Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make the logo a CEO, CMO, CFO, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spintzel posted:

Arent the KC chiefs named after a white guy who just called himself the chief and then started a Native American themed Boy Scout camp for other white people

Yeah I didn't know the whole story until relatively recently. I thought he was just the mayor who brokered the deal that brought the team in, and was called the Chief for mayoral reasons. The whole story about the Boy Scout 'tribe' he created to get that nickname is, uh, pretty icky.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Codependent Poster posted:

Kansas City Chefs

:hmmyes:

My autocorrect and constant typos also approve of this one.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Washington Redtails will absolutely be there new name and everyone will think it's awesome.

Until the logo is revealed to be a pilot in blackface.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kansas City Chefs

Andy Reid was disappointed when he found out it was actually the Chiefs he would be coaching.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kiimo posted:

Lose Warpaint, it scared Eric Berry into retirement. Lose the chop, it belongs to Florida State with the Seminole blessing. Lose the drum and don't lean in to the Native American imagery like headdresses in stands. If you have to, rename Arrowhead.

All that said the Chiefs could transition to the Kings or the Monarchs with ease and KC would like that.

They could just say that the "Chiefs" refers to a big, badass Celtic chieftain. Plenty of Neolithic flint arrowheads from the British Isles look like the logo anyhow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Andy Reid is The Chief. He is the mascot. The chop is replaced with his sandwich thumbs up

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
image how good it's gonna feel when football comes back for real in 2021

ratings are gonna be so good

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Jets have a lot to do with New York.

lol :yeshaha:

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

kiimo posted:

Lose Warpaint, it scared Eric Berry into retirement. Lose the chop, it belongs to Florida State with the Seminole blessing. Lose the drum and don't lean in to the Native American imagery like headdresses in stands. If you have to, rename Arrowhead.

All that said the Chiefs could transition to the Kings or the Monarchs with ease and KC would like that.

I don't like the idea of renaming the Chiefs, I know it's just football but burying all NA imagery feels kinda strange. Chief is an appropriate reference and not a literal slur like Washington.

But then I read this

Spintzel posted:

Arent the KC chiefs named after a white guy who just called himself the chief and then started a Native American themed Boy Scout camp for other white people

Why is everything so stupid. It always has to be the worst

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kansas City Chefs

Great googly moogly

How about the Kansas City Ribmaps?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Probably Magic posted:

Washington Oilers.

gently caress YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Corn Burst posted:

Lots of teams, but Florida is actually good at it (shocking I know). Buccaneers, Marlins, sun/stingrays, lightning, gators, dolphins... all things Florida related. Just missing the meth.

Hurricanes, Heat, Magic (meth)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Here are the betting odds for the next team name (courtesy of SportsBetting.ag)

Presidents +300
Generals +400
Lincolns +400
Americans +500
Kings +500
Memorials +500
Capitols +600
Veterans +600
Jeffersons +700
Roosevelts +700
Monuments +800
Arlingtons +1000
Those all suck

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Washington Capitals have already won a Stanley Cup - why not try win the Super Bowl?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm pretty okay with the Washington Generals, a team name famous for being clowned on and only ever winning by accident.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Washington Kings would be pretty funnny

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

you know some dipshit congress toad is gonna say "well they should be named the Washington Trumps because of what a good job he's done as president" and we're gonna get a bunch of incredibly dumb tweets about that while some suit at Nike fumes quietly

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I’d love to see the Kansas City Bombers, but that won’t happen

Smooth out the arrowhead borders, give it a sawtooth trailing edge, you got a B-2-ish logo

Won’t happen tho :(

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Better Than You posted:

Those all suck

DC Americans is peak :effort:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Washington Jeffersons. Get real weird with it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Washington Crackers

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

The Washington Booker T's

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mr. Fix It posted:

The Washington Booker T's

With the Shucky Ducky mascot.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Better Than You posted:

Those all suck

and yet are better than "Redskins"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ASAPRockySituation posted:

and yet are better than "Redskins"

Well, yeah. But we are jumping over a bar that's buried somewhere under the ground here, no reason they can't do something somewhat fun.

Well Dan Snyder is that reason, but in theory if we're wishing for things.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Washington Kings would be so mind boggling weird given the context of everything.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Washington Rays sponsored by Raytheon at Lockheed Martin Memorial Stadium presented by General Dynamics.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Washington Americans and keep the logo a respectful indication of Native Americans. Chaos option.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Fifty Three posted:

Washington Americans and keep the logo a respectful indication of Native Americans. Chaos option.

Washington *Real* Americans

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Raku posted:

Washington *Real* Americans

Hulk Hogan would be an appropriate mascot.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Washington Rays sponsored by Raytheon at Lockheed Martin Memorial Stadium presented by General Dynamics.

riffing off of this: The Washington Military-Industrial Complex. Make it a collective singular like the Stanford Cardinal since they also changed their mascot because it used to be racist

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Silly Burrito posted:

Hulk Hogan would be an appropriate mascot.

(the joke is the mascot is still an indian)

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Kalli posted:

I'm pretty okay with the Washington Generals, a team name famous for being clowned on and only ever winning by accident.
They cheat worse than the Patriots. But when the Generals did it, it was at least entertaining. In the game I attended they tried to control the basketball with silly RC hardware that was hastily slapped on, with hilarious results.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Better Than You posted:

Those all suck

Washington Sucks

Do it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My vote for the rename is the Kansas City Jazz

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Laslow posted:

They cheat worse than the Patriots. But when the Generals did it, it was at least entertaining. In the game I attended they tried to control the basketball with silly RC hardware that was hastily slapped on, with hilarious results.

Those knuckleheads!

fartknocker posted:

Do half the NFL any professional sport names have anything to do with the current geographic location of their team?

The Vikings sorta do since a lot of the European immigrant settlement in that area was Scandinavian and a lot of the people up there are at least of partial Scandinavian (mainly Norwegian and Swedish) descent.

although technically Viking isn’t an ethnic term but a role or occupation, pretty much an Old Norse word for pirate or seaborne raider. If a ye olden times Norse guy got pirated by a bunch of Arab pirates in the Mediterranean or non Norse Baltic people came by boat and burnt down his farm, he’d refer to those people as Vikings and he wouldn’t consider himself a Viking (as long as he is not sailing around, raiding and pillaging)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

on the other hand, I do consider myself a viking

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

sharknado slashfic posted:

on the other hand, I do consider myself a viking

:johnny-from-the-wire-say:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Calling your team the Vikings is worse than the Rapists tbh.

Rape is just a facet of the misery they wrought.