Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

this Boyd Rice fella seems charming

all his friends- jim goad, nick bougas, bob heick, anton lavey's kid, and adam parfrey are just out of frame posing menacingly alongside him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
weed page, get high and listen to a podcast everyone

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PawParole posted:

king Mullen with the hot takes

He's probably right

Remember the fedora stereotype going from from m'lady nice guys to PUA weirdos to angry incels while looking exactly the same? Longing turns to bargaining turns to bitterness and hatred when pandering behaviour doesn't get them what they feel entitled to. Every White Fragility stan is a thin layer of :decorum: away from being a Karen.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Xaris posted:

I tend to agree this is the likely course that's going to happen barring some real miracle of a global european socdem/marxist revolution, which is not impossible, but much less likely than heading into Children of Men failed lib dem state. The climate is only getting increasingly erratic with overall trend of major droughts, running out of water, upset and wracked food supply, etc. Like it's often not mentioned that partly what's precipitating the whole south american refugee crises and the syrian civil war is basically prolonged drought. Major cities in india virtually ran out of water last year with some brief reprieve and gunna be worse this year, hundreds of millions without water and increasing food scarcity* (artificial or otherwise) is yikes. That's why i think a lot of european countries are going to also try to pull various brexit and start going hard borders nationalism and the EU will somewhere between slowly to quickly dissolve in the next 10 years coupled with eu imposing harsh austerity and an absolutely awful monetary policies and restrictions designed to keep places nice and pliable for exploitation and bailing out the rich that just won't be tenable to accept anymore for many. China probably isn't too interested in having refugees either and will likely aim for that resolution.

oh yeah at the moment we're already actively pushing for killing people at the border with the barest of fig leaves (letting the boats sink/turning them back rather than actively engaging them, but it's the same loving thing) and there's no way that this is going to change except for further militarisation of the border and an euphemistic policy of murder - it'll be called 'active discouragement' or something and be coast guard ships strafing the boats until they sink

the issue here is that there's a limit to how lovely people are willing to be. a key argument at the moment is that the present hard line is a net benefit to migrants because it means that they don't invest so much in coming to europe in the first place, making it at least arguable in bad faith that it's better for everybody

we on the european left *must* face this challenge out of simple intellectual consistency - solidarity in one country isn't feasible. unless we can make class consciousness and working class people genuinely feel that they've more in common with the people fleeing the chaos the *we* have created than with the ruling class in our own countries, the only option is some form of collapse into barbarism - and as imperialist hyperexploitation stops being viable, the screws are going to tighten a lot at home as well, meaning that a lot of imperial violence is coming home...

this is a huge challenge, but i doubt that it can be resolved by eighties/nineties multiculturalism. first comes food, and then comes ethics - our only hope is to reframe the conflict from one between nations to one between classes, which means celebrating our similarities rather than our differences. there is a long way to go and it's going to be very difficult indeed, and it absolutely necessitates a new anti-racist ideology working off old-fashioned class mentality. i doubt that we're in with a real shot as bourgeois hegemony is simply too strong, but i think it's the only theoretically valid way out

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

PawParole posted:

body dysphoria isn't real lmao like just eat some food

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Farm Frenzy posted:

lock this thread in a cage match with the internet critic whatever thread in rgd

this thread has its lows, but the internet critic thread has far more insufferable posters.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

thotsky posted:

Counter-culture figure from way back when. Satanism, noise/ambient music, sex stuff and "ironic" Nazi.

You forgot serial abuser. Lisa Carver goes deep into their brief marriage in her memoirs and surprise he's also a controlling, psychotic drunk and a wifebeater!

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

PawParole posted:

this isn't very hot at all!! in fact id say this take is luke-warm at best

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zegermans posted:

body dysphoria isn't real lmao like just eat some food

"Dysmorphia" is the word you're looking for, zegermans.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What does that have to do with nicks take though?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

lock this thread in a cage match with the internet critic whatever thread in rgd

there is only one analog and that thread is in PHIZ :toughguy:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

"Dysmorphia" is the word you're looking for, zegermans.

*phases out of existence*

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

i would crawl up the inside of the cage like toby maguire in spider-man

now to yell at my hand and argue with it as I climb to the top of the cage, never breaking eye contact with my worst foe: my own hand

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

The latest ALAB is a real banger.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The West Wing Facebook group has accused Josh Olson and Dave Anthony's West Wing Thing podcast of being a Russian op.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Russian works are funny though

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
think of all the coal that's burned and copper that's mined so that thousands of people can share memes of president bartlett being epic on the West Wing

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
all uses of the computer pale in comparison to using it for horny

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

this Boyd Rice fella seems charming

almost as bad as everything else about him: the music

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
okay so here's a question, if there were goon podcasts, what kind of podcasts would they be?

post answers below:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Terrible ones

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

there are goon podcasts

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

okay so here's a question, if there were goon podcasts, what kind of podcasts would they be?

post answers below:

four ex lf posters and a girl talking abotu the politics of the day with their signature 'extremely online' wit

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In a sense, the forums invented podcasts. For what is a podcast but an audio only, non-gaming let's play

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

post answers below:

A different hour-long sustained fart each week.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
... goon pods?

poon gods!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

post answers below:

chapo trap house

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You Can't Win, clearly.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

post answers below:

a plot synopsis of every episode of some obscure anime peppered with references to internet humor from 10-15 years ago, lots of close miked heavy mouth breathing, and tons of dead air as there's no editing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Halloween Jack posted:

You Can't Win, clearly.

[quiet Canadian-accented chuckling] heh heh heh.... yeah

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

there are goon podcasts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH1qhvpSY_E

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so i'm discussing this with jeffrey and squizzle and we think there could be a mod pod where every week the mods read one chapter of the brothers karamazov and watch one episode of the simpsons, and discuss how the two illuminate and contextualize one another -- and the forums. each mod has to read one chapter and has to summarize it for the mod reading the next chapter.

cumulatively.

and that would be great because maybe three chapters in people will start summarizing things with ms paint renderings or a video of geese or whatever.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

so i'm discussing this with jeffrey and squizzle and we think there could be a mod pod where every week the mods read one chapter of the brothers karamazov and watch one episode of the simpsons, and discuss how the two illuminate and contextualize one another -- and the forums. each mod has to read one chapter and has to summarize it for the mod reading the next chapter.

cumulatively.

and that would be great because maybe three chapters in people will start summarizing things with ms paint renderings or a video of geese or whatever.

Majorian posted:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Majorian posted:

nice, one i'm qualified for

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Doc Hawkins posted:

there are goon podcasts

The Worst Wing by Stu & Dave is (IIRC) a goon podcast.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tiberion02 posted:

The Worst Wing by Stu & Dave is (IIRC) a goon podcast.

you do rc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Worst Wing is a good goon podcast.

I listen to both the Worst Wing and the Wesat Wing Thing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The illennials is a good good podcast

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Worst Wing is a good goon podcast.

also this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Anyone have that tweet of Conway's daughter making fun of him?