Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

this is illegal and the cops are on their way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Miss Broccoli posted:

whats the strategy for sirius when he does everlasting fire into quad die cause ive failed 2 fights in a row dying to that 5 times each
I've bricked more sirus fights than I care to admit due to loving up the last phase. I found my real problem was losing track of him. You need to keep a bead on the real one and watch his teleport directions carefully.

I watched a bunch of videos on the fight, and this was probably my favorite. It shows the trail he leaves after teleporting very clearly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaiIZi5dRjs

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 5, 2020

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
How do you get 6 white links without corrupting it?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

How do you get 6 white links without corrupting it?

There's a "turn a random socket white" plantcraft

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Also vorici

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Vorici won't make something 6W on his own. 3W max. You can't use his bench on something that already has white sockets.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Oh that's totally fair - good point.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

I'm bouncing hard off of my league starter (VD/DD necro) and want a build, preferably a bow build, that's good for boss-killing. Toxic Rain looks like the winner's choice, does anyone have a guide they recommend?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Baneling Butts posted:

I'm bouncing hard off of my league starter (VD/DD necro) and want a build, preferably a bow build, that's good for boss-killing. Toxic Rain looks like the winner's choice, does anyone have a guide they recommend?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/h0rk3p/toxic_rain_311_build/

or if you prefer a video guide,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9eOYygC61k

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

Vorici won't make something 6W on his own. 3W max. You can't use his bench on something that already has white sockets.

Does that mean you can start with him if you want to turn all sockets white? Like, get your six link, turn the first three sockets white with Vorici and then start plantcrafting?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

That's what I was thinking when I originally posted. It reduces the number of seeds you have to spend on average. But it has to be step one.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

Does that mean you can start with him if you want to turn all sockets white? Like, get your six link, turn the first three sockets white with Vorici and then start plantcrafting?

:eyepop:
Dare I go for the all-white Triadgrip? Is there build out there for all-chaos damage minions?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
Dare I go for the all-white Triadgrip? Is there build out there for all-chaos damage minions?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Xloctis/chKadYvirSgin

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ohhh its animated weapons too. I could never afford the pure white Triadgrip, but this league I can just craft it myself!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I have no idea if it's any good, I just found it sitting there on poe.ninja

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Cluster jewels turned out to be a big boost to damage for my bleed bow glad, thanks whoever mentioned it. All I have to do now is save up for a 6l lioneye's remorse.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Baneling Butts posted:

lol I bounced off tr trickster and am about to get to maps on vd ss necro

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
TR trickster is smooth sailing into low reds on 1ex of equipment (6l silverbough) and slow but steady progress on high reds. a fancy +3 bow turned high reds into smooth sailing for me too, but sirus at any level was a brick loving wall for me. i'm not sure what i was missing.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Miss Broccoli posted:

whats the strategy for sirius when he does everlasting fire into quad die cause ive failed 2 fights in a row dying to that 5 times each

If you're losing track of him consistently, the best thing to do in the final phase is to not even try to deal damage during the beam phase until after he's done the die barrage. Focus on nothing but avoiding the beams and tracking his movements. He looks in the direction he's about to teleport but it's faster and harder to catch when he does it right after finishing up the beams. Staying toward the center can give you a bit more visibility as well. Even if you don't know exactly where he is, if you have a general idea, you're pretty safe to start jumping the beams clockwise or counter clockwise with a movement skill when he announces the windup.

It's also worth remembering that the quad beams don't deal damage, just slow and increased damage taken. Depending on your build, you may be ok to mash a quicksilver+silver and barrel through them in an emergency. Once you've avoided the die barrage, you have a long period where he'll throw out pretty weak single beams that should be survivable and/or avoidable even with stacks on you. If you're really getting hosed up by the slow, kaom's roots will let you ignore it entirely. Could be worth switching to for the fight.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Jinnigan posted:

TR trickster is smooth sailing into low reds on 1ex of equipment (6l silverbough) and slow but steady progress on high reds. a fancy +3 bow turned high reds into smooth sailing for me too, but sirus at any level was a brick loving wall for me. i'm not sure what i was missing.

I got my first, and only, Sirus kill on my tr trickster on woke level 0 after I got my +3 bow.

I'm still terrible at it, obviously, but for me I have to focus hard on dodging and keeping an eye on the mechanics. Drop pods as I can, but most of his "oh you hosed up!" are one-shots.

For reference, I have about 5k health. I had to do some juggling to get that much.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Any craftgods out there have an idea on how to make a good bleed elder Citadel bow?

