Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

explosivo posted:

Thank you Mr. 4G for blessing us with new, duck related content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bmJpnhHlDs&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
I suppose i should have figured out the same question for every other resource in Synergism, but for crumbs it sticks out especially to me:

What is the point of doing something like buying my 65th level 2 ant when the level 3 ones have produced 6e18 level 2 ants. Is the math more than just 6e18+65 total level 2 ants?

I know in other games like Antimatter Dimensions you still bought lower level producers because they got improved multipliers. But that doesn't seem to be the case anywhere for crumbs in Synergism am I wrong?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Chin Strap posted:

I suppose i should have figured out the same question for every other resource in Synergism, but for crumbs it sticks out especially to me:

What is the point of doing something like buying my 65th level 2 ant when the level 3 ones have produced 6e18 level 2 ants. Is the math more than just 6e18+65 total level 2 ants?

I know in other games like Antimatter Dimensions you still bought lower level producers because they got improved multipliers. But that doesn't seem to be the case anywhere for crumbs in Synergism am I wrong?

Upgrade 5x16. "Add +0.00005 to ant efficiency increase per ant purchased per level"

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Upgrade 5x16. "Add +0.00005 to ant efficiency increase per ant purchased per level"

Ah missed that. Thanks

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Buying ants and ant upgrades also increases your ant ELO multiplier

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

dipple posted:

Buying ants and ant upgrades also increases your ant ELO multiplier

I don't have that yet I think.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Is there any way to play Synergism outside of Kongregate? I would like to check it out while at work but I Kong is blocked. Along those lines, are there any good browser idlers that have come out recently that don't need Kong or Steam? I could use a time waster and don't really want to go back to Swarm Sim.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
NGU

Is there a way to see which challenges you've finished on different difficulties? I'm currently on evil difficulty, but I don't think I finished all of the normal mode challenges, so I'd like to clear those out. If I click the 'Normal' difficulty button on the rebirth screen and then click the challenges, it only shows me my evil difficulty challenge completion.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GB_Sign posted:

Is there any way to play Synergism outside of Kongregate? I would like to check it out while at work but I Kong is blocked. Along those lines, are there any good browser idlers that have come out recently that don't need Kong or Steam? I could use a time waster and don't really want to go back to Swarm Sim.

Platonic recently put it on github specifically because Kong is dead: https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

GB_Sign posted:

https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

NGU

Is there a way to see which challenges you've finished on different difficulties? I'm currently on evil difficulty, but I don't think I finished all of the normal mode challenges, so I'd like to clear those out. If I click the 'Normal' difficulty button on the rebirth screen and then click the challenges, it only shows me my evil difficulty challenge completion.

Unless I am misinterpreting it, the yellow border is used for completing all the normal challenges which will also show up in Evil, so if you have a yellow border they are done, if it has no border you still have some normal ones to complete.

*Edit*

thanks for the github links, perfect timing, guess I will be checking it out over the weekend.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Post in the goon discord. A lot of the growing pains get ironed out or at the very least you get a sympathetic ear. I had this same problem when I first started.

Gimme the link to it. I guess I'll jump back in and see. I apparently haven't played in 268+ days and my Number is gonna be 7.8 Octodecillion

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I am very glad I planned ahead and already had a second set of x8/Lootzifer in the Daycare. You goddamn monster.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

something posted:

lmao

but also :smith: cause now ngu's future on Kong is super grim.

if i didnt move to steam as soon as i did i would be capital F hosed right about now.

cool, and all the more reason to make a mac version

(sorry, dick post, lovin your game)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Having just unlocked wishes, is it a good idea to focus on 'em a bit or should I be putting my resources elsewhere?

At the very least I'm not sure I should be doing any wishes that take more than like 10 hours

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The way wishes work, there are diminishing returns on the amount of each resource you put in. Essentially, doubling the amount of any resource you invest makes it about 10% faster.

You should always have wishes running, but at first just use a small fraction of your caps so you're not really affecting your progress in any other mechanic.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
ofc do the first wish, the kick rear end one, asap.

Also some wishes are clearly better than others. Feel free to take a somewhat longer time if you want, for example, extra cap or power. Feel free to jam stats into stuff like pit wish, mega buff, and eventually the Adv. training one once you get further, just for QOL. IIRC I did many of that first tier of faster wishes pretty early, mostly because many of that first page wasn't going to be life-or-death for me at the time.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Looks like Ordinal Markup got an update again to make it faster, including just a straight-up permanent x4 multiplier to your t1 automation after the very first prestige. :haw:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

something posted:

So I've been chatting about it in the discord but i'm curious your thoughts. For the 2nd game that i'm working on that's a WIP, I was originally intending to launch it on kong first. So, given recent events, might it be better to just hop to steam? Would those of you interested in early playtesting be willing to go through redeeming something like a beta key to try it out, or is that too inconvenient over the browser?

Id do a beta key.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

something posted:

So I've been chatting about it in the discord but i'm curious your thoughts. For the 2nd game that i'm working on that's a WIP, I was originally intending to launch it on kong first. So, given recent events, might it be better to just hop to steam? Would those of you interested in early playtesting be willing to go through redeeming something like a beta key to try it out, or is that too inconvenient over the browser?

