Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

idgi if stanley was killed for exposing the pedowood syndicate why did they let them make you were never really here. i mean that film goes way harder and direct than ews.

maybe it is a difference in the relationship between the people that would care and kubrick vs their total lack of relationship with lynne ramsay. if you or I made a youtube video attempting to expose them, nobody would care. if barack obama extremely hypothetically did, it would turn heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

still waiting for proof she is actually in custody tbh

there is no level of proof that will ever convince me that any billionaire has been or will ever be brought to justice for anything

nut
Jul 30, 2019

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Soooo following up on something from slightly earlier in the thread, about the 'lolita express' 727—it was noted that, very famously, the 727 is one of the few civil aircraft with a door that is practical to open while in flight.

following the db cooper incident, boeing modified 727s by adding a device, called the 'cooper vane,' to prevent the rear airstair from being opened in flight—it's literally just a spring-loaded piece of metal that rotates when pushed by the airflow to block the door from opening.

here's what it looks like up close:

and here's a randomly googled pic showing what it looks like from a little further away—you can see the little metal flap aft of the supporting strut for the stairs:

do we have any really hi-res pics of the tail of N908JE (also lmao at putting your initials in the N-number, how loving tacky) to see if it had a cooper vane installed? i found this photo, from 2002, of N908JE sitting on the ramp in copenhagen:

not quite able to tell... :tinfoil:

mamma mia

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

looks smooth to me

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah the weirdos that hang around airports and photograph everything are way more organized than the weirdos that hang around rail yards and photograph everything

https://www.airliners.net/search?registrationActual=N908JE

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Impkins Patootie posted:

looks smooth to me

computer: rotate lateral axis 90° clockwise to reveal the starboard side of the aircraft, zoom and enhance

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

twoday posted:

computer: rotate lateral axis 90° clockwise to reveal the starboard side of the aircraft, zoom and enhance

am i wrong

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

https://twitter.com/awildean/status/1279335800128385025?s=21

twoday
May 4, 2005

no idea, I'm curious if maybe it's only on one side, and not the side visible in these photos

also wondering who owned the aircraft before and whether it was produced before the DB Cooper incident and owned privately since then? Seems like it would be insanely old in that case

And also how common these things were

twoday
May 4, 2005

Found an article with pictures of the inside of the plane and it is extremely heavily modified. Was the back door still in use? Can someone figure out the layout of these rooms? It looks like the back most room was maybe converted into a shower?

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

twoday posted:

Found an article with pictures of the inside of the plane and it is extremely heavily modified. Was the back door still in use? Can someone figure out the layout of these rooms? It looks like the back most room was maybe converted into a shower?

this photo:

Impkins Patootie posted:

looks smooth to me

and this photo:

the second, which is from the article you posted Twoday shows a distinct lack of smoothness at the rear-underneath of the plane

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

twoday posted:

no idea, I'm curious if maybe it's only on one side, and not the side visible in these photos

also wondering who owned the aircraft before and whether it was produced before the DB Cooper incident and owned privately since then? Seems like it would be insanely old in that case

And also how common these things were

there is only one, it's installed on the left/port side, it was i think supposed to be installed on every 727 with working airstairs; wikipedia notes some airlines chose to disable the stairs outright. the article only cites a malcolm gladwell piece and a bruce scheiner book lmao. not sure if 727s with the stairs disabled still got the vane or not. guessing the relevant faa order is not available electronically.

jeffrey of PEDOS's airplane has definitely had some modification work done; the winglets at least are aftermarket. but anything you do to an airplane in general has to be in line with the published maintenance rules and approved parts lists

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hardon Crime posted:

this photo:

and this photo:

the second, which is from the article you posted Twoday shows a distinct lack of smoothness at the rear-underneath of the plane

Isn’t that the other wing

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

twoday posted:

Isn’t that the other wing

Could be but whatever it is fits the proportionality of the rear stairway nearly closed. Maybe someone with a keen eye can determine if the craft is being viewed at roughly a 90⁰ angle or if it's angled and banking such that the far wing could be mimicking the rear stairway

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Impkins Patootie posted:

looks smooth to me

zeroCool smoother

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
loving Air Canada.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
:eyepop:

A4R8 has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Nov 8, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jeffrey of PEDOS's airplane has definitely had some modification work done; the winglets at least are aftermarket. but anything you do to an airplane in general has to be in line with the published maintenance rules and approved parts lists

Lmao what, they don't have to do poo poo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

an investigation into last year's 737 MAX crashes found that Boeing never actually implemented the changes that the FAA told them to make for the plane's airworthiness

lol

lmao

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

shovelbum posted:

Lmao what, they don't have to do poo poo

one imagines that they want the plane not to fall down, though

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
So what's the implication here- that they're tossing victims out the back mid air?

