Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It’s also consistently delicious, so enjoy!

It was very enjoyable! Probably not as fresh as you guys get it but still good :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

all the fun of going through TSA, now at your local taproom

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

danbanana posted:

https://twitter.com/OffcolorBrewing/status/1278482854859718661?s=19

Off Color not loving around.

That said, there's literally no reason to do this since it amounts to drinking beers at home.

Pre-order your beers? I can barely make a decision once I get to the brewery much less a few days before. This is intense.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

danbanana posted:

https://twitter.com/OffcolorBrewing/status/1278482854859718661?s=19

Off Color not loving around.

That said, there's literally no reason to do this since it amounts to drinking beers at home.

*reads long-rear end list of rules*

First reply:
"are babies in strollers allowed? she can’t walk at 9mo, so no risk of her running wild.

if she does though?? WOW advanced baby "

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Mr. Clark2 posted:

First reply:
"are babies in strollers allowed? she can’t walk at 9mo, so no risk of her running wild.

My youngest was running at 9 months!

Still struggling with words 3/4 of a year later so we've accepted this one is the athlete, not the genius.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Clark2 posted:

First reply:

yeah that's some bad parenting

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Bring a small child to run drinks, they're semi immune

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Flunky posted:

Bring a small child to run drinks, they're semi immune

That makes them super spreaders. Typhoid Gavin over there is licking his hands and handing us 3oz tasters OUT OF ORDER. drat it child, why would I open the flight with a milk stout? Now my pallete is blown!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
hahahaha I barely touched a 4 pack of Illusion of Safety and 2 of the cans POPPED and started spraying.
I remember a couple years ago when they were in glass bottles and they had a problem with the bottles exploding.
Luckily it did this in the store and not in my truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidwMzI-CKQ

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
gently caress my wallet Zillicoah is releasing a bottle conditioned helles today in stubbies.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

hahahaha I barely touched a 4 pack of Illusion of Safety and 2 of the cans POPPED and started spraying.
I remember a couple years ago when they were in glass bottles and they had a problem with the bottles exploding.
Luckily it did this in the store and not in my truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidwMzI-CKQ

accurate name

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Birthday is next week. Normally around now we'd be going on a long weekend to Vermont but that's out of the question so I just splurged on a bunch of Allagash and a little bit of Lawsons and other stuff from my local place.

In about two years Lawsons has gone from invisible, to having only Sip of Sunshine anywhere to having a pretty good variety in my neck of the woods. Settled on the Super Session #6 and Fayston Maple.

I'm oddly excited about all of the Allagash. Even though they get good distribution down here, for some reason I just never buy anything they make except for the odd bottle of Curieaux. I think I'm just so used to seeing it on the shelves that it's easy to ignore.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Gonna split my poo poo between this and the Discord just to keep y'all on your toes.

Pinthouse Green Battles is the kind of thing peak Alpine would push out regularly. Dry West Coast IPA with "modern" hops. poo poo rules.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Haven't had it in a couple years but Nancy is/was real good poo poo

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

danbanana posted:

Gonna split my poo poo between this and the Discord just to keep y'all on your toes.

Pinthouse Green Battles is the kind of thing peak Alpine would push out regularly. Dry West Coast IPA with "modern" hops. poo poo rules.

Having actual bitter pale ales is such a welcome change of pace from all the haze :hai:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

air- posted:

Having actual bitter pale ales is such a welcome change of pace from all the haze :hai:

It's really not bitter, though. Feels like that period where tropical hops were prevalent before haze took over. This was my jam.

Apache
May 11, 2004

danbanana posted:

It's really not bitter, though. Feels like that period where tropical hops were prevalent before haze took over. This was my jam.

So Jai alai was your jam?

Went to Tampa Bay Brewing Co yesterday for lunch, since their food sales are enough to allow them to sell on premise beer. The beer was pretty good, but sitting outside in the FL heat wasn't too fun, even with the fans going on their patio. The rest of Ybor in general was pretty dead though. Apparently the Barrie Haus can release went well for them, they claim to only have a few cases left of their Crispy Boi series Kolsch IPA left. Looking forward to cracking one of those in the pool later.

Apache fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 5, 2020

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Apache posted:

So Jai alai was your jam?

Yes though I associate that closer to the bitter IPAs than what I'm talking about, which is basically post-Zombie Dust, pre-haze era. When Citra and the southern hemisphere hops took over. Basically, Alpine.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I know there's some NJ goons that post in here; are any of the local places aside from Carton and Kane worth picking up?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I appreciate when a box arrives and someone has put something in to challenge my tastes, but - air, this hazy triple IPA is gross looking and tastes like stomach acid and poorly made mimosas.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Toebone posted:

I know there's some NJ goons that post in here; are any of the local places aside from Carton and Kane worth picking up?

Referend Bier Blendery
Fuego from Tonewood is a delicious IPA you can find in most liquor stores

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Quiet Feet posted:

Birthday is next week. Normally around now we'd be going on a long weekend to Vermont but that's out of the question so I just splurged on a bunch of Allagash and a little bit of Lawsons and other stuff from my local place.

In about two years Lawsons has gone from invisible, to having only Sip of Sunshine anywhere to having a pretty good variety in my neck of the woods. Settled on the Super Session #6 and Fayston Maple.