I have been throwing nearly every ilvl 73+ seed at my base bow...basically chaos spamming it. But I haven't seen the bonus bleed damage mod once..even if I do see it, if the rest of the mods suck I don't exactly know how to fix it. Other than getting lucky with the targeted anuls.

Should I just buy some corroded fossils and try to force it?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

LeninVS posted:

Any craftgods out there have an idea on how to make a good bleed elder Citadel bow?

I have been throwing nearly every ilvl 73+ seed at my base bow...basically chaos spamming it. But I haven't seen the bonus bleed damage mod once..even if I do see it, if the rest of the mods suck I don't exactly know how to fix it. Other than getting lucky with the targeted anuls.

Should I just buy some corroded fossils and try to force it?

Its probably easier to fossil craft it with jagged+corroded till you get the bleed prefix and another mod or two you want and then use seeds to finish the item.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

This is cool but it made me realize why I'm bouncing off of this league: The most ridiculous things you can do with this league gimmick all amount to "now imagine how much I can get for trading this" and I hate engaging with trade. Give me another lootsplosion league.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

This is cool but it made me realize why I'm bouncing off of this league: The most ridiculous things you can do with this league gimmick all amount to "now imagine how much I can get for trading this" and I hate engaging with trade. Give me another lootsplosion league.

Why do you need to trade when you can craft your own super OP gear yourself? This is the opposite of trade league, this is Solo league.

puravida
Jan 4, 2019

Baneling Butts posted:

I’d honestly have to advise against TR trickster. It’s very, very difficult to get decent damage and clearspeed on the build without a LOT of +1 skills equipment, I’ve been struggling even in low yellow maps because the DPS just isn’t there and I can’t afford a 6-link at the moment.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

puravida posted:

I’d honestly have to advise against TR trickster. It’s very, very difficult to get decent damage and clearspeed on the build without a LOT of +1 skills equipment, I’ve been struggling even in low yellow maps because the DPS just isn’t there and I can’t afford a 6-link at the moment.

It's not a lot of equipment - it's just a bow. I got my +3 for 5ex, but it was corrupted and happened to have the right sockets. Normally they are 7-8ex. I think TR is really popular this league.

Before that you can use a garbage rare bow with +1 to something useful, and after that a 5-link Silverbough for a whopping 20c. Drop in an Empower for 8c (although there are 1-3c listings too). I don't know which "normal" 6-link gem you'd drop for Empower, just play around in POB.

But even before any +skill gear (bow or amulet), I was clearing yellow maps and conquerors just fine with like...probably 30-40c worth of gear? And I only started late Delerium and I'm terrible at everything. Once I had Silverbough + Empower I had progressed into reds where everything continued to die fine so long as I got out of the fire.

xZAOx posted:

I got my first, and only, Sirus kill on my tr trickster on woke level 0 after I got my +3 bow.

I'm still terrible at it, obviously, but for me I have to focus hard on dodging and keeping an eye on the mechanics. Drop pods as I can, but most of his "oh you hosed up!" are one-shots.

For reference, I have about 5k health. I had to do some juggling to get that much.

Just killed Sirus for my second time, at 5 woke. Even had 2 portals left over! 1 was a garbage death due to just trying to get back to him and the storms being in stupid spots. I hate that their hit box is larger than their graphic.

Edit: Honestly, the hardest part of this build, following Esoro's YT guide, is Atziri's boots - although it kind of is applicable to lesser degrees with all the gems. It's a lot of blue and red gems for gear that's mainly dex. Mine worked out so that I needed 4 reds on Atziri's Step which is basically impossible. I had 2 reds on the boots that I was using for CWDT + IC (and just not the other 2 red gems in the link). Through dumb luck (remember, I'm terrible at the game), I had Vorici come up in Research, got +2 white sockets, and he turned the two non-red to two whites. Although with harvest crafts you can definitely buy your way to all the white sockets you want, although I'm sure it's not cheap.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 5, 2020

puravida
Jan 4, 2019

xZAOx posted:

It's not a lot of equipment - it's just a bow. I got my +3 for 5ex, but it was corrupted and happened to have the right sockets. Normally they are 7-8ex.

Yup, I’m following Esoro’s guide and have a 5L Silverbough, lv20 Toxic Rain and lv2 Empower taking the damage ascendanies first. In POB each pod is only around 70000 DPS which makes clearing and mapping pretty difficult - stuff eventually dies but its not particularly smooth or quick.

