Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ruffini posted:

I still have not killed the final boss in sekiro :ninja:

*reading this post* How my blood boils!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

it took me like two hours but i beat the ogre and immediately destroyed the general right after. this game makes you feel so cool when you win

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think Sekiro might be my favorite From game honestly.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sekiro might be the best game

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Windjammers

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think Sekiro might be my favorite From game honestly.

This

herculon posted:

Sekiro might be the best game

Actually, this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

almost done with Arkham asylum, just have to clean up some Riddler things and beat the game. wish I hadn't slept on this back in 2009, will probably play some of the sequels

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

PLayed and beat the Supraland DLC today, much more challenging than the base game, but less enjoyable also, kinda expected more out of it over just remixing the powers of the base game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

almost done with Arkham asylum, just have to clean up some Riddler things and beat the game. wish I hadn't slept on this back in 2009, will probably play some of the sequels

arkham asylum is great and if you liked riddler stuff City goes all in on them and using your gadgets for them. havent played knight but from all i heard its bloated to hell lol. Asylum and City are great games tho

Plebian Parasite posted:

PLayed and beat the Supraland DLC today, much more challenging than the base game, but less enjoyable also, kinda expected more out of it over just remixing the powers of the base game

this is the sale im finally buying supraland. so i take it i dont want to buy the dlc then?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm still playing Last Of Us 2 and this game is too loving long. I thought I was at the end and was getting a little tired of it and turns out I'm literally like halfway through lol. Don't think I'll finish this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

arkham asylum is great and if you liked riddler stuff City goes all in on them and using your gadgets for them. havent played knight but from all i heard its bloated to hell lol. Asylum and City are great games tho

my purchase came with city so I'll definitely play that. I liked the Riddler stuff and exploring more than the bosses. The only good combat parts of it are the stealth ones.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
city has an open world that doesnt go overboard like ubisoft poo poo, and more of the puzzles incorporate the gadgets. a lot of them are still trivial crap but they were over all more interesting. mr freeze is a cool fight, and they add every weapon to quickfire so you can do some cool stuff in regular fights too. its less focused than asylum tho

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knight is good fun, probably better than city, but I enjoyed the batmobile stuff.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

my purchase came with city so I'll definitely play that. I liked the Riddler stuff and exploring more than the bosses. The only good combat parts of it are the stealth ones.

the combat in the arkham games (at least asylum and city, haven't played others) is kinda weird because if you just go through the campaign it's pretty nothing but if you do the combat challenges you learn to clear rooms in one big, varied combo and it bleeds into how you play the regular game and the self-imposed challenge makes it more fun. or at least it did for me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dutchy posted:

the combat in the arkham games (at least asylum and city, haven't played others) is kinda weird because if you just go through the campaign it's pretty nothing but if you do the combat challenges you learn to clear rooms in one big, varied combo and it bleeds into how you play the regular game and the self-imposed challenge makes it more fun. or at least it did for me.

yea batman combat is like a rhythm game its a lot of fun

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dutchy posted:

hm. maybe I'll try the challenges before doing city so I get better at it. Right now it feels like I just mash normal punch and tossing an occasional curve ball at the knife guys

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I notice nobody even mentions origins, is it that bad?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

its fine but its a total rehash, even reusing much of the map from city

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yakuza holiday weekend continues, finished Youth of the Beast this morning and once I’m done with my coffee I’ll watch Tokyo Drifter, then back to Yakuza 5. I just got to Akiyama’s section, I’m liking him more in this one than in 4 since he’s partnered with Haruka from the beginning—I like the new protagonists a lot better as part of the team than when they’re holding a story section up on their own

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

its fine but its a total rehash, even reusing much of the map from city

Yeah I liked Origins and you will too if you’re enjoying the other games, it just doesn’t do much to stand out from the others

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Also GF is playing Hollow Knigth so Ive been watchign her do that and it seems like one of the best indie treasures of all time. Cant wait to play

