Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Will Shipley committed to Clemson. He his listed as a all purpose back but we recruited him as a RB

https://twitter.com/willshipley2021/status/1257748634696921088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

And the VT recruiting momentum everyone wrote about at the end of March/start of April? DEAD.

So dead, we had a guy that was telling other recruits he was coming to VT weeks ago heading to ND and our center piece (a top 100 player QB from Texas) finally decided to decommit and look at his options. Who can blame him?

Fuente had this cycle to win games and recruiting, and it looks like the latter was always the ghost it was that produced a 70th+ recruiting class last year.

At least the Vols are killing it so I can be hopeful for one alma mater I guess.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

some of ya'll have bagmen who aren't following social distancing guidelines

lol @ the number of commits that Ohio State has gotten since everything shut down

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

lol @ the number of commits that Ohio State has gotten since everything shut down

I didnt come here to play quarantine.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ehud posted:

i have a theory that Midwest schools do better when no one can physically visit the campus and just have to take it on faith that it's actually very nice

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

i have a theory that Midwest schools do better when no one can physically visit the campus and just have to take it on faith that it's actually very nice

Columbus is a fun town.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Regnevelc posted:

Columbus is a fun town.

So fun, in fact, that theyve all migrated to South Carolina.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I'm hoping this keeps some miami kids home but i know it won't.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://twitter.com/BlairRIVALS/status/1257392610106359808

Good race for 1st

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee still got those big crootin dollars

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee still got those big crootin’ dollars

Moonshinin has its perks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
:dadjoke: Looks like Kansas is trying to do more with Les

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Is Pruitt going the Butch Jones route where I'm going to have to learn about new colors of shirts to figure out what the hell's going on with the signings?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I wonder why TCU and Washington are at the bottom with the academic schools, the national power who can afford to be extremely picky, and the school that doesn't give a poo poo about recruiting

While Tennessee will not be able to pull in talent like they did in the 90s when both Bama and Georgia were down, Tennessee can still pull in talent as Butch Jones demonstrated. Of course you've still got to develop and deploy said talent properly, e.g. Alvin Kamara

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa has a top 10 class! They started getting fairly picky and honing in on guys they think are a really good fit for the team/school after they got bit by heavy attrition for a few classes in a row. They've also started filling up their classes really early and avoid noncommitable offers as much as they realistically can, so they have fewer offers to throw out. They already have 15 commits so they only have 5 or 6 spots to fill before moving on to next year

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 7, 2020

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Godzilla07 posted:

I wonder why TCU and Washington are at the bottom with the academic schools, the national power who can afford to be extremely picky, and the school that doesn't give a poo poo about recruiting

While Tennessee will not be able to pull in talent like they did in the 90s when both Bama and Georgia were down, Tennessee can still pull in talent as Butch Jones demonstrated. Of course you've still got to develop and deploy said talent properly, e.g. Alvin Kamara

TCU is pretty much Texas-only. So that's basically 80 of the Texas Top 100

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Is Pruitt going the Butch Jones route where I'm going to have to learn about new colors of shirts to figure out what the hell's going on with the signings?

We currently have 18 committed and I think we can take 26-27 this year so probably not. I'm guessing a few of those guys either decommitt or get asked to look elsewhere. There's at least 3 4* and 2 more 5* that we're in on that looks promising, so even taking them there's plenty of room.

Still a long time before NSD so who knows what happens though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Joey Freshwater posted:

We currently have 18 committed and I think we can take 26-27 this year so probably not. I'm guessing a few of those guys either decommitt or get asked to look elsewhere. There's at least 3 4* and 2 more 5* that we're in on that looks promising, so even taking them there's plenty of room.

Still a long time before NSD so who knows what happens though.

it's gonna be wild when visits are back on.

We're gonna see record decommitments, I think.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

Washington always had a low number under Petersen with his OKG thing, thought it'd change under Lake but maybe not.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tennessee has 3 more commits today:

4* QB Kaiden Salter from Texas
4* DT Katron Evans from Maryland
4* LB Aaron Willis from Maryland (same schools as Evans)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kaidon Salter

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Godzilla07 posted:

Idk I see at least one academic school up near the top

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Got a DT named Biggers lmao

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

At least one of my alma maters gets it.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Zach Evans enrolled at TCU, ghosting everyone once interested in him.

https://twitter.com/jclarkhfb/status/1259853449065308178?s=21

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Tennessee signs 2* kicker Charlie Brown from Minnesota

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ugh well that's going to bring our rank average down

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Hey the kid's got talent, it's his holder that sucks.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

The Big Jesus posted:

Got a DT named Biggers lmao

Wisconsin has a TE recruit named Cam Large

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon proves it's ready to be big time, 2020 signee charged with attempted murder
https://247sports.com/Article/Oregon-Ducks-football-Luke-Hill-arrested-on-eight-different-charges-147338890/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

we got jon kitna's kid

you're all hosed now

https://twitter.com/KitnaJalen/status/1265319583826788352?s=20

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This kid will probably never be a starter, but he's got a 5* name

https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/status/1268945767634481152

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Mike_V posted:

This kid will probably never be a starter, but he's got a 5* name

https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/status/1268945767634481152

CB has not been a particularly bright spot for Mizzou in a while, I wouldn't rule anything out. 5*, possibly 6* name

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/InsideCarolina/status/1278069940138975234

Mack Brown pulling 5*s to UNC :eyepop:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If Mack can let his coaches coach, there is no reason UNC can't actually become what people for decades have said they should be.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
After a woeful start on signing day, Sumlin has done a decent job recruiting for the team, apparently his Zoom game is on point. Of course at this point after Arizona being really gung-ho about having football no matter what, right now it actually looks like cancellation of the season is the more likely option.

Rick fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 1, 2020

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rick posted:

After a woeful start, Sumlin has done a decent job recruiting for the team after the woeful state things looked on signing day, apparently his Zoom game is on point. Of course at this point after Arizon being really gung-ho about having football no matter what, right now it actually looks like cancellation is the more likely option.

That's kind of the perfect Sumlin season really.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really need to hire a copy editor for the posts I make before noon.

General Dog posted:

That's kind of the perfect Sumlin season really.

Hahah, yeah.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Caleb Williams, much to everyone's surprise, has committed to OU.

Brock Vandagriff decommits? Oh no big deal, just go grab the #1 QB instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Pobrecito posted:

Caleb Williams, much to everyone's surprise, has committed to OU.

Brock Vandagriff decommits? Oh no big deal, just go grab the #1 QB instead.

Can't really argue their success at putting QBs in the nfl especially under Riley. When Brady left LSU I think that essentially sealed the deal. Maryland probably only made it to his top 3 by being the local school.

If the train of first round QBs continues they will probably end up with a five star every other year. Rattler has only thrown the ball 11 times at the college level and is already top 5 Heisman odds. Assuming he lives up to his potential Caleb Williams will probably take over as a redshirt freshman.

I'm honestly more impressed at Grinch stealing 4 star cornerback Latrell McCutchin from Alabama.