Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I can't wait for a noticeable amount of people on Twitter to stan for Hitler and say he's being mischaracterized. 2020 is great and I'm not at all dying inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1281300715537928194
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1281301859689533440

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You know, when I read White Noise in college lit, I never thought Hitler Studies would be like a real thing a decade later.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kalli posted:

Dale would eventually wear a mask with a hole cut in it for his cigarettes.

Bill would never have his mask covering both his nose and mouth at the same time.

Peggy is 150% sure that masks cause suffocation.

Cotton refuses to wear a mask on the premise that he breathed in too much Natzi Gas during the war and his lungs are impervious to any disease as a result.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol can’t make up that kind of timing.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The Meaning Of Hitler is a really bad title

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

indigi posted:

The Meaning Of Hitler is a really bad title

Yeah, but if the synopsis is accurate we probably need that docu-whatever right now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It should have been called "Hitler bad Mkay"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crossposting from NFC North since I know there's a bunch of people here who like to bag on Rodgers. Normally the story is that the Packers are wasting Rodgers by not getting him weapons, this take turns it around and says that it's Rodgers who is wasting Davante Adams.

quote:

One of the more interesting hot takes about the Packers I've read this summer: Rodgers is a poor fit for Davante Adams.

"You have the best receiver in the league for the first 2.5 seconds of every play. Learn to play within structure."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sash! posted:

Cotton refuses to wear a mask on the premise that he breathed in too much Natzi Gas during the war and his lungs are impervious to any disease as a result.

Cotton refuses because he's dead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kahn gets hate crimed.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

viral marketing has gone too far

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
BOBBY, stay inside! Wait, go, go outside! GET IN THE CAR AND TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONER!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sash! posted:

In my opinion masking and social distancing are great ways to prevent the spread of the corrrrrrrrrrona virus.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

corrrrrrrrrrona

el vomito, la diarrhea

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cotton refuses because he's dead.

Like they wouldn't find some way to have Cotton turn up in our Very Important Coronavirus Episode

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cotton would be against masks until Peggy guilts him to wear one for Bobby

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Metapod posted:

Cotton would be against masks until Peggy guilts him to wear one for G.H.

FTFY

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I think it makes sense to limit interactions after games. If someone does have it on the field that doesn't mean it's automatically going to everyone else. Better to keep offenses away from other offenses and defenses away from the other defenses.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Artonos posted:

I think it makes sense to limit interactions after games. If someone does have it on the field that doesn't mean it's automatically going to everyone else. Better to keep offenses away from other offenses and defenses away from the other defenses.

Just gotta hope you don’t run out of bandaids to put over those arterial bleeds

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Hot Diggity! posted:

E: I think a big problem with the team has been tied to a) Dom Capers, and b) relying on Ted Thompson being awake during the draft. They did not draft well at all in the 2010s. The defensive scheme and drafting philosophies didn't mesh at all.

I'm still so pissed at Ted Thompson for not drafting TJ Watt. Would have filled a need and gotten a great player from Wisconsin.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Artonos posted:

It doesn’t make sense to have games.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Apparently Malik Jackson also posted and deleted some Farrakhan poo poo on his Instagram now

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It doesn’t make sense to have games.

I mean yeah I agree. But can you Imagine the optics if two qb's infected each other or something. Plus it'll be a nice thing to talk about for announcers after a game ends. It's also about the optics of it where the NFL needs to do little things to deflect from the big dumb thing of playing games.

I totally admit this is not what my first post made it sound like. Its pre-emptive damage control.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Apparently Malik Jackson also posted and deleted some Farrakhan poo poo on his Instagram now

A few athletes have given him their support and it's not a very good look. The lack of response from the NFL or NBA is also not a good look.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Artonos posted:

I mean yeah I agree. But can you Imagine the optics if two qb's infected each other or something. Plus it'll be a nice thing to talk about for announcers after a game ends. It's also about the optics of it where the NFL needs to do little things to deflect from the big dumb thing of playing games.

I totally admit this is not what my first post made it sound like. Its pre-emptive damage control.

It's not even pre emptive damage control. It's literally a "What's the absolute minimum thing we can do" "Oh...that. ok guys let's go to lunch".

Stopping them from doing postgame poo poo will prevent nothing. Like... literally nothing.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Wow did know Eldeman was Jewish. Thats gotta be rare in the NFL.

So Patrick Mahomes is going to blow out his ACL in game one and have to retire.

Its also good and cool to punish people with addiction issues. Its not like its a disease in the DSM V or anything. Thank you for continuing the cycle of drug abuse NFL.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Juggernaut posted:

Wow did know Eldeman was Jewish. Thats gotta be rare in the NFL.

Its also good and cool to punish people with addiction issues. Its not like its a disease in the DSM V or anything. Thank you for continuing the cycle of drug abuse NFL.

How can you expect the NFL to have an enlightened stance on addiction when there are more than a few posters on this very gay dead subforum that are happy to castigate the afflicted?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Juggernaut posted:

If he does, he takes home $140m insurance payment and teaches kids how to throw the rest of his life.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Do as many ads as you can
Go into 2022 season
Fake knee injury
Enjoy 250 mil in your bank
Actually comprehend math and not shy from light at 40

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

CyberPingu posted:

It's not even pre emptive damage control. It's literally a "What's the absolute minimum thing we can do" "Oh...that. ok guys let's go to lunch".

Stopping them from doing postgame poo poo will prevent nothing. Like... literally nothing.

It sounds like we agree. Damage control for the narrative is what I was getting at. Not actually controlling infections. There's going to be tons of news stories about this kind of stuff coming out during camp. It all is for providing cover to the NFL.

We're doing the same kind of thing at my workplace. We're supposed to clean in and out everywhere we are all day by spraying surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. Except everyone shares the same stuff and uses things back to back in different areas. And there's no enforcement. But my company can point at the signs and X's on the floor and say "see look at all we're doing. If anything bad happens it must've been the employees fault. It has nothing to do with open concept cubicles shoved as close as possible."

Sorry for the confusion earlier

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Debating which season I'm going to go through on Gamepass when there's no NFL this year. Thinking either 2017 so I can search the Eagles SB year or just rewatching last year so I can try to remind myself what 2019 was like to keep up to speed.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
2015 but skip the playoffs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Love that not minimizing an addicts issues means I want him broke.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1281644086336688128

uhhh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’ve found it pretty disturbing that not only has there been barely a peep condemning DeSean from his fellow athletes but if anything he’s gotten subtle support about it from a few.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’ve found it pretty disturbing that not only has there been barely a peep condemning DeSean from his fellow athletes but if anything he’s gotten subtle support about it from a few.

Pro sports have an anti-semitism problem that we are never going to hear about although we basically never hear about most of the problems in pro sports as is.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Jfc Malcolm. Antisemitism so strong he has to risk police reform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1281624368859283463?s=20

Happy about the amount of Joe Flacco comments in the replies