Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Other than the decks mentioned above I do see some demon warlock (highlander or cube), discard zoo and even shaman.

Some honorable mentions that I see less frequently:
Janky OTKs, usually druid.
Mill rogue/druid.
Jade idol.
Highlander mage/druid
Odd paladin.
Hadronox druid.
Mech aggro paladin.
galakrond rogue (for some reason?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Having an absolute blast getting back to legend via elemental quest mage. It's so refreshing to play something almost not random but not without the fun of Solarian screwing the board entirely anyways.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Goons Are Great posted:

Having an absolute blast getting back to legend via elemental quest mage. It's so refreshing to play something almost not random but not without the fun of Solarian screwing the board entirely anyways.

Is this a standard or wild deck?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Speaking of Wild stuff, maybe it gets a lot less fun at higher levels (haven't played a ton in the last week and it has long games so I'm just at Plat 7), but post-Raza nerf revert I've had a surprisingly good time with my DENIAL ESPORTS priest.

### Combo Breaker
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (2) Seance
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Hecklebot
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (5) Excavated Evil
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (5) Recruiter
# 1x (6) Entomb
# 1x (6) Lightbomb
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAEBAafDAx65BtMK1wryDP4Nkg/NE8MWhRe3F8cXgrUCg7sCt7sCursC2LsC0cEC38QCyccCic0CoM4C6NACkNMCy+YC5ogDlZQD/KMDn6kDkbEDzr4DAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

- Recruiter suits what I want to do better than Spawn of Shadows with Raza/Anduin up, a lot of the time you're stabilizing at lower health and it's still 14 burst damage on an empty board. I've considered throwing in a Squashling too for the potential 12 damage/10 heal swing, but I don't know what to cut for it

- Lightbomb was Dragonfire Potion until recently, the ubiquity of Dragonqueen Alexstrasza in like every slow deck made me swap that out. Debating between that and Mass Hysteria in that slot right now

- While I wish I could run Unseen Saboteur too for thematic purposes, it's been really bad in practice

- I've been able to heal past Odd Demon Hunters and pretty much any aggro deck that doesn't totally ball out, the really bad matchups are Big Priest, Vault Hunter, and Infinite Valeera Rogue with the 3/2s (although I haven't seen one of those in a while)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Power of Pecota posted:

Speaking of Wild stuff, maybe it gets a lot less fun at higher levels (haven't played a ton in the last week and it has long games so I'm just at Plat 7), but post-Raza nerf revert I've had a surprisingly good time with my DENIAL ESPORTS priest.

### Combo Breaker
#
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (2) Seance
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 1x (4) Hecklebot
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (5) Excavated Evil
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (5) Recruiter
# 1x (6) Entomb
# 1x (6) Lightbomb
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (7) Archbishop Benedictus
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAEBAafDAx65BtMK1wryDP4Nkg/NE8MWhRe3F8cXgrUCg7sCt7sCursC2LsC0cEC38QCyccCic0CoM4C6NACkNMCy+YC5ogDlZQD/KMDn6kDkbEDzr4DAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

- Recruiter suits what I want to do better than Spawn of Shadows with Raza/Anduin up, a lot of the time you're stabilizing at lower health and it's still 14 burst damage on an empty board. I've considered throwing in a Squashling too for the potential 12 damage/10 heal swing, but I don't know what to cut for it

- Lightbomb was Dragonfire Potion until recently, the ubiquity of Dragonqueen Alexstrasza in like every slow deck made me swap that out. Debating between that and Mass Hysteria in that slot right now

- While I wish I could run Unseen Saboteur too for thematic purposes, it's been really bad in practice

- I've been able to heal past Odd Demon Hunters and pretty much any aggro deck that doesn't totally ball out, the really bad matchups are Big Priest, Vault Hunter, and Infinite Valeera Rogue with the 3/2s (although I haven't seen one of those in a while)

How often is Benedictus worthwhile? By the time you've used your Highlander cards there won't be much left in your opponent's deck. Aside from that though it's a really fun deck. Recruiter is genius.

EDIT: I switched it out for Soul Mirror but Confessor Paletress would also be good.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 6, 2020

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Is this a standard or wild deck?

