Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

In case any of y'all were wondering Joe's most recent post on twitter was platforming a kid who was talking bout how he opted out of a high school English class during a reading of Huck Finn because 'he heard that word often enough in practice.'

Are we prepared to discuss who the most likable team is in the AFC:N? Cuz I have a suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/patrickmahomes/status/1280260161408466945?s=21

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

honestly, mahomes made a huge mistake here

shoulda opened up some bullshit 'sports therapy' company and had them open a $400m contract with KC while he took a relatively cheap QB contract, so KC could sign an OL and WRs for him.

the league learned nothing from the Pats

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

speaking of which, when you get paid $450,000,000 where exactly do you store it? Most people that rich have it tied up in various assets and stocks, not in hard cold cash. You don't want it tied up in any one bank because FDIC only covers up to like half a million, and at 450M that's a lot of banks to spread it over.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

Mahomes got rich staying home, A-Rod left town and baseball even more than other sports seems to have this "WHAT ABOUT THE LOYALTY?" poo poo despite the fact that you make a fraction of your value usually until you're on the back end of your prime

ARod wasn't on the back of his prime, and the logic he gave for leaving a very good team was that he wanted to sign with a contender. He then signed the richest contract in baseball history with a mediocre team that proceeded to suck until he went to the Yankees.

So yeah ARod can go to hell

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

speaking of which, when you get paid $450,000,000 where exactly do you store it? Most people that rich have it tied up in various assets and stocks, not in hard cold cash. You don't want it tied up in any one bank because FDIC only covers up to like half a million, and at 450M that's a lot of banks to spread it over.

he will hire a guy whose sole job is to make sure number only goes up

they are called family office managers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well he's not getting it all at once, but you already said it. Various assets, stocks, and bitcoin.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

900 different banks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Well he's not getting it all at once, but you already said it. Various assets, stocks, and bitcoin.

I mean the obvious answer is diamonds.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1280255561674653697

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And yet the State Farm commercials make out Mahomes's agent to be the bad guy.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
$140 million signing bonus is still a hell of a lot of money.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'd imagine some Swiss bank has their phone(s) ringing off the hook right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's gonna be Ghislane Maxwell's number on his phone rich.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
love the thread title. :allears:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

900 different banks

Not if he wants it FDIC insured for the limit of $250,000 with his $503 million.

2,012 different banks.

If not, commemorative NASCAR plates are a safe investment if he doesn't want that hassle.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

mods namechange me to Funday with LJ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

shirts and skins posted:

ARod wasn't on the back of his prime, and the logic he gave for leaving a very good team was that he wanted to sign with a contender. He then signed the richest contract in baseball history with a mediocre team that proceeded to suck until he went to the Yankees.

So yeah ARod can go to hell

perhaps if the mariners had simply matched the rangers offer!

although the story of A-Rod's contract with the Rangers is hilarious in other ways. His agent Scott Boras had a fake mystery team constantly driving up the price so the Rangers were bidding against themselves

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*Sim City 2000 music begins playing*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This is the worst day of my life

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I love that Trubisky is trending in my Twitter feeds.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This is 205 million in US currency from a 2007 raid (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/drug-money/#photo).

Pat Mahomes will have two and a half of these, roughly.

Or if you like Breaking Bad and use this math: https://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad/comments/zasrc/my_calculation_of_how_much_money_is_in_walts/

8 of those.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Maybe I'll be wrong but at least in the immediate future I don't see people hating on Mahomes like they did ARod. I mean I'm sure there will be some, and I know I'm going to hear a lot of laughing about the Chiefs not being able to put a team around him together. But I feel like most will just be 'well poo poo, but if anyone it might as well be him.'

I really like Mahomes and love watching him play, rooted for KC in the SB, but if he keeps cockblocking the Ravens in the AFC playoffs (which he will) I might start hating him real fast :v:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

He's gonna be Ghislane Maxwell's number on his phone rich.

Literally made me laugh out loud.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

https://youtu.be/bfpPArfDTGw

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Couple more of those contracts and he could be an owner!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

Don’t worry, we all die one day.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Sunday Morning posted:

Couple more of those contracts and he could be an owner!

I mean he could probably buy an NHL franchise with that contract alone

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I'm not sure this could ever be considered a bad deal. Even if Mahomes suffers a career ending injury in his next practice I'm not sure you could call this a mistake. A player of his caliber at that position is literally priceless.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1280239967093116931

https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1280254603452313600

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

Mahomes didn't set the market, he's the outlier.

If Lamar Jackson plays like he did last year and gives the Ravens a Ring....

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
thatsa lotta smackaroons!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

this owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sorry JJ I only respect the version with the cat

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Money Mahomes going to the bank!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

New Draw Play when?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

We've come so far from '17 training camp gifs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol they megasized the magical disappearing Kaepernick contract

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1280283087688077314

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Time to start prepping some good hot takes for when the chiefs lose the season opener against the Texans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
1 player : 25% of the cap