Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol everyone involved in/funding the Lincoln Project is going to vote for trump (again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Doctor Teeth posted:

lol everyone involved in/funding the Lincoln Project is going to vote for trump (again)
Even if they don’t, they will vote GOP downballot

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/AdyBarkan/status/1280882417780379649

Folksy E1 Joe gains laser focus the second it’s time to shut down Medicare for all or defunding the police. I loving hate him so much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Amber was right.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

your kickstarter sucks is a podcast about depression and suicidal ideation and it's very good

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
For me as someone who hasn't watched any of the things they talk about on this is suss.

The queer eye stuff I enjoy I think because it's reality tv and I can imagine it. Whereas the fictional characters/storylines I can't or don't find that interesting.

Is that the same for others? I am not sure if that is a good distinction.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

All American TV is so samey I can usually imagine the show that they are talking about.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I can't get into it either, I can't keep track of what's happening and I'm definitely not going to watch the shows beforehand just to get the jokes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jesse owns. And he got a shout-out in Charlie Kirk's book.

https://twitter.com/bronzehammer/status/1155900879788285952?lang=en

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jippa posted:

For me as someone who hasn't watched any of the things they talk about on this is suss.

The queer eye stuff I enjoy I think because it's reality tv and I can imagine it. Whereas the fictional characters/storylines I can't or don't find that interesting.

can't stand reality tv it's all just boring shitheads having a blowout argument about who's supposed to go pick something up at the store or the shipment of fancy garlic didn't show up to the kitchen so now dinner service is ruined

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

just rewatch the sopranos and the wire every other year

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Muppets On PCP posted:

can't stand reality tv it's all just boring shitheads having a blowout argument about who's supposed to go pick something up at the store or the shipment of fancy garlic didn't show up to the kitchen so now dinner service is ruined

I don't watch it either. I just meant I can imagine what is going on in that queer eye episode than some drama that I have never watched.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Amber was right.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BBJoey posted:

your kickstarter sucks is a podcast about depression and suicidal ideation and it's very good

Most of the YKS adjacent podcasts are pretty good too. The only ones that I can't really stand are the blocked party boys. Stefan seems like he tries to hard to be a twitter personality and John just has a very off putting personality.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Jippa posted:

By accident I ended up seeing some of Council of Dads the other day and I might have thought I was hallucinating it if I hadn't listened to the TIS episode on it, so that helped.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it's impossible to overstate the fever dream that the slap is, even the trailer for it is beyond ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq49v4oJvcE

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
My family was watching This Is Us when I went over for one of the holidays a few years ago. I thought it was a fake show. Every scene was dripping with bathos.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What other podcasts have the Chapo crew been on lately? Keeping track of that was the only good thing about the subreddit. I heard Matt on the Michael Brooks show recently.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They aren’t recent but I listened to the Feelix and Will Nostalgia Trap episodes last night while gaming and they were both very good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

What other podcasts have the Chapo crew been on lately? Keeping track of that was the only good thing about the subreddit. I heard Matt on the Michael Brooks show recently.

Matt was on the Blowback bonus episode about movies.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Where they didnt discuss 3 kings. So mad

Also, blowback has been really exceptional and almost made me sign up for that bullshit premium service when I the listened to the first couple eps.

Brendan and the other guy are good on the mic and the production is very entertaining. Subject matter feels like it was ancient history because the new feels like it moves so fast now but it's still is the defining story of whatever this age we're in now is

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Seconding that Blowback was extremely good

I didn’t remember Jessica Lynch testifying that her ‘rescue’ was entirely staged.

I had also not heard that a PR firm hired the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the US to make up a story about Iraqi troops throwing newborns out of incubators during the invasion in 1990. When she appeared in front of Congress she used a fake name to ‘protect’ her

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I took my name from the Jessica lynch thing back in the day because there was some news story about american troops shooting at a "terrorist ambulance"

Which turned out to be Iraqis risking their loving lives to return a lost, injured troop when they could have just dumped her body in a ditch and called it a day

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

Seconding that Blowback was extremely good

I didn’t remember Jessica Lynch testifying that her ‘rescue’ was entirely staged.

I had also not heard that a PR firm hired the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the US to make up a story about Iraqi troops throwing newborns out of incubators during the invasion in 1990. When she appeared in front of Congress she used a fake name to ‘protect’ her

Blowback has been great.

Because of it I got a Iraq War itch and currently reading Fiasco (the war was so much worse than I ever knew) than the follow up back The Gamble both by Thomas Ricks. Also grabbed The Emerald City large part to The Dollops Iraq War episode.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
There's loads of podcasts with Will Menaker guesting. I usually find em by name searching will menaker on the podcast addict app

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The only Talking Simpsons episodes I've listened to are the ones with Matt and Virgil.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Edit: misread

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

The only Talking Simpsons episodes I've listened to are the ones with Matt and Virgil.

This is the correct choice

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
theres the west wing thing eps with will and his g/f and the one with amber if you like amber

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The west wing thing with Matt is by far the best one. That psychotic 9/11 episode is an incredibly rich seam.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I see it listed as bonus episode 4 and there's a bonus episode 1 as well, what about 2 and 3?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How many weeks do we gotta wait for Blowback to be fully out. I wanna binge it.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doctor Jeep posted:

I see it listed as bonus episode 4 and there's a bonus episode 1 as well, what about 2 and 3?

They kept those hidden behind the Stitcher paywall

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Six more.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's so good I wanna forcibly shove it into the ears of everyone I know who is too young to actually remember most of this poo poo.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Matt shouting out Southland Tales was a real good time

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

BlackWolfFeed if you want all of it now.

But they haven't uploaded bonus episodes unfortunately. Fingers crossed though.

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

New episode dropped with Taibbi talking cancel culture so oh boy can’t wait for the discourse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eegah! posted:

New episode dropped with Taibbi talking cancel culture so oh boy can’t wait for the discourse.

noooooooooope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
taibbi is good