Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

sorry i cant divulge industry secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

CampingCarl posted:

Only been 3 billion Tether printed since mid-May and the price hasnt moved much in that time. Looks like volume is trending down steadily on both though. I don't know if any of that actually means anything because it is bitcoin. If you pay me $100 I will channel a spirit that tells me what it means though.

do y ou accept squidcoin? this is important

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
It's a precarious balance for the exchanges, they can't let the price too high or their ponzis might come down, and they can't let it too low or the miners will revolt.

My prediction as a professional bitcoin consultant (I keep telling dudes to stay the gently caress away pro bono) is that they'll keep a managed price decline as miner hardware keeps burning out, just slow enough not to trigger a panic. I haven't even seen a proper bart in a month so the focus must be more on stability.

I don't really see another 20k since the pool of suckers is getting unemployed and diluted by other crypto/defi scams, bitcoin's advantage over those is a stronger core true believers but recruitment is getting harder when there's no more big winnings.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

but bitcoiners are already revolting

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

computer toucher posted:

but bitcoiners are already revolting

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Vesi posted:

It's a precarious balance for the exchanges, they can't let the price too high or their ponzis might come down, and they can't let it too low or the miners will revolt.

My prediction as a professional bitcoin consultant (I keep telling dudes to stay the gently caress away pro bono) is that they'll keep a managed price decline as miner hardware keeps burning out, just slow enough not to trigger a panic. I haven't even seen a proper bart in a month so the focus must be more on stability.

I don't really see another 20k since the pool of suckers is getting unemployed and diluted by other crypto/defi scams, bitcoin's advantage over those is a stronger core true believers but recruitment is getting harder when there's no more big winnings.

we could see 20k again and more if the tether people would stop being horrible cowards and print the 16 quintillion tether already:mad:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
covid was created by chinese crypto miners in an attempt to crash the us economy and wipe out the dollar, causing number to go up

cause of virus: inflate dollar

our response must be swift and severe. first, a boycott of chinese crypto, both to punish the culprits and to help hard-working american miners; then

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1278602592210354176

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Shumagorath posted:

does channelling a spirit mean boofing
It means account sharing with MLR

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My understanding is limited to the peg too

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
My understanding is limited in general

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At a blockchain presentation for work, they're authenticating data for trust and transparency yadda yadda by putting it on a block chain.

How do their serious industry clients review the blockchain to make sure they're accessing pure immutable truth ? Oh they don't, "we handle that for them".

After not really following that thread for a while I thought we were over transparently pointless blockchain services but apparently not

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
pegged in the blockchain by my own transactions

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

I thought we were over transparently pointless blockchain services but apparently not
tbh it was silly of you to think that even without the word 'blockchain' in there.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

computer toucher posted:

butt bitcoiners are already revolting

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ATKIgK_Cv0

I don't think KryptoKeskus (CryptoCenter) has been mentioned in the thread, yet!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
From what I could understand, Ross can still be incarcerated on quantum blockchain even after he dies.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I need to fuse my two favourite grifts and get rich on Blockcube

Boody
Aug 15, 2001
haven't seen this mentioned before. https://fuelpay.io/

making the rounds of the various crowd funding websites, mine a quick hit of bitcoin while driving your car via an android set top box plugged into the lighter port. includes a page about how indiegogo just doesn't understand their business model https://fuelpay.io/igg-campaign-case/

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Paladinus posted:

From what I could understand, Ross can still be incarcerated on quantum blockchain even after he dies.

Yes, and due to the new "Asset of Knowledge" Soulcoin, you can now sell your Soul - on the blockchain!

Only 100,000,000,000,000,000 available!

Boody posted:

https://fuelpay.io/

[...]mine a quick hit of bitcoin[...]

The site says

quote:

unlike those verifying Bitcoin transactions, FuelPay™ operates on newer, more sustainable blockchain technology

I'm sure you understood that it's not Bitcoin, but some ~proprietary cryptocurrency~ that'll have value due to ??? and is "instantly" convertible to cash!

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

I called the king of Finland and he agreed that this dude will forcibly be made a swede.

we don’t need this poo poo here.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

computer toucher posted:

I called the king of Finland and he agreed that this dude will forcibly be made a swede.

we don’t need this poo poo here.

the ultimate punishment :ohdear:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

computer toucher posted:

is that a bit like being made a corncob

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

What is the source on this?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CampingCarl posted:

Sweden

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

googling "the swede he starts war"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
didn't know cdprojekt was doing the next fallout off-number

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Boxturret posted:

googling "the swede he starts war"

the shameful swede

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bitcoin:

https://i.imgur.com/FRFTZk7.mp4

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
watch Gustavus Adolphus start a fuckin war

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
another week, another "hey guys is this job that wants to wire me money to buy bitcoins a scam?"

https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/127478/possible-executive-assistant-job-scam-to-buy-bitcoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hammerite posted:

another week, another "hey guys is this job that wants to wire me money to buy bitcoins a scam?"

https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/127478/possible-executive-assistant-job-scam-to-buy-bitcoin

no, no it is not

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
actually the "bitcoin" tag on that stack exchange is a goldmine

https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/119969/involuntary-account-closure-due-to-suspicious-activity-aka-btc-transactions posted:

I've been banking with U.S. Bank for about a year and a half. Around the beginning of January, I noticed some strange activity as it pertained to my U.S. Bank checking account.