Oh no, that's standard
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Elemental Allies
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Learn Draconic
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (1) Violet Spellwing
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 1x (2) Khadgar
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Chenvaala
# 2x (4) Conjurer's Calling
# 1x (4) Water Elemental
# 1x (7) Archmage Antonidas
# 2x (8) Mana Giant
#
AAECAc2xAgiLA7gIlpoDuaUD+KwDwbgDxbgDjbsDC6sE5gSWBYOWA5+bA+KbA/+dA/usA/2sA/GvA/OvAwA=

You basically do the same crap every rogue ever does by throwing combos and using your mana all the time. Builds up the board in no time and offers a ton of variety to throw at your opponent.
The quest isn't even the center piece, the elementals are, but I put it in anyways with a few other minor adjustments from the elemental mage deck that's currently floating around, because it offers great late game potential and you can do ever meaner combos with an endless stream on discounted mage spells. Also it's fun to solve three quests in one go. Moved up to diamond 2 in no time with it, let's see if it's good enough for the final push.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Man, everytime I see a fun deck like this I load up the deck code and find I would need to drop 4k dust (2 legendaries and 2 epics) just to try it.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Really considering crafting Luna for wild. God, I cannot get enough draw. Give me all the cards.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Power of Pecota posted:

Speaking of Wild stuff, my DENIAL ESPORTS priest.

Great looking deck, I'm curious to try it out too. This reminds me of a deck I saw on YouTube that I've been having fun with. Basically, use all the battlecries to survive until you can Shudderwock for more hilarity.

### T E C H
# Class: Shaman
#
# 1x (1) Corrupt the Waters
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 1x (2) Questing Explorer
# 1x (2) Sandstorm Elemental
# 1x (3) Frozen Shadoweaver
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 1x (3) Saboteur
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 1x (4) Hecklebot
# 1x (4) Maiev Shadowsong
# 1x (4) The Darkness
# 1x (5) Barista Lynchen
# 1x (5) Big Game Hunter
# 1x (5) Boompistol Bully
# 1x (5) Doppelgangster
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Platebreaker
# 1x (5) Waste Warden
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (6) The Lurker Below
# 1x (6) Unseen Saboteur
# 1x (8) Jepetto Joybuzz
# 1x (8) The Runespear
# 1x (9) Shudderwock
#
AAEBAZnDAx7eBfkM+g6QFMMWiK8C+b8C5MIC38QC08UCoM4Cq+cC4ekCw+oC9uoC7/cClZQD0pgDvZkD2p0D/KMDu6UDz6UD4agD+7ADw7YD1r4D5b4D7b4Dk8IDAAA=

I cut the Hecklebot for a Healbot but otherwise the deck I use is the same. Highlight has been making a Raza priest cry after I pulled every minion from his hand and played all his spells in one Shudderwock turn.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Fenarisk posted:

Man, everytime I see a fun deck like this I load up the deck code and find I would need to drop 4k dust (2 legendaries and 2 epics) just to try it.

Whenever I think this, especially with legendaries I just play the deck without them and tell myself they would have been the last cards I drew anyway. With that deck the mana giants are really useful and enable the Conjurer's Callings but the legendaries really aren't essential. Have a look at Kibler's last few YouTube videos, he just hit legend with it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Olpainless posted:

Really considering crafting Luna for wild. God, I cannot get enough draw. Give me all the cards.

Do you already have Aluneth? Assuming you want to run a secret mage deck, of course.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

Do you already have Aluneth? Assuming you want to run a secret mage deck, of course.

Yup. The Luna is for more traditional decks where Aluneth'd just burn cards. Though Aluneth and Luna in a secret mage sounds :discourse:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Fenarisk posted:

victorious posted:

Whenever I think this, especially with legendaries I just play the deck without them and tell myself they would have been the last cards I drew anyway. With that deck the mana giants are really useful and enable the Conjurer's Callings but the legendaries really aren't essential. Have a look at Kibler's last few YouTube videos, he just hit legend with it.

