Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t think I’ve known anyone who put sugar in their pasta sauce but idk.

I’m in nyc so I work with a ton of Italian Americans who love to talk about their cooking, even though the conversation is usually the same

Cook: I made the best sauce this weekend

Everyone:ooooh niiice

Cook: I start with the best fresh tomatoes

Everyone: mmmm

Cook: then fresh basil, its gotta be fresh!

Everyone: oh yeah that’s right

Cook: then I use the best olive oil

Everyone, orgasmically: ohhh yeeah thats how you do it!!!

Like they’ve got some secret to making good sauce that everyone is missing out on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The canned pasta sauce I buy in Canada never contains sugar, but pizza sauce often does. I hate pizza sauce.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just take a big ol' tomato and roll it in sugar

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Sorry wrong thread!!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Snowy posted:

It's literally in The Godfather, so presumably it's not unheard of as a traditional practice. Premade sauce is one thing (it's not gross only because of the sugar content) but it's not like fat white Midwesterners are tossing sugar in sauce because they don't know any other way to cook. Tomatoes are sweet and a little sugar can help bring the flavor out even more.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It's literally in The Godfather, so presumably it's not unheard of as a traditional practice. Premade sauce is one thing (it's not gross only because of the sugar content) but it's not like fat white Midwesterners are tossing sugar in sauce because they don't know any other way to cook. Tomatoes are sweet and a little sugar can help bring the flavor out even more.

Sugar is typically used to offset the acidity of tomatoes/tomato paste. A dash of milk also does this without potentially adding sweetness.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zzulu posted:

I just take a big ol' tomato and roll it in sugar

this is called a red n frosty and is extremely common in Indiana

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Epstein/comments/hnckn0/umaxwellhill_the_reddit_account_with_the_8th_most/

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I still don't buy it. I mean, the most prolific redditor is a pedophile? Big surprise. The correlation that it's Ghislaine seem spurious, and I don't think that Ghislaine comes across as someone terminally online.

I would suggest reading other posts in /r/Epstein before coming to a conclusion because it's some Pizzagate poo poo.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

xtal posted:

I still don't buy it. I mean, the most prolific redditor is a pedophile? Big surprise. The correlation that it's Ghislaine seem spurious, and I don't think that Ghislaine comes across as someone terminally online.

I would suggest reading other posts in /r/Epstein before coming to a conclusion because it's some Pizzagate poo poo.

Yes people go off the deep end a bit about it, but you also don't want to be one of those idiots who thinks Epstein killed himself

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

hawowanlawow posted:

this is called a red n frosty and is extremely common in Indiana

We called those clown coke noses where I grew up.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

Yes people go off the deep end a bit about it, but you also don't want to be one of those idiots who thinks Epstein killed himself

Despite the speculated Mossad connection to Ghislaine's father, I don't think that's why they are bolding the word "Israel" everywhere, either.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

xtal posted:

Despite the speculated Mossad connection to Ghislaine's father, I don't think that's why they are bolding the word "Israel" everywhere, either.

Oh. Oh gently caress.

Appropriate content for the reddit thread though

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t know about that user being Maxwell but this tweet referenced in that thread is something

https://twitter.com/ekp/status/1280020996460670976?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RabbitWizard posted:

I'm going on vacation and probably kill a poor person that is forced to carry my poo poo up a mountain. Pls don't make fun of me when I die, because that would make you a bad person, kthx

Yeah I mean we have no qualms about calling out CODIDiots for exposing the waitstaff to a deadly respiratory virus, and climbing Everest is multiple times deadlier than COVID, even for experienced mountaineers.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
COVID spreaders endanger waaaaay more people

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ghislaine Maxwell was “Violentacrez” and the guy “exposed” as being behind that account in 2012 was a patsy.

It makes more sense then the Maxwellhill hypothesis.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Snowy posted:

Litteraly the first result for American bolognaise
https://foodal.com/recipes/pasta/perfect-spaghetti/
1-2 table spoons of sugar

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jestery posted:

Litteraly the first result for American bolognaise
https://foodal.com/recipes/pasta/perfect-spaghetti/
1-2 table spoons of sugar

Fair enough but that does say American style and why the hell would you intentionally pick American style of any foreign food? Midwest theme parties?

