Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i had coffee today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im drinking coffee right now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

same, friend

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

drippin’

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

having coffee

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’m thinkign about it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I broke down and got cold brew from S*arb*cks.

:(:coffee:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Schadenboner posted:

I broke down and got cold brew from S*arb*cks.

:(:coffee:

hnnnnngggrgh you are saved by the virtue of cold brew

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
My life improved once I figured out that what everyone else around here just called "Iced Coffee" was "Cold Brew" in S*arb*cks-eese.

Although a Thai Iced Coffee from Stonecreek is often q.deece at the end of summer day?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
prayed on this a lot today and decided to be a coffeehaver now.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

im on my third cup of Tim Hortons PREMIUM Instant Coffee (Roast: Medium), which is what ive been drinking ever since wfh happend and i lost access to whatever bullshit we made in the drip machine at the office

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I have summited Mount Hagen in my :effort: to get coffee instantly without making a whole pot of real coffee (because :effort:)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Making afternoon moka

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
making a smaller aeropress than usual, going with 15g vs 19g since i'm starting so late today

psiox fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 9, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just had night beans

the sweetest taboo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Kaffee der Nacht

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

*extremely axl voice*
I'm on the night beans, bottoms up
I'm on the night beans, fill my cup
I'm on the night beans, ready to crash and burn, I never learn
I'm on the night beans, I love that stuff
I'm on the night beans, an' I can never get enough
I'm on the night beans, never to return, no

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
been drinking a bit less coffee this week but it makes the coffee i do drink all the more special

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

drank the last of my cold brew :(

making more cold brew now :)

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

made some dalgona earlier this morning

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haveing coffee

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

MononcQc posted:

made some dalgona earlier this morning

How did you make it?
I tried it several times, doing it by hand I couldn’t make it the right texture and using a little motorised whisk it just coated my entire kitchen with the stuff

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Fib posted:

How did you make it?
I tried it several times, doing it by hand I couldn’t make it the right texture and using a little motorised whisk it just coated my entire kitchen with the stuff

Literally picked 1 tbsp of granulated sugar, 1tbsp of instant coffee, and 1tbsp of cold tap water (most recipes advise for 2tbsp of each) and used a motorized hand mixer at its lowest speed for ~4-5 minutes in a small stainless mixing bowl. Then I just transferred it over the wide glass of milk in the pic.

From videos I've seen, doing it by hand can take upwards of 15 minutes of continuous whisking so I decided not to do that. I'd just say to pick a container with higher edges to use with a hand mixer to prevent the mess.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
had japanese instant coffee this morning

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

haveing a weak rear end coffee because I'm not that in the mood for one but if I don't take some caffeine I'm gonna have a withdrawal headache

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MononcQc posted:

haveing a weak rear end coffee because I'm not that in the mood for one but if I don't take some caffeine I'm gonna have a withdrawal headache

Mood's a thing for cattle and loveplay, not coffee.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Mood's a thing for cattle and loveplay, not coffee.

i never understood this quote

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

i never understood this quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHNOOW4ywA

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that seems like a very un-gurney halleck joke tbh.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

that seems like a very un-gurney halleck joke tbh.

*Angrily plays baliset at u

:mad:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

*Angrily plays baliset at u

:mad:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

making some afternoon moka

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
drinkin' 'ffee

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Just had coffee while supervising outdoor playtime for cats. NO DON'T EAT THAT PLANT OR YOU'LL BARF INSIDE LATER!

My cheap manual bean grinder is about to bite the dust.

Still haven't decided on 1ZPresso grinder of some sort or electric grinder.

Also here are my local coffee bean roasters

Just Coffee 3/5 mugs
Ephraim Coffee 4/5 mugs
Kickapoo Wonderstate Coffee 4/5 mugs
Colectivo Coffee 4/5 mugs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was about to say MKE represent but I didn’t realize colectivo had moved into IL as well

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I was about to say MKE represent but I didn’t realize colectivo had moved into IL as well

There is this MKE roaster I just haven't tried them yet. I hate their logo :|

https://anodynecoffee.com/

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

French Canadian posted:

There is this MKE roaster I just haven't tried them yet. I hate their logo :|

https://anodynecoffee.com/

:wrong:

Their logo and their coffee is good and strong and my friend.

E: I get the feeling it's not normal to have 3 goodish local roasters (like people who come here always :gizz: about it and want to take home packs of coffee and poo poo). Is there a reason MKE has good coffee or is it just "one of those things" (as the kids say these days)?

E2: I guess maybe I'd say "1 plus 1 plus 1" rather than "3" because Collectivo is way bigger than Stonecreek which is itself way bigger than Anodyne but they're all v.-to-e.deece?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 11, 2020

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
COFFEE ANODYNE ROASTING

seems a bad name and logo but if the coffee is good then that is what counts in this the coffee thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Schadenboner posted:

:wrong:

Their logo and their coffee is good and strong and my friend.

E: I get the feeling it's not normal to have 3 goodish local roasters (like people who come here always :gizz: about it and want to take home packs of coffee and poo poo). Is there a reason MKE has good coffee or is it just "one of those things" (as the kids say these days)?

E2: I guess maybe I'd say "1 plus 1 plus 1" rather than "3" because Collectivo is way bigger than Stonecreek which is itself way bigger than Anodyne but they're all v.-to-e.deece?

MKE is very good at brewing things.