Yeah Kibler is running that non-quest version and runs it with duplicate Arcane Amplifiers for 3 damage hero power instead, which is good for early game and against aggro. The other legendaries in that deck are also not necessarily essential, like Solarian is always a great to have but the deck wouldn't die without her, the two combo legendaries Antonidas and Chenvalaa are more important for that, but the former you often cannot play in time so it sometimes does end up being a rather low value card if the game is going fast (which is often does in this meta), Chenvalaa is probably the most important legendary there as it can build up your board very nicely, I routinely manage to get 5 spawns out of her in one turn, but it also would not necessarily be terrible without her. Khadgar is quite vital for Summoner's Calling though, which you obviously want to throw on the Mana Giants if possible, but I also had great successes using it on the dragon quest minion or even getting some lucky summons by mashing it onto Mana Cyclone's or even regular Solarian.
The general style in my version revolves around generating spells and minions to do crazy stuff, Kibler's version is less dependent on spells and focuses on the general value the elementals give combined with spawning minions with Khadgar and a higher tempo.

The reason I fiddled with the quest concept at all is because you play soooo many spells in such a short time frame that adding a quest seemed like a viable option and so far it does, as this way I can outrun other Mages and even priests or control heavy warriors by generating more stuff than usual. If I'd face nothing but DH and Face Hunters currently, I'd probably go back to Kibler's version instead and throw 3 damage fire bolts on everything that moves.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Thanks, khadgar and chenvalah are the two legendaries I do have, so I would just have to craft the arcane giants.

Any recommendations for replacing invocation and solarion?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Hey check this out:

Chadgar

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Ah right, forgot about Evocation. That one is very nice with the apprentice to throw out a ton of spells at once, but you can probably replace it with another spell. If you want to double down on the random part of Solarian, an unironic yogg box might be an option, a general alternative might be some control freeze spell like frost nova, just because I figured freezing stuff via spells I get from evocation often saved me well. You can fiddle around what to prefer on that though, maybe some more board control spell like rolling fireball, or cone of cold or maybe even a single secret just because.
In exchange for Solarian, although I would recommend to craft that one as it's a great card in general for all mage decks, I'd suggest another elemental like animated avalanche. I considered adding it, but the cost and the lack of option to replace it with made me stick with this list. It's a quite good card and good for value on the board, it's just atypcially expensive for this deck. Might work well though!

Feel free to report back what you chose and how it worked out for you.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Hey check this out:

Chadgar

woah wow drat

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Wondering if anyone has a link to a battlegrounds clip I remember. It's Brann/Khadgar antics, except in Bob's Tavern. Rafaam somehow plays the 1/1 token that instantly attacks, that hits a Yo-Ho-Hogre, that hits the 2/1 Pirate and makes a billion loving tokens or something? I think it was Chinese. Alternatively, any clips of things happening during the tavern phase with attacks are funny.

e: ok found it a minute afte rposting. wasn't exactly as i remembered, was even better. proclick

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/he7jmd/next_generation_battleground_strategy_found_this/

Quotey fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 6, 2020

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

RatHat posted:

How often is Benedictus worthwhile? By the time you've used your Highlander cards there won't be much left in your opponent's deck. Aside from that though it's a really fun deck. Recruiter is genius.

EDIT: I switched it out for Soul Mirror but Confessor Paletress would also be good.

Benedictus is a bad card (and honestly a dead card) the majority of the time, but I hate losing to mill decks and control warrior (not that it really exists anymore) enough that I like keeping it around. Otherwise, it's pretty good against really slow high-value decks (like the Jaina/Hex Lord Malacrass highlander Mage one) when you're both low on cards, adding an extra 8 of theirs can be pretty sick

(Also I opened a golden Benedictus and love dropping it)

E: Playing this insanely durdly fatigue deck I just got a casual 49 damage on board without Raza active. Usually Four Horsemen Paladin is a bad matchup, especially the list that runs the last kaleidosaur for the coin quest guys

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 7, 2020

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

### dnk's big deck
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Boom Squad
# 2x (1) Shield Slam
# 2x (1) Sword and Board
# 2x (2) Corsair Cache
# 2x (3) Bladestorm
# 1x (3) Bulwark of Azzinoth
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 1x (3) Ramming Speed
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 1x (4) Molten Breath
# 2x (5) Brawl
# 2x (5) Scrap Golem
# 2x (7) Evasive Drakonid
# 1x (8) Deathwing, Mad Aspect
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 1x (9) Archivist Elysiana
# 2x (10) Dimensional Ripper
#
AAECAQcI0gLWmQOGnQPbrQPfrQP/tAO+uQP5wgMLS6IE/weWlAP1qAOXrQOltgO4uQPAuQPNvgP2wgMA
#

Replace Archivist Elysiana with +1 Ramming Speed if you want to make it better against aggro but worse against control mirrors.

