Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, you can see it coming once you know its there. Its just that side attack is a bit of a timing thing. Like you gotta be on one side and dodge them to get to the other. Its not that hard once you figure it out but it can be easy to mess up. And it takes some patience unless you or your team are big enough bruisers to bypass the stages.

Good to hear that about Starlord. It feels like the costumes are divided up into categories

Make someone kind of useless useful
Starlord, Cyclops

Make someone good into possibly a player
Thor, Cap, Crescent, Magneto

Make someone great possibly top tier
Luna, Quicksilver

Make someone already top tier even bigger
Jean, Wanda, Deadpool

Just gotta figure out my priorities.

How's the Punisher Cosmic Ghost Rider costume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, you can see it coming once you know its there. Its just that side attack is a bit of a timing thing. Like you gotta be on one side and dodge them to get to the other. Its not that hard once you figure it out but it can be easy to mess up. And it takes some patience unless you or your team are big enough bruisers to bypass the stages.

Good to hear that about Starlord. It feels like the costumes are divided up into categories

Make someone kind of useless useful
Starlord, Cyclops

Make someone good into possibly a player
Thor, Cap, Crescent, Magneto

Make someone great possibly top tier
Luna, Quicksilver

Make someone already top tier even bigger
Jean, Wanda, Deadpool

basically yeah. also make someone mediocre still mediocre

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Bought the Surfer costume because it just looks badass. I only have 1200ish CCFs so guess it’s back to the farm.

Galactic isn’t easy necessarily but he’s not exactly only beatable by elite players, like others said just read a tutorial on his patterns or get lucky with your team.

Funny story the day they released the Galactus GBR I was in Dewey beach DE and there’s a really tiny one mile two lane high way that got shut down because of a really bad fatal car accident. It’s the only link between two pieces of land and they had to detour every 90 minutes around bays to get past it, no quicker alternative. I’ll never forget that drat part of the game.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

T3 Surfer with the new costume seems to be doing pretty well in Battleworld on autoplay. I would recommend both if you have the resources.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

So i grabbed the sub to get Phyla-Vel and then realized that i had a 6* mega ticket, so it was a little pointless for that. I finished off Carnage to t2 and I guess after that Crescent, but of the characters I don't have from the sub I wonder which is the best one to put any extras into; Blond Widow, Kid Kaiju, Rescue, Electro, Zemo, Aero, or Slapstick. It's probably between Widow, Zemo and Rescue. What I'll probably just do is unlock them all with a single days pull and then decide.

I'm late but Blonde Widow is good. She's definitely behind T3 Widow, though. Kid Kaiju sucks even with his uni, Rescue is a great SL clearer, Electro is great speed villain and the best leader for himself and the rest of Sinister Six, Zemo is decent and a top villain leader, Aero is eh, and Slapstick is only good if you want to annoy people in AC.

Also, T3 Surfer with his uni is really, really good.

Edit:

STAC Goat posted:

How's the Punisher Cosmic Ghost Rider costume?

He's squishy but a bit better thanks to his uni bonuses. He's especially fantastic as support in WBU if you don't have enough of the paywall support characters.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 10, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's been a week since i got to the Epic Quest task of getting 10 Blast Books, and I've not had a single one drop since.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just making sure you know you need to do specific World Boss Ultimate to get specific books - I think it's Black Dwarf and Scarlet Witch for Blast.

But yeah. Drop rates are a pain in the rear end. I've got all my books back up to 10 but CCF is a slow drip.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I somehow got right back up to 6 blast books maybe a week after finishing the epic quest.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its all pretty random. I've resupplied my books in a matter of days sometimes and in weeks or months others. But I never really have to worry about the books longer than the CCF.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

Just making sure you know you need to do specific World Boss Ultimate to get specific books - I think it's Black Dwarf and Scarlet Witch for Blast.

But yeah. Drop rates are a pain in the rear end. I've got all my books back up to 10 but CCF is a slow drip.

