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Wrt the unrendable bastiladon, it's hilarious and very in-character for GW to be like: "Oh math broke the save mechanic, let's just roll with it and pretend it was intended all along, it's either that or they'll think we're being stupid!" *clears throat* "Yes, it was indeed our intention all along that that the mechanic completely changes the way it works when it gets to +1. Very intentional". The exact same thing happened a bunch of times with different things too. The errata'ed 'loot it' stratagem for example.

The Bastilodon was changed to have a 1+ like eight months ago, tops, from what was previously a 3+ that was explicitly immune to Rend. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Yeah the Bastiladon isn't so bad because as soon as you fail a Save or two it degrades out of the 1up.

Edit: posting from a pile of dead Bastiladon corpses

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 3, 2020

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

IPA Regulations posted:

What do you mean by elevation gain in this context?

I'm just now realizing that I no longer have pictures of it, but I did a full 6x4 table about a decade ago that was a constant sloping hill, 3 layers of 2" foam with a river at the bottom edge and a large mansion at the top edge, multiple foam core buildings throughout, and a sort of border wall between the richer and poorer districts of this city. From the roof of the mansion to the other end there was about 15" of decline through the whole thing. It was pretty glorious, but like Kitchner said, it only had the one configuration and eventually just collected dust.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

So... Squats eh?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And here I joked to myself and on twitter (I think so at least) that they just made up the fact that they got devoured by nids to make people stop bothering them.

Either way I'm perfectly fine if they decide to bring back Squats as an army.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

TKIY posted:

So... Squats eh?

Honest question to yall goons. if they released squats with troops, both light and heavy, with transports and anti armor vehicles. Maybe like, 2 troop types, 3 vehicles, a support unit or 2, and 1 to 3 lords or commanders. How many of yall would be down for that?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'd grab one of the bikes at least, that's for sure. Because a squat model release without a trike or two is not a properly finished released. :colbert:

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Cooked Auto posted:

And here I joked to myself and on twitter (I think so at least) that they just made up the fact that they got devoured by nids to make people stop bothering them.

Either way I'm perfectly fine if they decide to bring back Squats as an army.

I doubt they'll be a full army, probably more like the Zoat where there will be a single unit. I'm really hoping for a dogs of war style army.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

neaden posted:

I doubt they'll be a full army, probably more like the Zoat where there will be a single unit. I'm really hoping for a dogs of war style army.

Although they already have single models released, there's two for Necromunda. So something more substantial would be nice.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That [Imperial Fists v]essel belongs to [Scout] Squa[d Juron, D'Arquebus, Akbar, Valence, Akbar, and Biff Tundrish!]

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Squats.. will this be the only GW game where I don't hate dwarfs? The extinct sentence kinda confirms it . A bit excited and mildly curious :)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I for one welcome our new squat, demiurg and chaos dwarf overlords.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Squats are cool. Back in the old they were almost better at tech than the tech priests. At least going by one of the stories in the Compendium I have where a Squat Engineer stops a tech priest from almost arming an old plasma bomb because the later had no idea what it was.
Or maybe it's the squats who have been feeding Cawl all his new ideas. :tinfoil:

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Chaos dwarfs with silly hats and lightning claws? Served by chaos cultist hobgoblins.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Cooked Auto posted:

Squats are cool. Back in the old they were almost better at tech than the tech priests. At least going by one of the stories in the Compendium I have where a Squat Engineer stops a tech priest from almost arming an old plasma bomb because the later had no idea what it was.
Or maybe it's the squats who have been feeding Cawl all his new ideas. :tinfoil:

Or Cawl is three Squats in a trench coat...

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Yvonmukluk posted:

Or Cawl is three Squats in a trench coat...

Nah he’s at least....seven, maybe eight squats under there.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
The entire machine cult is actually worshipping Grungi and being controlled by the squats. It's all a big scam and they have been hiding under the forgeworlds the entire time.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

GW sent my Szeras early. $60 CAD sucks for a single model but at least he's a big boy. A half sprue and 80mm base for him.

Dunno if this is officially out there yet or not:

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I'd definitely pick up some of the models at least, even if it just turns out to be an IG character or something. I've always had a fondness for Space Dwarves, but joined too late to pick any up. They better have retained some amount of that Rogue Trader-Era camp, though. :colbert:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

there's the FW Necromunda squats

they could turn them into a few units like the Ogryn I guess

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I need to paint five Hellblasters and a Phobos Captain to have a Salamanders Combat Patrol ready to go for 9th. I think I can handle six models in three weeks.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Okay. So, I know without seeing all the FAQs and point costs, it's dumb to invest on things based on just the rules we've seen so far, but goddammit, I'm doing it anyway. I am going to take full advantage of what we've seen. I see a ripe opportunity to exploit the new rules, and I am sure that they will not be changing it.

That's right, boys, I'm getting a mekboy workshop! And teleporting it!

With the new rules for detachments, orks are now disincentivized from bringing three detachments. I'm thinking more like evil sunz/deathskulls battalion and patrol is what I'll shoot for. That leaves a detachment free. A fortification network has no cost so long as it matches your warlord's faction. Easily done.

The mekboy workshop is a valid target for the tellyporta stratagem. Also probably strategic reserves, but tellyporta is funnier and gives you more leeway on where you place it.

Before PA and 9th, this would have cost you 80 points (for the workshop), a shot at a third kultur, and seven command points (two for teleporting, five for not getting a third battalion). Now the detachment is free and doesn't cost you any points elsewhere. You're not getting that third kultur anyway. And thanks to the new rules in Saga of the Beast, you even get a free kustom job, effectively refunding a CP. The only wildcard here is how much the mekboy workshop goes up. I'm hoping that they recognize it's a terrible unit and don't crank up the points too high. I'm anticipating it's probably going to be around 100 points.

100 points and a CP to drop a building on the map turn 2 is hilarious enough that it might just be worth it in a casual game. Still strategically awful, but I think the scales have likely tipped just far enough to make it doable.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TKIY posted:

So... Squats eh?

Hooray, me mentioning them during that big poll for suggestions did something! Maybe.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/04/warhammer-40000-preview-indomitus-face-off/

Latest preview has started. And they started off with showing off the Silent King model.
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1279401090321170433

Also if you want datasheets for some of the new Indomitus units then check the WarCom page.

Edit: Primaris Chaplain on Bike confirmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODr7oNXCCo

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1279408774776860673

Edit 2:
Primaris Tech Marine revealed.
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1279413955820171266

Edit 3:
And finally the loving VOID DRAGON has been revealed.
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1279415601551769600

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 4, 2020

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Lol the bikes have 2A base, +3 on the charge (1 from angels of death, 2 from their bespoke rule) and then +1 from their chainswords.

It's taken a whole edition but I've finally gotten to the "annoyed at the constant new and good toys space marine players get" point

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I haven't been able to find anything but I just want to double check with goons. Has there been anything about new necron or space marine codecies? I didn't pick up the last ones but need to now with all the new goodness coming, I just don't want to buy a book then have it become useless right away.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Elblanco posted:

I haven't been able to find anything but I just want to double check with goons. Has there been anything about new necron or space marine codecies? I didn't pick up the last ones but need to now with all the new goodness coming, I just don't want to buy a book then have it become useless right away.

We're literally within a month of the new edition release. Buy plastic not paper.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

We're literally within a month of the new edition release. Buy plastic not paper.

That's what I though, thanks.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

can we talk about how METAL this looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Holy loving poo poo the Void Dragon looks so loving cool