I’ve been playing this list for ~15 games now, and it’s both unique AND good! I feel a little shy about sharing it since I don’t want to see it everywhere, but also I gotta gush about it...

This is an extremely meta control warrior deck that’s entirely spells + lackey weapons + huge minions. Your optimal mulligan is, like: Sword and Board + Bladestorm + Ramming Speed + Corsair Cache

Just sit back, hero power, and keep the board clean until you can start dropping fat taunts.

Dimensional Rippers: in aggro matchups, these guys are either summoning taunts or rush/chargers (or Argus who will then cast it 2 more times). That’s usually a good enough play on its own, and if they don’t have answers it’s where you start winning. The occasional ripper after you’ve put Kargath Prime in your deck is supremely juicy. In control matchups, they’re insane value, and MOST control decks are optimized to deal with swarms of minions, not big fatties.

Bulwark of Azzinoth: honestly a really good card — especially if you have a taunt wall up. Playing that guy while sitting on 6 health just feels good — they need to hit you four times and THEN do more damage?! Unlikely. Also it can get pulled by Corsair Cache for 5 hits.

I’ve enjoyed playing it, and I hope someone else does too.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Oh my God is that a valuable looking standard deck running Bulwark?? I'm in love already

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Help I can't stop playing Galakrond Priest. Between Thoughtsteal, Shadow Madness, Madam Lazul, Soul Mirror, Murozond, Veilweaver, card generation, ect. you can pull off so much hilarious bullshit. I just faced a Pure Paladin and stole both of his Libram of Wisdom, and even made them cost 0 with a Thoughtstolen Aldor Truthseeker. People really need to play around Shadow Madness more.

Currently at 1520 wins with Priest. My only other class that's even golden is Mage with 733.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I opened bulwark and was bummed but no longer!

feller
Jul 5, 2006

RatHat posted:

Help I can't stop playing Galakrond Priest. Between Thoughtsteal, Shadow Madness, Madam Lazul, Soul Mirror, Murozond, Veilweaver, card generation, ect. you can pull off so much hilarious bullshit. I just faced a Pure Paladin and stole both of his Libram of Wisdom, and even made them cost 0 with a Thoughtstolen Aldor Truthseeker. People really need to play around Shadow Madness more.

Currently at 1520 wins with Priest. My only other class that's even golden is Mage with 733.

:guillotine:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

RatHat posted:

My two highest win counts are Priest at 1244 and Warlock at 342 :unsmigghh:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Power of Pecota posted:

Benedictus is a bad card (and honestly a dead card) the majority of the time, but I hate losing to mill decks and control warrior (not that it really exists anymore) enough that I like keeping it around. Otherwise, it's pretty good against really slow high-value decks (like the Jaina/Hex Lord Malacrass highlander Mage one) when you're both low on cards, adding an extra 8 of theirs can be pretty sick

(Also I opened a golden Benedictus and love dropping it)

E: Playing this insanely durdly fatigue deck I just got a casual 49 damage on board without Raza active. Usually Four Horsemen Paladin is a bad matchup, especially the list that runs the last kaleidosaur for the coin quest guys

I’m surprised to see a DK Uther deck at all.

Like, I legitimately can’t remember ever running into any in the few months I’ve been playing Wild.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I saw a video of Dane a couple days ago running one that uses the 0 mana books to refresh the hero power. Seems like it could be consistent? Problem is just getting your face killed down by secret mage or odd DH.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

RatHat posted:

What deck are you running for this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

teacup posted:

What deck are you running for this?

