Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit
Yeah, they do on the inside what is done here on the outside by capturing the dead air.

Just, you know, efficiently. The rebreathe the air in their second lung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
When they inhale, outside air goes to their posterior air sacs and lung air goes to the anterior air sacs. When they exhale, anterior sac air (already breathed) is pushed out and posterior sac air (fresh) is pushed into their lungs. They don't rebreathe anything.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I like how we are all, myself included, are struggling to decode the thought processes of people who are willing to die and put others at risk, to avoid being mildly discommoded by a half-mask. As if there is some rational connection at all

Especially in the midst of a national recognition that having a different skin tone can get you killed.

Can't wait to see the count of chuds passing out due to O2 deprivation versus the number of non-white people out & out murdered since March.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I am never going to be used to Fishman. A Good Cartoon?!?!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Deathlove posted:

Tinsley must be furious

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Deathlove posted:

I think the woman is supposed to be a an idiot for condensing her eloquent, well thought out agenda to a few words the idiot media might understand.

Is Winslow considering a terrorist act to dethrone a corrupt government? Seems like it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Deathlove posted:

this is like when the new person took over nancy!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

That's actually true, though. "What do we want it? Yadda yadda yadda. When do we want it? Now." It's basic, really.

AGC.

quote:

You, on the other hand, can gently caress RIGHT off.

quote:

And your tears are delicious.

e.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think the woman is supposed to be a an idiot for condensing her eloquent, well thought out agenda to a few words the idiot media might understand.

I don't think so? The look she has in the last panel says otherwise. It's a "I can't believe I have to explain this" look.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 3, 2020

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Deathlove posted:

My Fishman conspiracy theory is he's actually playing a very long, slow game of turning Mallard leftward by occasionally throwing out these very open to interpretation comics that nevertheless get the progressive message across. As time goes by they'll get more an more common until it's actually just a moderate liberal political comic.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mikl posted:

That's actually true, though. "What do we want it? Yadda yadda yadda. When do we want it? Now." It's basic, really.

"Now?! An immediate decree?! That sounds like a recipe for dictatorship!"
"That's a common misconception. It's really about making our demands a priority on the agendas of the various local, state, and national deliberative bodies which have given lip service to these problems for decades but never made much effort to solve them in any serious way."
"Well why not say that up front :chord:"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure Fishman is just too braindead to realize the protester is in the right.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Is there a joke here?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Coronavirus: 'I'm all for masks,' says Trump in change of tone
:haw:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Cracker King posted:

Is there a joke here?

yeah, in the top left corner

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Cracker King posted:

Is there a joke here?

By Ramirez standards this is comedy gold

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Cracker King posted:

Is there a joke here?

This is an anti-Trump Ramirez. He's been doing a few.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

Save America- Defund Democrats and Fire Fauci!

Mount Rushmore is under attack. The lying mass media have been trotting out the America haters who claim the great landmark needs to be destroyed. Why? The usual pap—‘racism.’ The men on Mount Rushmore were all great and they played critical roles that made our country great. Cultural Marxism, treating people with respect and bolshevism be damned. The monument stays!

Dr. Fauci would destroy our national pride in a different way. Through permanent social distancing (division) and mask wearing, Americans are becoming dehumanized. Fauci knows a haphazard piece of dirty cloth over a mouth all day is unhygienic, but also ineffective as well as downright unhealthy. All it does is cause the hapless wearers to breathe in their own CO2 all day. What it’s really about is compliance. Get people used to genuflecting toward and obeying corrupt authorities hiding behind the seemingly omniscient word, ‘science.’

However, those supposedly practicing science can be corrupted like anyone else. The eugenicist Bill Gates has corrupted the medical field with his billions of dollars. What Gates has done would make Josef Mengele blush.

Our Founding Fathers would have none of Fauci’s nonsense and neither should we.

—Ben Garrison

PS Whoops…The “experts” were wrong again! Is anyone surprised?

A new Hydroxychloroquine study conducted by Henry Ford Health System revealed hydroxychloroquine successfully lowered the death rate among hospitalized COVID-19 patients by a significant margin.

According to Just The News the use of hydroxychloroquine cut the mortality rate of coronavirus victims in half.

DR. FAUCI DOWNPLAYED HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE 2 WEEKS AGO — NOW CONSIDERED “MOST EFFECTIVE THERAPY” FOR COVID-19 BY GLOBAL SURVEY OF DOCTORS

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
And here's the not yet posted Brancos I found.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Soooo. He divorced big strong daddy trump now?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grondoth posted:

This is an anti-Trump Ramirez. He's been doing a few.

