Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

also those large clusters are gonna be pretty expensive, like 3.5-4 ex each or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

it won't be unless you use harvest crafts to crank up its resistances, with maybe 20 minutes of quarry farming you can very easily make a ~120% resistances chestpiece and then harvest 5L it. but yeah, spend your actual money on fixing your other slots--you can do most of them for dirt cheap--and then save up to make a baran explosion chest; 6 ex is coincidentally about what it costs to get into that game

someone posted this on reddit, ignore the whole right "feeling lucky or rich" branch unless, well, you feel lucky or rich. jagged fossils work as well as contempts iirc.

Oh man, I thought I would cleverly buy a 6L armor chest with Explode and then Harvest craft it up. Nope, you weren’t kidding, it really is 5-6 ex to literally just get started with a trashy 6L explode chest.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Any preferred or interesting chest options for bleedbow, besides Lioneye's Vision or explodsion chest?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Cretin90 posted:

Oh man, I thought I would cleverly buy a 6L armor chest with Explode and then Harvest craft it up. Nope, you weren’t kidding, it really is 5-6 ex to literally just get started with a trashy 6L explode chest.

The more I see poo poo like this, the more I want to write an actual instruction manual for POE. Like an old fashioned, Blizzard style 160 page perfect bound l'il book just to help me get all of POE's systems in my brain at once.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Spiders used to resummon themselves when their dot killed an enemy because dot kills count as yours or something silly. Did they patch that out or are you running brutality or something?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pork never goes bad posted:

Spiders used to resummon themselves when their dot killed an enemy because dot kills count as yours or something silly. Did they patch that out or are you running brutality or something?

they do not do that anymore, man that would have been fuckin cool

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

They do still do that as far as I know, (the easiest way to prove this is with a "your minions cannot kill things" item such as the Speaker's Wreath which some like to use - it's a huge DPS and spectre survivability loss though) however this comes with some caveats; first of all: if you summon a full complement at once at the start of a map with the desecrate/spell cascade they also all expire at once, so the chance of a resummon is very slim.
Secondly, this is full phys, so their poison dot is hideously small, only doing fractions of total DPS further reducing the chance of that dot getting a last hit. In other words, in maps you willsometimes get a bunch of "free" spiders when you are near the AG (giving you culling strike) and you snipe some mobs, or a spider dot gets a kill near a bunch of dead bodies.

Personally I have such a feel for their duration by now that I do a quick double tap of weapon swap between packs or on the sidelines of combat (despawning your spiders) and doing a resummon.
You're gonna have to get the hang of the resummon combo either way, since bosses have nothing to kill nearby.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Krolm posted:

spidermens

Thanks for this. Spiders are my fav too, so I think I'll try emulate this.

I am really bad at the game and even I killed Sirus with my spiderbros (chaosmancer - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660998).

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

hawowanlawow posted:

using divine ire instead of the usually recommended orb of storms is HUGE, it makes summoning spiders easy as hell

although last league when I played spiders the game had a very irritating tendency to only summon 18 spiders at a time even when there was more than enough corpses around

I do tend to get 18 a lot at the start of the map - not always, I don't know why exactly :(

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Trying to make a decent elder bleed bow is making me lose my mind.

Iv got some pretty great medium cluster jewels putting in work. So I'm still clearing t14s with my terrible gear. But I'd like to get something better working so I can focus on my other terrible gear slots

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
I haven't had a chance to play this league since I've had a lot of my time taken up by work and other stuff (looking at moving house). How's this league compared to Delirium? And are the mechanics good?

Is there still a decent population 3 weeks in?

I'm also looking for a 'flavour of the league' build if anyone has any suggestions, hopefully something non-melee (was melee last league) that scales well with investment but doesn't took take much currency to get going. Any ideas welcome!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For tec slam weapons you want
Prefix increased physical
Prefix added physical
Prefix added fire
Suffix increases physical / accuracy or something like that
Suffix attack speed
Suffix wild card!

That’s not including influenced shenanigans but more damage is always better

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Random question - can you use essences on fractured items?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Man I kinda want to run spiders again but the summon juggling with them was just so dang fiddly that it soured the experience for me. They're insanely great minions though and they gently caress up everything.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Random question - can you use essences on fractured items?
Yes. Fossils work fine too, as well as the plantcrafting 'reforge a rare'.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

George posted:

I need to figure out what the gently caress I’m really doing this league. I started chaos spellslinger and quit when I got to yellows so I could roll a slammy boi (tectonic slam chief). That’s hitting the point where I need to either give up or invest a lot, but I’ve only got about 2ex and don’t want to do it wrong.

