Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
fwiw, you'll probably see some ringfit available soon. assuming WA doesnt lockdown again anyway

also, please buy carts so I can continue to have my job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Ooo are you the guy who dilligently licks every cart for one last quality check before lovingly slotting it into the packaging for retail distribution??

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

KingSlime posted:

Ooo are you the guy who dilligently licks every cart for one last quality check before lovingly slotting it into the packaging for retail distribution??

I mean, somebody has to, right??

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to sort all my games into the Good Games and Bad Games folders

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I used to think all digital was too good to be true, but now my 256 micro is almost full and there’s still so many 1st party full size games I want and I don’t wanna uninstall anything...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Unoriginal Name posted:

fwiw, you'll probably see some ringfit available soon. assuming WA doesnt lockdown again anyway

also, please buy carts so I can continue to have my job

I bought Zelda and Animal Crossing carts the other week, OP. Doing my part. :shopkeeper:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

Can't wait to sort all my games into the Good Games and Bad Games folders

Gonna look kind of weird when the only games in the Good folder is MK8D and... DQ11, I guess.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
less than a week to deadly premonition 2 y'all :blastu:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

psychoJ posted:

less than a week to deadly premonition 2 y'all :blastu:

I’m ready. Give me all the loving jank, my body can take it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bust Rodd posted:

I used to think all digital was too good to be true, but now my 256 micro is almost full and there’s still so many 1st party full size games I want and I don’t wanna uninstall anything...

I bought a 400GB card this year and I’m starting to get worried even that may not be enough with all the sales.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

SeANMcBAY posted:

I bought a 400GB card this year and I’m starting to get worried even that may not be enough with all the sales.

Oh my! I didn’t know they made them that big. May I ask what brand?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.newegg.com/sandisk-400gb-microsdxc/p/N82E16820173374?Item=N82E16820173374

It's been on sale a few times in various places quite regularly. I don't recommend buying any cards from Amazon though since they've been known to ship fakes.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Not a Children posted:

Nope. You’ll know when you get there.

Okay I beat the game and I'm still curious about what this was.

e: Also the game is amazing, can't recommend Blasphemous enough if you have an appetite for a gorgeous, hard as nails metroidvania with the stylings and designs of a Catholic Bloodborne.

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 3, 2020

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Foul Fowl posted:

e: Also the game is amazing, can't recommend Blasphemous enough if you have an appetite for a gorgeous, hard as nails metroidvania with the stylings and designs of a Catholic Bloodborne.

Hard yes to the first part, hard no to the second. What to do?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hard yes to the first part, hard no to the second. What to do?

There's a demo on the store, give it a whirl.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Foul Fowl posted:

It was the sword lady on the bridge at the top of the tower. I breezed through most of the game but after the dozenth attempt I threw up my hands.

Foul Fowl posted:

The demo convinced me to get it, but be aware your progress does not carry over

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I have children who each play multiple different games on my Switch, and I have a couple dozen more just for myself. If there weren't digital storage available, the carts would have long since been lost. But instead they change games seamlessly and nothing ever gets lost.

The only physical cart I have permanently glued into the other slot?

Diablo loving 3

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Not a Children posted:

It was the sword lady on the bridge at the top of the tower. I breezed through most of the game but after the dozenth attempt I threw up my hands.

What did you have trouble with? I think that was my favourite boss fight mechanics-wise in the whole game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish Nintendo would allow a downloadable version of Ring Fit for free or something. You can’t use it without the ring anyways so it would be convenient.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve been stonewalled by the Paladin on the bridge for months. Any tips?!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Foul Fowl posted:

Oh cool. The aesthetic doesn't thrill me but if the gameplay is good enough I'll bite.

Demos are poorly advertised but super useful to let you know to buy a game or not.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish Nintendo would allow a downloadable version of Ring Fit for free or something. You can’t use it without the ring anyways so it would be convenient.

You know someone would end up in the hospital after trying to replicate the ring with something completely inappropriate for the task. For a ring of plastic, it's really well made.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

lunar detritus posted:

You know someone would end up in the hospital after trying to replicate the ring with something completely inappropriate for the task. For a ring of plastic, it's really well made.

You can't really do that. It's not just a slot to fit your joycon into, it has some circuitry itself to measure tug and press strength, and probably to store your offline presses, too. At the very very least, there has to be some kind of electronic switch in there that tells the joy-con "hey, you're now connected to a ring-con, so switch control scheme!"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Foul Fowl posted:

What did you have trouble with? I think that was my favourite boss fight mechanics-wise in the whole game.

