Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Nah, Watch Dogs 2 is good, but probably not good enough to put up with that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

net cafe scandal posted:

Keep in mind folks that Watch _ Dogs 2 Probably sucks just as much as every other godless Ubisoft game and you're better off not debasing yourself for or wasting any of your time on this putrid company's promotional aspirations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I'm mostly watching to see how bad the train wreck is. I noticed they had a chat sidebar before the event started and it is conspicuously gone now, I wonder why :thunk:

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
The login system is down, I think. I got logged out of my Uplay app and now I can't even log back in to play my games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1282385749141331968?s=20

Lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it will come back up 5min before the end of the presentation and immediately crash again

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I've heard from people i actually trust when it comes to game opinions that watchdogs 2 is actually a good game so i'm quite keen to own a copy especially if it's free.

But seriously how in 2020 do you not realise that you need to have some beefy servers if you're going to have a promotion of this magnitude? GTA V being free crashed the epic store and that was a game that was available for days and days, this is a promotion that asks users to all log in in a 2 hour window.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

update - there's now a little gamepad panel next to the reward one and it has the clicky "claim your watch dogs" button

the clicky looks like it keeps failing ;)

e- so it looks like
- watch our show for a mere 1 minute to get game!
- you don't automatically get game added to your account, you have to claim it
- the claim panel is on the video page
- you can't claim it
- also now you're logged out
- you can't log back in
- why not watch our video while u wait??

well played, Mr Ubisoft. Very well played

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 12, 2020

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

baka kaba posted:

update - there's now a little gamepad panel next to the reward one and it has the clicky "claim your watch dogs" button

the clicky looks like it keeps failing ;)

Yea it just leads to a log in screen, but you cant log in so lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My login just worked and said it was added to my library.

:toot:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

My login just worked and said it was added to my library.

:toot:

Same, try now if you gave up earlier

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

lmao, still down.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Of course now I can’t log into the Uplay app to verify...

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't worry, you wouldn't be able to verify it until tomorrow when they deliver the game anyway! :angel:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

It's there in my library on uplay so it should be in yours also

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

But seriously how in 2020 do you not realise that you need to have some beefy servers if you're going to have a promotion of this magnitude? GTA V being free crashed the epic store and that was a game that was available for days and days, this is a promotion that asks users to all log in in a 2 hour window.

Realizing it is one thing, the real challenge is convincing the people who write the checks to pay for massive server overhauls that will only be relevant during a two hour marketing stunt

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Still busted for me.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Finally got in on the UPlay Application, but can't login on the website.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If your twitch is connected to uplay, you can just watch their twitch stream and you'll get the game tomorrow.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

This worked for me after some tries https://register.ubisoft.com/watch-dogs-2/en-US

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Oh cool, now my uPlay account has been temporarily suspended due to multiple failed login attempts. Cool.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

little munchkin posted:

Realizing it is one thing, the real challenge is convincing the people who write the checks to pay for massive server overhauls that will only be relevant during a two hour marketing stunt

I get that, but then you either adjust the promotion or you issue a statement prior saying that people might experience log in difficulties during the event etc but everyone will get a chance to claim the game, decent PR is free.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Oh cool, now my uPlay account has been temporarily suspended due to multiple failed login attempts. Cool.

lol mine too, drat.

Who could have foreseen this turn of events, wow, big surprise that their servers couldn't handle the logins. Surely this kind of thing has never happened before.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
good, cuz i had given up lol

Slavik
May 10, 2009

Seeing it too. Might actually focus on the stream now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

honestly this feels like something straight out of watch_dogs.... maybe an arg ??

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
decided to just watch the stream only to have it end 40 seconds later lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

oddium posted:

honestly this feels like something straight out of watch_dogs.... maybe an arg ??

*pretending to be a dumbass piggy Games goon* It's making me say Arg, that's for sure. :argh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you don't have to pretend you're an honourary games goon. semper games

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Thanks for the link, I'll try it later but it's giving me this:

"Due to high demand, this page is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later to claim your free copy of the game."

But I have higher hopes that the webpage will work later, who knows how their weird stream page will work when it's not playing something.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Overbite posted:

https://register.ubisoft.com/ubisoft-forward-reward/en-US

you need to go there and log in with the uplay account to claim the Watch Dogs 2 copy.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Thanks, this link seems to have worked.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think I did it? who knows

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Did anyone actually get the game yet?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bowmore posted:

I think I did it? who knows

I'm sure it'll show up eventually. Probably.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I clicked the link to redeem but don't have the game yet so idk

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
At this point they might as well just make it actually free on the shop for a week.

Not that its probably worth playing with legion around the corner, which looks far more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
eh, watch_dogs 2 is one of the the best games in its genre so it's still very much worth playing

also I have my doubts about legion's gimmick adding enough to the game, but I haven't seen a lot of it since its premiere