Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ConanThe3rd posted:

And here was me worried they’d mellow her out :v:

She already has her own goddamn throne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Burkion posted:

She already has her own goddamn throne

I cant wait for the extended PV.

Edit: Never mind, here it is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 5, 2020

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Here’s hoping they actually let Togemon win by herself next week.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So how are they going to justify Angemon by episode 13

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Did they just say a power to surpass evolution

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Burkion posted:

So how are they going to justify Angemon by episode 13

Why do they need to have him by episode 13?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fangz posted:

Les Enfants Terribles, Gennai called it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Les Enfants Terribles, Gennai called it.

I mean, the abilty to use Evolution as a henshin is pretty horrific from a genetic standpoint.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Why do they need to have him by episode 13?

So outside of the first three episodes and the weirdness there, a neat thing that they've managed to organically reproduce?

Every champion level Digimon is being introduced when they were in the show. Birdramon is episode 4, Kabuterimon is 5, Togemon is presumably 6, and Ikkumon will most likely be 7.

To stay on theme with that, Angemon would be appearing episode 13.

Though unless this show is twice the length of season 1, there's no way they can feasibly keep that pacing up if we're also getting the mega levels.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean, unless they intend to cover 02, there's nothing stopping them from making the story of Zero One last longer than four cours.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm loving what they're doing so far, so if they could do that right it'd be really cool.

Assuming they stick with the original pacing, we wouldn't get any new Mega levels until after episode 52, though they could just introduce MagnaAngemon sooner.

Ignoring him as an outlier, Mega levels start showing up at episode 38. That makes sense for pacing. Assuming we hit the same order, Tai and Matt first, I could see that working. I'm not sure what will keep Gatomon out of the story for longer- though we could get something awesome and she gets to be around and help AS Gatomon, which didn't really get to happen in season 1 or 2 (since she was a villain until she became Angewomon and champion levels stopped mattering, and season 2 was season 2)

Honestly the question boils down to, are they going to try and replicate the hype factor of Manga Angemon...and if they do, which they easily could, if they do

How hard is Seraphimon going to face plant

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
The angels are getting singled out from the others, so it’s possible that their Megas won’t be completely useless this time. Not holding out hope for Seraphimon accomplishing anything.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

No matter the context, Leomon dies and Seraphimon gets destroyed. Those are the unchanging laws of the series.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Kinda reminds me of something I had thought would have improved Hurricane Touchdown, or at least the ending fight, instead of the way it's laid out in the original, instead have Davis and Willis obtain the Golden Digimentals on their own somehow, Magnamon and Rapidmon Gold fight Cherubimon for a little bit, get their assed kicked and then sacrifice the Digimental power to allow Patamon and Tailmon to Warp Evolve to Seraphimon and HolyDramon, and they're the ones who beat Cherubimon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fangz posted:

Yep. I'm guessing that's going to be a really long-term thing that'll eventually explain why the kids are present within the story of this season.

I suspect "A power that surpasses the law of evolution" is referring to Omegamon (and hopefully more who will eventually appear) who they've been pushing as a weird outlier. See also how Agumon doesn't seem to remember evolving to Omegamon at all, the fact that nobody has actually said "Omegamon" so far in the series, and the way Taichi and Yamato seemed to join with Omegamon for that fight. We saw the current 6 digimon in their Ultimate forms in flashback vision, my real hope is that we eventually get alternate final forms for them with the idea of the new forms being new and special thing beyond "regular" evolutions.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

Kinda reminds me of something I had thought would have improved Hurricane Touchdown, or at least the ending fight, instead of the way it's laid out in the original, instead have Davis and Willis obtain the Golden Digimentals on their own somehow, Magnamon and Rapidmon Gold fight Cherubimon for a little bit, get their assed kicked and then sacrifice the Digimental power to allow Patamon and Tailmon to Warp Evolve to Seraphimon and HolyDramon, and they're the ones who beat Cherubimon

That'd mean Seraphimon accomplishes something and we can't allow such heresy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I'm fairly sure "a power to surpass evolution" is just referring to how when the kids and their Digimon are in sync, and the Digimon move to their next forms, they're significantly more powerful than naturally evolved Digimon would be. Something that's generally consistent through the series, really.

Basically, I don't think this is a new concept, I think it's just a restating of what's already been established.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

That doesn't really improve anything. Wallace needs to be willing to do what he needs to save Cocomon, even if it means destroying what he is now. Relegating that to other characters kills his arc in the movie. Whether or not that's something you care about, it'd make the film even less cohesive than it already is.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm fairly sure "a power to surpass evolution" is just referring to how when the kids and their Digimon are in sync, and the Digimon move to their next forms, they're significantly more powerful than naturally evolved Digimon would be. Something that's generally consistent through the series, really.

Basically, I don't think this is a new concept, I think it's just a restating of what's already been established.

I dunno, I think the whole "oh right there's one additional thing-"oops explosions you don't get to see the rest of the message situation is obviously setting up something significant.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

I dunno, I think the whole "oh right there's one additional thing-"oops explosions you don't get to see the rest of the message situation is obviously setting up something significant.

I'm trying to wrap my head around Digimon Adventure that goes on beyond 60 episodes- that might tie into it.

So for a fun fan thing- if you had to guess how they'd pace out the mega level evolutions, how do you think it'd go? Let's say that they are using Adventure for the blue print on the normal evolutions- there's no proof they will be going forward but they, at least, seem to be for the moment. To quickly lay that out-

This would mean that we'd need, past episode 13 and Angemon-

16- Skull Greymon ? Maybe they'd skip this? Though it seems ripe for some kind of call back to an evil-lution

20- Metal Greymon
23- Were Garurumon
24- Mega Kabuterimon
26- Garudamon
35(!)- Lilymon
36- Zudomon
37- Angewomon
38- WarGreymon and Metal Garurumon
52- Magna Angemon

I'm not sure what the new series would look like, we know we're getting Devimon and can kind of guess the general shape of things from that, though I'm sure all kinds of weird poo poo is going to go down. But this isn't a bad road map- maybe introduce Lilymon and Zudomon sooner so they're not bumping heads with Angewomon and the Megas? Maybe have the Megas show up a bit later?

