Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I will add that with the max level hospital you will be all but immune to even black death. I've had a late game Roman empire campaign, where all my provinces are on the sea, but since I had more money than Midas all had max level hospitals. So while my subjects would suffer, the plague never entered my territory. Though if you do get it, they don't help.

Also another danger with closing the gates is there are events that will bring up a food store mechanic. I have no idea what influences how much food you can store, or what starts this event chain, but if you get it, it is a timer on how long you have before you must open the gates. Unless you are of course, willing to serve man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Eimi posted:

Also another danger with closing the gates is there are events that will bring up a food store mechanic. I have no idea what influences how much food you can store, or what starts this event chain, but if you get it, it is a timer on how long you have before you must open the gates. Unless you are of course, willing to serve man.

The food counter always starts at 5 unless you have the Gardener trait, at which point it starts at 7.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

No Pants posted:

That isn't as big a deal as it seems if you're the dynast, since you can use your dynasty bucks to disinherit someone.

Sure, but that's probably going to seriously slow down your rate of accumulating dynastic perks. Though I suppose it depends on the balance.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

CK3 FAQ posted:

Will the Aztecs show up on the shores of Europe in CK3?
► No

:negative:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Cowards.

Rooting for the Tlaxcala now.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Maybe they'll only land in western Africa now.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

so this is what it’s like to have my ability to feel human taken away

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

PizzaProwler posted:

Maybe they'll only land in western Africa now.

Oh, yeah, that's a good point, it only says Europe. Now I'm hoping Tibet gets an Aztec invasion.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gimme the Zulu Dawn dlc, you cowards

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Haha funny post i bet your uncle who works at Paradox told you that, you almost had me with that blatant lie...

:smith:

Maybe it will be added later? Not that it's a huge loss for me, I've never actually enabled it, but it's comforting to know the option is there

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
The Malay armada approaches India!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Honestly I kinda wanna see what happens if Sunset Invasion 2: This Time It's Mayans gets announced.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Eimi posted:

I will add that with the max level hospital you will be all but immune to even black death. I've had a late game Roman empire campaign, where all my provinces are on the sea, but since I had more money than Midas all had max level hospitals. So while my subjects would suffer, the plague never entered my territory. Though if you do get it, they don't help.
They actually do help in that there's depopulation resistance, so instead of going from Booming to Severely Depopulated you'll probably only go from Booming to Normal. But it sure doesn't feel like that helps because it still takes a giant bite out of your tax income.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Good news in case you were on the fence.

CK3 FAQ posted:

Will I be able to seduce the Pope?
► Yes, and there's a special event for it

Haven't seen it confirmed yet if you can make Glitterhoof Pope first, and then seduce him.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have seen no confirmation of Glitterhoof at all.

It would seem strange to not have Glitterhoof in a CK game at this point but I am willing to be surprised.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Think how pretty the full 3D model for the best Chancellor will be.

If they don't include Glitterhoof there'll be a Day 1 Mod for it, I am sure.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Coward posted:

Think how pretty the full 3D model for the best Chancellor will be.

If they don't include Glitterhoof there'll be a Day 1 Mod for it, I am sure.

I would accept no Glitterhoof model if instead they just mod in this mask. Or just use this picture for all Glitterhoof related needs.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Demon_Corsair posted:

It's a little disappointing that the first say the expansion pack is 3 dlcs, then reveal that two of those are just flavor packs.

But I'm someone that only gets game play dlcs and ignores all the outfit content.

I don't think we've talked much about this yet, but it's not necessarily safe to assume that CK3 "flavor" packs will be the same as CK2 content packs.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm not totally convinced paradox can make a game as good as CK2 again but I hope I'm wrong

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Everything I've been reading about 3 has me very optimistic

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
That they are leaning into role playing as your character and having that supported with mechanics has me very excited.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

I listened to a podcast by some guys who'd gotten to play the game for a couple of hours and he mentioned it turned out to be a mistake to invite one of his dukes to a murder plot, because almost the moment the plot succeeded the duke turned around and blackmailed him into lowering his taxes.

sounds like a bug - a good old crusader kings hilarious bug though

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah that shouldn't be possible because that threat cuts both ways. the duke shouldn't be able to say "hey, i know the king killed this guy" without also saying "Btw i totally also helped kill this guy"

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Thanks for writing that up. That answered pretty much all of the questions that I wasn't able to articulate.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah I distinctly remember a paradox Q&A answer where they said you cannot blackmail someone with a secret that you are also a part of.

So either that was a bug in that build or they hadn't gotten around to adding that in the build they played.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's also possible he just misinterpreted what was happening - the duke could have found the 'killed a guy' secret by spying on him rather than participating.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Demon_Corsair posted:

That they are leaning into role playing as your character and having that supported with mechanics has me very excited.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chaotic Flame posted:

Everything I've been reading about 3 has me very optimistic

Yeah, same. The only thing I'm missing from CK2 is societies, and even then I'm not missing them too much.

Honestly the mere fact I won't have to buy extra DLCs to play as all the religions on the map is more than enough for me.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Hellioning posted:

Yeah, same. The only thing I'm missing from CK2 is societies, and even then I'm not missing them too much.

I'm sad about this, but I'm hoping that feudal contracts, finding hooks and landing dynasty members make up for it on the passing-time portions of the game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The North Tower posted:

Thanks for writing that up. That answered pretty much all of the questions that I wasn't able to articulate.

you're welcome. don't hesitate to ask about systems again, i enjoy diving the code.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hellioning posted:

At some point I'm sure I'd like societies to make an appearance again, but at the same time it really looks like there's going to be enough going on in between wars that I don't know that I'm going to miss them anytime soon.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Societies should definitely come with big drawbacks and commitments though. The current system is a bit boring.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah the main issue with societies is that they aren't super well integrated to the general thrust of the game. It's a little side game you play when you aren't doing something more important. I like the idea of them, I just think that after you do the satanists or hermetics a few times you've kind of seen everything interesting there is to see and then the rest is just doing it for the stat buffs.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I got the CK2 itch again just to find out we aren't nearly as far away from CK3 as I thought. 2020 Time Dilation had me thinking we were still a good two years out. Turns out we're less than two months away!

I'm really digging how it sounds like you have much more direct influence on your army composition and retainers than you did in CK2. That was one of my biggest complaints really, you basically just hit recruit and smashed your poo poo into the target until you got to 100% or used a retinue to blitz the target(unless this was dramatically changed. I last played Ck2 about a year ago)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I think societies are very good when they increase your involvement with other characters, but bad when they give you superpowers. This is also why I'm not a big fan of artifacts - the most fun in ck2 imo is trying to keep the kingdom alive when Eric Trump takes the throne, and that's less interesting when the dumbest and most inbred leaders get a million + attributes and buttons to get good traits.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And with societies, I think Satanists are probably one of the worst additions to the game, definitely never want to see them again

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Satanists own, actually

hth

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Satanists are a cool idea, but the only fun thing actually playing with them involves getting a guaranteed spawn of satan. And even then, you either have to be a woman or get lucky enough to have your wife also be a satanist. Otherwise you take stat penalties for doing anything fun as a satanist and just kinda hope that none of them mess with you as a non-satanist.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
It is fun to build a Satanic empire where you reach the top of the society and abuse the "subordinates will accept any diplomacy action from you" to diplo-vassalize a shitload of otherwise unrelated land (and abusing possession to get the same effect on people who aren't satanists).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So checking out the new Monarch's Journey, how to I get mass-converted?