I’m using this

### Galakrond
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Thoughtsteal
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Madame Lazul
# 1x (3) Mindflayer Kaahrj
# 2x (3) Shadow Madness
# 2x (4) Fate Weaver
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Murozond the Infinite
#
AAECAZ/HAgbrmwOFrQOOsQPjtAPIvgPIwAMMHtwB0wqZqQPXrAParAPyrAP+rgPNrwOTugObugOvugMA
#

Originally had an Ooze instead of one of the Veilweavers but didn’t think it was useful enough. Murozond can probably be replaced if you don’t have it, maybe with a Skeletal Dragon. I wasn’t sure about Kaarhj at first but it’s actually quite good and flexible, even working as a 3/3 on turn 3 in a pinch.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

I’m surprised to see a DK Uther deck at all.

Like, I legitimately can’t remember ever running into any in the few months I’ve been playing Wild.

Wild is weird as gently caress right now. I ran into a Keleseth C'Thun Druid, a Kingsbane Rogue, and a Skull of the Man'ari Warlock that burst me down after I popped a Voidlord with Leeroy -> Zephrys -> Savage Roar in the last day

Second edit: At Platinum 1, I've swapped out Antonidas and Lightbomb for a Penance and a Soul Mirror and I'm going to try and push for Legend

Power of Pecota fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 8, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Battlegrounds have been around for a full expansion cycle. When do they stop being in the beta? What would be the difference?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Quickie: I've confirmed that Highlander Hunter is garbage.

Highlander Tempo DH though is very stupid in a funny way. I'm still stunned every game I win with this thing. List was pulled from a recent Masters Qualifier:

### CQ HL Aggro
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Battlefiend
# 1x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 1x (1) Ethereal Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Rocket Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Twin Slice
# 1x (1) Ur'zul Horror
# 1x (2) Amani Berserker
# 1x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
# 1x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Furious Felfin
# 1x (2) Sightless Watcher
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (2) Temple Berserker
# 1x (2) Umberwing
# 1x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (3) Magic Carpet
# 1x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 1x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAea5Ax6WBrWfA6WhA/yjA/SnA/2nA/muA5GxA4u6A8y6A6O7A9e7A8O8A8S8A+C8A429A9a+A9e+A96+A9++A+C+A7rGA8fGA9nGA9rGA9XIA/fIA/nIA/7IA//IAwAA
#

Usually I tinker with decks like this, but I just can't help but play this in it's glorious dumpster majesty. Somehow it all inexplicably works: The Magic Carpet and the Ur'zul Horror/Augmerchants, as your opponent hovers over these cards you've just played; the Temple Berserker somehow being really annoying for the opponent to remove in conjunction with your other creatures; the inevitable DQA blocking the left of your hand so you hardcast Skull of Guldan and end up winning anyways.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

AnacondaHL posted:

Quickie: I've confirmed that Highlander Hunter is garbage.

Highlander Tempo DH though is very stupid in a funny way. I'm still stunned every game I win with this thing. List was pulled from a recent Masters Qualifier:

### CQ HL Aggro
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Battlefiend
# 1x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 1x (1) Blazing Battlemage
# 1x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 1x (1) Ethereal Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Rocket Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Twin Slice
# 1x (1) Ur'zul Horror
# 1x (2) Amani Berserker
# 1x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
# 1x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Furious Felfin
# 1x (2) Sightless Watcher
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (2) Temple Berserker
# 1x (2) Umberwing
# 1x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (3) Magic Carpet
# 1x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 1x (3) Vulpera Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 1x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAea5Ax6WBrWfA6WhA/yjA/SnA/2nA/muA5GxA4u6A8y6A6O7A9e7A8O8A8S8A+C8A429A9a+A9e+A96+A9++A+C+A7rGA8fGA9nGA9rGA9XIA/fIA/nIA/7IA//IAwAA
#

Usually I tinker with decks like this, but I just can't help but play this in it's glorious dumpster majesty. Somehow it all inexplicably works: The Magic Carpet and the Ur'zul Horror/Augmerchants, as your opponent hovers over these cards you've just played; the Temple Berserker somehow being really annoying for the opponent to remove in conjunction with your other creatures; the inevitable DQA blocking the left of your hand so you hardcast Skull of Guldan and end up winning anyways.

This silly deck might actually get me to login at some point this season.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Dr Christmas posted:

Battlegrounds have been around for a full expansion cycle. When do they stop being in the beta? What would be the difference?