I think part of the problem is I’m weakly following poe ninja trees and poo poo on both fronts instead of following coherent guides or even theorycrafting my own builds. I stopped believing in either build‘s ability to comfortably take me to endgame.

TR and Stone Golem both sound interesting but I really want to just invest a small chunk of chaos into making this poo poo work. Anyone have a good guide for tectonic slamming?

I decided to do a Slamcestor build (Chieftan/Fist of War) but tried to start out with Consecrated Path. Didn't really feel too good with a slow af two hander so I changed it for tec slam. This guide is alright: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/tectonic-slam-chieftain-build-guide

I'm sorta waffling on getting a Watcher's Eye and speccing Magmatic Strikes to see if any of the pure Phys slams do better.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

theshim posted:

Man I kinda want to run spiders again but the summon juggling with them was just so dang fiddly that it soured the experience for me. They're insanely great minions though and they gently caress up everything.

one way to alleviate it for mapping is with speaker's wreath. Pairs well with hop since dot kills count as yours, making it a pretty effective autosummoner. You still need to worm vs. sirus though

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Krolm posted:

They do still do that as far as I know, (the easiest way to prove this is with a "your minions cannot kill things" item such as the Speaker's Wreath which some like to use - it's a huge DPS and spectre survivability loss though) however this comes with some caveats; first of all: if you summon a full complement at once at the start of a map with the desecrate/spell cascade they also all expire at once, so the chance of a resummon is very slim.
Secondly, this is full phys, so their poison dot is hideously small, only doing fractions of total DPS further reducing the chance of that dot getting a last hit. In other words, in maps you willsometimes get a bunch of "free" spiders when you are near the AG (giving you culling strike) and you snipe some mobs, or a spider dot gets a kill near a bunch of dead bodies.

Personally I have such a feel for their duration by now that I do a quick double tap of weapon swap between packs or on the sidelines of combat (despawning your spiders) and doing a resummon.
You're gonna have to get the hang of the resummon combo either way, since bosses have nothing to kill nearby.

My build definitely focused on the poison and dot - I used withering touch all the time, and a white socket to swap melee splash for awakened unbound ailments on bosses, for example. By focusing on the poison/dot component of the damage you have 0 problems with sustain on mapping. Even one dot kill per pack will constantly refresh spider duration because it summons 2 spiders per nearby corpse, resulting in very smooth mapping. As far as I could tell, the resummon behavior was like HoPpers in that it refreshed duration rather than summoning new. Doing this you never need to consciously resummon, and if you have zombies who poison too they can even get you started in the map. Ironically, when I got to good gear levels, this stopped working in lower level maps because the spiders one-shot stuff with their hit. eta - you can also abuse other on-kill effects like Sporeguard!

That said, your divine ire trick is sick, way better than my cyclone/oos approach in the past. I tested on my old char and it's rad and would make no-add bosses much easier. And your build looks really really strong. The cluster jewels are insane. I think that at your investment level, it's clearly superior to a poison approach if you are ok with the clunkiness of resummoning.

ETA2 - you have a good opportunity to use a timeless jewel on MoM or to replace one of your Fettle's. Divine Flesh or Corrupted Soul could both work well to increase survivability, though they might gently caress up the Enduring Bond cluster too much.

Chucullinn posted:

I haven't had a chance to play this league since I've had a lot of my time taken up by work and other stuff (looking at moving house). How's this league compared to Delirium? And are the mechanics good?

Is there still a decent population 3 weeks in?

I'm also looking for a 'flavour of the league' build if anyone has any suggestions, hopefully something non-melee (was melee last league) that scales well with investment but doesn't took take much currency to get going. Any ideas welcome!

I made this post a few days ago responding to a similar question, and stand by it. I would add toxic rain to this list too. Ignite fireball is probably the worst of these to pick up now - the build's strength is how good it is at getting through whites and yellows fast on no investment at league start, but it will inevitably start to struggle at endgame without mad investment and the single target is just never gonna be amazing, unfortunately. Given the way prices have moved, bleed bow glad, stone golementalist, or ball lightning mines are probably the ones I'd recommend most.

Ignite fireball is a rad and fast mapper and my pet fave, spectres are as always amazing, stone golementalist is a superb bosser, ball lightning mines are still strong despite a small nerf, bleed bow glad hits a bit of a wall before you get the elder bow but it's superb right now, spellslinger vd is good but idk it feels like a hardcore build to me, and chaos dot is amazing as always.

pork never goes bad fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 6, 2020

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I finally got enough currency to get my Elder Citadel bow to a useable state and my god does that bleed mod make a world of difference.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin

ETA2 - you have a good opportunity to use a timeless jewel on MoM or to replace one of your Fettle's. Divine Flesh or Corrupted Soul could both work well to increase survivability, though they might gently caress up the Enduring Bond cluster too much.

