Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

coconono posted:

well lil Drake 'Rockstar Spud' Maverick engaged in some of the most egregious bootlicking I've ever seen since Vichy France so a lot of the usual "stupid before evil" analysis is out the window. This company needs a six month pause so employees, contractors and management can work out some deep personal poo poo.

WWE either fired or "fired" Drake but either way he willingly came back and that shows some serious loyalty issues. I question Drake's mental health. WWE is exploiting a sick man for personal gain.

Don't do armchair psychology, or I'll tell your cousin about your feelings for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If anyone is wondering what happened with Kendo Kashin after WWE fired him and left him stranded without a job in Florida, big NOSAWA Rongai stepped up and got him into NOAH and he seems to be taking the situation in good humour.

https://twitter.com/metal0515/status/1271417881993949186?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1271644672906219520

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

https://twitter.com/RobertStoneWWE/status/1271645905322639361

:confused:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

There is powerful "if this is anyone besides Steve Allen, you're stealing my bit" energy here.

"Foppish heel manager" does not seem like it's unexplored territory.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

There is powerful "if this is anyone besides Steve Allen, you're stealing my bit" energy here.

"Foppish heel manager" does not seem like it's unexplored territory.

the bit stealing, as talked about in a different thread, is from 10 years ago. he's talking about robert stone's TNA gimmick, Robbie E

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Alaois posted:

the bit stealing, as talked about in a different thread, is from 10 years ago. he's talking about robert stone's TNA gimmick, Robbie E

Holy crap I never would have realized that was the same dude. Wow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1275592109035106304

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remember in the immediate backlash they got for firing her, there were reports they were "considering" bringing her back? The moment the furore died down they completely forgot about her.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Apparently Sarah Logan doesn't want to do 30 more years and then have a documentary made that looks like she regrets everything she ever did and wants to kill herself.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

So she got to start living her dream as soon as she could, wrestled a bunch of cool places, got married, climbed all the way to WWE and found out it was incredibly lovely and is moving on with her life.

Good for her.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Honestly I'm glad for her. She made some good money hopefully and some friends but can get out before killing her body.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Also I’m sure they can survive just fine on her husband bringing home WWE money still, without her having to make the same commitments just to wrestle unappreciated for nobody on Main Event

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dropping this spice here because I am a monster.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Evil Badman posted:

Dropping this spice here because I am a monster.

Poor Miroslav will probably end up getting it from his wife

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She's pregnant :3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtkpI22USrk

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I totally expect Vince to start souring on the entire women's division now that two wrestlers have chosen to get pregnant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no way Vince even remembers that they employed Sarah by now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
After being released three months ago Heath Slater will be making his first appearance on a wrestling show this week on WWE Raw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They said the same about Sarah Logan after she was released

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

They said the same about Sarah Logan after she was released

Raw was taped. Slater's still fired, he's just still under the 90-day nocompete and can't go elsewhere. I talked about it in the spoiler thread, he's still talked even today about the day the nocompete is up and all expectations are he's TNA bound at Slammiversary that day

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now at 11
https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1279873566335434762

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just wanna hear what they say on talknshop

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

History Comes Inside! posted:

You'd better take off your pants and crack open a beer

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm super excited for Countdown to Fucktown. They've already made a few hints at things, like they thought they were friends with HHH. Karl seems especially pissed about it based on some of the things he's said in the last few episodes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EC3 said (in an interview with Wrestletalk) he was planning to ask for his release before the plague happened, so things actually worked out for him

EC3 posted:

I realised earlier into especially the run on the main roster that I was not a very happy person. I realise financial means is not the only thing that matters to me. How much it is important for me to be able to express myself and create and do something not my way? I understand there has to be give and take when you work for somebody, you can’t do everything your way. If everyone was doing what they wanted to do it would be a catastrophe, but the fact that no amount of input or effort seemed to be rewarded, it just didn’t really matter.

Honestly, I was going to ask to be released but the pandemic was the only thing that kept me there because I needed money to support my family in case something horrible happened, so they did it for me and that’s fine. I was fine, I was okay. I was actually very relieved. The man who called me seemed to be very upset having to do all that so I was like ‘this is fine. It’s okay. Like it’s going to be okay.’ I don’t have anyone to prove to anyone else or them at all because I don’t live in the past anymore.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Technically the release of Kairi Sane fits here too. One of the best wrestlers in the world just walking during a pandemic because they're done.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who's that between Heath and Eric Young?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Who's that between Heath and Eric Young?

Dreamer?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every time I see Tommy Dreamer he looks like he gained another 20 pounds

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm wondering how many of those guys WWE tried to hire back for much lower pay.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dunno how i feel about short hair rhino unless he needed to cut it for a day job

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Short hair Rhyno? Isn't that EC3?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is that ec3?? yikes

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
from left to right: rusev, zack ryder, jack gallagher, roman reigns, kurt angle, braun strowman, rusev

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Why is Dreamer in a photo that was clearly supposed to be a gathering of guys who got let go by WWE in April?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

davidbix posted:

Why is Dreamer in a photo that was clearly supposed to be a gathering of guys who got let go by WWE in April?

Tommy Dreamer on the COVID releases posted:

"You can't hate the WWE," Dreamer said. "You can't hate Vince McMahon. That is business and it's big business. I saw it in my little, little rear end company and I see it from WWE all the way down and I use this example for everyone who goes, 'Oh, they should stop live television, they should stop doing this, they should stop doing that,' think of the financial hit WWE took with the loss of WrestleMania from merchandise, live gate, all that stuff.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

EC3 lookin’ like Kurrgan over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

EC3 lookin’ like Kurrgan over here.

Kurrgan is a bigger star than EC3. He's got a nice little movie career now.