Even with Malevolence, 15 stacks of Wither and Despair the damage isn’t great - bosses will move out of your pods often too, which tanks your DPS. For a barebones starter maybe TR Trickster can work, but if someone is rolling a new character this league I definitely wouldn’t suggest it.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm doing TR on a pathfinder with Quill Rain and Carcass Jack :madmax:

Would like to get my hands on some cluster jewels, even though they've been nerfed.. Managed AL6 Sirus the other day, and just recently anointed Hardened Scars for some Fortify. Level 93 and 2 stones away from a full atlas.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
What is the trick to use the drat horticolting bench? I have it attached to a yellow chain, I run some seeds, and nothing shows up at the bench. What's the missing step?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The bench is used for storing crafts. After you harvest, click on a craft and you'll see a (not very distinguishable) button on the left to let you store it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

BitterAvatar posted:

What is the trick to use the drat horticolting bench? I have it attached to a yellow chain, I run some seeds, and nothing shows up at the bench. What's the missing step?

On the left of the craft there will be a button to send it to a connected horticrafting station.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Does anyone ever use Forbidden Power as an occultist? It feels completely out of place on an ascendancy that is mostly focused on DOTs. poe.ninja says that only 4% of all occultists use it.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Vulpes posted:

On the left of the craft there will be a button to send it to a connected horticrafting station.

Sonuvabitch

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What's the deal with explode chests? I picked one up today and tried it out. I have a lot of physical scaling, and definitely I could explode some dudes, but I wasn't getting any kind of chain reaction. I swapped in a herald of ash, but pretty much the same thing. Now, I know the herald is not scaling well in my build, but I'm still curious about the mechanics behind explode chest. I'd like to be able to pop a legion in one hit basically, but my clear speed was only ~10% better.

I flipped the chest for a 10 chaos loss on a 9ex transaction, so no harm done, but I'm not seeing the hype right now. Of course I'm also comparing it to my current chest that has +115 life, +%10 life, and 'quality gives life' with 44% quality, so I might be biased as even a t1 life explode chest gives me like... -500 health.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

ugh okay i'm gonna bail out of redemption sentries because i'm godawful at it (bad at scaling crit redemption sentries)

what build should i do next. dom blow? creeping frost? looking for an easy bosskiller on a pretty good budget (~15 or so ex)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

Does anyone ever use Forbidden Power as an occultist? It feels completely out of place on an ascendancy that is mostly focused on DOTs. poe.ninja says that only 4% of all occultists use it.

i remember using it in a CoC build once :v:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

What's the deal with explode chests?

They're hard to get to chain without investment because the base and aoe are low, but the clearspeed increase is worth it for a lot of people - 10% faster is 10% currency gained if your survivability is still good. They also solve porcupines and other on death effects, and they're better in denser content than less dense, so they scale with difficulty.

I have used one on cyclone and it was nice for clear but not amazing, but when I used it on storm burst trickster with all the phys as ele and chaos scaling it chained really well and took the build from clunky to buttery smooth. It made both builds safer despite taking a survivability hit.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Is it just me or are Esoro's guides maybe a bit... lacking? Although they're very detailed, they make questionable choices, such as tagging "Frost Blades Berserker" as a league-starter
e: wow this Esoro FB Zerker PoB sure has a lot of PoB warrior nonsense in it. hrm

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 5, 2020

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

p.s. has anyone got an updated version of the aura calculator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

Is it just me or are Esoro's guides maybe a bit... lacking? Although they're very detailed, they make questionable choices, such as tagging "Frost Blades Berserker" as a league-starter
e: wow this Esoro FB Zerker PoB sure has a lot of PoB warrior nonsense in it. hrm

I dunno, I'm using his Toxic Rain guide and this is maybe now on par with my extremely broken Storm Brand Hiero last league. I'm up to about 880k DPS per pod and am at the point where I can do A8 Sirus deathless. I still get one shot occasionally but like, whatever, it's softcore.

If you're not engaging with the garden, you really should be. I barely knew anything about crafting before this league but now I've made some absolutely absurd gear for relatively cheap and still have a number of upgrades to do. (Still trying to get my -9% chaos res helm, fixing these gloves, tweaking the amulet, working on swapping over to cluster jewels from the normal, tree, etc.) I haven't had any particularly good drops other than a handful of ex and a couple warlord's orbs, most of my gear was made was done with alt spamming and garden crafting.

The best thing you can do is get your +3 bow ASAP and probably your +1 chaos gems amulet w chaos DoT multi and crafted chaos damage increase. Quality all your gems except vicious projectiles, get them all to 20, and get a level 3 corrupted empower. That should easily get you through red maps and you can start working on smaller tweaks to your gear to deal with Sirus.

Here's my current PoB if anyone is interested: https://pastebin.com/r9ekNzKf