I often utilize Zelle to send money back and forth amongst friends, to pay back colleagues, and even to pay things as essential to everyday living like rent.

One evening I noticed that my Zelle temporarily was unavailable. I happened to be completing a few BTC transactions using LocalBitcoin. The next day I received a phone call from a US Bank phone number registered out of Ohio. The U. S. Bank representative leaves an innoculous message stating he wants to clarify some of my recent activity and to call him back.

I phone him back and he begins to ask me about recent activity on my account. He states that there has been an influx of zelle deposits into my account and because I had (one day prior) went into the branch and made a cash withdrawal of $2000 that it appeared suspicious. He said it looked as if "I were cashing out on my account." Without being so much as prodded, I volunteered the fact that the transactions were Zelle payments and that they were from the sale of some BTC that I had owned." I guess I said the magic words that lead to relationship termination and now I find myself in a situation where my funds are being held hostage and I am forced to negotiate with them to try and gain access to them again.

It's now been closing in on 4 weeks that I haven't had access to my own money. They continue to give me the runaround as well. I call in to customer service and they tell me that I'll have to go to my home branch. I speak to my home branch and they say that internal back office is looking into it and they don't know anything else.

And earlier today was the straw that broke the camel's back and made me feel compelled to post.... I called into a local branch (because US Bank telephone customer service had told me that I would need to visit my local branch in order to resolve this issue; they were in fact apparently lying) and explained my situation. The gal was nice enough and she said give her a few minutes to research and she would phone me back with her findings. 10 minutes pass and she calls me back and tells me that the branch manager from my home branch will be giving me an update by days end.

Less than 5 minutes later, I get a call from the Branch Manager. She sounds indignant and talks to me as if I'm a criminal. She says she has researched the account and that there are no plans to release the funds anytime soon. This is after I've been told by the initial contact from the back office that my funds may be held up to 10-15 business days. She says it may take up to 6 months and you may not ever see your funds whatsoever due to involvement in fraud. She stated that the transactions in question were 5 checks. I even asked what checks.....and she proceeded to rattle off the transaction amounts that were in fact the zelle transfers for the btc that I had sold. I corrected her, but she didn't really care. According to the notes on the account and whatever back office told her, I was a criminal.

I have never felt such a feeling for doing nothing wrong. I was utterly in shock and looking back on it now, am not sure why I allowed her to speak to me in that manner. I guess part of me realized that I may in fact have to deal with her again, and better not to make enemies now. Anyways, I had to share. This is absolutely ridiculous. They are holding over 7K and for someone who works for an honest living and attempts to pay his bills on time and be a responsible productive member of society, I'm finding it difficult to stay afloat as they play their games.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Bike to Nigeria

quote:

I have listed my bike on sale on Polish site (so expected audience are Poles only). One guy contacted me that he wants to buy bike and I should send it to Nigeria. At this point, I have instantly thought that this is scam. However, one thing is disturbing me: he offered to pay with bank transfer (I expected scam to offer payment with PayPal or Western Union). Happens, that I have prepaid card, so I wanted to give him bank account of this card, then take money (so at this point I believe I am unable to lose anything, right?) and then send bike. When I was talking with friends, they suggested, that if this money will happen to be stolen or something, then bank may want it back from me. One of my friends suggested, that I should get BitCoin trader as middleman for safety. So provide Nigerian guy with BitCoin trader's bank account number.

If Nigerian guy is honest and everything will be okay, then he will send money to BitCoin trader, and this one will send BitCoins to me, I will send bike to Nigeria and everyone is happy.

However, if later money will happen to be stolen or something, then looks like, it won't be my problem, is that correct? I have shipped bike, so it cannot be retrieved, however same goes with BitCoins I have received.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

YOSPOS > buttcoin thread: bike to nigeria:ins:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
bless that kind soul for doing everything he can to mitigate the great Nigerian bike shortage

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

so kind goons, i have lowered myself into this well. i think that now is the correct time to ask for confirmation that this was the right thing to do. please no negative or sarcastic replies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Hammerite posted:

BitCoin trader as middleman for safety
:stonklol:

p-p-p-powerbike

Boxturret posted:

so kind goons, i have lowered myself into this well. i think that now is the correct time to ask for confirmation that this was the right thing to do. please no negative or sarcastic replies
you did the right thing. next step is to dig sideways into the sewer line.