Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

hunnert car pileup posted:

Revival/FTR loving rocked in NXT. Only thing I ever saw them do in WWE was get berried on that Raw anniversary show so that run pretty much never happened in my eyes.
They did have the feud with Roode and Gable on the main roster, too, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The match at TakeOver: Dallas against American Alpha is my second favorite tag match. I know I need to watch more 90s Japanese ones but right now it's a comfortable second place.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
FTR look really awkward and small but they're good wrestlers

they just seem out of place in AEW though. it's like a character from some completely different genre of show popping up in something else with nobody commenting on it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seems like discussing FTR would be better suited to the AEW thread, please get back to posting about podcasts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I bet FTR listen to Serial

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dax likes My Favorite Murder, but Cash is a Comedy Bang Bang man

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Kris Zellner really enjoys laughing after he doesn't make jokes.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

In which we learn about the match where someone did a run in outdoors by crawling out from the dirt where he had been buried underground.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1279246549638352896

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Punch McLightning posted:

Kris Zellner really enjoys laughing after he doesn't make jokes.

Speaking of laughing after you don't make jokes, I just listened to my first-non World Class episode of Lapsed Fan (it was about New Blood Rising). I don't know what bothered me more, the problematic comments or having to wear out my "skip 30 seconds ahead" button through the horrible impressions. I'm starting to understand the stigma behind the podcast.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Best podcast out there

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
"Dumb is dumb. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference." -Dave

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I know this is two months old, but I’m just now listening to it. I’m really enjoying it, but hearing Rob Bihari complain about WWE babying talent these days because they stopped the Orton-Bryan Raw main event years ago, and Kris and Bix half-heartedly agree, was disappointing. Being dismissive of neck injuries is a lovely take, and I think Bryan’s medical issues not long after this match should have shown that something serious was going on with his health at this time, and it wasn’t something that just should have been disregarded so they could finish the match.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Punch McLightning posted:

I know this is two months old, but I’m just now listening to it. I’m really enjoying it, but hearing Rob Bihari complain about WWE babying talent these days because they stopped the Orton-Bryan Raw main event years ago, and Kris and Bix half-heartedly agree, was disappointing. Being dismissive of neck injuries is a lovely take, and I think Bryan’s medical issues not long after this match should have shown that something serious was going on with his health at this time, and it wasn’t something that just should have been disregarded so they could finish the match.
I didn't quite get where he was going at first and wasn't really agreeing, but I felt like he was right that they were playing favorites and Bryan would have been fine if he just caught Orton in the Yes Lock right there instead of the match being called.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I was less convinced you & Kris were complaining about the stoppage itself rather than the Bryan vs HHH part of it. My real issue is with Bihari/Viper.

I wasn't watching wrestling at the time, so listening on and hearing you all discuss the Smackdown main event (the TLC with E&C, Dudleys, Hardys, & Benoit/Jericho) lead to another moment where Bihari says "I have no problem with chair shots to the head" within seconds of talking about how Christian nearly killed Jericho with a chair, and how Benoit probably breaking his neck in that match played a role in his murders and suicide. How the gently caress in 2020 can you just not give a poo poo about wrestler safety? And then he bitches about the CMLL guys not fighting off the people who invaded the ring at the recent show when he was directly told - and he says this! - that CMLL talent has been told to bail on the ring whenever a fan rushes it.

I don't follow Rob on Twitter, so I don't know if this is his normal bullshit, but he really comes off as either an idiot or an rear end in a top hat, or some combination of the two.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I stopped following Rob on Twitter because he's a massive piece of poo poo and an incel misogynist. Plus he loves calling people SJWs soooooo

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1080529540689080321?s=20

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1085671636244688896?s=20

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1272367983806087168?s=20

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1221262097662775298?s=20

https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1278868788616683521?s=20

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Loaded week. WWF In Your House: Canadian Stampede, The Pitbulls' federal drug charges, DDP as La Parka, The Patriot quitting AJPW for the WWF in a frantic attempt to get paid as much as possible while nursing what would become a career-ending injury, Gary Goodridge vs. The Pedro, and a LOT more.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1280011671277318145

