Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think first there's going to be drama about Cassidy disappearing off the face of the earth straight after falling out with the gang.

Bonus guess: Once Undine, Kokoro et al do learn and process the fact that she's dead, it will be revealed that she isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

rannum posted:

Although more realistically I expect Goops to find Undine & Kokoro and brag about it to them

It would pull Undine out of her delusion she can keep the others safe by not telling them about the crazy murderghost or whatever it is Goops is supposed to be.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Not that Cass would have nessasarly bought that.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

rannum posted:

I took the Odd part being that she hurt her.

That was my take as well, maybe with a side of some remnant of Cassidy is now influencing Goopi

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Past couple Monster Pulses really coming to a head on the Bina situation

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rannum posted:

I took the Odd part being that she hurt her.

I suppose there's nothing saying she COULDN'T be damaged by a magical girl but it seems substantial this is the first time we saw it actually happen, even if she did kind of shrug it off

Yeah I think that the Odd part is her lashing out and injuring Goops, who was previously untouchable

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My hope is that Goops carries around that injury for the rest of her existence in the comic. From hell's heart, I stab at thee!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
drat, sucks they couldn’t form a team with her because Cass was clearly a hell of a fighter to pull that off :smith:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Was rereading the chapter to see Cass' team again (https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-11 )and
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-10

Hey, assuming this damage sticks, Cassidy made sure they'll know goops can be fought, kind of :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Pay attention to the Roshambo hands on the shield pattern.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-23 - scissors everywhere
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-24 - scissors bottom, paper top
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-25 - paper everywhere
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-26 - around Goops: scissors bottom, rock topfirst; then in the "odd" panel, papers everywhere

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
On a meta level, this is the only page so far that features her that has alt-text and maybe that's worth noting... but probably not.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

TwoPair posted:

On a meta level, this is the only page so far that features her that has alt-text and maybe that's worth noting... but probably not.

Someone told me that on the Discord Cagle explained that this page can have alt text because it has a panel after Goopy has left.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's okay, I saw Cassidy's parachute.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Cassidy went to live on a farm up-City. You wouldn't know it, but it's super nice.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Webcomics goons, help:

What webcomic is Dr. Dogballs Jr's AV taken from?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Applewhite posted:

Webcomics goons, help:

What webcomic is Dr. Dogballs Jr's AV taken from?

That style reminds me of Julian Glander but I'm not sure.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Numero6 posted:

That style reminds me of Julian Glander but I'm not sure.

Yup! The comic I was thinking of is called “Please Look At Me.”

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Speaking of goops, I keep looking at that second to last panel and seeing how hosed up the left side of her face is now and it makes me feel good. Also that we now know goops can be damaged and that’s apparently a surprise even to her. gently caress goops.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Her tactics really haven't changed as much as she implied they would, put monsters in the city and find targets of opportunity to take direct action in.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Twibbit posted:

Her tactics really haven't changed as much as she implied they would, put monsters in the city and find targets of opportunity to take direct action in.

she spawned way more monsters and is playing a more active distraction. This is the first time she's physically interacted with anyone, I think, that's pretty notable

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Dear Goops,

Talk poo poo, get hit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Drinky Crow! Oh no!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

haha, kaaaa-boooom. i get it

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Rue and Zoe being a good team is a great salve after all the Cassidy stuff.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Cup Runneth Over posted:

haha, kaaaa-boooom. i get it

...gently caress. I missed that at first

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if there's going to be a lot more than just Cass dead/gone missing once morning comes.

Not saying this comic needs a[n offscreen] magical girl massacre, but they really emphasized the increased monsters several times, goops played a more active role and it'd be a little weird if Cassidy was the only victim in all this and purely because goop got involved to take down one (1) magical girl

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

rannum posted:

Not saying this comic needs a[n offscreen] magical girl massacre,

They already had one.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The alt text for the new page makes think that the night isn’t quite over yet. Isn’t known that even after last call and the barrier is getting ready to down there may still be a monster presence that may require “mopping up” while the girls are on their way home?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Re: Sleepless Domain:

Cassidy unraveling instead of re-materializing as a bunch of humorously sliced up people bits is interesting. There's definitely an opening there for her not to be dead, since the slices across her two forms don't line up perfectly. A metal multi-layered scar from her two halves having to merge and fuse over the places her two halves had to fill in for each other would be cool, with the added danger that she might not be able to split apart any more.

In other comics news: Tiger, Tiger just finished a chapter and the end of the first book, which apparently means it's 1/3rd done. The last chapter had a lot of great backstory on how Remy and Jamis met and became uh.... buds.