It is and it’s wonderful

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah I liked Origins and you will too if you’re enjoying the other games, it just doesn’t do much to stand out from the others

Kay. Thx all.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

There is a cool/funny sequence where you infiltrate a police station and beat up cops who are just hanging around the station for an hour

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I guess I'll see if my wife is going to murder me for playong four open world Batman games in a row, but she made it through me singing "tomorrow we discover what Godd Howard has in store" like six times, so.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have a bunch of yakuza films in my watchlist like Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifters. Any recommendations are welcome

Youth of the Beast
Criterion Collection also has a Nikkatsu Noir collection of cheap crime films that rule

It's not explicitly a yakuza film but it's by Seijun Suzuki like a lot of these are and the title rules: Detective Bureau 2-3: Go to Hell Bastards!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Neverwinter Nights

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Morning coffee and dark souls 2. Iron Keep was kind of cool though there were the infamous heavy archers that made AL such a oval office. Not as bad here but there was just one that I found so maddening.

Lunch and EON now

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

gonna get jacked with ring fit adventure and then cool down with clubhousr games

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I woke up and I’m pretty sure I have Covid so I’m gonna stay inside and play dark souls 3 until I can get tested.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
DS3 for hours, weird whip builds

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ArfJason posted:

this is the sale im finally buying supraland. so i take it i dont want to buy the dlc then?

You should play the base game to see how much you like it, he already announced he probably wouldn't be putting it on sale too quickly like he did for supraland, so there's not really any rush to get the dlc.

I actually do have a humble bundle code for supraland...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive been playing ion fury and getting near the end now.

its better than shadow warrior but worse than blood, none if the weapons are super interesting but they all feel good and its nice that even the melee and starter pistol are powerful so you cycle weapons plenty throughout the game. they sort of hosed up by giving you all the weapons way too quickly and theres crazy no crazy late game super weapon so you lose the feeling of getting more powerful as you progress because you pretty much have everything by level 2.

also theres nowhere near enough enemy variety and way too much hitscan, enemies tend to miss if you keep moving but it doesnt feel as good as fireball dodging and seems more like luck. theres also an over reliance on the goddamn tiny spider enemy which loving sucks and exists only to suck up ammo or waste your time as you melee groups of 20.

otherwise most of the enemies are blasted apart real easy and even the more powerful ones get chewed up in second by dual wielded uzis and its super satisfying, the level design has been super impressive for the build engine but they spawn enemies in instead of using monster closets which feels super wierd and cheap for a throwback 90s style fps.

for now my final score is 3.5/5 dukes but may be subject to change on completion. heres to hoping for a duke vision patch in the future

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have a bunch of yakuza films in my watchlist like Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifters. Any recommendations are welcome

Sonatine is one of my favorites, has an amazing soundtrack by joe hisaishi. all of the battle without honor & humanity movies are cool too.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

gonna finish up my casual mode playthrough of mega man zero
i got halfway through normal mode and was super under powered, now that i'm in casual mode i'm realizing i should have been paying more attention to these cyber elves and leveling up my weapons...
i had been playing it too much like other mega man games just going stage to stage and fighting the bosses and not grinding for crystals to feed cyber elves with :shrug:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Started playing pathologic 2 and accidentally played for four hours. Game is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Started playing pathologic 2 and accidentally played for four hours. Game is cool

ice pick lodge recently shared all their current project plans which thankfully actually includes another pathologic 2 route, i never thought it would actually happen. here's a google doc with updates and what theyve been up to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQixeLBmhuB5g_vNnvimQcX8iBLfS51gLR9zmmU_-G8/edit enjoy playing pathologic 2 during an irl pandemic thats actually going worse

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

I woke up and I’m pretty sure I have Covid so I’m gonna stay inside and play dark souls 3 until I can get tested.

good luck

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cutting the endless summer of games short tomorrow because I get to go back to work yay!!!!!!! dark souls 2 and maybe something else idk

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008