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah he's absolutely disgusting

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

My God you're covering Goodridge

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Rob has a bad habit of tweeting things that are a lot more innocuous with full context but look way shittier as individual tweets. The CMLL women's division stuff is about the division not being good, the Lash thing was him using "SJW" in the "disingenuous fake woke" sense (even if I don't like him using the term), etc. Which isn't to say I never disagree with him about stuff like this, but there's a "reading Rob's posts for over two decades gives me added context to have a better idea of what he's talking about and he needs to give more thought to how some look in isolation" thing going on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

blinders, bix

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I put the New Day podcast on my Castro playlist so I knew I would get to it eventually, and drat I really wish I listened to it sooner. I had tears within like the first 5 minutes, and balled through it. I

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if we can interrogate bix about bts guests now hey bix why the gently caress was TheFreyMovement ever considered an acceptable guest

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Okay Bix.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm just glad beau james can't be canceled

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Alaois posted:

if we can interrogate bix about bts guests now hey bix why the gently caress was TheFreyMovement ever considered an acceptable guest
poo poo got way worse after that.

I'm just glad I didn't try to get Haggerty on when we were friends.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
What did TFM do exactly other than be an unfunny dork on twitter

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

What did TFM do exactly other than be an unfunny dork on twitter

Transphobia, anti-semitism, racism...

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Dave is really loving bad at covering all this poo poo at this point, and I'm not one of the people here who likes to try and find reasons to hate on him. The way he talks about the Riddle accusations is absolutely loving terrible.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Dave is really loving bad at covering all this poo poo at this point, and I'm not one of the people here who likes to try and find reasons to hate on him. The way he talks about the Riddle accusations is absolutely loving terrible.
What did he say now? Something about the photos that Candy Cartwright tweeted? (The point of which was to disprove the allegation that she had been stalking the Riddles for 2 years.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

davidbix posted:

What did he say now? Something about the photos that Candy Cartwright tweeted? (The point of which was to disprove the allegation that she had been stalking the Riddles for 2 years.)

That it didn't the photos didn't necessarily prove RIddle is lying since you can want to file for a restraining order, change your mind and then change your mind again, which I don't think even lines up with RIddle's lawyer's statement but it's hard to tell since it was printed on CD labels.

Yeah, that happens even when people file orders of protection instead of just claiming they maybe thought about it, but Riddle's statement sure didn't read that way

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 7, 2020

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
He also referred to it as a “wacky internet story”

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

davidbix posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

So 2 weeks ago Dave was defending Cornette

And now today he's implying the accusation against Riddle is "jealousy"

I wonder why women feel uncomfortable speaking out in an industry like this where the biggest journalist there is keeps implying you're a liar if you do

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

what a cool guy this dave meltzer. better give him twelve dollars to prove i love this opinion and want more of it

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dave has done well on Speaking Out, other than his really horrible coverage of Riddle and marginal coverage of Osprey.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Having not read a word, no he hasn't.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mkay0 posted:

Dave has done well on Speaking Out, other than his really horrible coverage of Riddle and marginal coverage of Osprey.

And Cornette.

Frankly, those examples invalidate whatever else he's said on the subject because he's clearly playing favourites on this issue.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's always going to play favorites because he's primarily an access journalist. You see it everywhere where sports journalists don't report on a specific person or group because it'll hurt their access to their sources. Its a huge problem all over.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's always going to play favorites because he's primarily an access journalist. You see it everywhere where sports journalists don't report on a specific person or group because it'll hurt their access to their sources. Its a huge problem all over.

I get it (though it's still very gross) in the cases of Riddle and Ospreay but what access is he preserving by he and Bryan caping for Cornette here?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I get it (though it's still very gross) in the cases of Riddle and Ospreay but what access is he preserving by he and Bryan caping for Cornette here?

No clue. I could guess at it but whats the point? In the end he's still being quiet on Cornette.

None of that is meant to be a defense of Dave anyways, just that its a big problem all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Has Bryan actually said a positive word about ol corny?