Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It’s all Greek to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s all Greek to me.

Yeah yeah but where was that photo taken?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah yeah but where was that photo taken?

That would be "in the butt," Bob.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Sprung a leak during the night but you get the idea.

Nutsack soup.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I have a cousin at JBLM, he reports there is an ultra sketchy gas station nearby that you get punished if you are spotted at, as apparently there is no reason to be there if you aren’t buying drugs.

i believe its the texaco right outside of mcchord

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Digging into the question of officially off-limits establishments in CONUS has made my day

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If you’re going to go at least take a paddle

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
But i can hang out at poo poo Creek after dark? Hells yeah!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shame on an IGA posted:

Digging into the question of officially off-limits establishments in CONUS has made my day

So you're not allowed to try and grab the last Trolley back to San Diego from San Ysidro after an evening of debauchery in Tijuana?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

:lol: I've driven by that Denny's parking lot so many times and...it's just a Denny's parking lot.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Some first sergeant started a fight in that Denny's parking lot and got his rear end handed to him by a 16 year old with a skateboard and now no one can go.

Just a guess.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CBJSprague24 posted:

So you're not allowed to try and grab the last Trolley back to San Diego from San Ysidro after an evening of debauchery in Tijuana?

No, you're just not allowed to miss it.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulisci/status/1279600460266004487
I knew before clicking on this that it was going to be Uptown Funk. Army bands have played that drat song to death.

I was in AIT when that song came out, and during the first week, the cadre put on a show for the students. One of the groups did Uptown Funk, and it was awesome. A few weeks later, the 82nd Airborne Band came through and did their Music In Our Schools Month show for us. It was a really well done show, very well choreographed, good music. They played Uptown Funk, and we enjoyed it. A few weeks later, we went to the Virginia International Tattoo, and one of the bands there did Uptown Funk, and we were like "oh, hey, it's this song again." Right before we graduated, the ALC/SLC class did their shows for us. The rock band played Uptown Funk. By then, when they called out "GET UP ON YOUR FEET, GET THOSE HANDS IN THE AIR," we were like "uuuunnnngh, fine."

We experienced in miniature what the field as a whole experienced from 2015 - 2018. Everybody is sick of Uptown Funk. WHY ARE YOU STILL PLAYING IT?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

:lol: I've driven by that Denny's parking lot so many times and...it's just a Denny's parking lot.

my last tour in SD we had some scared straight show in the NASNI theater of sailors who were Miramar brig prisoners telling us their stories. One of them was a guy who was involved in drug/gang stuff and brandished his pistol and fired wildly at some people he was having some kind of altercation with in that Denny's parking lot

The standdown was pretty much completely ineffective, we all just thought it was funny that the guy seemed to have no remorse whatsoever for anything he had done.

I also kind of remember someone getting murdered at that Denny's in another incident, but I don't think they were .mil

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I mean, that's just Denny's

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

US Berder Patrol posted:

my last tour in SD we had some scared straight show in the NASNI theater of sailors who were Miramar brig prisoners telling us their stories. One of them was a guy who was involved in drug/gang stuff and brandished his pistol and fired wildly at some people he was having some kind of altercation with in that Denny's parking lot

The standdown was pretty much completely ineffective, we all just thought it was funny that the guy seemed to have no remorse whatsoever for anything he had done.

I also kind of remember someone getting murdered at that Denny's in another incident, but I don't think they were .mil

Sure sounds like just a Denny's parking lot to me

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
yeah, who knows why it's off limits honestly

it is a couple blocks from Tacos El Gordo though, and please I urge you if you are ever in San Diego you need to go to that taqueria it is fuckin incredible

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1279814327776624640?s=19

No matter the profession, it's weird when some scholar or expert basically reveals themselves to be a complete and utter moron when stretched past that point (though Dersh has been an idiot for a while, the point stands).

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1279814327776624640?s=19

No matter the profession, it's weird when some scholar or expert basically reveals themselves to be a complete and utter moron when stretched past that point (though Dersh has been an idiot for a while, the point stands).