I just can't get the rhythm of the fight down. She whittles me faster than I whittle her, plain and simple. I'm used to bashing my head against bosses until I get it but between the tedium of getting there and barely making it past her half-health mark I kinda just gave up.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve been stonewalled by the Paladin on the bridge for months. Any tips?!

Just gonna put all of it in spoilers.

Equip the Mea Culpa heart that extends the duration of your parry. That's what the fight is all about. All of her attacks can be parried or blocked. Even the one where she flies down from above and shoots purple flames to the sides, but that one's usually easier to just get out of the way of.

Don't heal. She's gonna dash across the screen and smash your face in while the animation is playing. The only time I found it was safe to heal was when she had finished her sequence of charge attacks, or if you were in one of the corners of the screen and she did the air charge, which always seemed to miss slightly.

Counter-parrying her parry and then landing a dodge stab after you get pushed away was a reliable way of scoring damage. Don't do it if she's in a corner, you can't get far enough away or turn and parry her attack after. The dodge stab does about as much damage as a 3 hit combo.

Pre-emptively parry every time she moves her sword. The tell for the swing and the parry is basically the same. If she goes into a parry, walk up and trigger it and then counter-parry. If she swings, you parry her attack. Even if you get pushed away, you can dodge stab her. If you hit her with the parry, unload with a combo.

When she starts doing the charge, standing in a corner is a reliable way of making sure she's only coming from one direction. At that point it's easy to block her attacks with a parry. Don't try to hit her during the attacks, just let her keep attacking and block them all. Only attack when it's safe.

You'll probably still get hit a couple times off of a dodge stab that didn't carry you far enough to the other side, or eating a swing in the middle of your combo.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Gutcruncher posted:

The feature I want on a Switch upgrade is multiple cartridge slots. Let me keep two or three in at a time!

Just make the weird screen protector part of the dock an 8-fold cartridge slot, bam.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

lunar detritus posted:

They make third party rings. No cart with them though

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Chin Strap posted:

They make third party rings. No cart with them though
That doesn't negate the point they're making. At least when some dipshit loses/breaks their ring and puts out their eye with some improvised plastic mess where they basically chopped the top off a garbage can Nintendo can legitimately say "Well, we provided you one with the game".

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite is this guy who very clearly pirated the game but didn't realize the ring wasn't just a piece of plastic.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
The Valfaris/Slain double pack is on sale for $14. I've had Valfaris on my wish list and I don't remember why. How are each of these games?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The Valfaris/Slain double pack is on sale for $14. I've had Valfaris on my wish list and I don't remember why. How are each of these games?

Never played them but they reek of Amiga Eurojank.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Slain is one of those arbitrarily hard games that gives you an achievement for being "dumb" enough to walk into some hidden spikes. I bounced off of it on Steam a long time ago.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bust Rodd posted:

My dude, they make terabyte sized ones if you actually ever find yourself needing it. For a price.

The 400gb cards are in a price sweet spot and go on sale pretty often, mine was like $40.

A 512gb will generally be way more expensive in comparison, though, which is why the 400 is suggested around here.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is Nintendo really not making anymore Docks anymore? I thought production was just halted but now that I want one I can't seem to find it. I guess they just completely stopped. :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think they stopped I think that right now they are prioritizing docks to go with switches rather than ones sold separately

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

sigher posted:

Is Nintendo really not making anymore Docks anymore? I thought production was just halted but now that I want one I can't seem to find it. I guess they just completely stopped. :smith:

Nintendo’s online store recently reopened. Maybe you can score one there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't think they stopped I think that right now they are prioritizing docks to go with switches rather than ones sold separately

They stopped way before COVID and the whole Switch shortage.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo’s online store recently reopened. Maybe you can score one there.

drat, just checked and they don't even have a listing for it on their site. It was a good idea though. Guess I'm going to eBay.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sigher posted:

I mean you could always get one of these if you really didn’t want to wait.

USB C Hub HDMI Adapter,QGeeM 7 in 1 Type C Hub to HDMI 4k,3 USB 3.0 Ports,100W Power Delivery,SD/TF Card Readers Compatible with MacBook Pro 13/15(Thunderbolt 3),2018 Mac Air,Chromebook USB C Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXMNF1X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tI..EbHFWCS6X

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't know how but I got sucked back into gungeon

The newer patch from whenever (haven't played in months) seems to be more generous with keys and guns, this rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

I don't know how but I got sucked back into gungeon

The newer patch from whenever (haven't played in months) seems to be more generous with keys and guns, this rocks

That’s cool. Maybe I’ll try that game again. It didn’t click with me like BoI did.