BD is the fastest WBU for me to beat, so i've just been running him daily. Nothing. I do almost have Professor X's gear to +25

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's definitely an increase to drop rates for books when you get the daily bonus. Like I used to specifically target the boss whose books I needed or who was easiest for me to beat but now unless its a SuperGiant day I just do whoever the daily boss is for the bonus odds. Even if its Thanos and I gotta do Level 1.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I learned recently you can reroll the boss of the day for gold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I did not know that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Rerolling the daily boss is expensive as hell though so be careful if you target someone specific, I lost a huge chunk of money the day I discovered it with some bad luck. I've been rerolling off the right side bosses and supergiant since I need BAM and chaos norns.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the only instance I'd use it would be on Giant days. Everyone else at least I'm earning T3 materials and upping their level. But theres no point in playing Giant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God dammit I forgot to buy the mega rank up ticket yesterday. Now i have to level Phyla-Veil the hard way.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

They have been coming monthly lately. If you can hold out for the next 2-week token hoard, you can try again?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I ended up with exactly 690 tokens :unsmigghh:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Looks like a Hulk update next, with Red She Hulk/Harpy. I'm closing in on T3 Surfer but I may have to backburner him to up Hulk if he's any good. I got him to 4x25 last year just in case.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1274537527173677056

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Stoked for a Hulk update, even if I got his Endgame uni to Mythic. Hope we get Leader and Abomination, but probably Immortal Hulk.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If we do get Abomination it'll be kind of funny that he took so long to get in, since he was referred to in one of the old SHIELD missions (the ones you passively send a team off to) from the beginning of the game.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Please buff Red Hulks mustache

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This will be the first update I don't buy all the unis because I almost have 6600 crystals to unlock Dick Ryder. I love how they are easier to get than CCF.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FYI if you play a lot and have rank up tickets you wont need the bio sub for Red She Hulk. You get 30 of her bios for finishing the free tier of future pass starting tomorrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's refreshing.

I also have nearly 3000 crystals because I was saving for Nova so unless the Hulk/She Hulk costumes REALLY appeal to me I'll probably save for Abomination and get Nova later. Villain Combat T3 Hulk seems like he could be a big asset but Abomination might be good and there's always Apocalypse.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm going to skip Abom unless he's top tier. I have enough mats ready to go for a high end T3. I was going to do Silver Surfer but I've had Hulk at 4x25 for months just in case. I may do him + Black Widow or just Hulk and save for Surfer again. I've got a huge backlog after taking time off and blowing mats on Thanos and Apocalypse back to back earlier this year.

T3 Ready: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Hulk
Needs gear: Luna & Crescent, Ant Man, Winter Soldier, [Prof X], maybe someone else whose not even in consideration

I also don't have any potential awakened yet. That's Mystique, sinister 6 (?), the 4 with Shadow Shell, and now Amadeus Cho right? Are any worthwhile besides Mystique? I'd been avoiding the squad battles so I'm at 998/1000 on the rarest red gems required. I might just save it until someone I care about gets one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Shadow Shell and whatever the combat guy's name is with awakened skills and they're like... ok. I'm actually planning to awaken Beta Ray Bill's skill (but I need to rank up Odin first) since he's already a pretty top tier guy for me and I figure that skill will be a nice boost. But I don't think the skills really raise anyone a level. They're just an added good skill.

The options I think are the 4 created characters, Mystique, Red Skull, Doc Ock, Red Guardian, Beta Ray Bill, and now Amadeus.

I do the Squad Battles because like... they're easy. I just auto play them half the time anyway.

I was saving to T3 Thanos and then Surfer came along. I'm trying to get his gear up and refocused on him. It seems like T3 Surfer and T3 Black Widow are kinda breaking Timeline for me now so I feel like I have to get them. So I think Surfer is still my priority. But Hulk could jump past Thanos and Widow and probably will jump past Apocalypse who I just wanted for the same of Combat Villian Squad Battle.

T3 Scarlet Witch is probably my heaviest hitter for what its worth. And I'm still using her Infinity War costume.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm a Hulk nerd so I'm blowing my wad on Blonsky and postponing Rider. I'll blow any tickets I have to rank up Betty. Glad she is free to acquire. Just gotta get enough BAM to get Bruce past 68.

I awakened Doc Ock. I'm a mark for Sinister Six. It's neat looking and hits decent and you don't have to charge it up, but it doesn't quite crush rear end like a T3. Also I only see four of the six in the animation.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I ended up T3ing Scarlet Witch this morning. People on reddit were saying Hulk is good at timeline, not amazing at UWB, and that his T3 hits weaker than his regular skills. Disappointing. Might still upgrade him or Widow next or keep saving up for Surfer again. I'll get a lot of mileage in many game modes out of SWitch anyway.