In the show it worked kind of brilliantly and let everyone have their own moment and let us get used to all of the power players. Metal Greymon and Were Garurumon effectively were retired by the time the Mega level forms were brought up, and they had been used nearly non stop for just about twenty episodes. So in theory a similar pacing could work out the same.

The elephant in the room is Magna Angemon as I've joked about before. If they do commit to him being the late comer, I kind of just don't want Seraphimon to show up at all. The only way Seraphimon can live up to that hype machine is if he literally pulls a Madoka Magica and reboots the universe as the absolute God while eradicating evil everywhere forever.

But the more depressing reality is that he and Ophanimon are probably going to show up together after the other Megas and then get their poo poo pushed in as is their want.

But that does raise the fun question that I posed- how would you guys dole out mega levels after episode 52?

Assuming that the true villain is some out of context threat again, be it Yggy, Apocalymon, Homeostasis itself, whatever, you can keep pushing them back and having whatever Mega level baddies show up to take the reigns. Barbamon was mentioned, you have the entire Olympus 13 to choose from, Daemon to finally get involved, whatever.

I think having them coming in around the late 50s, early 60s could be feasible. Maybe Mimi or Joe first, then Sora and Izzy.

...I also kind of really want everyone to get their own Omnimon style fusion. The main question there would be who with who. Rosemon with any of the non Angels would result in something freaky but hopefully cool. I'd kill to see her fuse with HerculesKabuterimon- get us a Kamen Rider girl.

You could also do something like her and Phoenixmon for a flame bird warrior or her and Vikmon since he's the more humanoid of the three options.

Seraphimon and Ophanimon would be the obvious pair, and together they would wonder twins into a massive blackhole of self defeat. I'm really loving excited about this series if you couldn't tell

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

As a sort of wildcard, maybe they could bring in Tamers style biomerging...

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Honestly the easy answer would be to just increase the length of the Dark Masters arc(which if we're being honest has really weird pacing for being the endgame arc), either by giving them more in the way of minions and underlings to fight, or my choice which would be to increase their roster, maybe to eight to match the number of the Chosen Children and give each of them one to beat

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

we don't know if they're gonna redo all the villains. Devimon and Orgemon are one thing, but the presence of Deathmon in the backstory already shows they're willing to change significant things.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Nodosaur posted:

we don't know if they're gonna redo all the villains. Devimon and Orgemon are one thing, but the presence of Deathmon in the backstory already shows they're willing to change significant things.

Can we just skip Etemon entirely? I also wouldn’t mind losing two of the Dark Masters so the actually threatening ones (Piedmon and Machinedramon) could do more.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And deny Richard Epcar his encore? You fiend! :v:

Though seriously, his role has been largely superceded by the story already so, yeah, he could probably get the axe an' it wouldn't be a loss.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

An Adventure without Etemon is an Adventure with less of my interest.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Deep Savers part 2, ft. a horrible abomination
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1280078311306207232

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Could we at least trim down Myotismon’s section by five or six episodes so we could have more time to develop Dark Masters besides Puppetmon? And trim down his section too because he lingered on too long while we rushed through the others.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Etemon is more necessary to Adventure than Ogremon is.

Honestly he's more necessary to Adventure than MetalSeadramon is.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Funky Valentine posted:

There's never been a more wrong statement in this thread.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Fangz posted:

As a sort of wildcard, maybe they could bring in Tamers style biomerging...

The thing is they kind of did that already with how they did Omegamon.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Honestly he's more necessary to Adventure than MetalSeadramon is.

MetalSeadramon is so irrelevant that I can’t even remember if he spoke.

We should remember that MetalEtemon had one great contribution to the franchise: he started the traditional Leomon sacrifice.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 6, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The great thing is, if this series really does go on for 80 or a hundred episodes, since it's taken the time slot Dragon Ball Super used to have, there's no reason they can't have all those guys show up again plus the new ones.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

The great thing is, if this series really does go on for 80 or a hundred episodes, since it's taken the time slot Dragon Ball Super used to have, there's no reason they can't have all those guys show up again plus the new ones.

No Digimon series has ever lasted that long so I kind of doubt it (I think the longest running series was Xros Wars, even more so if you don’t count Young Hunters as a separate season). We’ll see though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 6, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

No Digimon series has ever lasted that long so I kind of doubt it. We’ll see though.

Xros was 79, so it was close. Kitaro had 97 episodes previously in the same time slot, so, maybe

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Xros was 79, so it was close. Kitaro had 97 episodes previously in the same time slot, so, maybe

Fair, though I personally consider Young Hunters to be a separate season (being sort of the 02 to Xros Wars’ Adventure). I know Toei themselves don’t seem to think so but it just makes more sense to me honestly.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Fair, though I personally consider Young Hunters to be a separate season (being sort of the 02 to Xros Wars’ Adventure). I know Toei themselves don’t seem to think so but it just makes more sense to me honestly.

I have to just go by what they have officially listed. Some shows get broken into different sections some don't. I guess enough carried over into Young Hunters that keeps them tethered.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If I was a betting man I'd guess a soft reboot into Zero Two midway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ConanThe3rd posted:

If I was a betting man I'd guess a soft reboot into Zero Two midway.

only if we chuck the epilogue out the goddamn window

That thing is a tombstone, regardless what happens in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m gonna bet against and say we get 50-something episodes with no follow up series.