Isn't Dersh a lawyer who is absolutely loving up in specifically his field?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There's a bikini barista coffee stand outside of JBLM that's off limits though I can't remember why.

I had this really weird 1SG once that was disgusted and morally opposed to bikini baristas but couldn't stop himself from going to this one because it was close to his house.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mustang posted:

There's a bikini barista coffee stand outside of JBLM that's off limits though I can't remember why.

It's one of two things, either rampant violence or Idiocracy is once again breaching into reality.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mustang posted:

I had this really weird 1SG once that was disgusted and morally opposed to bikini baristas but couldn't stop himself from going to this one because it was close to his house.

I'm guessing it was less morally opposed than he was shot down more than once and cant resolve cognitive dissonance. Like most most of his kind.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Coffee drinkers are weird.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

A Bad Poster posted:

Give me my legal and socially normalised stimulant upon which I have become dependent or I will sue

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A Bad Poster posted:

"I need my stimulants before you can expect me to work or act like a civilized human" people are some of the most obnoxious addicts in the world.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
lol if you can function without coffee

it'll probably be the thing I miss most after the collapse

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Mustang posted:

https://www.eater.com/2013/6/27/6412793/bikini-barista-stands-raided-for-operating-as-brothels

I once stopped at a Vietnamese coffee shop for wifi between San Diego and Anaheim while I waited for my aunt to get off work. It was a buy me drink bar with only coffee, but it was before I had gone overseas and didn't really know what that was.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

"I need my stimulants before you can expect me to work or act like a civilized human" people are some of the most obnoxious addicts in the world.

i dunno, the "i don't drink coffee because i don't like the idea of being addicted to something" folks throw moralizing into the mix

protip though: if you ever end up staying in the hospital tell the nurse you need caffeine because even morphine won't kill the withdrawal headache you get

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 5, 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I drink caffeine a lot but I don't like having it in the morning because I don't want to train myself to require it to function in the morning. I like my coffee/tea around 10 AM

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Stultus Maximus posted:

"I'm not clocked in yet and just got here early. Don't bother me with work poo poo until work starts unless its an emergency. In order to do my job, I need time to focus and with no established times to actually accomplish work, the only way to do all of the things I'm assigned at events scheduled throughout the work day is by coming in early or staying late." sounds way too confrontational and threatens workplace boundaries (or the lack thereof)--all of which I'm not ready to do until I have a cup of coffee.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Here’s an Instagram account of famous people posing with Ghislaine Maxwell. While I understand that just posing in a photo with someone doesn’t mean they visited Epstein at Pedophile Isle, I sure would love to see Donald and Melania and Bloomberg all sharing a cell together someday.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/alanfranklin/status/1279807784054173696?s=20

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

I always found it weird that most people weren't coffee drinkers like me (take it black because I forget to get cream and just got used to it) but others would mainline monster or red bull

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I get so much rest on this ship I actually managed to ditch my caffeine 2 rockstar a day habit.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

LingcodKilla posted:

I get so much rest on this ship I actually managed to ditch my caffeine 2 rockstar a day habit.

Take it from me, that’s how cruises work.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I slept more on westpac than any other time in the navy. I was only able to do it because I was fully qualified and we actually had enough manning for 3 section watches unlike the 2 years before it.

My reasoning for sleeping at every opportunity was simple, the more I sleep the faster my time on station is done.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Here’s an Instagram account of famous people posing with Ghislaine Maxwell. While I understand that just posing in a photo with someone doesn’t mean they visited Epstein at Pedophile Isle, I sure would love to see Donald and Melania and Bloomberg all sharing a cell together someday.

Fuckin devastated 😭

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nick Soapdish posted:

I always found it weird that most people weren't coffee drinkers like me (take it black because I forget to get cream and just got used to it) but others would mainline monster or red bull

Sweet > bitter

Especially for smokers like me.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I don’t know anything about this Ghislaine stuff or who that even is.

Can someone give a brief summary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Woofer posted:

I don’t know anything about this Ghislaine stuff or who that even is.

Can someone give a brief summary?

She was Epstein's girlfriend and rumored madame of his pedo ring