I'd assume they would do that as soon as the development itself is more or less complete and they focus on balance patches and maybe new stuff once per expansion. Now they still are introducing new minion types and fiddle around a lot, we get in total more patches for battlegrounds than regular hearthstone due to the density of patches and they still try out new heroes etc.
I'd assume they will go out of beta as soon as they are happy with the number of minion types (elementals and totem are technically still missing, if they want to go for that), the total number of minions and the available hero, focus on balancing instead of introducing new stuff every few weeks and only swap out heroes or minion rotations once per expansion. Don't think it will be a true difference than it is now for the regular player, just everything being a bit slower and less new stuff in longer time frames.

Plus I think they won't take it out of beta before the other new game mode drops.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i think it'll be out of beta when they're sure the monetization model is sustainable

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh no, that's standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Learn Draconic
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 1x (2) Khadgar
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 1x (3) Chenvaala
# 1x (4) Water Elemental
# 1x (7) Archmage Antonidas
# 2x (8) Mana Giant
#
AAECAc2xAgiLA7gIlpoDuaUD+KwDwbgDxbgDjbsDC6sE5gSWBYOWA5+bA+KbA/+dA/usA/2sA/GvA/OvAwA=

You basically do the same crap every rogue ever does by throwing combos and using your mana all the time. Builds up the board in no time and offers a ton of variety to throw at your opponent.
The quest isn't even the center piece, the elementals are, but I put it in anyways with a few other minor adjustments from the elemental mage deck that's currently floating around, because it offers great late game potential and you can do ever meaner combos with an endless stream on discounted mage spells. Also it's fun to solve three quests in one go. Moved up to diamond 2 in no time with it, let's see if it's good enough for the final push.

How are you getting on with this deck? I found it fun but only got a 40%ish win rate playing casual at diamond MMR. Felt like I couldn't have climbed with it. I made some tweaks though and this feels much more solid to me, maybe it's the same as the Kibler deck you mentioned?

### Custom Mage2
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (1) Evocation
# 2x (1) Learn Draconic
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 1x (2) Khadgar
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (3) Arcane Amplifier
# 1x (3) Chenvaala
# 1x (4) Water Elemental
# 2x (8) Mana Giant
#
AAECAf0EBosDlpoD+KwDwbgDxbgDjbsDDKsE5gSWBYOWA5+bA+KbA/+dA/usA/2sA/GvA/OvA4i2AwA=
#

In the first few games I've much more reliably got the spell draw from elementals which powers up chenvaala or gives the burst for lethal.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah, your version is pretty much Kibler's take, but you added Incanter's to it which he doesn't.
I realize that that one is simply more reliable, the reason it worked for me so far to climb that well is probably due to the fact that I mostly fought non-aggro decks for some reason. My main enemy was rogue until legend, which I was able to outcombo in late game using my constant stream of spells. A same result I got from fighting priests which along with control warriors and druids were my main opponents on the climb up.

Your version is more reliable and faster, which certainly should give more control and faster lethal against aggro and generally faster decks which I assumed to meet more, I guess I just got lucky in my way up. A 40 to 50% rate (currently looking at 66%) in total sounds more reasonable given the obvious weaknesses my version includes. So yeah, if you're focused on climbing better use that one for a better style and straightforward solutions in most situations.
However, I'll add that the quest is more fun. :sun:

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Goons Are Great posted:

However, I'll add that the quest is more fun. :sun:

And that's not to be overlooked! It's great when the deck gets going and you shoot off a whole hand of spells and then reload your hand at the end of the turn.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just played my first BG as Aranna and went for all 7 refreshes in the first 2 turns

it did not go very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1281272777211645952

holy poo poo

On July 14, we’ll be releasing a patch that includes balance updates for several cards in Standard. Craftable cards listed below will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.

Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).

Corsair Cache
Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.

Metamorphosis
Old: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 5 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to “Deal 4 damage.” After 2 uses, swap it back.

Kayn Sunfury
Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.

Warglaives of Azzinoth
Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].

Dragoncaster
Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].

Fungal Fortunes
Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].

Galakrond, the Nightmare
Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).

Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).

Galakrond, Azeroth’s End (Rogue)
Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).

We have some Battlegrounds updates planned for the near future as well. Stay tuned!