Also pecs:

https://twitter.com/ragingwoodcock/status/1247307503173603328

lots and lots of pecs
https://twitter.com/pepurika/status/1272990346939641857

Ludo getting her own monster crush still seems to be a bit off, but the ending of the last chapter is intriguing. I wonder what it means that Luck looks to be subconsciously influenced into wanting to be with Ludo rather than smashing the ship to pieces? I've kind of figured for a while that the deep sea god has a special interest in Ludo since she's probably the only person on the planet deeply enthusiastic about deep sea sponges, but I wonder what more there is to that.

I'm also interested to see how Tiger, Tiger handles the "New World" idea. The setting so far has been a more diverse 18th century Europe analog, and it's been unclear what exactly Remy's crew does to earn money journeying across the ocean. Reaping the rewards of brutal imperialism and colonization? Peaceful trading with the native people? Both? Neither? I guess we'll find out soon.

Petra's main twitter is also excellent for primo pet drawings:
https://twitter.com/petra_nordlund/status/1262486457391947776

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 19, 2020

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Tiger, Tiger is so good. I really like how (unusually for webcomics) she looked hard and carefully at something that wasn't really working - I liked Prague Race a lot, but man was it starting to ramble - and just chucking it and starting over, learning from what she'd done before. Even just the small point of people telling her "Prague Race is... kinda white, you know?" and not digging her heels in, but just saying "y'know, you're right!" and making her fake 18th century Europe ethnically diverse. (Diverse in terms of openness to sexual orientations too, but that's a Webcomics Given.)

I also like how Luck is turning out to be kind of a dumbass in addition to being a scary powerful seal? dog? monster, sexy dumbasses being some of my favorite kinds of villain.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Tiger, Tiger is so good. I really like how (unusually for webcomics) she looked hard and carefully at something that wasn't really working - I liked Prague Race a lot, but man was it starting to ramble - and just chucking it and starting over, learning from what she'd done before. Even just the small point of people telling her "Prague Race is... kinda white, you know?" and not digging her heels in, but just saying "y'know, you're right!" and making her fake 18th century Europe ethnically diverse. (Diverse in terms of openness to sexual orientations too, but that's a Webcomics Given.)

I also like how Luck is turning out to be kind of a dumbass in addition to being a scary powerful seal? dog? monster, sexy dumbasses being some of my favorite kinds of villain.

It's really nice! And a very detailed, interesting world so far, too. That's why I'm curious how she'll approach the new world and what it's like, since that's a really big nasty pit of spikes that are easy to fall into.

I'm still thinking at least part of Luck's dumbassery might be influenced by whatever happened when they bit Ludo, and I'm sure their meeting and sticking together is probably tied to the deep sea god having a vested interest in the one person who appreciates deep sea life enough to make it her life's goal to study it, but it's vague enough now that I'm still wondering to what degree and how that will shape up, too.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 19, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-28

geeze harley

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Bud looking old as hell

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Was it for comedic effect, or did these monsters have some make-you-old-temporarily powers?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
She has laser vision, right? It's probably eye strain from Too Many Lasers.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

She has laser vision, right? It's probably eye strain from Too Many Lasers.

I think the lasers come from her Options.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm assuming that overusing magic powers just leaves you kind of withered. It's not just her eyes that are worn out. Bud's powers seem like the kind of thing that takes a lot of juice.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I don't think she's literally withered I think she's just Comically Tired to contrast Harley having more serious looking scrapes and bleeding

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, she just looks worn tf out. Looks like it was an exceptionally rough night for everyone, so I wonder if any other MGs got got like Cassidy did.

Poor Cassidy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, she just looks worn tf out. Looks like it was an exceptionally rough night for everyone, so I wonder if any other MGs got got like Cassidy did.

Poor Cassidy.
I feel like it'll be an exceptionally rough night for MG groups, but a potentially fatal night for loners. Cassidy is an extremely good fighter, but she got into trouble because there was nobody to watch her back(s), because she blew off her team after having a rough-rear end day. This is not to victim blame! I just think the reality of being a magical girl gets so normalized for those involved they can sometimes forget there are reasons they're encouraged to group up that surpass social dynamics, and both times we've seen that sort of team break-down it's ended badly.

With Cassidy specifically I think there's another layer where HP has been fighting on her own for so long and been fine, so when Cassidy needed a) space and b) to vent frustration, it seemed like a really good idea to split off from her team for a night and just whale on monsters.