Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

That loving last panel. Imagining exactly what's happening is so clear and it looks badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Solomon looks happy.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I'm going to laugh if White Chain invents her own martial art.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Salami lookin a lil bemeaused in the last panel

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Solomon totally sees both bodies. Look at how his eyes cut to page right in panel 5.

This isn't going to work :(

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Yeah he side eyes her real body and plants his feet, causing a dramatically timed purple lighting bolt to flash as he starts up Ki-Rata. Right now both her bodies look like they are hanging in midair.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 1, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Yeah he side eyes her real body and plants his feet, causing a dramatically timed purple lighting bolt to flash as he starts up Ki-Rata. Right now both her bodies look like they are hanging in midair.

Ki Rata doesn't involve crackling energy like his hands had last page. He's keying, or doing both.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Stands

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

MikeJF posted:

Ki Rata doesn't involve crackling energy like his hands had last page. He's keying, or doing both.

They definitely look like they are just hanging there, though, which is consistent with what Ki Rata does. I'd go for both over something with just the key.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hypocrisy posted:

Solomon looks happy.

the first interesting thing to happen in a finals match in centuries

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I'm never right about stuff like this, but I'm just gonna throw it out there:

We can see all of 82's ash body. We can see all of Solomon David's body. We can't see all of 82's angel body. And we don't know that 82 can't create a feint angel body.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

This is the part of the fight where someone makes copies of themselves to put pressure on the enemy.

It never works because the copies are individually weaker and can't land a hit.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

M_Gargantua posted:

You can't just reuse the move you improvised yesterday! Can only hope that the alt text means its a double fake out.

"Improvisation is not typically an angel tactic but White Chain's learned from the best"

Whoever guessed she was gonna employ Allison's "Fall off a Balcony" technique is kind of right

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable
There will be a third white chain under his feet ready to surprise him

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

nimby posted:

This is the part of the fight where someone makes copies of themselves to put pressure on the enemy.

It never works because the copies are individually weaker and can't land a hit.

falling prey to the inverse ninja law, classic mistake

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
RIP White Chain, died doing what she loves, fist fighting while fabulous.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dave is going to duck, White Chain is going to punch themselves in both faces, and self-KO.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
All that buildup for an utter wiff and then pivot to something apocalypticly destroying the suns would be quite the fake out.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

shirts and skins posted:

RIP White Chain, died doing what she loves, fist fighting while fabulous.

Pro-level post/av combo here.

There’s a lot of parody potential with “Pepper” and characters from K6BD...

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Very KSBD page

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Solomon was manifesting his crown in the first panel and then it winked out to just a flame in the later panels. Uncertainty?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Damnit the patreon preview is in my inbox and I must resist opening.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A reminder for page 777 that Royalty is a continuous posting motion

:justpost:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MikeJF posted:

its good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i will not discuss the content but the patreon is Worth It

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

MikeJF posted:

Why? Just read it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You should all support Patreon for this goodness. Then be royal like me and not look at the previews until a few days later.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Nice thing about Patreon previews is you can't see the coloring or text, so you still have a reason to see the comic. I signed up for Operant's Patreon mostly for the art tutorials and when you see pages as lineart only you really get to appreciate how good the coloring is. Operant is great at a lot of things, but I think his coloring takes the cake.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Mindblast posted:

Why? Just read it.

I prefer to see the full page first in it's finished glory, and then look at sketches or in-process stuff. It's just a personal preference thing; it feels like watching a behind-the-scenes or commentary version of a movie before you've seen the main feature. :shrug:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Just started reading this yesterday after seeing it recommended in the gunnerkrigg thread. Taking it slow and back-reading the thread for all the theories in tandem to reading the actual comic. I don’t know I'll keep doing that but it seems good so far. I think otherwise I'd miss a lot of details.

But then I saw that the current page number was 777 so figured I should post :kiddo:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
STRAP IN

Reminder that Krayu Mat is the progenitor angelic martial art, exercised back when they were primordial demigods of size and power, in which the fires of your existence are used for the sole purpose of annihilating your opponent.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Oh, right, link

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1279638231122919426?s=20

"This technique was invented on the spot by White Chain and would rarely, if ever, be used again by any Angel"

with the undertext being "KRAYU MAT, TWIN SOUL FORM"

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

No one could survive that much dust.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah my first thought was “ah hell it’s an all concealing dust cloud, she’s doomed”

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWVNcXcjU8w

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
This is classic Dragon Ball Z except its many punches instead of rapid-fire energy blasts making the giant dust cloud that NO ONE could survive in. I wonder which version Solomon will go for, standing there unharmed as the dust cloud clears, or emerging from the dust cloud to kick/hit White Chain right in the face.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

ElBrak posted:

This is classic Dragon Ball Z except its many punches instead of rapid-fire energy blasts making the giant dust cloud that NO ONE could survive in. I wonder which version Solomon will go for, standing there unharmed as the dust cloud clears, or emerging from the dust cloud to kick/hit White Chain right in the face.

Standing there unharmed is smugger, emerging from the cloud fits the tempo of the scene better. Could go either way.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Stardust Crusaders, except Jotaro is as good a martial artist as Joseph was in his prime. And he can fight with his Stand at the same time he fights with his body.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hypocrisy posted:

No one could survive that much dust.

Vigilant Gaze would disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cat Mattress posted:

Vigilant Gaze would disagree.

From within the dust we hear heavy coughing, followed by "That did it once again; HO THERE!!"; finding Vigilant Gaze standing in the arena when the dust clears, and Solomon David sitting in the stands with Allison and Cio looking smug.