Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

pentyne posted:

I thought the Steam version of Chrono Trigger was a port of the PSX port that was garbage quality in a bunch of ways.
The biggest issue with the PSX port was that it had constant load times whenever you did pretty much anything. The Steam version was pretty buggy on release, but it's supposedly pretty much all fixed up these days and should be fine to play.

Still, why pay seven fifty for a port of a port when SNES emulators are free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cardiovorax posted:

The biggest issue with the PSX port was that it had constant load times whenever you did pretty much anything. The Steam version was pretty buggy on release, but it's supposedly pretty much all fixed up these days and should be fine to play.

Still, why pay seven fifty for a port of a port when SNES emulators are free?

It has the improved translation and postgame content from the DS port, and the anime cutscenes from the PS1 port.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Occultatio posted:

Gonna ask once more in hopes that somebody has played and has opinions on these, especially Wintermoor and Madorica:

It sounds like you already know you don't want to play Journey.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I have not bought a single thing this sale because I have enough Game to last me a few years :toot:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Wintermoor is a goon-made game, so you could probably just PM the developer here and ask for details. I think they posted in the New Releases thread.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

graventy posted:

Well it was spend 15 bucks on Heaven's Vault or spend it on HV and a bunch of Telltale games...so.....

The Walking Dead
--JR7-76RD4-8IPG0
to see

Grabbed this, my first Telltale game! btw I tried Wolf Among Us first and someone has claimed that one.

Thanks goon

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Begemot posted:

It has the improved translation and postgame content from the DS port, and the anime cutscenes from the PS1 port.
having the postgame content from the ds port is not a good thing

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Does the sale end tonight at rollover (19:00 local time) or tomorrow?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Zedd posted:

Does the sale end tonight at rollover (19:00 local time) or tomorrow?

Looking at steam pages it seems it ends tomorrow.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Occultatio posted:

Gonna ask once more in hopes that somebody has played and has opinions on these, especially Wintermoor and Madorica:

I've played a bit of Wintermoor, it's a charming game and pretty light on the tactics stuff if that's what you're worried about. It's basically just move -> hit stuff, and difficulty is basically just how efficiently you can get through a stage.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Begemot posted:

I can't stand it when they add cutscenes to old games.

That said, it's good to buy the games to support the company. If not in the least to show that there is still interest in the franchise.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

punk rebel ecks posted:

That said, it's good to buy the games to support the company. If not in the least to show that there is still interest in the franchise.

The cutscenes were added four years after the original and were done by the original illustrator, Akira Toriyama, of Dragon Ball fame. It's not like they added cutscenes twenty years later.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The cutscenes were added four years after the original and were done by the original illustrator, Akira Toriyama, of Dragon Ball fame. It's not like they added cutscenes twenty years later.

This is still bad and dumb.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

HopperUK posted:

It sounds like you already know you don't want to play Journey.

But I feel like I should, you know?

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007
Will Grip scratch my nostalgic itch for Bullfrog's Hi-Octane?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

That said, it's good to buy the games to support the company.

destroy all companies actually

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Goddammit I'm going to put it my wishlist for these. Thanks

(Yes I've played it like 3 times but I have never beaten it)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
How's the Destiny 2 DLC if I'm mostly going to play it solo?

I've finished the base game and heard good things about Forsaken?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I want Chrono Cross to get the same treatment that FF9 got...

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Cartoon Man posted:

It will get FF8 Remastered treatment so you have the privilege of paying modders on patreon for their AI-upscaled textures. It is me, the person complaining about companies like Bethesda charging for player-made mods and then running off to create a patreon to fund my leasing of technology so I can charge for mods. (Not actually defending Bethesda)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Void Bastards is smaller than Prey: Mooncrash, and you didn't even finish Mooncrash? Hmmm.... I didn't think Mooncrash was all that large.

The Void Bastards trailer has the narrator from the Stanley Parable in it, but is that only a trailer thing, or do they comment on stuff in the game itself?

Yeah he’s the game’s guide character and has a fair bit of dialogue, though he’s not a narrator/live commentary like in stanley parable

Mooncrash took me...15 hours to finish? FWIW 17 hours is on the high side for void bastards, my first run was 13 and I can now do hard bastard ironman in 8 or so. mooncrash’s format is fairly different and leads up to trying to win 5 times in a row with different characters within the same game space that carries over between characters, while you never revisit a void bastards ship.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

punk rebel ecks posted:

Given the events of Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers I am not sure showing more interest for the Chrono Trigger franchise is a good idea.