Also you get the first red she hulk bios much earlier than I expected in the future pass.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I posted this in the alliance chat but Hulk T3 with his uni is really good. He can take Surfer in TL pretty quickly if you're careful but he's terrible against Jean. Even with regen, he's solid in WBU, particularly with Abomination leading. The people on reddit are dumb dumbs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
She Hulk seems pretty good with her new Uni, I haven't tried out the new Hulk one yet though.

And its been over a week since I got a CCF from a WBU.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have 1700 CCF.

Its taken so long for me to get Surfer's gear up after getting Thanos' and then Widow's that I've just been saving and saving and now I feel rich. And they're all gonna go as soon as I save up enough of the other stuff. All for Surfer. Bastard better be worth it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sigh. Still can't get through Galactus without being carried. I guess I just need to focus on the task of maxing out my ISOs and urus. Yawn.

So with new Shadowland, I'm kinda curious as to how people pace out their roster. People getting up to the 90s and what-not baffle me - how are you clearing a stage with Kingpin or whoever to keep your main dudes up on those levels? My T1 guys can't cut that mustard, nor my chump T2s. I'm hoping I can at least get to 35 to get these new rewards, but I get overly fiddly about who I try to clear earlier stages with.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm able to clear the first 20 stages with my remaining premium T1s. It usually works out perfectly where like I'm clearly the first couple of floors with Kid Kaiju and Ironheart and then 20 with guys like Gambit, Slapstick, and Iceman.

After that I just try and take the lowest people I can. Like I can clear 29 with Archangel and that's fine because I have a bunch of speedsters. I can clear 25 or 27 with War Machine. I just see who works but I start from the bottom and work my way up.

The new floors are tricky and tough but I got through 32-34 with Voodoo, Spidey, and Kid Omega last night.

But I can never really get higher than 60 or 70 when I try. I can see getting to 90 if I had those premiums T2ed or some people at 70/25 or something. Not everyone is useful but the really useless people can be used on Rumbles to just keep from getting ganged up on.

But most weeks I just forget to play and then burn through with T3s on Floor 10.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

twistedmentat posted:

She Hulk seems pretty good with her new Uni, I haven't tried out the new Hulk one yet though.

Seems like it. But that face... oof.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Haven't gotten that She-Hulk. Saving up for the Red Hulk-Venom-Ghost Rider maniac uniform that should be coming in a week or two.

Then maybe back to Richard Rider. Or the Namor uni. Or the Apocalypse uni.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Pardon my whining. I'm getting Deliveranced by Iceman in Shadowlands no matter who I throw at him. Carol can knock him halfway down, but she always gets squeezed to death just like everyone else. I read elsewhere that Torch has no trouble with him - do they mean a Torch with his newer outfit and above level 60? Because he's not getting anything done for me now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is that like Floor 32 or something? There's one that requires someone with flame ability. Those new stages all demand you get someone wit the unique ability or else you're screwed. I aced him with Torch but I might have been able to beat him with Inferno, Santana, or the melting guy or with one of the Phoenix ones (but you need a Phoenix Force person for 34). If your Torch isn't doing it I don't know. If you have him at T2 I think he should do the job with just his kill beam.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
I do have a T2 Torch, but original recipe uniform and not extra crispy. I may not have him ISO'd or uru'd up for maximum performance. Most likely I just suck and I need a "win" button. I'm just not used to screaming at Carol and Tony in the locker room, telling them they looked like monkeys trying to gently caress a football out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

My T2 Torch in his OG duds wasn't cutting it either, barely getting past half of Icey's hit points after 3 straight minutes of stream-roasting. Then I checked his set up and saw I had Spy Tactics on him and some weak ISO. Rerolled to Power of an Angry Hulk, reactivated the set bonus, and switched around and bumped up a couple Urus, and presto, now I can crispy fry Drake in a little over a minute.

May need to check my Spider dudes too - they had a hard time getting past Superior Ock and his goons. But my Aracknight is still only T1. Peter, Miles and Miggy managed to make it through.