This is a good call and I looked into it a while ago - Divine Flesh would be sick as heck. Unfortunately as you noted, the spider duration goes from 65ish seconds to 45 without Enduring Bond which is a little too steep of a price for my tastes :(

I also looked into the alternative near Gravepact, which is another insanely good node, too good to lose. Maybe next league they'll shuffle the tree around again :v:

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Auto sorting rares quad tab

https://imgur.com/vHtUh5j

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh yeah, I've seen that before for doing the Chaos recipe.

Don't do the Chaos recipe kids

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Oh yeah, I've seen that before for doing the Chaos recipe.

Don't do the Chaos recipe kids

Especially this league, where chaos were almost instantly worth 1/180th of an exalt or worse.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I was doing the chaos recipe on day 1 and 2 to buy celestial justicar cards for my first six link. The cards were only 5c each Friday evening. By the time I got my last one mid-saturday they were about 12c. By the end of the weekend they were 20c.

That is really the only type of case to do it in though. You need to already be ahead of the economy on the first day or two.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I'm already using Immortal Call with Cast When Damage Taken but could I also use a level 20 IC that I would manually cast ahead of time when I see something scary? I know they share the same cooldown. Is that dumb? Should I use another guard skill instead? I'm a chieftain so generating endurance charges is not a problem.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Krolm posted:

This is a good call and I looked into it a while ago - Divine Flesh would be sick as heck. Unfortunately as you noted, the spider duration goes from 65ish seconds to 45 without Enduring Bond which is a little too steep of a price for my tastes :(

I also looked into the alternative near Gravepact, which is another insanely good node, too good to lose. Maybe next league they'll shuffle the tree around again :v:

Xibiqua in scion/witch-shadow socket beneath grave intentions changing pain attunement seems the best bet. You get grave intentions for a bit of extra clear and some tank for your permanent minions and the witch mana/life (+ whatever good poo poo your vaal culture gem gives). You'd probably sacrifice one medium cluster and your fettles for ghastlies though.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Krolm posted:

I realized after I posted that the fettle suggestion wouldn't work, you'd be giving up an entire cluster setup. The GV tradeoffs are real.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

Bleak Gremlin
Honestly, it doesn't really feel like a tradeoff. I didn't die at all grinding 96-97. I didn't even list all the defenses; There's also the 10% mitigation from Juju, 2 permanent endurance charges, 5% life on block, etc. It's fine :v:

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

whypick1 posted:

I finally got enough currency to get my Elder Citadel bow to a useable state and my god does that bleed mod make a world of difference.

How did you bring yours to useable?

I ended up getting the elder bleed mod suffix and the t1 regular bleed suffix.
All the other mods are trash.
50dex, life leech, mana leech.

Should I keep rerolling with fossils or can I fix this with harvest crafts?

Iv got about 3ex worth of currency I can spend on this

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

LeninVS posted:

I'm thinking you might be able to annul the dex, lock suffixes, scour prefixes, harvest craft the prefix bleed mod, then multimod %phys and flat phys. Not sure it'd work though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

LeninVS posted:

I basically followed crafting guides from previous leagues, barely touched Harvest.

ilvl 85 Citadel bow
Managed to 6S and 5L it manually
Rolled ~500 alts until I hit the bleed mod (hit the poison one like 4 times in the process :argh:)
Regal'd, left with +dex and a poo poo +phys roll
Annul'd and thankfully hit the dex. Would've preferred it take the +phys mod, but I'll take it.
Remove and add attack harvest gave me %crit, which is useless for me (RT), but it is a suffix, which let me...
Crafting bench: Multi-mod, +phys, %phys (3ex + 4c)

I know I'm leaving some DPS on the table by using the crafting bench instead of Harvest crafting, but consider this:

1. I need to fix my defenses now
2. I loving hate this league mechanic

At most I might throw an Augment Speed on it to get either the regular or Elder aspd mod (and hopefully not the proj speed mod).

e: If you wanted to go the crafting bench route, you'd need to get two Remove Attack crafts to target the leech. Dex can stay, you just need 1 open suffix (multi-mod) and 2 open prefixes (%phys, +phys)

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 6, 2020

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
To all who have recommended to me stone golem golementalist in the past, can you give me a quick low-down in pros vs. cons with stone vs. carrion golems?

