Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PLaying MahjongSoul, A blend of cute, appealing anime girls with classical Japanese Mahjong.with the squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

saltyslug posted:

Sitting down to some lost odyssey disc 3. This game is pretty charmless but I've mostly liked it anyway

I'm playing through this too. It really is charmless but the dreams lore keeps me interested. Also the battle system is pretty engaging. I just reached disc 2

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Rise of the tomb raider. First game was ok but this ones a lot better and excited to start the third

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

Rise of the tomb raider. First game was ok but this ones a lot better and excited to start the third

Second one is the best imo. Shadow is still pretty good

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

apropos to nothing posted:

Might have to try it out, I was weirded out by the death cam glory.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ruffini posted:

Might have to try it out, I was weirded out by the death cam glory.

The first game is weird because that stuff is definitely there but it's mostly concentrated within the first couple hours. It feels like they decided to change the tone partway through development but didn't want to redo any of the early game stuff they'd previously demoed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i didnt realise there were 3 tomb raider uncharted games lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't played the new one that's been ported to every single platform and free on every single storefront for the past 3 years, but I did play the first two. The first one is riddled with highlighted ledge grabbing and failed QuickTime events that lead to weirdly gruesome death animations but the second one is pretty hype because it's got a weird cultist religion story and the reincarnation of Jesus Christ joins your party and Lara desperately wants to gently caress him the entire time.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I haven't played the new one that's been ported to every single platform and free on every single storefront for the past 3 years, but I did play the first two. The first one is riddled with highlighted ledge grabbing and failed QuickTime events that lead to weirdly gruesome death animations but the second one is pretty hype because it's got a weird cultist religion story and the reincarnation of Jesus Christ joins your party and Lara desperately wants to gently caress him the entire time.

i played the first one and i enjoyed the tomb raiding part of it that was entirely optional for some reason but the actual story was miserable lol

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Dishonored 2 and Touhou Luna Nights

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When I see people posting in the weekend thread on a Thursday

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dark souls 2. ivory king dlc.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

waiting for ring fit to arrive in the mail... until that happens, clubhouse games and yakuza 5

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Animal Crossing update

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

Animal Crossing update

This. But also instead of gaming last night I watched half of Pale Flower and went to sleep so I think I’ll try out Sudden Strike 4 today instead, with Yakuza 5 later. I’m getting way more into the idol stuff there than the actual plot lol. Haruka’s song has been stuck in my head all morning.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dark Souls 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This. But also instead of gaming last night I watched half of Pale Flower and went to sleep so I think I’ll try out Sudden Strike 4 today instead, with Yakuza 5 later. I’m getting way more into the idol stuff there than the actual plot lol. Haruka’s song has been stuck in my head all morning.

lol mainlining yakuza and watching yakuza movies...the full immersion

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

lol mainlining yakuza and watching yakuza movies...the full immersion

Yeah, it rocks. I've still got a bunch of yakuza movies that I bought during the Criterion flash sale and haven't watched yet, and Yakuza 6 is already installed so it's ready to go as soon as I finish 5, so I think that's going to be my whole weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just headed to gun fort in Sekiro and checking out the new swimming update in AC.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a bunch of yakuza films in my watchlist like Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifters. Any recommendations are welcome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

high and low and drunken angel are iirc on the criterion channel and 100% rule

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I had to watch Tokyo Drifters in school and it rocked. The only other Yakuza film I’ve seen that I can remember is Brutal Tales of Chivalry which is also very good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have a bunch of yakuza films in my watchlist like Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifters. Any recommendations are welcome

I just finished the rest of Pale Flower and liked it a lot, it's a cool moody film, although it's the only one I've seen and can personally attest to. I've got those same two movies as well as Youth of the Beast ready to go this weekend, and I also got one called Outrage and its sequel on the Xbox store a while back. Typing all this up also made me remember that I found out yesterday that all the Battles Without Honor and Humanity movies are on Amazon Prime streaming.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

those movies both own. suzuki ftmfw

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the whole battles without honor or humanity series kicks rear end but the series isn't really Yakuza-fun, more brutal and critical than free wheeling and funny. not sure how easy it is to watch online but the Stray Cat Rock movies are awesome female biker gang stories that follow some similar territory to a Suzuki Yakuza movie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Flick is here and I'm raking in bells like it's my job. Friday ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Added some of those other films to my list, thanks... Stray Cat Rock looks cool and stars Meiko Kaji from Lady Snowblood

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

i got sekiro and the ogre boss is kicking my arse, mocking me, etc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Been playing Hades constantly. Also after watching Tim Rogers say its the best video game of all time (?) I started playing Last of Us Part One. The opening was a very cool visual spectacle that made me panic and blink back tears a little IRL and the performances are great but its not a fun game at all so far and the AI sucks balls. Also GF is playing Hollow Knigth so Ive been watchign her do that and it seems like one of the best indie treasures of all time. Cant wait to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

amenbrotep posted:

i got sekiro and the ogre boss is kicking my arse, mocking me, etc

Awesome. My favorite enemies are the dudes who are just slightly too big to be realistic, but still walk around like it's Normal for a 14 foot tall guy with a 1 ton beer gut to spit poison on his sword and kill people.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Sekiro is the hardest fromsoft game for the first few bosses and insanely frustrating and then you learn what it wants you to do and you become a badass who still dies a lot

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Awesome. My favorite enemies are the dudes who are just slightly too big to be realistic, but still walk around like it's Normal for a 14 foot tall guy with a 1 ton beer gut to spit poison on his sword and kill people.

Personally I like the giant roosters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

giant birds in every from game scare me. the three birds enemies in bb are too scary

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

Personally I like the giant roosters

the giant chickens were the first time i died to an enemy. i went up to one thinking to talk to it but the rooster went berserk and i jumped off a cliff in surprise. there is no room for rooster mercy in my heart now

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I still have not killed the final boss in sekiro :ninja:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruffini posted:

I still have not killed the final boss in sekiro :ninja:

disgraceful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera