Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Mt. Lady loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What is even happening in that panel with Endeavor

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I'm pretty impressed that Mt. Lady lived up to being as great as her name. She seemed like an irrelevant piece of cheesecake to start off with but everytime she shows up she's great. I know she can't win because Gigantomachia has to be a super big threat but I think most of the heroes are taking L's today.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 3, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Arist posted:

What is even happening in that panel with Endeavor

My best guess is he's using Bakugo's flaming explosion to power his own punch. I think we'll have to wait until the official version comes out in two days to see a readable version.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think Bakugo might not be saying "die" ironically this time. :v:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SKULL.GIF posted:

My best guess is he's using Bakugo's flaming explosion to power his own punch. I think we'll have to wait until the official version comes out in two days to see a readable version.

Thats what it looked like to me, Bakugo's already worked out his attacks cant do enough damage on his own so hes changed tactic to power up Endeavour. In the next few chapters i'm certain we're going to get Bakugo and Deku hitting Shigiraki really hard, together.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This manga rules.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Official translation

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 5, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Translator trivia.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'll show you some trivia!!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Had a sensible chuckle at Shigaraki telling his master and the grudge he's held for over a hundred years to gently caress off already.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Had a sensible chuckle at Shigaraki telling his master and the grudge he's held for over a hundred years to gently caress off already.

That and "Who?" were the best lines from this chapter.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Rhonne posted:

All For One seems to be trying to take control of Shigaraki, wonder if something similar might happen to Deku if things get bad enough.

I dunno about Deku's shades taking over but there is an interesting contrast between Deku and Shiggy here. Deku's OFA shades are benevolent and want to help Deku learn and master their quirks. Shiggy's sole shade is One for All (or maybe it's OFA remotely exerting his influence), and he clearly wants to just use Shiggy as a tool for his own ends.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 6, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think Endeavor heard that "little brother" line and got really confused? He's the only one fighting Shiggy that doesn't know the secret of OfA and AfO(I assume Aizawa and the other heroes holding him up were too far away to hear).

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The Todoroki tradition of misinterpreting Deku continues.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I'm pretty impressed that Mt. Lady lived up to being as great as her name. She seemed like an irrelevant piece of cheesecake to start off with but everytime she shows up she's great. I know she can't win because Gigantomachia has to be a super big threat but I think most of the heroes are taking L's today.

She debuted as this example of a superficial hero but over the comic's run I feel like every time we see her she's improved herself.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

She debuted as this example of a superficial hero but over the comic's run I feel like every time we see her she's improved herself.

The biggest mystery of the series is still what she did to Mineta.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

oh jay posted:

The biggest mystery of the series is still what she did to Mineta.

didn't she just conscript him as a housecleaner while she laid around the place in sweatpants eating potato chips

mt lady's always been characterized as a shallow glory hound who's nonetheless a really good hero when the situation calls for it

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Whether or not Mt. Lady wins depends entirely on the future of the comic. If everyone has to flee Japan and there's a timeskip or whatever, she loses. If the school or society remains at all remotely in place, she wins because Gigantomachia would be weird to write around in that setup.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oxxidation posted:

didn't she just conscript him as a housecleaner while she laid around the place in sweatpants eating potato chips

mt lady's always been characterized as a shallow glory hound who's nonetheless a really good hero when the situation calls for it

Yeah, I think they show her working him like the dog he is in the anime.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Gigantomachia has done nothing but lie around and be intimidating in the background for 100 chapters. I don’t think Lady Mountain has much of a shot.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I got a bit of a chuckle from Deku going "we can't lose the teacher who's been watching over us this whole time" and then Aizawa immediately flashes back to the time he told Deku he couldn't be a hero. Like, I get the intent of the scene, but I thought it was kinda funny.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I caught up with the manga a while ago and this arc seems pretty bleak, even for a “end of an era” event. Still, I do think that Mt. Lady is due her own Plus Ultra scene and she has some pros and Class 1-A second stringers around, so it’s not impossible for her to get a very costly win.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Next chapter opens with Gigantomachia casually walking away with Mt. Lady wrapped around his ankle.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I feel like in a few chapters I'm going to be real mad about regeneration.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There may be an unscheduled break this week if the update time on MangaPlus is correct.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

There may be an unscheduled break this week if the update time on MangaPlus is correct.

Viz says new chapter in 6 days.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gigantomachia has to get by Mt. Lady because he has to run into Mina and Kirishima and call back to their encounter from middle school.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

What's not to love about a power that let's multiple people take out the baddy in heroic and/or inventive ways and then the villain gets to Nuh Uh everyone until the protagonist does it?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Caidin posted:

What's not to love about a power that let's multiple people take out the baddy in heroic and/or inventive ways and then the villain gets to Nuh Uh everyone until the protagonist does it?

Can't wait for Bakugo's Majin Vegeta moment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

As long as it doesn't get to Cell/Majin Buu level, I think I'm okay with it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mirko awakened to a regeneration quirk and now her arm is back and buffer than ever

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just saying that Gigantomachia has size 5/6 in his stat sheet so of course Mt.Lady is going to awaken a quirk to be even larger than him

She's gonna piledrive him into becoming an actual mountain like some sort of creation myth

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Mirko awakened to a regeneration quirk and now her arm is back and buffer than ever
"It turns out my great-granddad was an axolotl! Who'da thunk?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I demand more Mt. Lady

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I demand more Mt. Lady

:same:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mt. Lady is set up for a giant-size suplex. Come on, Horikoshi. Make it happen.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Is that crack down Shiggy's face new? The one that goes over his right eye?

Kinda feel like we're starting to see the consequences of him being half-baked at the moment, like he's super powerful but his power's in danger of dissolving him from the inside out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1280912156058247176?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dolash posted:

Is that crack down Shiggy's face new? The one that goes over his right eye?

Kinda feel like we're starting to see the consequences of him being half-baked at the moment, like he's super powerful but his power's in danger of dissolving him from the inside out.

It's a Scratch from Ryukyu or Endeavor. His Regen is turned off right now.