Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There will absolutely be a Marvel VS Aliens crossover where the xenomorphs hatch out of heroes and gain their powers.

Like in the Wildcats issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

I've no idea who this "Knull" person is but he doesn't appear in Cates' first 5 issues of Thor.

Although just going by the name alone I'm guessing he's some elder god of nothingness or something, and it's not hard to see how that could tie into Cates' Thor given whats happened so far.

He's coming.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Nilbop posted:

I've no idea who this "Knull" person is but he doesn't appear in Cates' first 5 issues of Thor.

Pretty impressive to have never read one of Cates previous books. Boy, he sure does like using the same characters over and over and over.

But if he created Knull it makes sense he wants to push him hard to increase the odds of movie money. Cosmic Ghost Rider too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nilbop posted:

Although just going by the name alone I'm guessing he's some elder god of nothingness or something, and it's not hard to see how that could tie into Cates' Thor given whats happened so far.

You how the Surfer is black now and intangible in Cate's Thor? That's because Surfer met Knull in another of Cate's books and got chumped so hard it cracked his silver exterior.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

There will absolutely be a Marvel VS Aliens crossover where the xenomorphs hatch out of heroes and gain their powers.

Like in the Wildcats issue.

I'm not sure most remember it, but that issue was canon. Ellis really used a dumb tie-in to get rid of a bunch of Stormwatch characters for... reasons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You how the Surfer is black now and intangible in Cate's Thor? That's because Surfer met Knull in another of Cate's books and got chumped so hard it cracked his silver exterior.

Is this a bit? That’s too dumb to be real

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is this a bit? That’s too dumb to be real

:unsmith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The art was good, at least.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The art was really good in Silver Surfer: Black.

I’m pretty sure Knull ends up being the Black Winter in Thor. I’ve just read the first issue so far. I’m going to try and catch up tonight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not sure most remember it, but that issue was canon. Ellis really used a dumb tie-in to get rid of a bunch of Stormwatch characters for... reasons.

It was hard to find at the time and then they only were able to reprint it in a single collection and never any future editions so people who came to the Authority late may never have read it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

It was hard to find at the time and then they only were able to reprint it in a single collection and never any future editions so people who came to the Authority late may never have read it.

I only got it myself because I was subbed to Stormwatch at the time, but in a note you will appreciate I was able to flip the Ellis Stormwatch/Authority stuff when they were red-hot for like a month for store credit I used to get a C-9 Scorponok.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Open Marriage Night posted:

The art was really good in Silver Surfer: Black.

I’m pretty sure Knull ends up being the Black Winter in Thor. I’ve just read the first issue so far. I’m going to try and catch up tonight.

He's not.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Look Smithers, Knull is coming!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lobok posted:

Spider-Man has been hunted so many times by various villains it wouldn't be that out of the ordinary. But a Predator would fit moreso than a xenomorph.

That pitch from Dan Slott sounds like it's a Predator either coming to Earth or abducting Venom and Carnage to hunt them because Symbiots are like the ultimate challenge for a Predator. And it has Spider-man caught up in the middle.

And honestly that sounds like a perfect crossover that makes consistent sense for all participants.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

That pitch from Dan Slott sounds like it's a Predator either coming to Earth or abducting Venom and Carnage to hunt them because Symbiots are like the ultimate challenge for a Predator. And it has Spider-man caught up in the middle.

And honestly that sounds like a perfect crossover that makes consistent sense for all participants.

Like everything else Slott does, it has the germ of a good idea that would take a better writer than him to execute well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Totally forgot this both a thing that happened and was still an ongoing.

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/status/1281650018848354307?s=20

Also the 21 cutoff seems incredibly arbitrary, you can vote at 18, you can join the military at 17.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

Also the 21 cutoff seems incredibly arbitrary, you can vote at 18, you can join the military at 17.

Drinking age is 21.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lobok posted:

Drinking age is 21.

More 👏 drunk 👏 superheroes!! 👏

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Tony losing his sobriety for fancy Uru armor was gross.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jiro posted:

Really? I saw him giving up his most precious things. Also don’t forget the writer of that scene was well aware of giving up his sobriety.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Jiro posted:

It was a really interesting sacrifice to save everyone, that just never got touched on again.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

Wolverine and Thor team up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

Wolverine and Thor team up

Phoenix Wolverine and All Father Thor had a team up not too long ago!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JordanKai posted:

Fat cobra’s book was just cancelled

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

When did Outlawed 1 drop? I seriously don't remember it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Phoenix Wolverine and All Father Thor had a team up not too long ago!

