Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Probably because this is the first time I've been aware that a show called Librarians ever existed and I'm sure I'm not alone.

It's a good show. And if they could bring Noah Wylie and Rebecca Romijn in for an episode I'd be incredibly down with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1281300079824044034

Ricochet go do cool moves in AEW it's better than Main Event but you have to do better than just glad to be in AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Probably because this is the first time I've been aware that a show called Librarians ever existed and I'm sure I'm not alone.

It's like 3 tv movies and a show. I don't know why TNT made three original movies and a show of this but it ran for a while.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It did but its still a weird little niche thing that's been off air for years and X-Files was like a cultural icon so like... it doesn't really need much explanation why they made the choice they did.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

STAC Goat posted:

It did but its still a weird little niche thing that's been off air for years and X-Files was like a cultural icon so like... it doesn't really need much explanation why they made the choice they did.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. I'm not saying it's a bad show at all, I can't because I had never even heard of it until this afternoon, but it's not a mystery as to why they went with the X-Files idea. And come on, "The Books are Out There" is loving great.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1281300079824044034

Ricochet go do cool moves in AEW it's better than Main Event but you have to do better than just glad to be in AEW.

I'd say that Ricochet will be punished for promoting the opposition but seriously, how much worse can it get?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He could be demoted to Superstars.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

I'd say that Ricochet will be punished for promoting the opposition but seriously, how much worse can it get?

He hasn't peed his pants on TV yet

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
but he told everyone he's the Ace of WWE, how could he ever leave?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

He hasn't peed his pants on TV yet

We can't confirm that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's 3 movies and a TV show as a "of course you should know this" but as a " holy poo poo can you believe this weird Indiana Jones knock off no one knows somehow produced 3 movies and a show"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My grandma enjoyed the Librarians stuff. Unfortunately she died a few years back so she cannot see them continued on AEW

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1281293542841741312?s=20

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

weren't the librarian skits where they investigated the dark order super super x files inspired

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The Bulgarian Beaut :swoon:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Procrastinator posted:

weren't the librarian skits where they investigated the dark order super super x files inspired

Yes.

That is the joke

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/TheBethPhoenix/status/1281379205633183745?s=19

Beth is still mega jacked, awesome

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It bums me out that Beth didn't get to wrestle during the big boom in women's wrestling. Her in her prime against the current crop of women's wrestlers in any company and on the indies would loving rule.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

It bums me out that Beth didn't get to wrestle during the big boom in women's wrestling. Her in her prime against the current crop of women's wrestlers in any company and on the indies would loving rule.

Same, she was always one of my favorites. There was something about her I found super compelling to watch.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
The first Librarian movie has Bob Newhart beat up like 10 guys at once. It’s pretty funny.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did Mongo low-key kind of kick rear end?

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurMongo/status/1281399760751136768

His promos are so unhinged and delivered in a way that you really believe him in a crazy, 80s-wrestler kind of way. I mean, he was obviously not having any incredible matches but he was (mostly) competent there. But man, his promos are always enjoyable for one reason or another.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tam has been posting thirst trap tweets like this since around the time poo poo got real with the virus if you want more

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ganso Bomb posted:

His promos are so unhinged and delivered in a way that you really believe him in a crazy, 80s-wrestler kind of way. I mean, he was obviously not having any incredible matches but he was (mostly) competent there. But man, his promos are always enjoyable for one reason or another.

I think Mongo could have been good if he didn't go into wrestling with 12 years oh NFL wear and tear on him going in

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

I think Mongo could have been good if he didn't go into wrestling with 12 years oh NFL wear and tear on him going in

Yeah the players weren't as big and fast in Mongo's era but the game was way more brutal and sports medicine wasn't much more advanced than stretching, ice, and heat therapy for any injury.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mongo legit loving rules, judging by that twitter account. So believable and kick rear end. Legit.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nut Bunnies posted:

Tam has been posting thirst trap tweets like this since around the time poo poo got real with the virus if you want more

Those and "cooking videos" where they're just POV Girlfriend roleplaying thirst traps.

Tam is a businesswoman.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wait wait wait. He wasn't anywhere near competent. He looked so loving dangerous because he looked like he was fighting. I don't believe he was trained, judging by how new looked. But again, that made him look awesome

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mongo was fantastic because he really, really, really wanted to be good, and that passion comes through with his promos and what he does in the ring.

The dude took a Top Rope Frankensteiner from Chris Jericho, probably because Chris said something like 'hey Steve I think this'll be good' and Mongo went 'hell yeah that sounds awesome let's do it'.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Kevin Greene is the NFL guy they should have gone all in with. Dude really took to the training, willing to learn and good in the ring for his limited experience.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ICHIBAHN posted:

Wait wait wait. He wasn't anywhere near competent. He looked so loving dangerous because he looked like he was fighting. I don't believe he was trained, judging by how new looked. But again, that made him look awesome

I guess my bar for competent was probably too low, because he could get in the ring and do *something* and I don't know if I've heard stories of him injuring anyone despite flailing around like a madman and looking sloppy a lot of the time. But he also sold his rear end off in hilarious ways, and I'm not sure if they were intended to be hilarious or if he was just loving life out there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MrBling posted:

Kevin Greene is the NFL guy they should have gone all in with. Dude really took to the training, willing to learn and good in the ring for his limited experience.

Problem was Greene was still active in the NFL at the time while Mongo was retired. For a guy who had less than a year of training before debuting on a Pay Per View, he was competent.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MrBling posted:

Kevin Greene was a Goddamn maniac and such a throwback to cocaine-fueled, screaming 80s promos.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I've if he injured anyone but he looked dangerous / clumsy. Awesome stuff

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess when you're a YOSHI-HASHI fan even Mongo looks good to you

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

I guess when you're a YOSHI-HASHI fan even Mongo looks good to you

I've got some scoops for you:
- Mongo's promos are insane and a blast to listen to
- Mongo's wrestling is insane and terrifying/hilarious to watch
- Mongo's dog wears costumes!

Mongo is for the people.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mongo was loving terrible at wrestling and color commentary, but his whole aura was spontaneous and disorganized and that's refreshing after two decades of overproduced, boring WWE television.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Mongo would have been a first ballot hall of famer if he didn’t start so late and with a decade of damage done to him.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Though I still think he was a weird fit for the Horsemen even if Flair liked him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mongo was both very very bad and much better than you'd expect him to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Nut Bunnies posted:

She's just telling us what her favourite Beatles song is.

I'll show myself out, probably via probation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)