Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jedit posted:

More like oldjokeless.

that was pretty clearly a joke. you could have gone with "oldtasteless" or even the more conceptual "oldoldless" but you blew it. you'll never get another shot like this. never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that was pretty clearly a joke. you could have gone with "oldtasteless" or even the more conceptual "oldoldless" but you blew it. you'll never get another shot like this. never.

He's usually pretty obvious with his set ups but that one was oldsubtletyless imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hard to call them setups when oldpainless’s posts are, without exception, funnier than any “punchline” reply, without exception

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more like oldplayedoutgimmickreply

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
More like ‘oldpeerless’.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stuntman posted:

Some things are traditional. The last post made before this forum dies, be it through Lowtax pulling the plug or ten billion years from now as the universe collapses into entropy, will be someone saying "More like oldforumless :smuggo:".

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
more like oldpurposeless

more like... what's the point

What's the point of anything

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Stuntman posted:

My favorites are when they set up the gimmick and nobody takes them up on it.

Then they try it again with another post and still nothing.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Rascar Capac posted:

I was at 6th form college with a girl whose GP was Harold Shipman. We worked out that she was safe through being young and poor.

I also never got to sleep with her despite really wanting to, but that’s not really relevant to the Shipman thing.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow talk about dodging two bullets

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

More like ‘oldpeerless’.

:unsmith:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Jedit posted:

Some things are traditional. The last post made before this forum dies, be it through Lowtax pulling the plug or ten billion years from now as the universe collapses into entropy, will be someone saying "More like oldforumless :smuggo:".

Some traditions are boring and played out. How long ago did this dumb reddit meme start anyway? 5 years?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Talking about Assassin's Creed.

wit posted:

Holy gently caress, the series has the same structure as muppet babies.

Mantis42 posted:

everything is kermitted

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

The peanut in this example is those conspiracy bugs, I assume.

The bugs are good, but "Measure of a Man" is one of the best TNG episodes period. Real good talky talky ethical dilemma stuff.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Lobok posted:

Talking about Assassin's Creed.

EorayMel posted:

Guy Mann posted:

Assassin's Creed is a series where Henry Ford gave Hitler magic space mind-control powers because of how much he hated the Jews. Said space mind-control powers are also responsible for Rasputin and Gandhi, and John F Kennedy was assassinated to steal that power from him. After Nikola Tesla faked his death and defected to the Nazis the nuclear bomb was invented as a way of destroying ancient alien artifacts, like the one Tesla stole all his ideas from. Just like Leonardo DaVinci.

Hitler also faked his death with a body double at the Führerbunker but killed literally five minutes later when he stepped outside of it, foiling his attempt to reunite with his secret ally and collaborator Winston Churchill.

Everything about the mythos of Assassin's Creed is hilarious and offensive on some level, the religious stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Facebook Aunt posted:

The bugs are good, but "Measure of a Man" is one of the best TNG episodes period. Real good talky talky ethical dilemma stuff.

Season 2, nerd card revoked :smuggo:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
A Guy Mann post being quoted should be reason enough to close the thread.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samuringa posted:

A Guy Mann post being quoted should be reason enough to close the thread.

More like “old sleeveless”.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

Season 2, nerd card revoked :smuggo:

:negative:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Some traditions are boring and played out. How long ago did this dumb reddit meme start anyway? 5 years?

I feel like we owe it to LaB to keep the joke rolling forever. Plus the once in a blue moon funny implementation of it is always worth reading through the thousands of failures.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've never been so disappointed in a near-stranger I only recognize through a digitized persona.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Chuck Norris posted:

I've always found the 'Chuck Norris Facts' Meme a good laugh, so I decided to make an appreciation thread where I can share my favorites and perhaps learn some new ones.

My personal favorites:

'Chuck Norris has two speeds. Walk, and Kill.'

'The leading causes of death in the United States are: 1. Heart Disease 2. Chuck Norris 3. Cancer'

Many can be found at: http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/ , but I'm sure that there's more around the web.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Chuck Norris has two speeds. Banned, and Permabanned.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

At least that was from 2007.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

cumshitter posted:

every time i see that dudes face the first couple seconds of the intro song for unbreakable kimmy schmidt plays but its "Unfuckable! He's alive, dammit!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

darkwasthenight posted:

Accents are actually more coherent across the country these days because people move around more - before industrialisation each village might have it's own strong dialect, so farmers from Sheepdickdale sound totally different to the turnip fuckers in Cowturddale across the valley. Now it's just a couple of dozen major dialects so as long as you know the local words for ginnel, breadcake, and wanker you're probably not too far out of water.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Animal-Mother posted:

That old man who was dying and said, "drat, I won't get to read the Mueller report."

ikanreed posted:

Dying as he libbed

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

IUG posted:

At least that was from 2007.

So only a decade after it would have been funny!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
It's over a decade old and it's definitely a "laughing at" rather than "laughing with" quote, but...

Dipes posted:

The book has absolutely nothing to do with facism. The book is about the greek ideals of the republic, how virtue strengthens the republic, how the republic can strengthen virtue, etc.

Just look at it. Just look at those two sentences in immediate juxtaposition.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Breetai posted:

It's over a decade old and it's definitely a "laughing at" rather than "laughing with" quote, but...

Was so happy to see David Roth writing about starship troopers the other day

https://twitter.com/SpikeFriedman/status/1280259511064817664

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

David Roth? The magician? :confused:

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

David Roth? The magician? :confused:

The word magician

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're both wrong. He's the frontman for Van Halen.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

RandomFerret posted:

So yes, the word magician

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Breetai posted:

I was really confused how that thread spanned 16 years with 3 pages. I didnt even know we had a dedicated review forum.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

That's David Lee Roth. The article writer must be some political/cultural commentator we haven't heard of.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

That's David Lee Roth. The article writer must be some political/cultural commentator we haven't heard of.

That’s your loss, man. David Roth is fantastic

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Garrand posted:

I was really confused how that thread spanned 16 years with 3 pages. I didnt even know we had a dedicated review forum.

The Film Dump and Blockbuster Video are both longstanding monuments to the fact that the people who complain about Cinema Discusso aren't actually all that interested in posting about movies outside of doing so in opposition to them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Norton the First posted:

Unrelated, but I just played past the rooftop scene in Kiwami 2 with the cop lady. Christ, There are probably gay men less averse to the thought of having relations with a woman than Kiryu, at least at this point in his arc.

Thank You Card posted:

honestly im not sure kiryu knows what a woman is beyond "they are small and I shouldn't hit them with absurdly epic tiger drops". there is a very real possibility that kiryu jist thinks they're miniature men and so it would be overkill to fight them

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i think anyone who successfully manages a cabaret club must understand that many other men enjoy talking to and sitting next to women, and sometimes even buying them drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cda posted:

Someone once said "Blessed are the merciful" but then the Romans probated him for three days.