[edit]Even though Chrono Trigger is easily, IMNHO, the best JRPG of the 16-bit era and I haven't played a JRPG I've enjoyed more than it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Given the events of Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers I am not sure showing more interest for the Chrono Trigger franchise is a good idea.

[edit]Even though Chrono Trigger is easily, IMNHO, the best RPG of the 16-bit era.

I thought Chrono Cross was good?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I thought Chrono Cross was good?

It’s amazing until the third act when they poo poo all over Chrono Trigger. Up till that point it could have been it’s own unrelated game.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Chrono Cross was good, but not for any reason related to Chrono Trigger.

Worth noting: The developers did not consider it a sequel to Trigger ("If we wanted it to be the next part of the Chrono Trigger story, we would have called it Chrono Trigger 2."), and the connections are not foremost in the story by any means.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I'm shocked that Square never made another game being how popular Trigger is. Even today.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

punk rebel ecks posted:

This is still bad and dumb.

much like yourself

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Kingdoms of Amalur will probably get a re-re-master once they get this technology off the ground.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Samuringa posted:

much like yourself

Turn on your monitor.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cartoon Man posted:

Good news, someone recently found out how to use a PSX emulator to upload hi-res textures. This only happened on June 20th
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chrono-cross-ai-upscaled-running-beetle-psx.228793/

Eager to see how this progresses. FF9 with the A.I. upscaling mod is GORGEOUS.

Regarding Chrono Trigger, I ended up refunding it last year after I couldn't get the font to look like the original font. I loved that font, the ol' original Apple font or whatever it was. For whatever reason I couldn't properly feel nostalgia unless I was lookin at that font, it just annoyed me the entire time. I think SNES emulation is the way to go, honestly. Plus the Steam version uses the new translation that, while good, isn't the original lines I remember reading

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 8, 2020

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Antigravitas posted:

Huh, I knew Wurm Online was getting a steam release at some point to try and not die a slow death, but apparently it's this month already https://store.steampowered.com/app/1179680/Wurm_Online/

This feels really weird. Wurm predates Steam, it predates a ton of other games in fact, it's at least 15 years old now.

I'm kind of tempted to start anew on the Steam server. It's such a relaxing game (when you aren't getting lost in the woods and murdered by giant spiders)

How does this compare to Wurm Unlimited? I’d love to play on a smaller carebear server with goons. :kiddo:

Last one I played on was a public server but it had a nice x3 experience/build multiplier which was really helpful.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I feel really fortunate to own a SNES and a PVM to play these old games on. By far the best experience.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm not sure what a PVM is, but the ideal situation is an old CRT TV.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Looking for input, most importantly: is this NFS "the good one" since I no longer have a 360 to play the actual good one.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 8, 2020

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I mean, its not BAD, but its just so obviously Burnout. I think how much you enjoy it will be based on how much that bothers you. That combined with fond memories of the original game just put a sour taste in my mouth about the whole thing.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm not sure what a PVM is, but the ideal situation is an old CRT TV.

PVM stands for Professional Video Monitor.

It's a "high end CRT".

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Ah, so its not a Parallel Virtual Machine like my google search led me to believe. I'd never heard of these high end CRTs but now I'm interested

edit: Nevermind I just saw some prices and I am now uninterested.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I mean, its not BAD, but its just so obviously Burnout. I think how much you enjoy it will be based on how much that bothers you. That combined with fond memories of the original game just put a sour taste in my mouth about the whole thing.
I mean, I love Burnout? But I already own Paradise City.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ah, so its not a Parallel Virtual Machine like my google search led me to believe. I'd never heard of these high end CRTs but now I'm interested

edit: Nevermind I just saw some prices and I am now uninterested.

They're worth it. I managed to get one right before the price spike for only $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Shrecknet posted:

I mean, I love Burnout? But I already own Paradise City.

I just couldn't shake this feeling that I'd rather either be playing Burnout or Most Wanted 2005 the entire time. My experience may be subjective though.