Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Washington Redcoats

Go full WWE heel and have an effette British fop insult the United States and talk up British superiority amd how great tea is before every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Washington Redcoats

Go full WWE heel and have an effette British fop insult the United States and talk up British superiority amd how great tea is before every game

And once every 6 years when they play in Massachusetts, they can get thrown in the harbor.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

red friends.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Washington Redcoats

This would be great if they moved to London, too.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Washington break my loving heart for 25 straight years Dan Snyder you goddamn rear end in a top hat... errr, assholes.

How about the Washington GoGos.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

All right final offer: the Washington Wings. You can keep the color and the logo is now a delicious Buffalo wing dripping with sauce.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

And once every 6 years when they play in Massachusetts, they can get thrown in the harbor.

:hmmyes: I like this idea

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
DC 51s

I would say they could generally keep the theme with "Washington Powhatans" if done tastefully and in conjunction with native groups, but it's Dan Snyder in charge, so...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blind Pineapple posted:

I would say they could generally keep the theme with "Washington Powhatans" if done tastefully and in conjunction with native groups, but it's Dan Snyder in charge, so...

People being people even if they tried to do it right (which they wouldn't) I think this ship has sailed. No matter how respectful you try to be any sort of native american imagery will end up with fans showing up in headdresses and other bullshit.

Just pick an animal or some sort of tree or something people think about when they think of DC and go with it. Same for the Indians/Braves/Chiefs even those aren't as obviously racist.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Washington Jizzmoppers

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Quiet Feet posted:

All right final offer: the Washington Wings. You can keep the color and the logo is now Paul McCartney's mullet from the 1970's.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

All right final offer: the Washington Red Wings.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

All right final offer: the Washington Wings. You can keep the color and the logo is now a small airport in Nantucket. Your mascot is Thomas Hayden Church just walking around the stadium and chatting with people.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Blind Pineapple posted:

This has an inherent awkwardness, as the actual residents of the area were the Nacotchtank of the Piscataway people. The Powhatan from downriver were their enemies.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Sash! posted:

This has an inherent awkwardness, as the actual residents of the area were the Nacotchtank of the Piscataway people. The Powhatan from downriver were their enemies.

This is why consultation is important and why we shouldn't follow a white man's first instincts.

So, DC 51s or Washington Cherry Blossoms it is then.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

CannonFodder posted:

All right final offer: the Washington Wings. You can keep the color and the logo is now a small airport in Nantucket. Your mascot is Thomas Hayden Church just walking around the stadium and chatting with people.

i just want to let you know i'm here for this

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Fix It posted:

i just want to let you know i'm here for this
I wanted David Scrhamm but he died in late March this year of a heart attack in NYC. :( I don't know if it was Covid19 but I will blame covid anyways.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Washington Imperialists
Washington Drones
Washington Orange Skins

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

When Dan Snyder bungles this and FedEx pulls out maybe bangbros can finally swing in and get the stadium naming rights.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Blind Pineapple posted:

This is why consultation is important and why we shouldn't follow a white man's first instincts.

They're fairly obscure because they were never numerically large and were largely destroyed through the dumb luck of being at a crossroads of three major Native American powers. Long story short, the Susquehannock were pushing south to out-flank their rivals in the Haudenosaunee and decimated the Piscataway that the Nacotchtank were part of. Then, the Patawomeck, an ally of the Powhatan, decided now was a great time to grab some land further upriver. Then Europeans arrived and the Patawomeck convinced them to help finish the job.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Washington Ambassadors

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Washington Retail Workers That Have To Deal With Politicians' Bullshit All The drat Time

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It will probably be something lame like the Washington Metros and use a train logo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Washington Locomotives.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

It will probably be something lame like the Washington Metros and use a train logo.

This is appropriate because the Metro is always catching fire and breaking down, like Washington quarterbacks.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Washington Red Rockets

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Whooping Crabs posted:

Washington Red Rockets

Washington Red Robins and you can give the fans unlimited fries.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Rooster Brooster posted:

This is appropriate because the Metro is always catching fire and breaking down, like Washington quarterbacks.

As much as it catches flak, metro catches fire and breaks down far less often than the loving dogshit drivers around here

Worst goddamn drivers I've ever seen in my life, I miss my metro commute

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Whooping Crabs posted:

Washington Red Rockets

Washington Mr. Hands

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Warshington Condoms Filled With Cocaine That Have Been Shoved Up A Man's rear end in a top hat

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Washington Mascots

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Washington Interns

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Washington Reskins, and every week they have a new look

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ahh the Oregon football approach.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Sash! posted:

Yeah the Powhatans were more in the Richmond area of Virginia. Powhatan County is just outside the greater Richmond area and there's a ton of stuff in and around the area named Powhatan "insert business/school/etc here".

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Nope, still none of these are funny

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Raku posted:

Washington Reskins, and every week they have a new look

They sell lootcrates for a chance to get jerseys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Cross quotin’ from NV

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

When Dan Snyder bungles this and FedEx pulls out maybe bangbros can finally swing in and get the stadium naming rights.

I thought BangBros were the ones who usually pull out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

I thought BangBros were the ones who usually pull out

Snyder does seem like the type to let something blow up in his face.