I'm oddly excited about all of the Allagash. Even though they get good distribution down here, for some reason I just never buy anything they make except for the odd bottle of Curieaux. I think I'm just so used to seeing it on the shelves that it's easy to ignore.
Quite the birthday haul

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Toebone posted:

Jersey Girl, ManSkirt and Czigmeister are all super close to each other and very worth the drive in the Hackettstown/ Mt Olive area. It's also just a nice area of the state too if you're out for a drive. Be sure to also stop by Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville for a cheap deep fried dog, fries, and birch beer or buttermilk.

Bolero Snort is awesome, they have tons of really good and fun cans. Everything from them is delicious. Jersey Cyclone is a cute little place, but not a big can selection at this time.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

vivat virtute posted:

Referend Bier Blendery
Fuego from Tonewood is a delicious IPA you can find in most liquor stores

Picked up a six pack of Fuego, this is real nice! Thanks for the rec.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Jersey Girl, ManSkirt and Czigmeister are all super close to each other and very worth the drive in the Hackettstown/ Mt Olive area. It's also just a nice area of the state too if you're out for a drive. Be sure to also stop by Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville for a cheap deep fried dog, fries, and birch beer or buttermilk.

Bolero Snort is awesome, they have tons of really good and fun cans. Everything from them is delicious. Jersey Cyclone is a cute little place, but not a big can selection at this time.

Hackettstown is not too far from me, I'll have to check those places out once everything is reopened. Hot Dog Johnny's is a favorite.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Speaking of beer recs...

I'm going to be in Vancouver, WA soon. What's good up there?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Beer from Portland. (Level has a space near PDX that's just on the Oregon side of the Columbia)

Real Talk: Trap Door & Brothers Cascadia are good and in Vancouver. Grains Of Wrath are really good, but further east in Camas. Loowit has been around for a while but I don't recall really liking anything of theirs. Lastly, avoid Beerded Brothers. It's owned by the 2nd worse person I've ever had to work with and according to her they're known for their ambers and their IPA while being bootlicking shitheels.

highme fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 8, 2020

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Cracked open one of the Fayston maples I got and it's a lot nicer than I remember. Sweet and chocolatey. The first four-pack I bought a while back had the same routines but the other flavors were muted and it was a bit astringent.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think I remember another CT goon a while back mentioning Powder Hollow, and I’m drinking their West Coast IPA right now. It’s real good, 4 out of 5

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

highme posted:

Beer from Portland. (Level has a space near PDX that's just on the Oregon side of the Columbia)

Real Talk: Trap Door & Brothers Cascadia are good and in Vancouver. Grains Of Wrath are really good, but further east in Camas. Loowit has been around for a while but I don't recall really liking anything of theirs. Lastly, avoid Beerded Brothers. It's owned by the 2nd worse person I've ever had to work with and according to her they're known for their ambers and their IPA while being bootlicking shitheels.

I've heard good things about Fortside, I've only had a few of their beers early on and they were just okay, but I'm told they're doing better stuff now.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think I remember another CT goon a while back mentioning Powder Hollow, and I’m drinking their West Coast IPA right now. It’s real good, 4 out of 5

Would you call it a good armchair beer?

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

highme posted:

I'm fine going to Portland, too. I'll be there a week, so the beer is ripe.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

13.5% chocolatey goodness

Wound up being much more mild and tame than I expected for a beer that strong.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Speaking of beer recs...

I'm going to be in Vancouver, WA soon. What's good up there?

Heathen Brewing is solid. Grains of Wrath is probably the best brewery in the area, but is in Camas, a short drive away.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Drinking Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett Raspberry, and it is a wonderful mess.

You go in expecting an American Fruited Red Sour, something in the vein of Cascade, and to a large degree it is that; ripping sour from lacto allowed to run wild with little interference from hops, none of the acetic acid from its Belgian forebears, but in its place citric acid from the raspberries bring you into that realm of face-hurting sourness that rates so well with beer geeks online. It's a big beer too but the brett, while subtle, dries out the body so it finishes very dry. Where it stands apart is by marrying this concept with something like a barrel-aged stout; the head, while it lasts, is coffee colored and little hints of roast, more coffee than chocolate, jump out at you between sips. There is a whiskey barrel character and it is far less subtle than what you might see in other sours. It's another layer of complexity, and adds to the mashup feeling, but most importantly it helps to round out the beer.

I think I wrote about the non-fruited version of this beer, and I liked that one too. Paradoxically, I feel like adding the fruit on top of an already complex, almost schizophrenic beer has really helped it. It covers up some of the more challenging roast and barrel character of the unfruited beer, and helps make up for the lack in yeast/brett complexity when comparing the beer to something like a lambic.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Bring back brut IPA s imo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Are they already not a thing anymore? I dont think I ever had one.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quiet Feet posted:

Are they already not a thing anymore? I dont think I ever had one.

You might have drunken one without even realizing it was a brutt

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I don't think I've seen one since like last summer except for a local brand. It's pretty good as a way to mix things up and a really good summer beer.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bruts kinda came an went though you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

My local joint has one. It's so drat delicious.

ThePopeOfFun fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 25, 2023