The SO is running stone golems and fairly tanky, though not invincible-tanky.

I'm trying out carrion golems with Saqawal's, hoping to take a more support route. I have very little life on tree (because I'm spending all my points pathing to more sockets) and feel generally very squishy. I understand going carrion golems has higher gear requirements than stone, so I'm at a crossroads as to whether I should keep investing more into it, or if carrion is fundamentally flawed and I should pivot to stone golems.

My number 1 priority is being tanky and defensive as hell, followed by being a good-to-great bosser. I don't care about clear for this character.

Krolm posted:

Gonna do an effortpost on my one true love in this dumb game, Arakaali's Fang aka spooders.

This looks rad as hell. I'll give it a shot after I finish my golementalist; luckily I can repurpose all my expensive pieces.

quote:

Big upgrades for my current build would be Harvest crafting off a helm suffix and slamming nearby enemies take inc. phys damage

Whoa, thanks for reminding me. My +3 minions + minion life helm that's my current project right now has a single empty suffix, and guess what's the only physical suffix in the mod pool? :woop: Thanks for reminding me that this mod is in the elder helm pool.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
what kind of build would y'all suggest in order to enjoy exploiting this league's crafting features the most? i have an indigon mana scion who's doing pretty well, especially since i harvest crafted a lot of her items to spec, but the build is kind of held back by being 60% uniques. have about 10 ex to light on fire, which would be kind of sad to start thinking about league ending builds any other league but should go a long way during this one.

i'm guessing some kind of physical build, since fracturing merciless weapons looks like it will make high dps weapons at least kind of affordable to make, and baransplosion chests are a dime a dozen this league. would prefer a crit build over RT, mostly because uhhh i spent a bunch of money on my bottled faith and it'd be a shame to see that wasted. i can deal with mediocre bossing because my scion can just sit there and facetank DIE beams, but i'd like a less exhausting clearing playstyle for sure.

cyclone and flicker seem like the obvious choices, but i've done them semi-recently...

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My stone golementalist feels like a brick shithouse with only 3.9k HP. AFAIK there's no real build difference to switch to carrion, other than swapping out lightning golem so you can keep one stone (so 7 carrion, 1 stone, 1 chaos).

I'm running Enduring Cry with instant warcries feeding into IC, Divine Flesh with maxed chaos res, 77/76/76 ele res, brass dome

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I've sunk...quite a bit less coin into my stone golems than Papercut has. They're still just level 24, and damage is ok but not great. As soon as I can get a plant craft to get a white socket on my chest armor, I'm curious to try carrion golems. I'm told their AI is better but overall damage is lower. Once I get the chance to try them I'll check back.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/empyriangaming/status/1280296206300831744?s=19

not quite as beefy as the 810+ pDPS 1H synthesis weapons floating around in standard, but boy is that a heck of a foil

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for everyone's advice on my shittily-geared earthquaker. Next priority is crafting a 6L item so I can shift to Brutality+Fist of War (currently using a corrupted 5L Belly of the Beast). Right now I have this, which I bought plain for ~30c and wasted 15 or 20 chaos rerolling. Next step is replace the fire and lightning, but holy poo poo quarry is giving me 95% physical, life, caster, etc modifiers. It's actually a decent chest now considering I don't "need" the extra resistances with my current setup so I might just use it while I work on the resists.

After that it will be an explode or % life chest, but if I give that a week or two I'm guessing the price will drop 15-25%.

Here's how he's looking now: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chadsius/characters

I am having a WAY easier time surviving in maps with the suggested changes. Slitherpinch is probably a bit of a weird choice but it was by far the cheapest matching-colors 4L curse-on hit gloves I could find, particularly with a nice life roll, and the poison effect is actually kind of synergistic with the blood rage on the build.

Also, why yes, I did vaal 13 L20 gems and get L20/0% Corrupt on every one of them except Earthquake (it changed to Vaal, and no it wasn't Vaal before, don't judge me).

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 7, 2020

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Krolm posted:

Honestly, it doesn't really feel like a tradeoff. I didn't die at all grinding 96-97. I didn't even list all the defenses; There's also the 10% mitigation from Juju, 2 permanent endurance charges, 5% life on block, etc. It's fine :v:

How much do you think you've invested in your spiders build? How much would it cost to get it online and feeling good?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Is there any way to augment a primary stat on to a rare directly with seedcraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Attributes? No. Closest is the the craft that enchants a body armor to have quality grant str/dex/int.