The PoliToons thread just can't read Ramirez, it's a known fact. :shrug:

Ramirez is not a complete dumb rear end like Gorrell or Varvel or the McCoys or, god forbid, Garrison. He's evil, he can't draw faces and he's terrible with analogies, that's obvious. But he recognizes that Trump is not just a bumbling idiot, he's a liar and a threat to the republic. Of course he'll still grudgingly vote for Trump rather than Biden, but he probably bets the vote goes to President Penis Pence and either way there will be more conservative SCOTUS judges which is all that matters.

As Trump's ratings keep on falling, though, and if even Fox News abandons him, Ramirez might ditch him. Eventually Varvel might as well, at least if he gets told to by publishers. Garrison's gonna keep milking on QAnon folks.

Wipfmetz posted:

Soooo. He divorced big strong daddy trump now?

No, he's making fun of Fauci, a sad man who knows nothing. :sad:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I've taken a long break from this thread and a non terrible Mallard Fillmore is some Twilight Zone poo poo.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Fillmore was told to gently caress off and they have someone new writing it.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Ramirez, Paine, and a few others I'm not going to bother looking up have been salty about Trump since 2015. They didn't like that he said the quiet part out loud, and now they don't like that he's so dumb and obviously corrupt that it's hurting the GOP. You can't call them never-Trumpers because they totally voted for him and will again rather than vote for a Dem, but they aren't going to twist themselves into knots defending him like Branco and Garrison.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

there wolf posted:

Yeah, Ramirez, Paine, and a few others I'm not going to bother looking up have been salty about Trump since 2015. They didn't like that he said the quiet part out loud, and now they don't like that he's so dumb and obviously corrupt that it's hurting the GOP. You can't call them never-Trumpers because they totally voted for him and will again rather than vote for a Dem, but they aren't going to twist themselves into knots defending him like Branco and Garrison.

Garrison isn't twisting himself into knots; Garrison is goddamn Parsons here.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So what I gathered from these last weeks is that conservatives believes that statues and syrup bottles are the horcruxes that freedom of speech has placed parts of it's spirit in.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

For anyone curious, I checked out the cited study. While the numbers are basically correct (in that hydrox lowered mortality by about 50% compared to no treatment) the study is riddled with red flags. Patients weren't assigned to experimental groups randomly, and the hydrox group was given more steroids (which are already known to help fight the virus) than the other groups. Also, about 10% of the total study population wasn't counted in the final tally because they hadn't been discharged yet. Altogether, this study is bad enough that no conclusions should be based on it

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Alhazred posted:

So what I gathered from these last weeks is that conservatives believes that statues and syrup bottles are the horcruxes that freedom of speech has placed parts of it's spirit in.

I have to admit, I was *concerned* about Paw Patrol from the very first time I saw it when my sister's family was visiting last fall, it being my toddler niece's favorite show at the time.

Hell yeah, cancel that bitch. That show was bullshit copaganda from start to finish.

I get it, it's a cartoon with talking dogs and scheming cats and a snidely whiplash mayor (that's constantly having his crimes foiled by the completely trustworthy police force). But seriously, gently caress it.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I just love the crocodile tears over syrup and rice as if you won't be able to still purchase those exact same products albeit with a different name/logo maybe.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoyusTUFdl0

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kaza42 posted:

For anyone curious, I checked out the cited study. While the numbers are basically correct (in that hydrox lowered mortality by about 50% compared to no treatment) the study is riddled with red flags. Patients weren't assigned to experimental groups randomly, and the hydrox group was given more steroids (which are already known to help fight the virus) than the other groups. Also, about 10% of the total study population wasn't counted in the final tally because they hadn't been discharged yet. Altogether, this study is bad enough that no conclusions should be based on it

That's the conclusion I drew upon reading Henry Ford Health System, but I appreciate that you actually took the time to check.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Garrison posted:

What Gates has done would make Josef Mengele blush.

Why? Did he torture twins to death? That was Mengele's fetish.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Garrison isn't twisting himself into knots; Garrison is goddamn Parsons here.

Garrison is a tapeworm. No spine, no brain, and capable of contorting himself any way necessary to keep his comfy home up some rear end in a top hat. I'm not saying he's twisting against his conscious (he does not have one) just reality.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Gavin Williamson's advice for schools — Schools in England have been given few restrictions on how they will be able to operate when pupils return in autumn, but the welter of recommendations and advice has led headteachers to complain of ‘mind-boggling’ practical difficulties"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Fauci says US death toll 'going to be very disturbing' and fears 100,000 daily cases

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on the Leicester lockdown

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress off, BoB

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Johnny Walker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGEOjxtQtWc

Edit: Background is his character is a TV host that her husband works for and she gave away he was bald on TV. It's a pretty famous Dick Van Dyke Show thing.

oh neat, thanks, so a reference lost on anyone under... 70? :v:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Oh Dilbert...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

god I wish