Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is fake news.

It was actually 2.3 trillion dollars lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ywpfOOn7k

I know it’s cliche but

"how will we pay for it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

we tortured some folks

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is fake news.

whoopsie daisy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That time Mike Pence went to go see Hamilton between the 2016 election and getting sworn in as VP, and the entire cast got on stage after the show and addressed him by saying "we hope you learned something, and that you'll use the power you're about to be given responsibly", and Pence basically blew them off.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

i can remember a truly upsetting amount of these

Bannon went on Red Scare? Jesus they suck so much.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

C-Euro posted:

That time Mike Pence went to go see Hamilton between the 2016 election and getting sworn in as VP, and the entire cast got on stage after the show and addressed him by saying "we hope you learned something, and that you'll use the power you're about to be given responsibly", and Pence basically blew them off.

It was dumb of them to think that imo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was dumb of them to think that imo

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/07/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-like-hamilton-run-our-country

quote:

In that respect, Hamilton probably is the “musical of the Obama era,” as The New Yorker called it. Contemporary progressivism has come to mean papering over material inequality with representational diversity. The president will continue to expand the national security state at the same rate as his predecessor, but at least he will be black. Predatory lending will drain the wealth from African American communities, but the board of Goldman Sachs will have several black members. Inequality will be rampant and worsening, but the 1% will at least “look like America.” The actual racial injustices of our time will continue unabated, but the power structure will be diversified so that nobody feels quite so bad about it. Hamilton is simply this tendency’s cultural-historical equivalent; instead of worrying ourselves about the brutal origins of the American state, and the lasting economic effects of those early inequities, we can simply turn the Founding Fathers black and enjoy the show.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Lin Manuel Miranda deserves to be dumpstered, and was

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

El_Elegante posted:

Lin Manuel Miranda deserves to be dumpstered, and was

More like Bin Manuel Miranda :D

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

C-Euro posted:

Surely scolding our opponents will make them see the errors of their ways!

Ah, well, nevertheless...

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

An insane mind posted:

Lol

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016
Trump being so bad at international diplomacy that Edrogan calls him once a week

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

An insane mind posted:

Got em

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bio force ape posted:

Trump being so bad at international diplomacy that Edrogan calls him once a week

What are you talking about? He's got two towers

bio force ape
Apr 3, 2016
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html

glibly paraphrasing this article (it was twice a week)

this was funnier tho but I forgot

quote:

Next to Erdogan, no foreign leader initiated more calls with Trump than Macron, the sources said, with the French President often trying to convince Trump to change course on environmental and security policy matters -- including climate change and US withdrawal from the Iranian multilateral nuclear accord.
Macron usually got "nowhere" on substantive matters, while Trump became irritated at the French President's stream of requests and subjected him to self-serving harangues and lectures that were described by one source as personalized verbal "whippings," especially about France and other countries not meeting NATO spending targets, their liberal immigration policies or their trade imbalances with the US.

lol

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Obama named his dog Bo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Trump wanting to nuke a hurricane

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is fake news.

I don't think I understand the 9/11 conspiracy logic here. If Rumsfeld didn't want people to know the money was missing, why did he make a public speech about it? Surely if Rumsfeld could organize 9/11 he could get away with hiding a few trillion of embezzlement from our troops. I think it's pretty shocking that Rumsfeld did actually call out insane waste in the war budget in the first place.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Insane right-wing warmonger does extremely off-brand thing. Surely, this means he is actually disgusted by a lack of accountability in government spending, and not that he is smart enough to get in front of the issue.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I just remembered the time the Democrats had a sit in on the House floor to get Congress to pass the "no fly no buy" law that would ban anyone on the no fly list (ie. arab dudes arbitrarily deemed by government to be a "risk") from owning guns. The dems literally had a sit in to take away rights from POC

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Insane right-wing warmonger does extremely off-brand thing. Surely, this means he is actually disgusted by a lack of accountability in government spending, and not that he is smart enough to get in front of the issue.

So he went through all the work to plan 9/11 to distract from a speech who could've not given in the first place?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Throwing back to old school LF when I lurked under another name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QC574j9ksI

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Chuka Umana posted:

I just remembered the time the Democrats had a sit in on the House floor to get Congress to pass the "no fly no buy" law that would ban anyone on the no fly list (ie. arab dudes arbitrarily deemed by government to be a "risk") from owning guns. The dems literally had a sit in to take away rights from POC

lol I forgot about this

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I used to have so much respect for John Lewis.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Chicago PD responded to a lawmaker's criticism by claiming that he was the one who sold out Fred Hampton (to the Chicago PD)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This thread's been around so long you can go back to page 1 and be reminded all over again of so many silly moments in our national decline.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
People argued against universal healthcare with “if people don’t have to pay for their medical care, they’ll engage in dangerous behavior!”

And then the pandemic happened, and lol.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It was a dumb argument from dumb people to begin with

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Mitt Romney delaying his concession speech, because he thought he was going to win and hadn't written one
Hillary Clinton sending out a lackey to give hers, for the same reason

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Krazyface posted:

Mitt Romney delaying his concession speech, because he thought he was going to win and hadn't written one

iirc Abuela didn't even come out and thank her campaigners on the night of her loss, she just ghosted the suckers

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

iirc Abuela didn't even come out and thank her campaigners on the night of her loss, she just ghosted the suckers

the clinton staffers glumly binning their bespoke 'broken glass ceiling' confetti

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1235665090432708608?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/531922043705753602?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/527549330207817728?s=20

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

This thread's been around so long you can go back to page 1 and be reminded all over again of so many silly moments in our national decline.

I've posted the lawyer dog story like 4 times

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Helen Thomas telling Jews to get the hell out of Palestine, losing her front seat to Fox News, and then promptly dying

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Krazyface posted:

when he finally conceded he also had all of his campaigns credit cards frozen at the same time so some of his staffers had to find rides home

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Spergin Morlock posted:

when he finally conceded he also had all of his campaigns credit cards frozen at the same time so some of his staffers had to find rides home

Lmaooo i hadn’t thought about this in forever

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I remembered wilbur ross wearing expensive slippers after hearing about brooks brothers going down so I looked up the brand wilbur chooses and they have covid 19 slippers now

https://stubbsandwootton.com/collections/covid-19-men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I remembered wilbur ross wearing expensive slippers after hearing about brooks brothers going down so I looked up the brand wilbur chooses and they have covid 19 slippers now

https://stubbsandwootton.com/collections/covid-19-men

are these slippers exclusively for people with "wide stances"?