But yeah a little bit of sugar is one thing but now that I look at some recipes it seems like people wayyy overdo it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

But hey, in Sweden they squeeze a hanging udder full of ketchup all over their pasta so maybe American sugar sauce isn’t so bad

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Cross post from the Food Television thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJooANabXpE

This recipe is mostly ketchup and rice syrup. It's not only Americans. In Japan there's a dish that's spaghetti, ketchup and hot dogs.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Christ I hate food derails. It's worse than people talking about their dreams.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Even my nightmares don't involve that much ketchup. But you can combine the reddit horror with the cooking horror, if you read any thread there about carbonara.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

I’ve been playing a lot of COD with my brother recently, so I’ll do my best to kill this dork with nothing but dick shots if I see him.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

The last of us 2 Gamer thing seems to just keep getting worse on reddit or the Gamer culture is just getting worse in general but they seem to get more extreme and unhinged every day.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Flannelette posted:

The last of us 2 Gamer thing seems to just keep getting worse on reddit or the Gamer culture is just getting worse in general but they seem to get more extreme and unhinged every day.

Got any especially good links? I hate to wade around in there more than I have to.

E- nm I did it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's the natural order of things once you have a critical mass of insane unhinged people - the more moderate people progressively see how unhinged the conversation is, and peace out, until only the crazies remain.

At some point you just gotta Aliens that poo poo.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Jabor posted:

It's the natural order of things once you have a critical mass of insane unhinged people - the more moderate people progressively see how unhinged the conversation is, and peace out, until only the crazies remain.
Yeah I hate when I see that happening

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Eventually people will realize TLOU1 story was overrated.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Uh huh.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Eventually people will realize TLOU1 story was overrated.

It mostly just had a punchy cinematic opening sequence

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I just don't think quick-time-events can carry an entire narrative.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Seems to me that instead of trying to tie the #8 all time reddit poster to a global pedophile conspiracy, they should consider what exactly it is about reddit that allows an out-and-out pedophile to become the first person to hit one million karma and still be #8 of all time. It’s kinda frustrating because the only reason to even think this is a slightly similar name and the fact that the user is a pedophile, but literally all the old reddit power users were pedophiles! It’s not a distinguishing factor! They got so much karma because they were posting on all the jailbait forums before they got shut down!

Anyways, to add some actual, check out this post of a palace guard in London pushing a woman. Look at how thirsty everyone is for the video of a woman being shoved, demanding to know where they can find additional videos, opining about how much joy watching this makes them feel.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

houstonguy posted:

Anyways, to add some actual, check out this post of a palace guard in London pushing a woman. Look at how thirsty everyone is for the video of a woman being shoved, demanding to know where they can find additional videos, opining about how much joy watching this makes them feel.

They're pretty loving gross but lol @ the comments where idiots make out the Queen's Guard to be some hyper elite regiment with carte blanche to shoot anybody on sight.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Theophany posted:

They're pretty loving gross but lol @ the comments where idiots make out the Queen's Guard to be some hyper elite regiment with carte blanche to shoot anybody on sight.

They can't just do that but they are allowed to point their guns at you and yell a lot

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Jabor posted:

:ironicat: but like, at the reader.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Continuity RCP posted:

They can't just do that but they are allowed to point their guns at you and yell a lot

That's more like your average cop in a bumfuck midwestern town than the SAS.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Theophany posted:

That's more like your average cop in a bumfuck midwestern town than the SAS.

Probably kills fewer people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://np.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/hnws81/tifu_by_getting_an_airbnb_to_hookup_with_a_girl/

:ironicat:

OP rented a $300 airbnb in the middle of nowhere to hookup with some lady from tinder and was shocked that she doesn't show up so he decides to stalk her. If you look at his history you can see that he's a big nofap guy with anger issues.