Yeah but they didn't get drunk at all!

Soonmot posted:

When did Outlawed 1 drop? I seriously don't remember it.

It was all the way back in March before everything shut down so you might have read it and forgot

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 10, 2020

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol, what exactly are the cops supposed to do about Nova?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Well if a hero is in costume it doesn't seem like they can just ask them their age. If no one know's Miles' identity can't he just claim to be 21? Or if there is a new 18 year old hero who can disprove them when they say they're 21? Maybe Reed will invent some insane thing that tests a person and reveals their exact age.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Like Civil War, I suspect this exists only to have heroes fighting each other.

I really loving hope they don't try and make it topical by having a cop shoot some forgotten teenage Black sidekick (didn't Sam Wilson have one for a while?)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know he had a Latinx one that became Falcon when he was Captain America. He's with the Champions now.

Actually, did anything ever happen to resolve that AmeriCop story line? I can only remember it kind of going away when Cap got the shield back in the lead up to Secret Empire.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 11, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know he had a Latinx one that became Falcon when he was Captain America. He's with the Champions now.

I don't have high hopes for his survival.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Falcon also had a black sidekick (Rayshaun Lucas, the new Patriot) in his short-lived solo series right after Secret Empire.

It was all about how Blackheart became the mayor of Chicago and was like possessing cops and politicians and gang leaders to start a gang war in Chicago because he is evil and stuff.

All I really remember about it is that the whole schtick was the generation gap between Sam and Rayshaun, which would be fine fodder except for in a book set in 2018 all of Sam's cultural touchstones were from the 1960s and all of Rayshaun's cultural touchstones were from the early/mid 1990s, so instead of anything that might resonate with someone under 60 all of the arguments were like Fred Hampton vs. Chuck D, the Temptations vs. Mobb Deep, Flip Wilson vs. In Living Color.

Rayshaun was also in Champions, somehow.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Rayshaun was also in Champions, somehow.

I've seen Jim Zub on Twitter admit that 'all the teenage heroes ever' helped kill the book.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Skwirl posted:

Like Civil War, I suspect this exists only to have heroes fighting each other.

I really loving hope they don't try and make it topical by having a cop shoot some forgotten teenage Black sidekick (didn't Sam Wilson have one for a while?)

I have every confidence that Eve Ewing is not going to go there.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Dawgstar posted:

I've seen Jim Zub on Twitter admit that 'all the teenage heroes ever' helped kill the book.

The list of things that helped kill Champions is not short.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

The Champions of Los Angeles are the only Champions I acknowledge :colbert: #NotMyChampions

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen anybody talking about it so I'd like to pop in and say that Hawkeye Freefall was a really good story and people should read it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So tomorrow's the next issue of ASM and we're heading back to the Kindred mystery.

So, what's everyone's guesses?

My peak :tinfoil: theory is that Kindred was Harry Osborn, having traded his soul to Mephisto to bring his dad back to life (explaining how was alive offscreen the whole time till the Clone Saga - his survival was an in-universe retcon), and then when he got resurrected as parto f OMD, someone took over the identity. That person? Baby May Parker. Now hear me out! She got taken to hell as part of the OMD clusterfuck, aged up a la Magik, and took on the identity of Cindy Lawton to spy on her parents' past (explaining why she's a new character that's supposed to have existed all along - also would allow for Kindred to be at Harry's welcome back party that was referenced in #30). She'd also have reasons to bear grudges against both Norman and Peter.

TL;DR: :beck:

I look forward to being proven completely wrong.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Yvonmukluk posted:

So tomorrow's the next issue of ASM and we're heading back to the Kindred mystery.

So, what's everyone's guesses?

My peak :tinfoil: theory is that Kindred was Harry Osborn, having traded his soul to Mephisto to bring his dad back to life (explaining how was alive offscreen the whole time till the Clone Saga - his survival was an in-universe retcon), and then when he got resurrected as parto f OMD, someone took over the identity. That person? Baby May Parker. Now hear me out! She got taken to hell as part of the OMD clusterfuck, aged up a la Magik, and took on the identity of Cindy Lawton to spy on her parents' past (explaining why she's a new character that's supposed to have existed all along - also would allow for Kindred to be at Harry's welcome back party that was referenced in #30). She'd also have reasons to bear grudges against both Norman and Peter.

TL;DR: :beck:

I look forward to being proven completely wrong.

How much red thread, pins and polaroids are in your room right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Kindred is Pepe Silvia