FWIW I would also be interested in a key on steam. My biggest steam problem is that I have two computers, and there isn't a way to say 'this game doesn't have DRM so just let the idle game keep going in the background' with Steam.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Don't remember seeing it mentioned here, but Cavernous is pretty fun. Its a neat mix of forced-prestige idle game and puzzle game.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Lilli posted:

Don't remember seeing it mentioned here, but Cavernous is pretty fun. Its a neat mix of forced-prestige idle game and puzzle game.

i am too dumb for this game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

cum calamity posted:

i am too dumb for this game

yeah i don't understand what i'm doing at all

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
At the very start you're mostly exploring the area around you, you can move with arrow keys or wasd. The red tiles are digable, the striped gray tiles are not, when you run out of mana (time) you'll revert back to the start, but you keep what you know. There's a blue tile very close by to the start and after you dig it out/move into it there will be a mana spring underneath which you can interact with (space bar) to extract a permanent mana increase. There's a lot more to it than that, but that should get you started. If you hover over a tile it will tell you what it is, and if you click on it the box on the right will provide you more information.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Gimme the link to it. I guess I'll jump back in and see. I apparently haven't played in 268+ days and my Number is gonna be 7.8 Octodecillion

Sorry for the slow reply:
https://discord.gg/4PD5xG

Bug 4G after for secret goon access

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Lilli posted:

At the very start you're mostly exploring the area around you, you can move with arrow keys or wasd. The red tiles are digable, the striped gray tiles are not, when you run out of mana (time) you'll revert back to the start, but you keep what you know. There's a blue tile very close by to the start and after you dig it out/move into it there will be a mana spring underneath which you can interact with (space bar) to extract a permanent mana increase. There's a lot more to it than that, but that should get you started. If you hover over a tile it will tell you what it is, and if you click on it the box on the right will provide you more information.

I don't understand why "Grinding Mana Rocks" isn't working like it should. is it just bugged? Keeps going of on other routes I tried and not just hitting mana rocks

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Chin Strap posted:

I don't understand why "Grinding Mana Rocks" isn't working like it should. is it just bugged? Keeps going of on other routes I tried and not just hitting mana rocks

It's been pretty good about remembering routes that can hit rocks for me, but it might just be that none of your routes can currently finish a mana rock. Each time you get mana from a rock it permanently increases how long it takes to get more mana from that same rock, so after using "Grinding Mana Rocks" for a while you may need to experiment with new routes again.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Also the grinding mana rocks button just loads all your previous best programmed routes to rocks. You can check what your best route is to each rock by selecting it and clicking the load best route button.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Basically, once you find a new mana rock, program in the most efficient way to reach it and run that once, then you can slap it on auto.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh god i have no idea how to use clones effectively

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
NGU Titan 9 spoilers:

:woop::woop::woop:

I knew I could do it, yeaaaaaa!! Like hell I needed 100 Sp toughness, you idiot wiki

I didn't get a single actual V4 drop :eng99:

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 5, 2020

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Grats - what helped close to gap from Rad-Lands to that kill? I just maxed the Rad set and it seems like everything is kinda leveling off and not producing much change anymore.

Only things I can think of are that my cube is kinda poo poo and also I've never done a MacGuffin run (which I don't totally understand anyway). Any other things to consider?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Cobalt60 posted:

Grats - what helped close to gap from Rad-Lands to that kill? I just maxed the Rad set and it seems like everything is kinda leveling off and not producing much change anymore.

Only things I can think of are that my cube is kinda poo poo and also I've never done a MacGuffin run (which I don't totally understand anyway). Any other things to consider?

guff runs are fine but nobody really bothers. if cube sucks rush some boosted boosts if you haven't and exile v3/4 is when most folks start buying adventure stats

e: with exp

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cobalt60 posted:

Spending my ~400,000,000 XP a day mostly on Adv stats was the main source, as well as finishing all the Dual Wielding & Adv. Stat perks/quirks/wishes (except for Adv Perk III, that one's still a tall order) and leveling up Looty/pendant. I'm also on an 8-day long rebirth following a, like, month-long triple-beta-potion rebirth so my adv training has had time to build. No idea if rebirths that long are actually optimal, but it got my wishes sorted out at least. I dunno what a macguffin run is, all I've really done with guffins is giving the adventure guffin all my love and attention and first-slot-priority since I got it.

Here's my stat breakdown:

And here's my equipment:

E: Also worth mentioning that you really need to get lucky with their attacks; they need to antler or start charging during the unavoidable period that block, gaze and megabuff are all off cooldown.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 6, 2020

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
good to see.. indeed my cube is poo poo...

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Pigbuster posted:

And here's my equipment:

What are those loadout priorities?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
4G, please let me into the sekrit club. This is TacticalFail

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Okay so I'm autokilling Beast v4, just need another ~30 levels of Gerbil and then I'll have everything in normal maxxed and greened except the X4 Pendant and Sir Looty. Once I get the Gerbil finished, am I just going to be leveling NGUs while I farm up enough Perks and Quirks to fill out what I can buy in Normal before advancing on to Evil? Seems like that could take a very long time with very little ever happening.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You can still kill the Beast to finish farming the V4 accs and level your Normal NGUs and Perks/Quirks in Evil. It's actually what you'll be doing for a while because the costs of everything skyrocket.

The one thing you can do at this point before jumping is finishing your Normal challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So I should finish up the Normal challenges, farm up enough QP/PP to get over the entry requirement for Evil, then climb up the bosses and enter Evil?