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So what's the implication here- that they're tossing victims out the back mid air?

yep

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/lawyer-for-epstein-victims-thinks-ghislaine-maxwell-will-die-in-jail/

Same lawyer who correctly predicted Epstein would be murdered in jail before any testimonies could occur now predicts jizzmax will also be murdered in jail

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

mr epstein is dead because he had no code, because he had no honour, and because god was watching.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A4R8 posted:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/lawyer-for-epstein-victims-thinks-ghislaine-maxwell-will-die-in-jail/

Same lawyer who correctly predicted Epstein would be murdered in jail before any testimonies could occur now predicts jizzmax will also be murdered in jail

Yeah but like that's the easiest call since "Sun will probably rise in the east on the morrow"

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't think Maxwell will "commit suicide" in jail. It looks pretty clear that she struck a deal with the DOJ, so they'll probably wait until her end of the deal, most likely destruction of evidence, before she "commits suicide" by violently dismembering herself and placing the pieces in multiple oil drums buried in separate places.

EDIT: or by being violently throttled by Bill Barr on live TV while he screams "what the gently caress are you going to do about it" directly into the camera.

OutOfPrint has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Jul 4, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I keep saying, she’s gonna get corona’d

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

twoday posted:

A cynical conspiracy theorist or a James Bond-type spy thriller writer writing for his story's villain might speculate that one could convert the rear into a kind of dummy shower or one with a trap door to dump victims over the sea- though I would say this is unlikely.

I am guessing there is a combination of speed, altitude, etc. that a passenger could be released at to all but ensure they are killed on impact with the water, negating the need for a sea "clean up crew". I'm also thinking though that there must be some trace of the victims to wash ashore, unless they are eaten by sharks or something similar. If a person is showering, they aren't wearing any clothes that could wash up anywhere or be identified. Not weighing them down with anything would be relying entirely on sea life eating the victim. Currents could also be something taken into account, if you use the Gulf Stream that takes care of most anything that would wash up on US shores.

Speculation on the unknown logistics based on the known facts is enough to drive a person insane. I've wondered where the majority of victims went- and this was potentially one way to get rid of them. It's also a way to obscure the number of people going to and from the island- if an "extra" uncounted person is aboard leaving the island and is released in transit, the number of passengers debarking at Teterboro or wherever would be accurate, and no outsiders would know the VIPs had any company.

:tinfoil:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Wouldn't there be some bones or something, like those feet that washed up on sure? Seems sketch

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
personally imo i dont think jeffrey epstein and matt groening threw teens out of a rape plane when instead they could just take them to epsteins private rape ranch and do whatever there

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

those feet only survived because they were snuggly tucked into hard to bite shoes

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Giga Gaia posted:

personally imo i dont think jeffrey epstein and matt groening threw teens out of a rape plane when instead they could just take them to epsteins private rape ranch and do whatever there

throwing people out of chopper into a body of water is common, we taught the tactic at the school of the americas

disposing of a person from the air over isolated waters is so much safer than putting a body in boat, weighing it down, and driving the boat far enough out that all the minor multi millionaire yachts and pizza delivery boats cant see you

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Jul 4, 2020

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
It's reveal day on CDAN, y'all! :dance: We already got 1 Epstein-related blind revealed.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Whatever happened with that ranch anyway

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

twoday posted:

New Mexico seized it iirc

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

twoday posted:

all i can find are some 2019 articles about new mexico trying to take back the state land that he had leased and that its the only epstein property not raided by the fed. also two people got arrested for burglary there a couple weeks ago

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

cops protecting dead epstein property extremely on brand

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I’m not deep into Princess Di lore but was Khan killing her because she discovered he planned TWA 800 a thing being passed around?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nikosoft posted:

It's reveal day on CDAN, y'all! :dance: We already got 1 Epstein-related blind revealed.

yes. hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ah man there go our JFK jr theories